Gophers Host 2024 I...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Registered/Logged In users will not see this ad


[Closed] Gophers Host 2024 Ice Breaker - Vegas (Oct. 11th & 12th, 2024)

234 Posts
39 Users
51 Reactions
11.8 K Views
Hey_Sioux_Suck
(@hey_sioux_suck)
Micheletti Level
Joined: 12 years ago
Posts: 159
Rep Pts: 664
 

Called Ticketmaster and equally as unhelpful.  "These tickets aren't available yet, just keep checking back"


 
Posted : Mon. Oct 16, 2023 12:52 pm
Cowgirl
(@cowgirl)
Mayasich Level Golden
Joined: 22 years ago
Posts: 3769
Rep Pts: 11792
Post on old board: 10120
 

What a frustrating experience thus far.  


 
Posted : Mon. Oct 16, 2023 12:55 pm
Gopherfaninforks
(@gopherfaninforks)
Rookie
Joined: 10 years ago
Posts: 10
Rep Pts: 20
 

@dxmnkd316 it must be still inactive


 
Posted : Mon. Oct 16, 2023 12:59 pm
Steve MN
(@steve-mn)
Mariucci Level Golden
Joined: 14 years ago
Posts: 3331
Rep Pts: 7536
Post on old board: 10695
 

New Link is out


 
Posted : Mon. Oct 16, 2023 1:00 pm
Gopherfaninforks
(@gopherfaninforks)
Rookie
Joined: 10 years ago
Posts: 10
Rep Pts: 20
 

This was going to my 1st kid free vacation in a decade. This is crap were getting nothing but crickets out of everyone. 


 
Posted : Mon. Oct 16, 2023 1:01 pm
mcboozle
(@mcboozle)
Rookie Golden
Joined: 22 years ago
Posts: 2
Rep Pts: 7
 

Posted by: @jwg
↑

This is dumb. 

 

Promo code appears to be "goldengophers".  But all that does is turn all the sections blue saying there "ARE" tickets available, but you cant' actually select or buy tickets.

 

 

I just zoomed in and was able to select 2 seats

 


 
Posted : Mon. Oct 16, 2023 1:01 pm
gator reacted
Steve MN
(@steve-mn)
Mariucci Level Golden
Joined: 14 years ago
Posts: 3331
Rep Pts: 7536
Post on old board: 10695
 

Got my seat.  Row 1 Behind the net that the Home team (should be Gophers for both of their games) shoots at twice.


 
Posted : Mon. Oct 16, 2023 1:05 pm
gator reacted
Hey_Sioux_Suck
(@hey_sioux_suck)
Micheletti Level
Joined: 12 years ago
Posts: 159
Rep Pts: 664
 

Got my seats too!!  Section 104 on the aisle.  Center ice!


 
Posted : Mon. Oct 16, 2023 1:07 pm
gator reacted
JWG
 JWG
(@jwg)
Leopold Level Golden
Joined: 23 years ago
Posts: 789
Rep Pts: 1749
Post on old board: 8686
 

103 Row B, on the aisle (Row B is like Row 7?).

Looking forward to it!

 


 
Posted : Mon. Oct 16, 2023 1:15 pm
gator reacted
Cowgirl
(@cowgirl)
Mayasich Level Golden
Joined: 22 years ago
Posts: 3769
Rep Pts: 11792
Post on old board: 10120
 

It won’t accept our credit cards now. ?‍♀️?‍♀️?‍♀️


 
Posted : Mon. Oct 16, 2023 1:20 pm
Steve MN
(@steve-mn)
Mariucci Level Golden
Joined: 14 years ago
Posts: 3331
Rep Pts: 7536
Post on old board: 10695
 

Posted by: @cowgirl
↑

It won’t accept our credit cards now. ?‍♀️?‍♀️?‍♀️

Make sure to enter your address and hit Save on that section, before going down to put the CC info in.

 


 
Posted : Mon. Oct 16, 2023 1:21 pm
JWG
 JWG
(@jwg)
Leopold Level Golden
Joined: 23 years ago
Posts: 789
Rep Pts: 1749
Post on old board: 8686
 

Posted by: @cowgirl
↑

It won’t accept our credit cards now. ?‍♀️?‍♀️?‍♀️

It wouldn't accept ours either.  It's a hotel and casino so it thought it may be fraud.  Look for an e-mail or text from you CC company asking if legit charge or call them to get them to approve.

 

 


 
Posted : Mon. Oct 16, 2023 1:23 pm



dxmnkd316
(@dxmnkd316)
Leopold Level
Joined: 3 years ago
Posts: 524
Rep Pts: 1894
Post on old board: 29516
 

This is so utterly f***ked up.  THis isn't taylor swift.  This is a niche section of a niche sport.  It shouldn't be this damn difficult.  

 

My credit cards were all declined.  Only one texted me.  Wasn't the one I preferred to use but made it through...


 
Posted : Mon. Oct 16, 2023 1:28 pm
gator
This user has been banned
(@gator)
Topic starter
 

Sec: 106, Row: BB. Corner on the goal line Gophers (home team) shoot twice.


 
Posted : Mon. Oct 16, 2023 1:29 pm
Steve MN
(@steve-mn)
Mariucci Level Golden
Joined: 14 years ago
Posts: 3331
Rep Pts: 7536
Post on old board: 10695
 

Posted by: @jwg
↑

Posted by: @cowgirl
↑

It won’t accept our credit cards now. ?‍♀️?‍♀️?‍♀️

It wouldn't accept ours either.  It's a hotel and casino so it thought it may be fraud.  Look for an e-mail or text from you CC company asking if legit charge or call them to get them to approve.

 

Hmm, maybe that's why I had no problems.  Amex is very accustomed to me using that card in Vegas Grin

 


 
Posted : Mon. Oct 16, 2023 1:44 pm
Cowgirl
(@cowgirl)
Mayasich Level Golden
Joined: 22 years ago
Posts: 3769
Rep Pts: 11792
Post on old board: 10120
 

We STILL can’t get it to accept our cards.  Even called Amex and they said no issue on their end. ??


 
Posted : Mon. Oct 16, 2023 1:46 pm
dxmnkd316
(@dxmnkd316)
Leopold Level
Joined: 3 years ago
Posts: 524
Rep Pts: 1894
Post on old board: 29516
 

I initially tried Amex but only got an email at my work account that said I had to call them (screw that, also, see Cowgirl's post above). 

Capital One sent me a text, I said it was legit, and it went through without any further fuss.


 
Posted : Mon. Oct 16, 2023 1:52 pm
gator reacted
Gopherfaninforks
(@gopherfaninforks)
Rookie
Joined: 10 years ago
Posts: 10
Rep Pts: 20
 

Was able to get tickets 110, row 3, 1-4. I can't wait for a kid free vacation. Used a capital one card got the fraud text then it went through. 


 
Posted : Mon. Oct 16, 2023 2:16 pm
gator reacted
Gopherfaninforks
(@gopherfaninforks)
Rookie
Joined: 10 years ago
Posts: 10
Rep Pts: 20
 

There is a lot of tickets left still (we'll more than I thought there would be).


 
Posted : Mon. Oct 16, 2023 2:20 pm
gator reacted
gator
This user has been banned
(@gator)
Topic starter
 

Posted by: @gopherfaninforks
↑

There is a lot of tickets left still (we'll more than I thought there would be).

The arena seats nearly 7,500 if I recall. So after each school gets their allotted number for whomever (parents, staff and admins). Still probably leaves around 6,500 tickets.  

 


 
Posted : Mon. Oct 16, 2023 2:31 pm
Cowgirl
(@cowgirl)
Mayasich Level Golden
Joined: 22 years ago
Posts: 3769
Rep Pts: 11792
Post on old board: 10120
 

That was the definition of a SHIT SHOW. 

It only took two hours and trying half a dozen cards.  


 
Posted : Mon. Oct 16, 2023 3:09 pm
gator reacted
Mike Eruzione 11
(@mikeeruzione11)
Brooks Level Golden
Joined: 4 years ago
Posts: 2253
Rep Pts: 6823
 

For others that are also going, any pregame or pep rally plans? I haven’t seen any info from the U yet. 


 
Posted : Tue. Oct 1, 2024 9:59 pm
Steve MN
(@steve-mn)
Mariucci Level Golden
Joined: 14 years ago
Posts: 3331
Rep Pts: 7536
Post on old board: 10695
 

Given the ticket situation I've seen discussed, I doubt there's anything official for pre-game.


 
Posted : Tue. Oct 1, 2024 10:32 pm
maddie
(@maddie)
Lucia Level
Joined: 11 years ago
Posts: 29
Rep Pts: 74
 

@gopherfaninforks gopher fb in the rose bowl is certainly a factor in limiting Vegas attendance


 
Posted : Wed. Oct 2, 2024 6:29 am



ddillon22
(@ddillon22)
Wooger Level
Joined: 21 years ago
Posts: 89
Rep Pts: 229
 

I think I am somewhere along the glass but will move to better if attendance is low and seats are readily available.  I need to see a road/neutral site win again.   I had seen like 20 neutral site wins in a row up until th3 2014 Natl Champ game.  Then went to Boston so 0 for my last 2.


 
Posted : Wed. Oct 2, 2024 2:50 pm
Greyeagle
(@greyeagle)
Mayasich Level Moderator Golden
Joined: 23 years ago
Posts: 4780
Rep Pts: 13808
Post on old board: 21741
 

Posted by: @ddillon22
↑
I had seen like 20 neutral site wins in a row up until th3 2014 Natl Champ game.  Then went to Boston so 0 for my last 2.


Tom Hanks Quote GIF by Top 100 Movie Quotes of All Time

 


“When your best friend is the son of God, you get tired of losing every argument.”

― Christopher Moore, Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 
Posted : Wed. Oct 2, 2024 3:05 pm
gopher6
(@gopher6)
Broten Level
Joined: 21 years ago
Posts: 2159
Rep Pts: 3071
Post on old board: 5547
 

if the Gophers are hosting this why is there still no TV coverage listed yet?


Aloha!

 
Posted : Wed. Oct 2, 2024 3:17 pm
trixR4kids
(@trixr4kids)
Brooks Level
Joined: 18 years ago
Posts: 2043
Rep Pts: 6153
Post on old board: 15139
 

Idk but if we could get the anchorage games (funny commercials and all) back in the day then hopefully we can get these through some student production or what have you. 


 
Posted : Wed. Oct 2, 2024 3:24 pm
JWG
 JWG
(@jwg)
Leopold Level Golden
Joined: 23 years ago
Posts: 789
Rep Pts: 1749
Post on old board: 8686
 

We leave a week from tonight, looking forward the trip!

 


 
Posted : Wed. Oct 2, 2024 8:49 pm
Steve MN
(@steve-mn)
Mariucci Level Golden
Joined: 14 years ago
Posts: 3331
Rep Pts: 7536
Post on old board: 10695
 

After some pre-game chat on the Podcast, I checked TicketBa$tard for the Icebreaker... that place is going to be a morgue.  I found one section that has 8 tickets sold for Saturday.


 
Posted : Wed. Oct 2, 2024 9:36 pm
Composer
(@composer)
Micheletti Level Golden
Joined: 20 years ago
Posts: 273
Rep Pts: 543
 

Delay?


 
Posted : Wed. Oct 2, 2024 9:46 pm
Steve MN
(@steve-mn)
Mariucci Level Golden
Joined: 14 years ago
Posts: 3331
Rep Pts: 7536
Post on old board: 10695
 

New podcast link:  


 
Posted : Wed. Oct 2, 2024 9:47 pm
frozen 4 champs
(@frozen4champs)
Mayasich Level Golden
Joined: 22 years ago
Posts: 6380
Rep Pts: 17934
Post on old board: 9626
 

FYI--- The Gophers v Air Force will be on streamed on BTN+ @ 930pm next Friday. The guide doesn't show Saturday yet, but I assume it will be on there as well.


I actually give a @#$* about the Twins
Looking down from my High Horse
Morality Police

 
Posted : Fri. Oct 4, 2024 11:33 am
Steve MN
(@steve-mn)
Mariucci Level Golden
Joined: 14 years ago
Posts: 3331
Rep Pts: 7536
Post on old board: 10695
 

Posted by: @frozen4champs
↑

FYI--- The Gophers v Air Force will be on streamed on BTN+ @ 930pm next Friday. The guide doesn't show Saturday yet, but I assume it will be on there as well.

If they're not streaming the non-Gopher games, I'd guess you won't see the Saturday game show on the schedule until after the game Friday night.  The Icebreaker always has the championship as the late game on Saturday, so, right now, no way to know for sure what time the Gophers play.

 


 
Posted : Fri. Oct 4, 2024 12:42 pm
Cowgirl
(@cowgirl)
Mayasich Level Golden
Joined: 22 years ago
Posts: 3769
Rep Pts: 11792
Post on old board: 10120
 

Oh my damn I just got around to checking out the weather forecast for Vegas next week.  


Comedy Central Summer GIF by The Jim Jefferies Show

 
Posted : Sat. Oct 5, 2024 10:55 am
Kelly Red
(@kelly-red)
Broten Level Golden
Joined: 19 years ago
Posts: 1157
Rep Pts: 2696
 

@cowgirl Which hoodie are you taking? 😜


Dorothy: Who’s that?
Scarecrow: A man with an axe and a can of lube. I’ll ask if he wants to join us.

 
Posted : Sat. Oct 5, 2024 12:16 pm



Cowgirl
(@cowgirl)
Mayasich Level Golden
Joined: 22 years ago
Posts: 3769
Rep Pts: 11792
Post on old board: 10120
 

Posted by: @kelly-red
↑

@cowgirl Which hoodie are you taking? 😜

I mean I’ll need at least one to sit in a building full of ice and no people to warm it up. 😂

 


 
Posted : Sat. Oct 5, 2024 12:58 pm
Kelly Red and Slap Shot reacted
gator
This user has been banned
(@gator)
Topic starter
 

@cowgirl 

O/u of UND jerseys seen in Vegas… I have it at 3.5.


 
Posted : Sat. Oct 5, 2024 9:38 pm
Steve MN
(@steve-mn)
Mariucci Level Golden
Joined: 14 years ago
Posts: 3331
Rep Pts: 7536
Post on old board: 10695
 

According to the email I just got from Orleans, the Gophers get the late game both nights


 
Posted : Thu. Oct 10, 2024 7:19 pm
upnorthkid
(@upnorthkid)
Mayasich Level Golden
Joined: 11 years ago
Posts: 4007
Rep Pts: 12228
 

Posted by: @gator
↑

@cowgirl 

O/u of UND jerseys seen in Vegas… I have it at 3.5.

 hammer the over. This number seems more in line with number of UND fans there wearing Holy Cross jerseys


 
Posted : Thu. Oct 10, 2024 7:35 pm
Jûpe ♃
(@jupiter)
Brooks Level Admin
Joined: 23 years ago
Posts: 2067
Rep Pts: 7438
Post on old board: 15786
 

Posted by: @steve-mn
↑

According to the email I just got from Orleans, the Gophers get the late game both nights

I have had this on the schedule for over a month now...

 


Do not like how this board is run?
Get your own board!
♃

 
Posted : Thu. Oct 10, 2024 7:50 pm
dxmnkd316 reacted
JWG
 JWG
(@jwg)
Leopold Level Golden
Joined: 23 years ago
Posts: 789
Rep Pts: 1749
Post on old board: 8686
 

We are in air and on our way ! 

 


 
Posted : Thu. Oct 10, 2024 7:58 pm
Cowgirl
(@cowgirl)
Mayasich Level Golden
Joined: 22 years ago
Posts: 3769
Rep Pts: 11792
Post on old board: 10120
 

It’s hot.  🔥🥵🔥


 
Posted : Thu. Oct 10, 2024 11:08 pm
College Hockey Addict
(@collegehockeyaddict)
Mayasich Level
Joined: 20 years ago
Posts: 4665
Rep Pts: 12235
 

It's hot in Las Vegas? Shocking!!!!!!! 😉 


 
Posted : Thu. Oct 10, 2024 11:19 pm
Steve MN
(@steve-mn)
Mariucci Level Golden
Joined: 14 years ago
Posts: 3331
Rep Pts: 7536
Post on old board: 10695
 

Posted by: @cowgirl
↑

It’s hot.  🔥🥵🔥

For Vegas, this is pretty mild, really.

 


 
Posted : Thu. Oct 10, 2024 11:19 pm
Cowgirl
(@cowgirl)
Mayasich Level Golden
Joined: 22 years ago
Posts: 3769
Rep Pts: 11792
Post on old board: 10120
 

Zach Galifianakis The Hangover Movie GIF by filmeditor

 
Posted : Fri. Oct 11, 2024 1:25 am
frozen 4 champs
(@frozen4champs)
Mayasich Level Golden
Joined: 22 years ago
Posts: 6380
Rep Pts: 17934
Post on old board: 9626
 

Posted by: @cowgirl
↑

It’s hot.  🔥🥵🔥

Well it was 85 here in Mn, which is 24 degrees above normal 😎 

 


I actually give a @#$* about the Twins
Looking down from my High Horse
Morality Police

 
Posted : Fri. Oct 11, 2024 6:59 am
Cowgirl
(@cowgirl)
Mayasich Level Golden
Joined: 22 years ago
Posts: 3769
Rep Pts: 11792
Post on old board: 10120
 

Posted by: @frozen4champs
↑

Posted by: @cowgirl
↑

It’s hot.  🔥🥵🔥

Well it was 85 here in Mn, which is 24 degrees above normal 😎 

 

It was 87 at 9 pm here last night.  I dread venturing out with the sun up today….Thank goodness for our plans including a building full of ice! 🥶

 

 


 
Posted : Fri. Oct 11, 2024 11:14 am



College Hockey Addict
(@collegehockeyaddict)
Mayasich Level
Joined: 20 years ago
Posts: 4665
Rep Pts: 12235
 

This remind me of the time I was on a baseball road trip through California and Arizona with my father. During the trip I noticed that we weren't that far from Las Vegas so I talked him into taking a quick side trip so I could see the Las Vegas Strip. At the time I had never been there before. When we got there we only had a hour or so before we needed to leave for the Grand Canyon because dad wanted to see it at sun down so I spend an hour literally running up and down the Las Vegas Strip seeing as much as I could.

The kicker to this story is it was in August and it was REALLY hot. After doing this I was like this probably wasn't the brightest idea but YOLO. I've since been back a few times to enjoy Vegas more.


 
Posted : Fri. Oct 11, 2024 11:40 am
Bertogliat
(@bertogliat)
Brooks Level Golden
Joined: 23 years ago
Posts: 2391
Rep Pts: 5177
Post on old board: 12555
 

Posted by: @cowgirl
↑

Posted by: @frozen4champs
↑

Posted by: @cowgirl
↑

It’s hot.  🔥🥵🔥

Well it was 85 here in Mn, which is 24 degrees above normal 😎 

 

It was 87 at 9 pm here last night.  I dread venturing out with the sun up today….Thank goodness for our plans including a building full of ice! 🥶

 

 

No reason to go outside in Vegas.  Cabs, trams, etc.  Casinos are nicely air conditioned. And the night is the time to be awake in Vegas anyway.  If you do go outside, find the pool and some cold beverages.

 

There's no whining in Vegas, especially when you're there to watch Gopher hockey.  It kills me that I am not there.

 


 
Posted : Fri. Oct 11, 2024 12:03 pm
Page 2 / 5

Registered/Logged In users will not see this ad