88 Likes
17.6 K Views
gator
(@gator)
Brooks Level Golden
Rep Pts: 5708
Post on old board: 16243

Posted by: @bigbeer

Every time they show the Kiss Me commercial for the NHL I stop whatever I’m doing and watch it. So great. 

Yep... though I get to hear my wife sing the remainder of the song a half dozen times a night. 

Keep your stick on the ice...

Greyeagle
(@greyeagle)
Mayasich Level Moderator Golden
Rep Pts: 10644
Post on old board: 21741

Carolina wins in OT to advance against Tor/Fla winner.

Posted by: @greyeagle

If the Devils get the goaltending, and play the overall game, they did last night they may be the toughest out left.

Quick reminder so I remember why I neither gamble nor make predictions.

dodgeball GIF

“When your best friend is the son of God, you get tired of losing every argument.”

― Christopher Moore, Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bigbeer
(@bigbeer)
Brooks Level Golden
Rep Pts: 4056
Post on old board: 9428

Carolina wins in OT to advance against Tor/Fla winner.

If the Devils get the goaltending, and play the overall game, they did last night they may be the toughest out left.

Quick reminder so I remember why I neither gamble nor make predictions.

dodgeball GIF

And they have some key injuries 

The Rube
(@the-rube)
Mariucci Level Golden
Rep Pts: 7741
Post on old board: 35040

I have gotten to watch a few games this year, and while this is just a scant thought, it seems like blowouts or OTs, not a lot in-between...

When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the United States you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

Bigbeer
(@bigbeer)
Brooks Level Golden

Posted by: @the-rube

I have gotten to watch a few games this year, and while this is just a scant thought, it seems like blowouts or OTs, not a lot in-between...

The first round had a lot of close games, the second round has been as you described. 

The Rube
(@the-rube)
Mariucci Level Golden

The first round had a lot of close games, the second round has been as you described. 

Gotcha. Look forward to seeing a few more games, for sure. 

When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the United States you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

The Rube
(@the-rube)
Mariucci Level Golden

Erik Haula becomes the 1st player in Stanley Cup playoff history to be eliminated by the same opponent in 3 consecutive postseasons while playing for 3 different teams.

Slap Shot
(@slap-shot)
Brooks Level Golden
Rep Pts: 7118
Post on old board: 18942

Erik Haula becomes the 1st player in Stanley Cup playoff history to be eliminated by the same opponent in 3 consecutive postseasons while playing for 3 different teams.

He might want to consider a move to team in the other conference. 

Golden FE Ranger
(@golden-fe-ranger)
Wooger Level Golden
Rep Pts: 454

Next time your brother goes to shake your hand punch him in the head then flip him off. 
You can explain that’s why I can’t cheer for that hak. ?

For me this is going to be tough to beat as the post of the year. Maybe whoever announces Cooley is staying has a chance…

frozen4champs
(@frozen4champs)
Mayasich Level Golden
Rep Pts: 12643
Post on old board: 9626

The NHL is on a roll as far as clever Cup commercials.

https://twitter.com/PR_NHL/status/1657019120594964483

I'm 50% factual and 50% sarcastic. When you get to know me, you will know which is which.

Bigbeer
(@bigbeer)
Brooks Level Golden

TOR got screwed on the no goal. 

J22
 J22
(@j22)
Leopold Level Golden
Rep Pts: 1994
Post on old board: 5631

They didn't have any video that shows the puck anywhere near the goal line.

Cowgirl
(@cowgirl)
Brooks Level Golden
Rep Pts: 7318
Post on old board: 10120

Posted by: @j22

There was a view showing it across the line but they deemed the whistle had already been blown.   

J22
 J22
(@j22)
Leopold Level Golden

Posted by: @cowgirl

There was a view showing it across the line but they deemed the whistle had already been blown.   

The video from when Bobrovsky stands up?

GoldenRube
(@goldenrube)
Lucia Level Golden
Rep Pts: 23

Then why did it take so long to review? If the intent to blow the whistle was the deal then it should have only taken a huddle and then move on. There were 2 views that clearly showed it crossed the line. Toronto got hosed.

Cowgirl
(@cowgirl)
Brooks Level Golden

Posted by: @goldenrube

Then why did it take so long to review? If the intent to blow the whistle was the deal then it should have only taken a huddle and then move on. There were 2 views that clearly showed it crossed the line. Toronto got hosed.

I don’t know.  I was driving and listening to the video feed and briefly saw the end of the replays on the app when I got home showing the puck across the line but too late to get in the house to see it on tv where I could rewind it.   It did seem you could not hear a whistle, they were discussing body language.   
Hopefully the leafs get one here and it’s a moot point.  

Greyeagle
(@greyeagle)

FLA wins.

Vancouver like rioting in Toronto? ? 

“When your best friend is the son of God, you get tired of losing every argument.”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cowgirl
(@cowgirl)
Brooks Level Golden

I don’t even know who to root for now.  

The Rube
(@the-rube)
Mariucci Level Golden

I don’t even know who to root for now.  

A lot of multiple OT games. Because it's the Cup. 

Karlsson
(@karlsson)
Brooks Level
Rep Pts: 5211

Was that Gudas screaming in the face a Woll on the winner? I’m no Leafs fan, but

Richard Attenborough No GIF by Jurassic World

frozen4champs
(@frozen4champs)
Mayasich Level Golden
Rep Pts: 12643
Post on old board: 9626

https://twitter.com/BR_OpenIce/status/1657216372261134337

I'm 50% factual and 50% sarcastic. When you get to know me, you will know which is which.

Bigbeer
(@bigbeer)
Brooks Level Golden

It was obviously across the line, the goalie pulled it back across the line and then stood up. They claimed there was a whistle but I couldn’t hear anything. The studio guys were trying to throw out BS theories based on the body language of the players and Biz kept blowing them up. Then they tried to use the “ref intended to blow the whistle” crap which is ridiculous and why would he blow the whistle when the puck was still moving? 

Bigbeer
(@bigbeer)
Brooks Level Golden

Posted by: @karlsson

Was that Gudas screaming in the face a Woll on the winner? I’m no Leafs fan, but

Richard Attenborough No GIF by Jurassic World

That did look pretty bad but who knows what’s being said on the ice, maybe he deserved it. 

J22
 J22
(@j22)
Leopold Level Golden

It was obviously across the line, the goalie pulled it back across the line and then stood up. They claimed there was a whistle but I couldn’t hear anything. The studio guys were trying to throw out BS theories based on the body language of the players and Biz kept blowing them up. Then they tried to use the “ref intended to blow the whistle” crap which is ridiculous and why would he blow the whistle when the puck was still moving? 

You think the play was still live when there were 5 guys standing still and Bobrovsky stood up with the puck in his skates?

Greyeagle
(@greyeagle)

Maybe he was screaming in amazement he wasn't called for interference or holding the stick? ? ? ? 

Bigbeer
(@bigbeer)
Brooks Level Golden

You think the play was still live when there were 5 guys standing still and Bobrovsky stood up with the puck in his skates?

The puck was across the line before he stood up. I took it to mean he thought it was a goal. The TOR player jumped up like he thought it was a goal too. 

J22
 J22
(@j22)
Leopold Level Golden

The puck was across the line before he stood up. I took it to mean he thought it was a goal. The TOR player jumped up like he thought it was a goal too. 

I think it's possible that the puck crossed the line at some point as Bobrovsky slid to the right post. But there certainly wasn't any video that showed it. The debate on the TNT panel was completely asinine. They were talking about what happened 5 seconds after the play was over.

Snowcool08
(@snowcool08)
Bonin Level Golden
Rep Pts: 1161
Post on old board: 6069

I know it’s not official yet, but I have almost zero interest in a Dallas vs Vegas and Carolina vs Florida final four. 

Karlsson
(@karlsson)
Brooks Level

If I’m truly honest with myself, I lost interest before the first round ended. But, I keep watching because something usually happens that makes me dislike one team more than the other. 

Slap Shot
(@slap-shot)
Brooks Level Golden

Posted by: @snowcool08

I know it’s not official yet, but I have almost zero interest in a Dallas vs Vegas and Carolina vs Florida final four. 

No cold-weather cities left? Ugh.

Karlsson
(@karlsson)
Brooks Level

Posted by: @slap-shot

Posted by: @snowcool08

No cold-weather cities left? Ugh.

Edmonton is left, for now. I don’t care what anyone says Seattle isn’t cold. ? 

Karlsson
(@karlsson)
Brooks Level

So this is what giving a damn in an elimination game at home looks like. Seems fun. 

bearpaw28 reacted
camo coat guy
(@camo-coat-guy)
Micheletti Level
Rep Pts: 585

I kinda hate it when a team loses especially eliminated over a controversial goal. Toronto’s turn this time, that sucks it was in. Unless proven otherwise it’s not a goal concept is by the book yeah but ok, if the puck is under a goalie’s glove in the back of the net but yet the puck isn’t visible it doesn’t count? Sometimes the Andy Taylor rule should kick in. Maybe it’s not the legal thing to do but as the sheriff of Mayberry it’s not about the rules it’s about what’s right. Then Toronto again on the delay of game penalty out of play on the blue line minutes later. I thought wow, not their night.

Greyeagle
(@greyeagle)

Live from Edmonton....

Water Lol GIF by America

gator
(@gator)
Brooks Level Golden
Rep Pts: 5708
Post on old board: 16243

IMG 5521

Keep your stick on the ice...

The Rube reacted

Greyeagle
(@greyeagle)

Seattle should just change its name to Interference.  

Cowgirl
(@cowgirl)
Brooks Level Golden

Food for thought in light of some of the previous discussions regarding fighting. 

Study: Hockey enforcers die younger Columbia University released a study showing a stark contrast in mortality rates among hockey players who had higher penalties for fighting.

https://www.kare11.com/article/sports/study-shows-hockey-enforcers-die-younger/89-e5bc5f3e-5c05-4aff-9bf9-71d363d5b6c4

The Rube
(@the-rube)
Mariucci Level Golden

Hits to the head, a la boxing. Not a surprise. 

gopher6
(@gopher6)
Bonin Level
Rep Pts: 1244
Post on old board: 5547

I see the Stanley Cup finals Carolina vs Vegas with Carolina winning it

Aloha!

bearpaw28
(@bearpaw28)
Bonin Level
Rep Pts: 1245
Post on old board: 6912

Suters a D-Bag. That said, he looks leaner, in better shape & his buyout isn’t aging well..

J22
 J22
(@j22)
Leopold Level Golden

Posted by: @bearpaw28

Suters a D-Bag. That said, he looks leaner, in better shape & his buyout isn’t aging well..

I'm shocked that the Dallas locker room has been able to survive his presence. 

Karlsson
(@karlsson)
Brooks Level

My dad’s theory to the bad air quality is that the Canada fires were set by Toronto and Edmonton faithful. 

fightclub30
(@fightclub30)
Stauber Level Golden
Rep Pts: 995

I wonder how bad the ratings will be for the conference finals and finals...  Most of the people I have talked to have little to no interest in watching the remaining teams.

MikeEruzione11
(@mikeeruzione11)
Brooks Level Golden
Rep Pts: 4472

Posted by: @fightclub30

I wonder how bad the ratings will be for the conference finals and finals...  Most of the people I have talked to have little to no interest in watching the remaining teams.

Agreed... my guess is that unless you're gambling on it, the general public isn't going to care at all.

gopher6
(@gopher6)
Bonin Level
Rep Pts: 1244
Post on old board: 5547

JWG
 JWG
(@jwg)
Leopold Level Golden
Rep Pts: 1799
Post on old board: 8686

Send the Yotes to Hartford. Mend the city. 

YoungEagle
(@youngeagle)
Leopold Level Golden
Rep Pts: 1759

Do the right thing. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Videotron_Centre

'29, '40, '74, '76, '79, '02, & '03
GPL's Resident Cabin Enthusiast & Cadets Hockey Fan

Golden FE Ranger
(@golden-fe-ranger)
Wooger Level Golden
Rep Pts: 454

Posted by: @youngeagle

Do the right thing. 

If I were king the Nordiques, Whale, and North Stars would be back; the 3 best sweaters in the NHL would still be worn on rinks across North America and many of the world’s issues of the last few decades would likely disappear as a result. 

Greyeagle and Slap Shot reacted
Slap Shot
(@slap-shot)
Brooks Level Golden

Posted by: @youngeagle

Do the right thing. 

Was that thing built at Roswell and fly to its current location?

Greyeagle
(@greyeagle)

Posted by: @golden-fe-ranger

If I were king the Nordiques, Whale, and North Stars would be back; the 3 best sweaters in the NHL would still be worn on rinks across North America and many of the world’s issues of the last few decades would likely disappear as a result. 

It's good to be the king.

mel brooks horror GIF

Page 9 / 13