88 Likes
17.2 K Views
trixR4kids
(@trixr4kids)
Broten Level
Rep Pts: 2139
Post on old board: 15139

Posted by: @upnorthkid

Gretzky said it most accurately. Vegas is insanely deep, and that’s the advantage I think they were given. Their defense is loaded with playoff type guys who smother and block shots. They’ve got 4 lines who can score. You couldn’t protect everyone in the draft and it set them up for success. Kudos to them for capitalizing on it, but to act like they weren’t given a huge advantage isnt telling the full story

I think were is the key word here. Getting decent third liners in an expansion draft is not the main reason they’re winning today.

Bigbeer
(@bigbeer)
Broten Level Golden
Rep Pts: 3958
Post on old board: 9428

I have a decades long streak of making sure I watch the Cup being skated. I don’t remember a third period that was harder to sit thru than this one. 

Greyeagle
(@greyeagle)
Mayasich Level Moderator Golden
Rep Pts: 10477
Post on old board: 21741

Vegas pukes should NOT boo Bettman. 

“When your best friend is the son of God, you get tired of losing every argument.”

― Christopher Moore, Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

gator reacted
gator
(@gator)
Brooks Level Golden
Rep Pts: 5612
Post on old board: 16243

Posted by: @greyeagle

Vegas pukes should NOT boo Bettman. 

Yep… It should’ve been the loudest 
T-Mobile has even been when he came onto the ice.

Like I said in a group text… He failed in Arizona, so he made a gimmick of an expansion draft in Vegas. Followed by Seattle. If Seattle was before Vegas, Seattle would've had the same expansion draft as the Wild and any other team prior. Then Vegas would've gotten the expansion draft like they did.

Keep your stick on the ice...

gopher6
(@gopher6)
Bonin Level
Rep Pts: 1228
Post on old board: 5547

Aloha!

Greyeagle
(@greyeagle)
Mayasich Level Moderator Golden
Rep Pts: 10477
Post on old board: 21741

This will rate up there as one of the great Stanley Cup pictures of all time.  That girl has it figured out!!

IMG 9034

“When your best friend is the son of God, you get tired of losing every argument.”

― Christopher Moore, Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Page 13 / 13