Quote: gopher6So why is tonight’s Wild game not on local tv? The only option is ESPN+
It is on Wild.com for free tonight.
Looking down from my High Horse
Morality Police
Not very objective
Blackout on ESPN+ for me
ESPN is working for me but I’m also not in mn.
I was able to get the game last night on my Ipad but not on my local cable feed
Aloha!
Quote: Slap Shot
Old guys like me will remember Spectrum as the PPV home of North Star games and films of a certain kind.
Quote: ZwakOld guys like me will remember Spectrum as the PPV home of North Star games and films of a certain kind.
IYKYK

“When your best friend is the son of God, you get tired of losing every argument.”
― Christopher Moore, Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote: ZwakQuote: Slap ShotOld guys like me will remember Spectrum as the PPV home of North Star games and films of a certain kind.
Norm Greed sucks
Aloha!
It was not uncommon at a certain age to turn to a certain Spectrum channel hoping to see the occasional *slip* amongst all the white noise.
Good news to those of you who have FUBO. They are still working on agreements with DirecTV and other cable outlets.
https://twitter.com/mnwild/status/2104592927892664762
Looking down from my High Horse
Morality Police
Not very objective
Faber to start season on IR
https://twitter.com/RussoHockey/status/2104677680905916677
Looking down from my High Horse
Morality Police
Not very objective
Bottom 6 look awful, and is Coleman really a Top 3 F?
https://twitter.com/PuckPedia/status/2104721757404082361?s=20
Quote: Slap ShotBottom 6 look awful, and is Coleman really a Top 3 F?
https://twitter.com/PuckPedia/status/2104721757404082361?s=20
that depends on if you think a 34 year old guy who had a peak scoring of .7ppg 3 years ago is a top 6 player.
they should be hard to play against physically, but they're going to need QH to generate at least as well as he did last year over the whole season (and stay healthy) to try contend with Colorado, Dallas, and the like.
Faber sustained a fractured skull and underwent surgery. Really pulling for a speedy recovery.
Quote: LawAbidingGopherFaber sustained a fractured skull and underwent surgery. Really pulling for a speedy recovery.
Hard to even put that into context without knowing more. At any rate, hopefully it's not super serious.
YouTube doc Brian Sutterer, who does a thorough analysis of sports injuries, covered Faber's skull fracture. It's worth a look and, unfortunately, the timeline for his return is quite extended.
Quote: streaky gopherYouTube doc Brian Sutterer, who does a thorough analysis of sports injuries, covered Faber's skull fracture. It's worth a look and, unfortunately, the timeline for his return is quite extended.
He does an excellent job of breaking down sports injuries and what follows in terms of treatment.
I recall receiving a similar update from Midco prior to the start of the Twins season, after they moved to their current broadcast arrangement, and a few days later it was announced Comcast & Midco would carry the games - assuming you have the correct tier. Fingers crossed this same scenario plays out for the Wild.
“When your best friend is the son of God, you get tired of losing every argument.”
― Christopher Moore, Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Not sure how accurate this is, but someone from DirecTV told this person that the Wild will be on NHL Network tonight. My DirecTV guide does not show that and I don't remember how the blackout rules apply to games simulcast on the NHL Network. Let's hope they get this thing done before game time.
https://twitter.com/DIRECTVhelp/status/2105476499654500808
Looking down from my High Horse
Morality Police
Not very objective
Starting to get the feeling that Quinn Hughes does plan on signing with the Wild.
Trying to remain hopeful that he will resign if the Wild can make a deal for a Center by Thanksgiving - December.
I love how nobody gets NHL network lmao, the league is so poorly ran.
My DVR is showing the Wild games as a scheduled recording on channel 3080 for Comcast homes....
We shall see. I didn't know Comcast had channels that high. I do pay extra for sports package.
Quote: BertogliatMy DVR is showing the Wild games as a scheduled recording on channel 3080 for Comcast homes....
We shall see. I didn't know Comcast had channels that high. I do pay extra for sports package.
Same here I hope we get it!
Aloha!
Wild announce 10 over the air game schedule.
https://twitter.com/mnwild/status/2105757143718916508
Looking down from my High Horse
Morality Police
Not very objective
Season opener puck drop and no Quinn Hughes extension in sight. I’m beyond disappointed & want Bill G. head on a stick. You don’t trade Zeev Buium & 3 other first round picks to win ONE playoff series. Billy’s cocky attitude has misled him & the organization. Go make some more Christmas MeatBalls Dip 💩 that’s all your good for! 🙄 😉 lol
Quote: bearpaw28Season opener puck drop and no Quinn Hughes extension in sight. I’m beyond disappointed & want Bill G. head on a stick. You don’t trade Zeev Buium & 3 other first round picks to win ONE playoff series. Billy’s cocky attitude has misled him & the organization. Go make some more Christmas MeatBalls Dip 💩 that’s all your good for! 🙄 😉 lol
I see you have moved on from the Pohlads. If he doesn't swing for the fences, people bitch. At least he has tried to do something. The only real loss in that trade may be Buium. I guess you can move on to the T Wolves now....
Looking down from my High Horse
Morality Police
Not very objective
What constitutes goaltender interference in the NHL remains a bigger mystery than the Jimmy Hoffa disappearance.
“When your best friend is the son of God, you get tired of losing every argument.”
― Christopher Moore, Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote: frozen 4 champsQuote: bearpaw28Season opener puck drop and no Quinn Hughes extension in sight. I’m beyond disappointed & want Bill G. head on a stick. You don’t trade Zeev Buium & 3 other first round picks to win ONE playoff series. Billy’s cocky attitude has misled him & the organization. Go make some more Christmas MeatBalls Dip 💩 that’s all your good for! 🙄 😉 lol
I see you have moved on from the Pohlads. If he doesn't swing for the fences, people bitch. At least he has tried to do something. The only real loss in that trade may be Buium. I guess you can move on to the T Wolves now....
I agree Buium is the key loss in that trade. And it’s a BIG Loss. You can’t make that trade without extending Quinn. Take off your home team glasses for God Sakes & be objective for a change. lol
Quote: GreyeagleWhat constitutes goaltender interference in the NHL remains a bigger mystery than the Jimmy Hoffa disappearance.
By the rule book, they got that one correct. Actually using the rule book is a somewhat rare occurrence for the NHL though.
Quote: bearpaw28Quote: frozen 4 champsQuote: bearpaw28Season opener puck drop and no Quinn Hughes extension in sight. I’m beyond disappointed & want Bill G. head on a stick. You don’t trade Zeev Buium & 3 other first round picks to win ONE playoff series. Billy’s cocky attitude has misled him & the organization. Go make some more Christmas MeatBalls Dip 💩 that’s all your good for! 🙄 😉 lol
I see you have moved on from the Pohlads. If he doesn't swing for the fences, people bitch. At least he has tried to do something. The only real loss in that trade may be Buium. I guess you can move on to the T Wolves now....
I agree Buium is the key loss in that trade. And it’s a BIG Loss. You can’t make that trade without extending Quinn. Take off your home team glasses for God Sakes & be objective for a change. lol
Hard to say until we know who was available for those traded 1st round picks.
Quote: bearpaw28Quote: frozen 4 champsQuote: bearpaw28Season opener puck drop and no Quinn Hughes extension in sight. I’m beyond disappointed & want Bill G. head on a stick. You don’t trade Zeev Buium & 3 other first round picks to win ONE playoff series. Billy’s cocky attitude has misled him & the organization. Go make some more Christmas MeatBalls Dip 💩 that’s all your good for! 🙄 😉 lol
I see you have moved on from the Pohlads. If he doesn't swing for the fences, people bitch. At least he has tried to do something. The only real loss in that trade may be Buium. I guess you can move on to the T Wolves now....
I agree Buium is the key loss in that trade. But you can’t make that trade without extending Quinn. Take off your home team glasses for God Sake & be objective for a change. lol
Well, he could not extend Hughes when he made the trade, so in your eyes he should not have made the trade to try to improve the team? How's that for being objective?
Looking down from my High Horse
Morality Police
Not very objective
@frozen4champs I still have hopes Billy will get the extension done on Q. Even if it’s for 2-3 years, it will be a net win for the Wild. Q is amazing. But Vancouver certainly projects Buium to be a future All Star, they just extended him for more 💵 than Faber. However, if Billy fails to extend Q, his trade value as we approach the deadline will be diminishing. And if they are forced to trade Q…in the end the Buium trade will be a net loss. It’s not about what a GM tries to do, it’s what he accomplishes.
Wild looking pretty good tonight...
Quote: bearpaw28@frozen4champs I still have hopes Billy will get the extension done on Q. Even if it’s for 2-3 years, it will be a net win for the Wild. Q is amazing. But Vancouver certainly projects Buium to be a future All Star, they just extended him for more 💵 than Faber. However, if Billy fails to extend Q, his trade value as we approach the deadline will be diminishing. And if they are forced to trade Q…in the end the Buium trade will be a net loss. It’s not about what a GM tries to do, it’s what he accomplishes.
You can't score if you don't shoot.
I get the frustration and, of course, this will be judged in the rear view mirror. But first Buium needs to become a perennial all star that is not guaranteed based on pay. You must admit, the team got better after the trade. If Quinn leaves that money can be used elsewhere and you will then have to compare Buium to whoever else is added with that money.
Let's all hope the extension gets done.
While I certainly hope they get Quinn extended, we need to keep in mind that, after the trade happened, Quinn has changed his mind on where/how he wants to play, specifically, that he came to the conclusion that he really wants to play alongside his brothers, even if it means taking what most players would think of as a lesser deal (less money, less duration, whatever). That was not something that was really a concern at the time of the trade, so, trying to lay that at Guerin's feet is about one step too far for me to go without more.
Quote: Steve MNWhile I certainly hope they get Quinn extended, we need to keep in mind that, after the trade happened, Quinn has changed his mind on where/how he wants to play, specifically, that he came to the conclusion that he really wants to play alongside his brothers, even if it means taking what most players would think of as a lesser deal (less money, less duration, whatever). That was not something that was really a concern at the time of the trade, so, trying to lay that at Guerin's feet is about one step too far for me to go without more.
I'm not sure if I'm understanding you properly, but QH most certainly was thinking of playing with his brothers at the time of the trade. I think until the trade happened, most people assumed that NJ was the logical destination and if he didn't get traded there he would end up there as a FA anyway. I'd say the trade to MN made him rethink it in the sense that he has considered signing a with MN, but obviously hasn't done that...yet.
I get the playing with the brothers thing. I really do. However, as a professional athlete the goal should be to win a Cup. If he thinks he can do that playing with his brothers, ok, but if not, he should focus on winning the Cup, IMO.
I know an ex MLB player from Minnesota who I once asked if Mauer was a first-ballot Hall of Fame inductee. He answered yes without hesitation. He was right obviously.
Then unprompted, he went on to say that the only thing that stuck in his craw about Mauer was that he didn't chase a World Series ring by leaving Minnesota for a few years. He said he could have gone to any team but valued staying in Minnesota over winning a ring. While he respected anyone's decision to value staying put, even at a discount, he thought it reflected on a player's desire to win the big one.
Quote: streaky gopherI get the playing with the brothers thing. I really do. However, as a professional athlete the goal should be to win a Cup. If he thinks he can do that playing with his brothers, ok, but if not, he should focus on winning the Cup, IMO.
I know an ex MLB player from Minnesota who I once asked if Mauer was a first-ballot Hall of Fame inductee. He answered yes without hesitation. He was right obviously.
Then unprompted, he went on to say that the only thing that stuck in his craw about Mauer was that he didn't chase a World Series ring by leaving Minnesota for a few years. He said he could have gone to any team but valued staying in Minnesota over winning a ring. While he respected anyone's decision to value staying put, even at a discount, he thought it reflected on a player's desire to win the big one.
First, I don't think any of us should tell someone else what their main goal in life should be. Some people might value a cup/championship more than anything. But not everyone. And we are really talking about probabilities with QH. Maybe the odds are a little better playing with the Wild than joining his brothers. But NJ would have much better odds with Quinn on the team than they do now. So does the difference in odds outweigh the guarantee that you play with your brothers if you move. And even though odds of getting a Cup might be lower in NJ, winning with your brothers might be sweeter. That is where I think people keep making the point that if the Wild somehow were to add Larkin, now the Cup odds with Minnie increase so that might tip the balance to signing for a few years.
And as for judging BG's decision on this, I don't think you can until you see how it plays out. BG took a swing like we haven't had GM's do very often here. He gambled on Quinn wanting to sign for at least a few years. The way Quinn was talking at the end of last season it looked like a done deal. Signing Larkin might have pushed him over, but I don't think you can blame BG for Detroit turning down a pretty good offer from him. And then the fact they haven't yet hired a GM so BG can't even give it another shot. When he made the trade someone asked me what I thought of it. I was very excited to watch Bium develop when he came. After thinking about it a little, I said, if they win the Cup in the next couple years, or if they can sign him for a longer contract, I like the deal. If we have to trade him before the deadline to NJ for whatever they are willing to give us, it will be disappointing. But having him on the team last year sure made for a more exciting season than if he hadn't made the trade. (Hopefully this will work out better than the Parise/Suter swing, or the awesome Herhall Walker trade.)
Yeah we can only guess what his biggest motivator is and whether playing with his brothers truly outweighs everything else. I haven't seen all his interviews or read that much on it, the only thing I've seen is him giving the somewhat typical/diplomatic hockey player answer of "it'd be cool but I want to win" which kinda leaves all possibilities open. My guess is he just wants a big contract wherever he can get it and maybe he'd be more willing to take a slight discount in NJ and not ask for slightly below Cale Makar money like he would elsewhere (ie MN). And BG might be waiting to learn more about the long term cap implications or what have you.
Larkin put on non injury IR by Detroit.
just lol from a hockey player to be this weak but bodes better for those like the Wild who want him Detroit isn’t playing him
Quote: upnorthkidLarkin put on non injury IR by Detroit.
just lol from a hockey player to be this weak but bodes better for those like the Wild who want him Detroit isn’t playing him
Weak? Why would anyone risk getting injured for that joke of an organization?
Quote: J22Quote: upnorthkidLarkin put on non injury IR by Detroit.
just lol from a hockey player to be this weak but bodes better for those like the Wild who want him Detroit isn’t playing him
Weak? Why would anyone risk getting injured for that joke of an organization?
I don’t think the mn wild or really an mn pro hockey fan has any grounds to talk about another organization being a joke given our personal history man
I see the well run Red Wings organization is working on reconciling with Dylan like they said they would.
https://twitter.com/MarcRyanOnAir/status/2106169214403043580
Quote: College Hockey AddictI see the well run Red Wings organization is working on reconciling with Dylan like they said they would.
As pang said at the game, stealing from someone who summarized well
as panger said when they went back to the crew at game. paraphrasing a little:
"if larkin isnt there for introductions then the team would have to make the decision of the other healthy scratches and injured guys also don't get introduced. kind of everyone gets it or no one does."
its home opener every player on roster gets introduced, injured or healthy scratched.
i guess they could hide him but he’s pretty clearly chosen this path. Illitch sucks I agree, but this is going to be no win until they either move on or try address it. Think Larkin is pretty well aware of what was coming And the comments from the tnt crew on that players see it, well players also see a guy quitting on 5 years of contract and giving 3 teams he’ll be traded to, all of which are cup favorites while collecting a 9 million dollar paycheck.
i think he’ll be ok. I don’t super believe McClellan, but he also has no reason to throw it in there but he says Larkin wanted to be there
Quote: upnorthkidQuote: J22Quote: upnorthkidLarkin put on non injury IR by Detroit.
just lol from a hockey player to be this weak but bodes better for those like the Wild who want him Detroit isn’t playing him
Weak? Why would anyone risk getting injured for that joke of an organization?
I don’t think the mn wild or really an mn pro hockey fan has any grounds to talk about another organization being a joke given our personal history man
The fact that Minnesota has had bad hockey teams in the past means that I am not allowed to point out that the Detroit Red Wings are currently a trash organization?
That's a really stupid take.
Quote: J22Quote: upnorthkidQuote: J22Quote: upnorthkidLarkin put on non injury IR by Detroit.
just lol from a hockey player to be this weak but bodes better for those like the Wild who want him Detroit isn’t playing him
Weak? Why would anyone risk getting injured for that joke of an organization?
I don’t think the mn wild or really an mn pro hockey fan has any grounds to talk about another organization being a joke given our personal history man
The fact that Minnesota has had bad hockey teams in the past means that I am not allowed to point out that the Detroit Red Wings are currently a trash organization?
That's a really stupid take.
If you said front office/ownership, I’m super ok with that. Organization includes fans, community support, etc
Same reason I’d never call Minnesota hockey a trash organization even when the team left.
apologize if that’s semantics to you, just have a hard time using a broad term like that. I hear you and agree with you the front office has continued to be awful, which is mostly just illitch. Theres a reason the fans followed it up later with sell the team chants
Quote: upnorthkidQuote: J22Quote: upnorthkidQuote: J22Quote: upnorthkidLarkin put on non injury IR by Detroit.
just lol from a hockey player to be this weak but bodes better for those like the Wild who want him Detroit isn’t playing him
Weak? Why would anyone risk getting injured for that joke of an organization?
I don’t think the mn wild or really an mn pro hockey fan has any grounds to talk about another organization being a joke given our personal history man
The fact that Minnesota has had bad hockey teams in the past means that I am not allowed to point out that the Detroit Red Wings are currently a trash organization?
That's a really stupid take.
If you said front office/ownership, I’m super ok with that. Organization includes fans, community support, etc
Same reason I’d never call Minnesota hockey a trash organization even when the team left.
apologize if that’s semantics to you, just have a hard time using a broad term like that. I hear you and agree with you the front office has continued to be awful, which is mostly just illitch. Theres a reason the fans followed it up later with sell the team chants
Oh, the fans are absolutely included. Ownership is obviously the major problem but that doesn't give the fanbase a pass to be idiots.
Quote: J22Quote: upnorthkidQuote: J22Quote: upnorthkidQuote: J22Quote: upnorthkidLarkin put on non injury IR by Detroit.
just lol from a hockey player to be this weak but bodes better for those like the Wild who want him Detroit isn’t playing him
Weak? Why would anyone risk getting injured for that joke of an organization?
I don’t think the mn wild or really an mn pro hockey fan has any grounds to talk about another organization being a joke given our personal history man
The fact that Minnesota has had bad hockey teams in the past means that I am not allowed to point out that the Detroit Red Wings are currently a trash organization?
That's a really stupid take.
If you said front office/ownership, I’m super ok with that. Organization includes fans, community support, etc
Same reason I’d never call Minnesota hockey a trash organization even when the team left.
apologize if that’s semantics to you, just have a hard time using a broad term like that. I hear you and agree with you the front office has continued to be awful, which is mostly just illitch. Theres a reason the fans followed it up later with sell the team chants
Oh, the fans are absolutely included. Ownership is obviously the major problem but that doesn't give the fanbase a pass to be idiots.
For booing your former captain who requests a trade with 5 years on his deal? I won’t get into the him folding down the stretch repeatedly in his production, but prior to this the fanbase has been quite graceful to him
delusional yes. Foolish in thinking that team didn’t need a complete tear down yes. But that’s almost every pro sports fanbase
Anyway, doesn’t really matter. Net positive for the Wild in any regard unless it makes Larkin more apt to open his teams he’ll go to (which would not surprise me if this is the Wings hope)
Quote: upnorthkidQuote: J22Quote: upnorthkidQuote: J22Quote: upnorthkidQuote: J22Quote: upnorthkidLarkin put on non injury IR by Detroit.
just lol from a hockey player to be this weak but bodes better for those like the Wild who want him Detroit isn’t playing him
Weak? Why would anyone risk getting injured for that joke of an organization?
I don’t think the mn wild or really an mn pro hockey fan has any grounds to talk about another organization being a joke given our personal history man
The fact that Minnesota has had bad hockey teams in the past means that I am not allowed to point out that the Detroit Red Wings are currently a trash organization?
That's a really stupid take.
If you said front office/ownership, I’m super ok with that. Organization includes fans, community support, etc
Same reason I’d never call Minnesota hockey a trash organization even when the team left.
apologize if that’s semantics to you, just have a hard time using a broad term like that. I hear you and agree with you the front office has continued to be awful, which is mostly just illitch. Theres a reason the fans followed it up later with sell the team chants
Oh, the fans are absolutely included. Ownership is obviously the major problem but that doesn't give the fanbase a pass to be idiots.
For booing your former captain who requests a trade with 5 years on his deal? I won’t get into the him folding down the stretch repeatedly in his production, but prior to this the fanbase has been quite graceful to him
delusional yes. Foolish in thinking that team didn’t need a complete tear down yes. But that’s almost every pro sports fanbase
Anyway, doesn’t really matter. Net positive for the Wild in any regard unless it makes Larkin more apt to open his teams he’ll go to (which would not surprise me if this is the Wings hope)
You are a perfect example of who I am talking about.



