32.5 K Views
frozen4champs
(@frozen4champs)
Mayasich Level Golden
Rep Pts: 12643
Post on old board: 9626
Topic starter  

https://twitter.com/Twins/status/1671177387998838785

I'm 50% factual and 50% sarcastic. When you get to know me, you will know which is which.

Norm
 Norm
(@norm)
Broten Level Golden
Rep Pts: 2004

Ladies and Gentlemen, your first place Minnesota Twins!

The Rube
(@the-rube)
Mariucci Level Golden
Rep Pts: 7742
Post on old board: 35040

Rocco's seat has to be at least getting warm...
I don't know the answer, but I am feeling that the current situation somewhere, somehow, has to change. 

When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the United States you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

Bertogliat
(@bertogliat)
Broten Level Golden
Rep Pts: 3963
Post on old board: 12555

Does anyone know what Buxton feels about how he is being handled?  Does he want to play in the field? I assume an MLB player of his age doesn't want to be limited to DH.  Does he have an injury or are they just saving him from potential injury so he can maintain his incredible hitting streak?  Our new Jim Thome?

Greyeagle
(@greyeagle)
Mayasich Level Moderator Golden
Rep Pts: 10644
Post on old board: 21741

Posted by: @bertogliat

Does anyone know what Buxton feels about how he is being handled?  Does he want to play in the field? I assume an MLB player of his age doesn't want to be limited to DH.  Does he have an injury or are they just saving him from potential injury so he can maintain his incredible hitting streak?  Our new Jim Thome?

Not sure how he feels about his handling but recent news stories indicate he's not able to play in the field due to a knee issue.

https://www.si.com/fannation/bringmethesports/twins/byron-buxton-physically-cant-play-center-field-for-twins

“When your best friend is the son of God, you get tired of losing every argument.”

― Christopher Moore, Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

streakygopher
(@streakygopher)
Broten Level Golden
Rep Pts: 2623
Post on old board: 15478

Posted by: @greyeagle

Posted by: @bertogliat

Not sure how he feels about his handling but recent news stories indicate he's not able to play in the field due to a knee issue.

https://www.si.com/fannation/bringmethesports/twins/byron-buxton-physically-cant-play-center-field-for-twins

I'm having a hard time coming up with an injury that prevents him from playing the outfield but allows him to sprint around and slide into bases. 

camo coat guy
(@camo-coat-guy)
Micheletti Level
Rep Pts: 585

@streakygopher 

Straight from baldelli on the pregame show he said “if he was physically able to play in the outfield he would be “. So yeah what’s the difference physically running in the field or running the bases, especially right out of the batters box and rounding corners? It might be in the twins best interest for the fan bases’ sake to be more transparent about it if there is more to it. There seems to be a lack of leadership when the leadership isn’t saying much of anything about anything. 100 million for 7 years should be incentive to step out and step up. Buxton isn’t the only one. Chemistry and leadership is getting a good test right now and here’s where you see what you got in the clubhouse. Just my opinion 

mnpuckguy
(@mnpuckguy)
Lucia Level
Rep Pts: 75

Starting to lose confidence with Baldelli as a manager.  He is too passive about everything.  This team is playing like a minor league baseball team (Single A).  Baldelli repeatedly makes a lot of poor decisions during the game.  His use of the pitching staff is very questionable.  He runs bullpen guys out there in critical situations that have failed time & time again.   Some of it may fall on Falvey's involvement.  Things need to turn around pretty quickly or the stands are going to be empty by July!!  

gopher6
(@gopher6)
Bonin Level
Rep Pts: 1244
Post on old board: 5547

@mnpuckguy

Manager, GM, and president should all be fired

Aloha!

Slap Shot
(@slap-shot)
Brooks Level Golden
Rep Pts: 7118
Post on old board: 18942

While a new manager IMHO makes sense, they need new everything including team owners that care about creating a winning product.

The Rube
(@the-rube)
Mariucci Level Golden

Getting Correa back bought them time (we're spending money!!!!). But...

When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the United States you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

Greyeagle
(@greyeagle)

How the F can they call the runner out on that play?

“When your best friend is the son of God, you get tired of losing every argument.”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

camo coat guy
(@camo-coat-guy)
Micheletti Level

Hopefully a win they can build some momentum from, would’ve been a devastating loss with the blown call at first for sure. Much better hitting Kepler starting to get something going now and some better vibes and body language on the field all around. They needed that game 

Beauner
(@beauner)
Broten Level Golden
Rep Pts: 3393
Post on old board: 30840

YoungEagle
(@youngeagle)
Leopold Level Golden
Rep Pts: 1759

I cant imagine too many players have hit 2 460ft plus dingers in one game. 

'29, '40, '74, '76, '79, '02, & '03
GPL's Resident Cabin Enthusiast & Cadets Hockey Fan

gopher6
(@gopher6)
Bonin Level

Joe Ryan pitches a complete game 6-0 win ??

Aloha!

gator
(@gator)
Brooks Level Golden
Rep Pts: 5708
Post on old board: 16243

IMG 6051

Posted by: @gopher6

Joe Ryan pitches a complete game 6-0 win ??

Since 2017… and this stat meme was posted over a week ago… 

Keep your stick on the ice...

camo coat guy
(@camo-coat-guy)
Micheletti Level

Contagious baseball, an old yogi once said 90% of the game is half mental. Joe Ryan the bullpen thanks you! That’s big going into Detroit for a weekend rematch 

Beauner
(@beauner)
Broten Level Golden

The plate umpire for tonight's game is putting on a clinic in how to be awful. Good lord.

Greyeagle
(@greyeagle)

Posted by: @beauner

The plate umpire for tonight's game is putting on a clinic in how to be awful. Good lord.

Angel?

camo coat guy
(@camo-coat-guy)
Micheletti Level

@greyeagle 

you’da thought so.

Umpires: HP: Lance Barrett. 1B: Alex MacKay. 2B: Alfonso Marquez. 3B: Ramon De Jesus.

Greyeagle reacted

The Rube
(@the-rube)
Mariucci Level Golden

I love LaVelle E:

LaVelle E. Neal III

@LaVelleNeal

Signature performance by Pagan (ducks) 

Karlsson
(@karlsson)
Brooks Level
Rep Pts: 5211

De Leon injured while warming up. Grabbed at his throwing elbow. 

Beauner
(@beauner)
Broten Level Golden

De Leon with a really ugly injury warming up to come in to pitch in the 9th. Yikes

Karlsson
(@karlsson)
Brooks Level

Losing to the Tigers sure is fun. 

gopher6
(@gopher6)
Bonin Level

They are losing again today 3-2 in the 8th

Aloha!

Greyeagle
(@greyeagle)

Now 6-3 good guys heading to B10

Beauner
(@beauner)
Broten Level Golden

Twins win 6-3 to win the series. Big win there cuz now they travel to Atlanta

The Rube
(@the-rube)
Mariucci Level Golden

Twins are Twinning. And here comes Pagan. JFC. 

The Rube
(@the-rube)
Mariucci Level Golden

Called it, although to be fair, that's saying weather in San Diego is gonna be sunny. 

mnpuckguy
(@mnpuckguy)
Lucia Level

Pagan is worthless!  Can’t be trusted in a close game!

Karlsson
(@karlsson)
Brooks Level

Yeah you could feel that coming a mile away. 

mnpuckguy
(@mnpuckguy)
Lucia Level

Levine, Falvey & Baldelli should all be on the hot seat for putting this pitiful team together. Their everyday lineup is the worst in baseball.  They must average at least 10 strikeouts a game.  Not a very good judge of talent in my opinion!  Who wants to pay these ticket prices to see 10 strikeouts??

camo coat guy
(@camo-coat-guy)
Micheletti Level

“twins have held them down for 2/3rd’s of the game.” Glen Perkins tonight. Yeah I’ve heard that somewhere before

The Rube
(@the-rube)
Mariucci Level Golden

Posted by: @mnpuckguy

Pagan is worthless!  Can’t be trusted in a close game!

Give up the lead late, so BP is in play:

Rocco: effit, put in Pagan, let's rip the band-aid off and get 'er done.

Success in that way. Whee. 

mnpuckguy
(@mnpuckguy)
Lucia Level

This road trip could be the beginning of the end for the Twins.  If they lose 3 to Atlanta & 3 to Baltimore they will never recover!  They have been lucky to be around.500 so far, but that’s coming to an end!!

Karlsson
(@karlsson)
Brooks Level

Was there any doubt in people’s minds that Gallo and Buxton would both strike out to end it? Didn’t think so. 

MikeEruzione11
(@mikeeruzione11)
Brooks Level Golden
Rep Pts: 4473

Terrible team, terrible town, terrible fans, terrible ownership…

Greyeagle
(@greyeagle)

Suboptimal 

Bigbeer
(@bigbeer)
Brooks Level Golden
Rep Pts: 4056
Post on old board: 9428

So glad this is the game we can actually watch. And the only excuse I can see for trotting Kepler out there every day is they hope he has a couple good weeks and they can trade him. 

College Hockey Addict
(@collegehockeyaddict)
Mariucci Level
Rep Pts: 7580

Going into the game Joe Ryan was one of only two qualified pitchers in either league with a WHIP of under 1.

A qualified pitcher means pitching enough innings to qualify for the ERA title which is one inning per team game played so at this point that is about 80 innings since teams are at about 80 games played.

Through two innings tonight 7 hits, 5 home runs. ? 

Pagan has given up 3 home runs all season in 33 1/3 innings.

College Hockey Addict
(@collegehockeyaddict)
Mariucci Level

The sad part is Kepler is a weak hitter and Correa's stats are basically identical.

Batting average 

Kepler .204

Correa .213

On Base %

Kepler .278

Correa .289

Slugging

Kepler .413

Correa .407

OPS

Kepler .691

Correa .695

Karlsson
(@karlsson)
Brooks Level

I say let’s get Ryan his second consecutive complete game. 

College Hockey Addict
(@collegehockeyaddict)
Mariucci Level

Atlanta coming into tonight's game was far in a way the leader in OPS at .833 and after 5 home runs or more tonight their lead will certainly grow.

Tampa Bay is second at .802

The league average is .725

Correa, Taylor, Castro, Kepler, Vazquez, Farmer, Larnach, and Miranda have all been in the line up a lot this season at different points and all have an OPS of under .700

Four of them basically being outfielders (Castro does gets some time in the infield so it's 3.7 to be exact) is an issue. 

Our outfield hitting doesn't stack up well against other teams and when you add in Correa having a down year and Polanco being on the injured list three times already it adds up to 18th in runs scored out of 30 teams.

College Hockey Addict
(@collegehockeyaddict)
Mariucci Level

Over the past 5 seasons the Twins have 2 winning seasons, 2 losing seasons and are currently 500 this season.

Over the past 10 seasons the Twins have 4 winning seasons, 5 losing seasons, and so far 500 this season. 

Slightly below average in payroll slightly below average in results. I guess that is par for the course. The life of a Minnesota sports fan.

Bigbeer
(@bigbeer)
Brooks Level Golden
Rep Pts: 4056
Post on old board: 9428

Is it possible that Buxton might be able to get into a better rhythm if he played in the field instead of just DH? I guess they could maybe put him in for….oh I don’t know….Kepler?

College Hockey Addict
(@collegehockeyaddict)
Mariucci Level

Buxton's knee is such that they need to limit the amount of running he does.

If Wallner would ever quit striking out so much in AAA he would get called up he has some good hitting numbers but has 75 strike outs in 203 at bats so 37% of the time.

If called up to face major league pitching he could very well strike out as much or more than Gallo. I doubt people want to see more strike outs. 

If either Wallner, Larnach or Miranda can get up to the majors Kepler will likely be gone. Regardless he is almost certainly gone after the season.

As a side note I see that Miranda is continuing to play 3B at AAA I am wondering if he will get playing time at 1B and/or the OF since Royce Lewis could very well be on his way to locking up the 3B job for the foreseeable future.

I wonder long term if Kirillof will be more of a 1B or RF. I guess time will tell how the dominoes fall.

Chris83
(@chris83)
Bonin Level Golden
Rep Pts: 1236
Post on old board: 5215

After the loss last night, Twins are 73-89 from the second half of 2022 through the first half of 2023. On the positive side, they still have that stranglehold on the AL Central with a 1/2 game lead over Cleveland.

gopher6
(@gopher6)
Bonin Level

They lead the central and have the 17th best record in MLB

Aloha!

mnpuckguy
(@mnpuckguy)
Lucia Level

They are sinking fast!  They will lose 3 in Baltimore & it will be over for them!!  Can’t keep playing Gallo & Kepler everyday when they are hitting under .200!  They should bring up Larnach & Miranda, let them play everyday & see what they’ve got.  Gallo & Kepler have had their chances & aren’t going to get better.  We know who they are!!! 

Page 13 / 29