@gator more than I can count embarrassing to be around certain people who feel the need to vent and way more times than not during pretty meaningless games in the grand scheme of things. I coached youth baseball and hate parents 😂
When I go to Farmington high school games, I really enjoy standing next to @skiier32 . Even though his son plays for Farmington, he is also an official. And he watches the game from a very neutral stance. Several times other parents will look over ask him about the call. Majority of the time he supports the stripe's call or may understand why they called what they did from their view on the ice.
Though several times in the past years, I just want to tell fans and especially parents to put a cork in it. Last week on Saturday in Notre Dame, I notice Di Pasquo losing his skate blade almost at the moment he lost it, probably before Di Pasquo did. I was on that side of the ice and that side of the net. Di Pasquo stood up and tried to put his foot down, tried again and he realized he lost his blade. I was yelling he lost his blade. Eventually the official looked back and saw Di Pasquo raising his hand and standing on one foot. A few ND fans in my area didn't like the stripes stopping the game and were yelling about it. I was like he lost his blade, what are the stripes suppose to do, let play go on, until ND scores on on a helpless goalie. The ND fan in front of me didn't like any of it and my wife was squeezing my arm, giving me the look... lol!!!
I thought they were supposed to switch goalies until the equipment issue could be fixed.
So in girls hockey class A final will be Warroad vs Breck, I graduated from Golden Valley High school in 1980 I was a member of the last class to graduate from Golden Valley high School. They had 2 offers to take over the location. The Minnesota Vikings could have made it Winter Park and Breck School. Breck offered more money and took over the location.
“When your best friend is the son of God, you get tired of losing every argument.”
― Christopher Moore, Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
when they played hockey they played at Golden Valley Ice Center, very dangerous place to play hockey 3 of the 4 boards around the ice were backed up by cement walls I remember one of my neighbors sliding into to boards feet first he broke both of his legs. They only had 1 penalty box at center ice and if penalties on both teams they had to have them all in the same box.
I am pretty sure Blake played at the GV rink as well as I remember I my brother's Tonka team playing against them there around 1980.
Golden Valley would have scrimmage games of former players once a year at Golden Valley Ice Center it was fun to experience till the arena was torn down and a hotel was established
With Hermantown being knocked out in the semifinals of the section 7 playoffs once this year's Class A tournament is completed Hermantown will have won only one championship in the last 9 years. When you are as small as they are and aren't winning the most championships in the class you are currently at there is no reason to move up a class.
When you are as small as they are and aren't winning the most championships in the class you are currently at there is no reason to move up a class.
Not the point imo. Just because Hermantown isn’t winning State every year isn’t a reason for them not to move up. Hermantown has proven their dominance in Class A. Also, whoever (Cloquet/Hibbing) wins 7A is going to be a huge favorite for Class A. 7A was the most deepest section in the State.
Here's my thought on Hermantown: Regardless of what class they're in, as long as they're not at State and I don't have to hear about or see them for those 4 days, that's a win.
With Hermantown being knocked out in the semifinals of the section 7 playoffs once this year's Class A tournament is completed Hermantown will have won only one championship in the last 9 years. When you are as small as they are and aren't winning the most championships in the class you are currently at there is no reason to move up a class.
2018 Orono
2019 St. Cloud Cathedral
2020 Mahtomedi
2021 Gentry Academy
2022 Hermantown
2023 Mahtomedi
2024 St Cloud Cathedral
2025 East Grand Forks
2026 TBD (wouldn't be Hermantown)
Not sure if this is a serious comment or not? When you have a program like this, in the spirt of competition and wanting to compete at the highest level you should absolutely move up. Not only that, they would have came out of section 7AA many times over the last 20 years.
12 Championship games in 21 years. That is not competitive in anyway shape or form.
@team2tank 💯 The kids getting cheated are the Hermantown PLAYERS. They would have won 7AA many times and got to compete for the true prize in front of 18-19k fans. No Hermantown hockey player has ever experienced that thrill.
Shots 46-21 Rogers. Oof. Pain of 1 and done epitomized
Did Wayzata have Hellebuyck in net?
Wayzata goaltender played great. #16 Eli Molde on Wayzata was the best player on the ice. Rogers controlled the 2nd and 3rd periods heavily, but dug themselves a hole and couldn't get out of it.
I see they are saying the STA/Rosemount game is sold out. The arena seats 4,000.
I wouldn’t be surprised if they didn’t open the club/suite level which would significantly decrease that 4k capacity. I could see them not wanting high school kids up there.
I’ve always liked the cadets student get up, they look like a lot of fun doing their thing which is to me what helps makes the tourney special. Wouldn’t mind seeing them in st.Paul.
“Good pace, a lot of north and south, or it could be east and west, I’m not sure but either way…” Wooger
Pohlad baseball ⚾️ it’s not arrogance, we really are “that good” #”Hey Siri, play “faithfully” by Journey max volume”
I hate to say it but STA should win that one going away.
I’ve seen Rosemount and they get last change tonight with matching their defender to STA’s lines. STA probably is slightly favored, though Rosemount is do to punch their ticket for the Tourney.
Any chance section 1 in either class does anything this year?
“Good pace, a lot of north and south, or it could be east and west, I’m not sure but either way…” Wooger
Pohlad baseball ⚾️ it’s not arrogance, we really are “that good” #”Hey Siri, play “faithfully” by Journey max volume”