Best state championship day in history with these 2 today?
No single game has been better than Apple Valley/Duluth East from back in the day.
Both teams looked gassed in the first OT. We'll see what happens in 2OT.
When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the United States you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.
Ben clymer doesn’t do games like these justice. For as great as this is come on man a little emotion .
“Good pace, a lot of north and south, or it could be east and west, I’m not sure but either way…” Wooger
Pohlad baseball ⚾️ it’s not arrogance, we really are “that good” #”Hey Siri, play “faithfully” by Journey max volume”
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Oh my
“Good pace, a lot of north and south, or it could be east and west, I’m not sure but either way…” Wooger
Pohlad baseball ⚾️ it’s not arrogance, we really are “that good” #”Hey Siri, play “faithfully” by Journey max volume”
Ho. Lee. Shit.
When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the United States you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.
That’s a tonka heartbreaker geezus they had it.
“Good pace, a lot of north and south, or it could be east and west, I’m not sure but either way…” Wooger
Pohlad baseball ⚾️ it’s not arrogance, we really are “that good” #”Hey Siri, play “faithfully” by Journey max volume”
That letdown....I can't even imagine.
When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the United States you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.
Hate to see my alma matter lose, but at least it was a hell of a game and to an opponent I don't hate.
That’s a ❤️ breaker for Skippers up 4-1 in 3rd. But that’s HOCKEY, it’s never over until it’s over. Incredible game by both teams! Congrats to the Spuds going back-to-back, last time that was done was 13-14.
Anyone who thought the game was over at the start of the 3rd was silly. Congrats to the Spuds! Heck of a job staying focused and coming back. Joey Cullen if you see this, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE
I see social media is having issues with Hibbing and Minnetonka, especially Hibbing players taking off their 2nd place medals.
Meant to share this picture Wednesday evening on one of Delano’s goals. All 3 Halonen’s in on the goal.
Reminds me and I shared it before. I remember a high school team down the road from mine that started 5 players (brothers & cousins) with the same last name on the basketball team.
Seeing @hockeybum posts in the hockey officiating, made me think of how well of a State Tourney the Stripes officiated. From my perspective the stripes did a good job. Too often fans want phantom calls. And yes, the stripes let calls go at the Tourney that they wouldn’t in the regular season or even sections. And I’m fine with it, as long as it’s consistent.
#20 from Moorhead will never need to buy a beer at Mick’s office in his life. Ever.
“When your best friend is the son of God, you get tired of losing every argument.”
― Christopher Moore, Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I thought it was over after the first but mainly because I thought Tonka would keep running away with it and Spuds goalie looked terrible. Happy for him though, he kept his head and kept at it.Anyone who thought the game was over at the start of the 3rd was silly. Congrats to the Spuds! Heck of a job staying focused and coming back. Joey Cullen if you see this, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE
The Moorhead goalie is the story.
Could not have stopped me in the first but pretty much slammed the door after that.
“When your best friend is the son of God, you get tired of losing every argument.”
― Christopher Moore, Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Not to mention Jerdee would love to have the OT goal back
The Hockey Hair Team
https://twitter.com/PulltabSports/status/2030530953076969746
Looking down from my High Horse
Morality Police
Absolute heartbreak for the tonka community this year, losing both the squirt international and HS championship games. Congrats to a resilient Spuds team that never gave up.
https://twitter.com/hlrule/status/2030513040102203623?s=46&t=0KFTpzlvGvQO6weRJohPMg
I personally don’t mind taking the 2nd place off. To me it doesn’t scream arrogance or pouty like some people think it does. But not meeting with the press is both of those things and more. That is very dissapointing.
Coaches, maybe. The players? Nah give em a break. They’re kids.
Also, something my kids have taught me: If you’re going to give them a choice you better be okay with the choice they make. 😂
https://twitter.com/hlrule/status/2030513040102203623?s=46&t=0KFTpzlvGvQO6weRJohPMg
I personally don’t mind taking the 2nd place off. To me it doesn’t scream arrogance or pouty like some people think it does. But not meeting with the press is both of those things and more. That is very dissapointing.
Taking off the 2nd place medals sets a terrible example for the thousands of youth players watching across the state. I really hope that doesn’t become the new thing every year, bad look for those players. Regarding skipping (pun intended?) the press conference I would blame the coach, not the players.
https://twitter.com/hlrule/status/2030513040102203623?s=46&t=0KFTpzlvGvQO6weRJohPMg
I personally don’t mind taking the 2nd place off. To me it doesn’t scream arrogance or pouty like some people think it does. But not meeting with the press is both of those things and more. That is very dissapointing.
Taking off the 2nd place medals sets a terrible example for the thousands of youth players watching across the state. I really hope that doesn’t become the new thing every year, bad look for those players. Regarding skipping (pun intended?) the press conference I would blame the coach, not the players.
I can see where you and everyone comes from regarding taking them off, I just don’t think taking them off after losing like that in OT is bad. My opinion can be wrong, it often is haha. That’s just what I think. And correct, that is on the coaches. But that is disappointing
They now do press conferences for the losing team?
The kids taking off their medals and pouting about it shows a lack of maturity. That really shouldn't be anything to get all worked up about considering they're 15-18 year old immature boys. The coaches ditching the media after the game shows a severe lack of character and integrity. That should be something to get worked up about because those are the exact qualities that you pay high school coaches to instill into 15-18 year old immature boys. That's a really bad look. Especially after you choked away a state championship.
Personally, I don’t really care what the skippers had to say after the loss (nor any losing team tbh). I don’t see why we do this at any level other than to try get a good sound bite. See it all the time at the college level you’re just throwing gutted players and coaches out there and it’s just sad. Give me the interview like the kid from Warroad talking about his dad and family and how much this meant, I’ll pass on the kid (and coach) seeing their dreams crushed
on the medals thing, people get annoyed about giving out participation medals and trophies and then also get bent out of shape taking off a second place medal. Feels like so many other things to focus on
Kinger builds this video each year using iMovie.
The Hockey Hair Team
https://twitter.com/PulltabSports/status/2030530953076969746
Do not like how this board is run?
Get your own board!
♃
on the medals thing, people get annoyed about giving out participation medals and trophies and then also get bent out of shape taking off a second place medal. Feels like so many other things to focus on
Taking off their 2nd place medals and participating medals/trophies and two different things, but just me.
Most players from both 2nd place teams took off their medals shortly after getting them and in the heat of the moment it's easy for me to understand. Not only lost in OT but giving up 2-3 goal leads late in the game to force OT had to make it even more painful.
I loved the Minnetonka goalie's mask, the map of the lake and its bays on the back was fantastic.
“When your best friend is the son of God, you get tired of losing every argument.”
― Christopher Moore, Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Moorhead's Tyden Bergeson named Mr. Hockey.
Hermantown's Bryce Francisco wins Frank Brimsek Award.
Moorhead's Brandon Mickelson is Reed Larson Award winner.
Is Michelson being recruited by anyone? I could not find anything after a quick search and was really impressed with the potential of his game. Presume he's heading to Jrs.
“When your best friend is the son of God, you get tired of losing every argument.”
― Christopher Moore, Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Players losing in State tournament championship games taking off their silver medals dates back (at least) a full decade & while it shows a bit of immaturity in the heat of the moment, it’s not a Big Deal. Interviewing players from the losing team is just plain stupid & I really don’t care what the coaches have to say in defeat either. That said, it was a fabulous day of hockey, both title games were instant classics!Most players from both 2nd place teams took off their medals shortly after getting them and in the heat of the moment it's easy for me to understand. Not only lost in OT but giving up 2-3 goal leads late in the game to force OT had to make it even more painful.
I loved the Minnetonka goalie's mask, the map of the lake and its bays on the back was fantastic.
At least they didn’t give them a stuffed animal to go along with the 2nd place medal.
So once again another Mr.Hockey in Minnesota high school winner will not be going to the Gophers
https://www.startribune.com/moorheads-tyden-bergeson-is-named-minnesotas-mr-hockey/601593469
Aloha!
So once again another Mr.Hockey in Minnesota high school winner will not be going to the Gophers
https://www.startribune.com/moorheads-tyden-bergeson-is-named-minnesotas-mr-hockey/601593469
unless Rabs becomes our next coach
So once again another Mr.Hockey in Minnesota high school winner will not be going to the Gophers
https://www.startribune.com/moorheads-tyden-bergeson-is-named-minnesotas-mr-hockey/601593469
unless Rabs becomes our next coach
this. and would be interesting to see what happened with the rest of the Moorhead connected crew if that happened given it’s pretty clear Rabs is going to be well known in that area
The Hockey Hair Team
https://twitter.com/PulltabSports/status/2030530953076969746
I get a kick out of people that say the hair thing has run its course - including Reusse - a guy that has ironically been running his all Turkey thing for 30-some years.
To each their own - for me the best thing about the video isn't even the hair it's Kinger's commentary. The puns never get old.
The Hockey Hair Team
https://twitter.com/PulltabSports/status/2030530953076969746
I get a kick out of people that say the hair thing has run its course - including Reusse - a guy that has ironically been running his all Turkey thing for 30-some years.
To each their own - for me the best thing about the video isn't even the hair it's Kinger's commentary. The puns never get old.
the hockey hair videos are a national treasure and always will be
Skippers coach Goldsworthy getting absolutely torched on KFAN bumper to bumper right now.
That kid from Delano with the bengal design was very cool. Well done young man!😁
“Good pace, a lot of north and south, or it could be east and west, I’m not sure but either way…” Wooger
Pohlad baseball ⚾️ it’s not arrogance, we really are “that good” #”Hey Siri, play “faithfully” by Journey max volume”
Skippers coach Goldsworthy getting absolutely torched on KFAN bumper to bumper right now.
lol you still listen to Barreiro?
---
Of the top teams to make or not make state, which ones return the most talent for next season?
Congratulations to the following State Champions in Boys Hockey:
Bantam AA: Prior Lake/Savage (W 3-1 over Moorhead)
Bantam A: Warroad (W 7-2 over Thief River Falls)
Bantam B: Minnetonka Blue (W 1-0 over Prior Lake/Savage)
Peewee AA: Osseo/Maple Grove (W 1-0 over Minnetonka)
Peewee A: Northfield (W 7-6 over Cloquet)
Peewee B: Cloquet (W5-4 over Osseo/Maple Grove Black)
Junior Gold A: Osseo/Maple Grove (W 3-2 over Farmington)
Junior Gold B: Moorhead (W 5-4 over STMA)
Junior Gold 16: Blaine (W 4-3 over Hill-Murray)
Mankato Hockey had their best post season finish at any level in their history by placing third at the Bantam A tournament. They faced Warroad in the semi's and lost 7-2 but then beat their season long nemesis Northfield 3-0 for third. Mankato was 0-2-1 in their last three games vs. Northfield so they came up big in the end.
I am the official Iowa Hawkeye football fan of GPL!
Congratulations to the following State Champions in Girls Hockey:
15UA: Edina Green (W 4-0 over Osseo/Maple Grove)
15UB: Rochester (W 2-1 over Brainerd/Little Falls)
12UA: Osseo/Maple Grove (W 3-1 over Warroad)
12UB: Hutchinson (W 3-2 over Wayzata Gold)
19U: Flames (w 1-0 over the Stars)
A cold, wet, gloomy day type of question…
Would you rather take 4th place at State or win the Consolation Championship at State?!?!?!
I would agree… that semifinal Friday session is what I feel can is the best session. Playing at the ‘X’ is big.
I don’t recall for sure, I think 4th place get a trophy, but no medals. And I think Consolation gets a trophy and medals.



