(@mikeeruzione11)
Brooks Level Golden
Rep Pts: 4803

Posted by: @idontknow

Posted by: @mikeeruzione11

Posted by: @idontknow

Posted by: @eric-vegoe

Posted by: @mikeeruzione11

Any favorite bars/restaurants for Gopher fans in St. Cloud? Quick google search shows Howie's and Shooters are both very close nearby. 

Val's is the stop for food early enough, MC Dugout is also a must for a Hairy Buffalo and Red Carpet for post game entertainment... 

I've heard about Val's but haven't tried it yet. Someday, someday...

If you haven't been to 7 West Taphouse (St. Cloud or Duluth) they have great burgers and fries (and tons of beers).  Worth a try.

Thanks for the info! Planning on trying out 7 West Taphouse before the game.

So what did you think?  I ended up there myself as MCs was too crowded.

I was happy with it! Good food and good atmosphere. 

Idontknow reacted
gator
(@gator)
Brooks Level Golden
Rep Pts: 5915
Post on old board: 16243

My wife and I had dinner prior to the game at Boulder Tap House. We were told there was going to be a wait for a table and once you order your food a wait. A big group of a youth basketball team and parents came just before us. We said “no prob” and had a friendly conversation with the mgr. They’re was a group of around 8 adults being rude to the manager on how the wait time was. The Oompa Loompa of the group had the biggest mouth. Anyways we got our table and even our food before our estimated wait time. The food was excellent and the service was even better. 

Keep your stick on the ice...

maroon and gold
(@maroon_and_gold)
Mariucci Level
Rep Pts: 7869

Students clearly weren’t on campus yet. Too bad

streakygopher
(@streakygopher)
Broten Level Golden
Rep Pts: 2667
Post on old board: 15478

Posted by: @maroon_and_gold

Yeah the band looked depleted as well. They didn't march around the concourse before the game and sounded a bit like the Mayberry Band a couple times.

gator
(@gator)
Brooks Level Golden

Posted by: @streakygopher

Yeah the band looked depleted as well. They didn't march around the concourse before the game and sounded a bit like the Mayberry Band a couple times.

Probably some of them taking as much of a break as possible. I assume they didn't get much of a break prior with the football team's bowl game. 

maroon and gold
(@maroon_and_gold)
Mariucci Level
Rep Pts: 7869

Posted by: @gator

Probably some of them taking as much of a break as possible. I assume they didn't get much of a break prior with the football team's bowl game. 

As they should. Need everyone back in full force for a big series with Michigan!

gator reacted
OkComputer
(@okcomputer)
Lucia Level
Rep Pts: 40

I probably missed this mentioned somewhere else, but does this count as a W for PWR? I thought 3v3 overtime did not, but I see USCHO and CHN both counted this as a W in their pairwise.

The Rube
(@the-rube)
Mariucci Level Golden
Rep Pts: 8237
Post on old board: 35040

IIRC, it's a 66% win or something odd...

When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the United States you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

Jupiter ♃
(@jupiter)
Brooks Level Admin
Rep Pts: 5552
Post on old board: 15786

The Cooley winner from the press box.

Do not like how this board is run?
Get your own board!

Snowcool08
(@snowcool08)
Bonin Level Golden
Rep Pts: 1224
Post on old board: 6069

St. Cloud played a boring brand of hockey this weekend.  If they lost the puck in the offensive zone, they made no effort to try and get it back.  Just retreated and waited.  Lucky to get the scoring chance they had today.  I'm sure it was by design to try and limit our offense, but it came at the expense of their offense.  Shame we couldn't beat them in regulation today.

upnorthkid
(@upnorthkid)
Broten Level
Rep Pts: 2517

Posted by: @okcomputer

I probably missed this mentioned somewhere else, but does this count as a W for PWR? I thought 3v3 overtime did not, but I see USCHO and CHN both counted this as a W in their pairwise.

in the direct comp with cloud, yeah we appear as 1-1

upnorthkid
(@upnorthkid)
Broten Level
Rep Pts: 2517

Posted by: @jupiter

The Cooley winner from the press box.

This is a hell of a play from Faber. Breaks it up, starts the rush, and crashes the net to give Cooley the space. Massive to dig deep and get there from him as well

Cowgirl
(@cowgirl)
Mariucci Level Golden
Rep Pts: 7691
Post on old board: 10120

Thanks for sharing @jupiter! So fun to see the highlight with just the crowd noise and no announcers. 

Idontknow
(@idontknow)
Bonin Level Golden
Rep Pts: 1180

Yep they don't start back up til after MLK day.

Idontknow
(@idontknow)
Bonin Level Golden
Rep Pts: 1180

Posted by: @gator

My wife and I had dinner prior to the game at Boulder Tap House. We were told there was going to be a wait for a table and once you order your food a wait. A big group of a youth basketball team and parents came just before us. We said “no prob” and had a friendly conversation with the mgr. They’re was a group of around 8 adults being rude to the manager on how the wait time was. The Oompa Loompa of the group had the biggest mouth. Anyways we got our table and even our food before our estimated wait time. The food was excellent and the service was even better. 

We (a youth soccer team) ended up there this summer during a rain delay during a tournament.  They were just slammed with other teams doing the same thing.  Service was slow, but understandable as they didn't have the staffing prepared for such a rush of people.  I remember the food being decent.

Snowcool08
(@snowcool08)
Bonin Level Golden
Rep Pts: 1224
Post on old board: 6069

I know Bob said some players had food poisoning. I think Knies had to be one of them. He was exhausted in the second period yesterday. Him and Snuggy had one good rush in them each shift. That was about it. Snuggy I assume was tired from all the hockey the last few weeks and not the food. 

Karlsson
(@karlsson)
Brooks Level
Rep Pts: 5506

Could have been food poisoning of course. But, I also think there’s something going around. Kept the family we were going to be doing New Year’s with home, my niece and then my sister got one a few days later, Wild goalie Gustavsson nailed by something late last week…

Hearing about a lot of people having issues lately.

Jupiter ♃
(@jupiter)
Brooks Level Admin

Here is the part of the post game video where he talked about the food poisoning... Laugh  

Get your own board!

Greyeagle reacted
Greyeagle
(@greyeagle)
Mayasich Level Moderator Golden
Rep Pts: 11260
Post on old board: 21741

Here is the part of the post game video where he talked about the food poisoning... Laugh  

Ha!

Gene Wilder That Goes Without Saying GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

As Bob began to understand what he said your laugh was fantastic....

“When your best friend is the son of God, you get tired of losing every argument.”

― Christopher Moore, Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Doc Holliday
(@doc-holliday)
Lucia Level
Rep Pts: 128

From SueSports......don't ever change!
  15 hours ago, brianvf said:

UMN beats SCSU 2-1 in OT

Second year in a row, where the gopher guy who committed an uncalled penalty against St. Cloud in overtime, scored the game winner on the same shift.

Rau4SkiUMah reacted
Greyeagle
(@greyeagle)

Posted by: @doc-holliday

UMN beats SCSU 2-1 in OT

Second year in a row, where the gopher guy who committed an uncalled penalty against St. Cloud in overtime, scored the game winner on the same shift.

Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life.  Last year if a penalty had been called it would have been on McLaughlin & Sammy Walker scored the goal.

The green pukes have never been worried about accuracy, especially when it deviates from the desired narrative. 

“When your best friend is the son of God, you get tired of losing every argument.”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

streakygopher
(@streakygopher)
Broten Level Golden

UMN beats SCSU 2-1 in OT

If he's talking about Cooley shoving down the SCSU player, that was no infraction at all. There was nothing illegal about it. It's nice to know that our friends from the West are keeping tabs on the best team in the country.  

HandyNotDan reacted
Hammy
(@hammy)
Micheletti Level
Rep Pts: 709
Post on old board: 14946

Obviously very different circumstances but the Cooley OT goal reminded me a little of Vanek's cutback across the middle of the ice, make the defender commit, and then patiently out-waiting the goalie before shooting and scoring back in the 2003 title game.

Of course, Vanek went from left to right and Cooley went right to left... same type of play though.

Greyeagle reacted
Rau4SkiUMah
(@rau4skiumah)
Broten Level
Rep Pts: 2457

UMN beats SCSU 2-1 in OT

If he's talking about Cooley shoving down the SCSU player, that was no infraction at all. There was nothing illegal about it. It's nice to know that our friends from the West are keeping tabs on the best team in the country.  

Well they won’t have a whole lot going on in March or April so they might as well watch a team that actually has a decent chance at winning something this year. 

Cowgirl
(@cowgirl)
Mariucci Level Golden
Rep Pts: 7691
Post on old board: 10120

That was hysterical!  They blew through it! 
And nice pause on Cooley smiling.  Still don’t see that very often. 😉

frozen4champs
(@frozen4champs)
Mayasich Level Golden
Rep Pts: 13211
Post on old board: 9626
Topic starter  

@Jupiter with some awesome behind the scenes video from Sunday's game on twitter. The video of the team preparing to go on the ice before the game is really cool. How lucky are we to have Jup have that kind of access and that he shares it with us.

I'm 50% factual and 50% sarcastic. When you get to know me, you will know which is which.

Rau4SkiUMah reacted
Kelly Red
(@kelly-red)
Broten Level Golden
Rep Pts: 2373

So I get the depleted student section but boy, there sure were a lot of empty seats for a touted completely SO game?  I saw tons of whole empty areas, not just single or duo seats.  

Note: Due to inflation dirty deeds will no longer be done dirt cheap.

gator
(@gator)
Brooks Level Golden

UMN beats SCSU 2-1 in OT

UND fans have always been obsessed with the Gophers. Too worry about and be more concerned about another team than your own is a mental health problem.  It's fine the banter about your rival and have fun at their expense. Though to obsess?!?!?! Plus UND fan hockey IQ is at a Jalen Ramsey level. I'm not to concern when their fans start to chirp about the play and the rules.

Jupiter ♃
(@jupiter)
Brooks Level Admin

Posted by: @frozen4champs

@Jupiter with some awesome behind the scenes video from Sunday's game on twitter. The video of the team preparing to go on the ice before the game is really cool. How lucky are we to have Jup have that kind of access and that he shares it with us.

Thanks!

I am trying to do some different stuff this season. Some things I am only putting on Instagram. That video of them hitting the ice was up on that account pretty quick. So give it a follow! (See site footer)

I would like to get that video again when I am shooting in the box for the 1st period. I let the U videographer run all the way to the ice. But I think I can convince him to let me go all the way to the ice one of these times.

I do like getting the behind the scenes stuff for all the old players stuff too. The only problem is that the language can get a bit salty. Same with the current players.

Get your own board!

MikeEruzione11, Slap Shot, frozen4champs and 1 people reacted
Rau4SkiUMah
(@rau4skiumah)
Broten Level

Loved Jup’s video of behind the scenes for the 2002/03 teams and the alumni walking back down the tunnel, running into the current players and you can hear a lot of the alumni wishing the players good luck and hyping them up. Pretty cool! 

Bertogliat
(@bertogliat)
Brooks Level Golden
Rep Pts: 4458
Post on old board: 12555

On Twitter, Jup pointed out that Faber made a great play in the D zone to get the puck and then raced down the ice and sprayed the Husky goalie with snow just before Cooley shot the GWG.  I didn't notice that live and it was brilliant!  Even if it didn't factor into the play, I loved all of it.

Bertogliat
(@bertogliat)
Brooks Level Golden
Rep Pts: 4458
Post on old board: 12555

Posted by: @hammy

Obviously very different circumstances but the Cooley OT goal reminded me a little of Vanek's cutback across the middle of the ice, make the defender commit, and then patiently out-waiting the goalie before shooting and scoring back in the 2003 title game.

Of course, Vanek went from left to right and Cooley went right to left... same type of play though.

Was it Snuggerud that had an almost identical play earlier in the game but waited too long and ended up shooting the puck backward through the crease?

Rau4SkiUMah
(@rau4skiumah)
Broten Level

Posted by: @bertogliat

Was it Snuggerud that had an almost identical play earlier in the game but waited too long and ended up shooting the puck backward through the crease?

I think it was actually Knies. 

Slap Shot
(@slap-shot)
Mariucci Level Golden
Rep Pts: 7800
Post on old board: 18942

nm found it

MikeEruzione11
(@mikeeruzione11)
Brooks Level Golden

Posted by: @rau4skiumah

Posted by: @bertogliat

I think it was actually Knies. 

Yes it was Knies, it was almost uncanny how similar the two plays were to each other.

Hammy reacted

Sunbone
(@sunbone)
Wooger Level Golden
Rep Pts: 244
Post on old board: 8761

I had two different friends text me the same comparison. 

Rau4SkiUMah
(@rau4skiumah)
Broten Level

Someone else mentioned it already, but I was really impressed with Chesley this weekend. Especially last night. Looked really poised and calm. But didn’t force anything. Absolutely nothing fazed him. Continues to play with grit and passion. He had a shot Saturday night in St Cloud that I would have loved to have seen gone in. It was an absolute missile. 

frozen4champs
(@frozen4champs)
Mayasich Level Golden
Topic starter  

Posted by: @cowgirl

Nice ceremony between periods to honor the ‘02 and ‘03 championship teams.   Hope we get to do it for real in a few months! 

I had forgotten about it. Luckily I got back to my seat in time for this. Also, I thought I saw tDon doing the rouser with the fans after the ceremony ended. ( From our seats the angle wasn't good and far away) He was standing back by Bob and I thought it was him. I know he has loosened up since he left, but that was unexpected.

I'm 50% factual and 50% sarcastic. When you get to know me, you will know which is which.

Jupiter ♃
(@jupiter)
Brooks Level Admin

Posted by: @frozen4champs

I had forgotten about it. Luckily I got back to my seat in time for this. Also, I thought I saw tDon doing the rouser with the fans after the ceremony ended. ( From our seats the angle wasn't good and far away) He was standing back by Bob and I thought it was him. I know he has loosened up since he left, but that was unexpected.

From what I have been told... He is a completely different person these days. Take all the stress away and his personality is a 180 from what it used to be.

Get your own board!

MikeEruzione11
(@mikeeruzione11)
Brooks Level Golden

Someone else mentioned it already, but I was really impressed with Chesley this weekend. Especially last night. Looked really poised and calm. But didn’t force anything. Absolutely nothing fazed him. Continues to play with grit and passion. He had a shot Saturday night in St Cloud that I would have loved to have seen gone in. It was an absolute missile. 

Well said.. Chesley had a very good weekend. I think I underrated his skating ability, he is very very smooth.

Rau4SkiUMah reacted
Norm
 Norm
(@norm)
Broten Level Golden
Rep Pts: 2109

Faber is definitely getting more involved offensively lately. 

Rau4SkiUMah
(@rau4skiumah)
Broten Level

Man, St Cloud is really milking the fact that they won more of the share of the pairwise points this past weekend. Nvm the fact that the Gophers are still #1. I guess I shouldn’t be surprised as this is coming from the school that hangs NCAA tournament participation banners. 

frozen4champs
(@frozen4champs)
Mayasich Level Golden
Topic starter  

Man, St Cloud is really milking the fact that they won more of the share of the pairwise points this past weekend. Nvm the fact that the Gophers are still #1. I guess I shouldn’t be surprised as this is coming from the school that hangs NCAA tournament participation banners. 

https://twitter.com/badeutsch/status/1612921830993711110

Rau4SkiUMah
(@rau4skiumah)
Broten Level

Ok, I give up, what is the connection between SCSU and the Brady Bunch? I’ve played along for years too embarrassed to ask but I can’t be in the dark any longer. Please be kind and remember that I was born 21 years after the final episode and I didn’t get really involved in watching Gopher hockey until a little over nine years ago lol. 

Greyeagle reacted
streakygopher
(@streakygopher)
Broten Level Golden

Ok, I give up, what is the connection between SCSU and the Brady Bunch? I’ve played along for years too embarrassed to ask but I can’t be in the dark any longer. Please be kind and remember that I was born 21 years after the final episode and I didn’t get really involved in watching Gopher hockey until a little over nine years ago lol. 

In all but maybe one episode of the Brady bunch, Jan was always bested by her older, prettier, and more accomplished big sis, Marsha

Rau4SkiUMah and Steve MN reacted
Greyeagle
(@greyeagle)

Think Gophers, Gophers, Gophers!

the brady bunch marcia marcia marcia GIF

Rau4SkiUMah and Steve MN reacted
Steve MN
(@steve-mn)
Brooks Level Golden
Rep Pts: 5013
Post on old board: 10695

The other thing I'd like a real answer on is where in the PWR does it count for the .67/.33 break?  Both USCHO and CHN have the "Head to Head" component at 1-1, so I'm thinking that the .67 only counts in the RPI calculation, but it could just be that neither have updated their logic.

B1G refs... corrupt, or just incompetent?

Karlsson reacted
Rau4SkiUMah
(@rau4skiumah)
Broten Level

Haha alright, now it all makes sense. Thank you for the education. 

Greyeagle reacted
Karlsson
(@karlsson)
Brooks Level
Rep Pts: 5506

This is why you’ll sometimes hear a few refer to Mankato as Cindy as well, although I’m kind of partial to cousin Oliver. 

Rau4SkiUMah reacted

Page 5 / 5