Gophers 2024 off se...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Registered/Logged In users will not see this ad


[Closed] Gophers 2024 off season

1,461 Posts
109 Users
878 Reactions
84.7 K Views
maroon and gold
(@maroon_and_gold)
Mayasich Level
Joined: 9 years ago
Posts: 4395
Rep Pts: 12998
 

Rinzel and Thomas number switched make sense cause they’re both what they wore in high school but man it always sucks when you gotta retrain your brain to associate a new number with a player😂


 
Posted : Thu. Sep 12, 2024 1:47 pm
Rau4SkiUMah reacted
Bertogliat
(@bertogliat)
Brooks Level Golden
Joined: 23 years ago
Posts: 2393
Rep Pts: 5179
Post on old board: 12555
 

I have zero interest in a Gopher Jersey that has a Goldy Logo on the front.  It should be a block M or the script "Gophers" and nothing else.


 
Posted : Thu. Sep 12, 2024 4:44 pm
GopherPete reacted
Bertogliat
(@bertogliat)
Brooks Level Golden
Joined: 23 years ago
Posts: 2393
Rep Pts: 5179
Post on old board: 12555
 

Posted by: @maroon_and_gold
↑

Rinzel and Thomas number switched make sense cause they’re both what they wore in high school but man it always sucks when you gotta retrain your brain to associate a new number with a player😂

Wait until you're old and have to do that with every player every year.  🤣 

 


 
Posted : Thu. Sep 12, 2024 4:44 pm
Greyeagle reacted
Slap Shot
(@slap-shot)
Mayasich Level Golden
Joined: 21 years ago
Posts: 4548
Rep Pts: 11442
Post on old board: 18942
 

Posted by: @bertogliat
↑

I have zero interest in a Gopher Jersey that has a Goldy Logo on the front.  It should be a block M or the script "Gophers" and nothing else.

Hey man we're just here to water your lawn.

 


 
Posted : Thu. Sep 12, 2024 5:13 pm
upnorthkid
(@upnorthkid)
Mayasich Level Golden
Joined: 11 years ago
Posts: 4020
Rep Pts: 12311
 

Posted by: @bertogliat
↑

I have zero interest in a Gopher Jersey that has a Goldy Logo on the front.  It should be a block M or the script "Gophers" and nothing else.

i'll take yours when the school donates a bunch of them to we faithful GPL followers. 

 


 
Posted : Thu. Sep 12, 2024 5:38 pm
HandyNotDan reacted
MG since forever
(@mg-since-forever)
Micheletti Level
Joined: 3 years ago
Posts: 171
Rep Pts: 641
 

@upnorthkid 

Yeah I guess I am a get off my lawn too since I do NOT care for the skating goldie as a logo.  Big M, gophers, the old tough looking gopher, just about anything else.  I wouldn't buy it but not trying to rain on the parade of buyers.  On a hockey note, now are we feeling about filling the big holes (size and leadership) of Nelson and Brodzinski?  A dynamic duo for the past couple years and Nelson pretty much carried the team through the playoff run.  Do we have that guy this year? Can Snuggy do that?


 
Posted : Thu. Sep 12, 2024 10:07 pm
trixR4kids
(@trixr4kids)
Brooks Level
Joined: 18 years ago
Posts: 2044
Rep Pts: 6154
Post on old board: 15139
 

I assume that’s why Wood is coming in, to replace Nelson’s production and position on the depth chart.


 
Posted : Fri. Sep 13, 2024 12:26 am
BoninTheBear
(@boninthebear)
Bonin Level
Joined: 4 years ago
Posts: 406
Rep Pts: 1395
 

Posted by: @mg-since-forever
↑

@upnorthkid 

Yeah I guess I am a get off my lawn too since I do NOT care for the skating goldie as a logo.  Big M, gophers, the old tough looking gopher, just about anything else.  I wouldn't buy it but not trying to rain on the parade of buyers.  On a hockey note, now are we feeling about filling the big holes (size and leadership) of Nelson and Brodzinski?  A dynamic duo for the past couple years and Nelson pretty much carried the team through the playoff run.  Do we have that guy this year? Can Snuggy do that?

I think the team will have success for different reasons than replacing Nelson, Brodz, Pitlick.

They will have more production from the bottom 6, and a better Power Play.

 


 
Posted : Fri. Sep 13, 2024 12:42 am
maroon and gold
(@maroon_and_gold)
Mayasich Level
Joined: 9 years ago
Posts: 4395
Rep Pts: 12998
 

Posted by: @trixr4kids
↑

I assume that’s why Wood is coming in, to replace Nelson’s production and position on the depth chart.

Wood likely plays wing this year, but I suppose it’s not out of the question if he’s good at draws.

 


 
Posted : Fri. Sep 13, 2024 6:12 am
Bertogliat
(@bertogliat)
Brooks Level Golden
Joined: 23 years ago
Posts: 2393
Rep Pts: 5179
Post on old board: 12555
 

Posted by: @maroon_and_gold
↑

Posted by: @trixr4kids
↑

I assume that’s why Wood is coming in, to replace Nelson’s production and position on the depth chart.

Wood likely plays wing this year, but I suppose it’s not out of the question if he’s good at draws.

 

He didn't play much center last year.  The UConn website shows he won 37/99 faceoffs last season (37% win).

 


 
Posted : Fri. Sep 13, 2024 8:28 am
Jankwi01
(@jankwi01)
Wooger Level
Joined: 2 years ago
Posts: 336
Rep Pts: 435
 

@maroon_and_gold 

I don't think he is good at draws. Believe he was under 30%


 
Posted : Fri. Sep 13, 2024 10:25 am
upnorthkid
(@upnorthkid)
Mayasich Level Golden
Joined: 11 years ago
Posts: 4020
Rep Pts: 12311
 

Posted by: @boninthebear
↑

Posted by: @mg-since-forever
↑

@upnorthkid 

Yeah I guess I am a get off my lawn too since I do NOT care for the skating goldie as a logo.  Big M, gophers, the old tough looking gopher, just about anything else.  I wouldn't buy it but not trying to rain on the parade of buyers.  On a hockey note, now are we feeling about filling the big holes (size and leadership) of Nelson and Brodzinski?  A dynamic duo for the past couple years and Nelson pretty much carried the team through the playoff run.  Do we have that guy this year? Can Snuggy do that?

I think the team will have success for different reasons than replacing Nelson, Brodz, Pitlick.

They will have more production from the bottom 6, and a better Power Play.

 

Id also add being better defensively (the whole d core is back) and a little more dynamic off the rush across multiple lines. Theres a reason Bob is high on this group

 


 
Posted : Fri. Sep 13, 2024 12:59 pm



trixR4kids
(@trixr4kids)
Brooks Level
Joined: 18 years ago
Posts: 2044
Rep Pts: 6154
Post on old board: 15139
 

Agreed, I feel like gopher dmen are typically at their best in year 3. 

Idk the center depth of the team because idk what positions the new guys play but assuming that’s not an issue the team should be fine. Didn’t realize wood was a winger but I’m sure he’ll be fine whatever position he plays. Curious to see if Moore improves in playmaking ability. 


 
Posted : Fri. Sep 13, 2024 2:36 pm
frozen 4 champs
(@frozen4champs)
Mayasich Level Golden
Joined: 22 years ago
Posts: 6389
Rep Pts: 17950
Post on old board: 9626
Topic starter
 

A funny note from the story-- 

Telling his father was a bit more of a challenge, Gruba joked. Tony’s college arch-rivals wore that Gopher ‘M’ and Minnesota ended the elder Gruba’s college career in 1994, beating SCSU in overtime of the WCHA playoff title game in Milwaukee. Leo recalled, with a smile, that as a youth hockey player he was instructed to switch from number 4 to number 5, because Tony felt that yelling “Go Four!” sounded too much like “Gopher!”

https://twitter.com/TheRinkLive/status/1835317670427672793


Looking down from my High Horse
Morality Police

 
Posted : Sun. Sep 15, 2024 10:07 am
maroon and gold
(@maroon_and_gold)
Mayasich Level
Joined: 9 years ago
Posts: 4395
Rep Pts: 12998
 

A couple of predictions/takes for the upcoming season:

- Snuggerud will be the first Gopher to score 30 goals in a season since Ryan Potulny scored 38 in 2005-06

- the team will reach the 30 win threshold for the first time since 2006-07


 
Posted : Mon. Sep 16, 2024 7:18 pm
upnorthkid reacted
upnorthkid
(@upnorthkid)
Mayasich Level Golden
Joined: 11 years ago
Posts: 4020
Rep Pts: 12311
 

Posted by: @maroon_and_gold
↑

A couple of predictions/takes for the upcoming season:

- Snuggerud will be the first Gopher to score 30 goals in a season since Ryan Potulny scored 38 in 2005-06

- the team will reach the 30 win threshold for the first time since 2006-07

30 wins would be awesome. Part of it helped by a weaker NC schedule, but let’s also hope it includes the last win of the season

 


 
Posted : Mon. Sep 16, 2024 7:45 pm
maroon and gold
(@maroon_and_gold)
Mayasich Level
Joined: 9 years ago
Posts: 4395
Rep Pts: 12998
 

Posted by: @upnorthkid
↑

Posted by: @maroon_and_gold
↑

A couple of predictions/takes for the upcoming season:

- Snuggerud will be the first Gopher to score 30 goals in a season since Ryan Potulny scored 38 in 2005-06

- the team will reach the 30 win threshold for the first time since 2006-07

30 wins would be awesome. Part of it helped by a weaker NC schedule, but let’s also hope it includes the last win of the season

 

Yep, weak non-con plus two free games from playing in the icebreaker

 


 
Posted : Mon. Sep 16, 2024 8:38 pm
bearpaw28
(@bearpaw28)
Broten Level
Joined: 20 years ago
Posts: 1805
Rep Pts: 3555
Post on old board: 6912
 

While being buoyed about the teams potential is understandable…after two decades + one…NOBODY cares if they win 30 games…unless they win their last 4 games too. Being KINGS of the Regular Season…means Jack-Squat (at this juncture). 

 


 
Posted : Mon. Sep 16, 2024 11:35 pm
trixR4kids
(@trixr4kids)
Brooks Level
Joined: 18 years ago
Posts: 2044
Rep Pts: 6154
Post on old board: 15139
 

Meh, we all (not you lol) want to see them win that and can also acknowledge that the tourney has a stupid format that doesn’t exactly increase the likelihood of the best teams winning. Personally I’d like to see this team perform be more consistent in the regular season and be better in the big ten tourney, especially if they get another home game for the final. Ideally come playoff time they’re playing their best hockey and hopefully the chips fall in their favor. 

The “win a national championship or bust!” expectation is for casual fans. 


 
Posted : Tue. Sep 17, 2024 3:37 pm
Slap Shot, Blue Bandit 24, Any Road and 4 people reacted
Slap Shot
(@slap-shot)
Mayasich Level Golden
Joined: 21 years ago
Posts: 4548
Rep Pts: 11442
Post on old board: 18942
 

Forgive him. His team finally won some titles that are more recent than Minnesota's so he thinks he's in position to hockeysplain around here.  Except this is what it feels like reading him:


 
Posted : Tue. Sep 17, 2024 3:50 pm
Jankwi01
(@jankwi01)
Wooger Level
Joined: 2 years ago
Posts: 336
Rep Pts: 435
 

@upnorthkid 

I don't share the optimism why you like this team so much?


 
Posted : Tue. Sep 17, 2024 5:21 pm
trixR4kids
(@trixr4kids)
Brooks Level
Joined: 18 years ago
Posts: 2044
Rep Pts: 6154
Post on old board: 15139
 

Can’t speak for them but the D core being slightly more experienced, improvement in Snuggy’s game, and better forward depth aren’t unrealistic expectations that result in an improved team. 


 
Posted : Tue. Sep 17, 2024 6:20 pm
MG since forever
(@mg-since-forever)
Micheletti Level
Joined: 3 years ago
Posts: 171
Rep Pts: 641
 

I kind of agree here with trix.  The D core was actually pretty good last year and should be markedly better this year.  I do still feel like there are some unknowns but NOT talent wise.  Leadership and cool heads/experience at certain positions but I think we are in a better situation than most teams there also.  Close, Nelson, and Brodz (admit not always a fan) gave some pretty solid " we got this" type leadership last year and even the year before.  Snuggy needs to seriously step up and play with some intensity as a line LEADER not the feed me the puck guy he has been at times (not that we shouldn't feed him the puck of course:). There is a goalie question no doubt but feeling OK about that combo.  The rest?  So many top recruits there has to be some excitement I would hope


 
Posted : Tue. Sep 17, 2024 7:35 pm
Blue Bandit 24
(@bluebandit24)
Broten Level Golden
Joined: 20 years ago
Posts: 1008
Rep Pts: 2893
 

I am very bullish on this team. Feels it was put together with intention; complementary skillsets all over the ice with the high-end talent to steal wins on nights they do not deserve it.

Goaltending is a question mark, though I would guess the floor there is adequate play. This should be a contender...no reason why they cannot be one of the nation's elite.


 
Posted : Tue. Sep 17, 2024 9:56 pm
trixR4kids, maroon and gold, Rau4SkiUMah and 2 people reacted



upnorthkid
(@upnorthkid)
Mayasich Level Golden
Joined: 11 years ago
Posts: 4020
Rep Pts: 12311
 

Posted by: @jankwi01
↑

@upnorthkid 

I don't share the optimism why you like this team so much?

100% d core. You’re returning everyone, Koster is healthier a year and you had a green Rinzel as your major pick mover who now has his year under his belt. Usually that’s a big jump year for d men as is the soph-jun transition. Bobs best teams are built from the back and that is what it takes to win in April. Then you brought in scoring in Wood, have a veteran laden middle 6 and a ton of speed on the bottom 6 to keep pressure on. Biggest question is goaltending and we have seen Souilere be very good in the past for PSU if the lights are too bright for Airey (I don’t think this will be the case, but respect to Bob for bringing him in). Actually feels quite similar to the 21-22 to 22-23 years in that we unloaded a lot of vets up front (Walker, Meyers, McLaughlin, Sorensen, Broz, Cruikshank, Lucius) but brought back so much on the blue line. I am super optimistic about Moore’s game fitting well with Snuggerud and Wood if that is the combo we get and think it will feel very similar to Knies, Cooley, Snuggerud. 

so in short, a dominant top line and a veteran d core with depth scoring available all over the lineup that also plays solid defense. They may not be as blue chip as BC but they’ll be older and more physical with some difference makers across the lineup. Reminds me a lot of DU last year 

 


 
Posted : Tue. Sep 17, 2024 11:15 pm
Jaykay3
(@jaykay3)
Micheletti Level
Joined: 15 years ago
Posts: 254
Rep Pts: 734
 

I think people are really underestimating how good Wood will be. 


 
Posted : Wed. Sep 18, 2024 9:30 am
Mike Eruzione 11
(@mikeeruzione11)
Brooks Level Golden
Joined: 4 years ago
Posts: 2254
Rep Pts: 6824
 

Posted by: @jaykay3
↑

I think people are really underestimating how good Wood will be. 

totally agree 

 


 
Posted : Wed. Sep 18, 2024 12:22 pm
Slap Shot
(@slap-shot)
Mayasich Level Golden
Joined: 21 years ago
Posts: 4548
Rep Pts: 11442
Post on old board: 18942
 

I hope so because it's there's not been a great record of transfers coming here and lighting it up.  Although as soon as I type that surely I'm forgetting someone.  🤣 


 
Posted : Wed. Sep 18, 2024 12:42 pm
TheBirdman reacted
Boosker
(@boosker14)
Bonin Level
Joined: 4 years ago
Posts: 235
Rep Pts: 1020
 

Posted by: @slap-shot
↑

transfers coming here and lighting it up.

Maybe if we start pulling entire D cores from the portal like Mercenary U up in Grand Forks...


 
Posted : Wed. Sep 18, 2024 3:13 pm
TheBirdman
(@thebirdman)
Micheletti Level
Joined: 3 years ago
Posts: 143
Rep Pts: 633
 

Posted by: @slap-shot
↑

I hope so because it's there's not been a great record of transfers coming here and lighting it up.  Although as soon as I type that surely I'm forgetting someone.  🤣 

 

In fairness, they don't bring a ton of transfers. Cruikshank was disappointing a couple of years ago, then did well at Jan. Lafontaine was a phenomenal transfer who was able to help the program by coming and going, IMO. Going back pre-portal, first name that comes to mind is Jacob Cephis -- think he did decently.

Likewise, I'm sure I'm forgetting many or may not have realized someone was a transfer.

Looking forward to seeing Moore this year - think he really matured at World Jrs last year and was much better the second half. My expectations for him were skewed greatly by Cooley the year before - which was obviously unfair. Not sure if we'll see the Moore-Wood-Snuggy but if that's how it plays out, but certainly high ceiling there.

 


 
Posted : Wed. Sep 18, 2024 5:39 pm
Iceburg
(@iceburg)
Brooks Level Golden
Joined: 23 years ago
Posts: 2181
Rep Pts: 4037
Post on old board: 7833
 

GIF

Some transfers only a select few on here will remember just as a history lesson and not to make any points.

Tom Younghans (St. Mary’s)

Mike Greeder (Gustavus)

Mike Reilly Sr. (Colorado College)

Mike Knoke (Colorado College)

Butsy Erickson (Cornell)

Deano Williamson (Denver)

Tony Bianchi (St. Cloud)

I’m sure I’m forgetting several


 
Posted : Wed. Sep 18, 2024 6:05 pm
max27t and Eric Vegoe reacted
maroon and gold
(@maroon_and_gold)
Mayasich Level
Joined: 9 years ago
Posts: 4395
Rep Pts: 12998
 

Nick Seeler did well, he’s a recent one. Mike Szmatula wore a letter as well.


 
Posted : Wed. Sep 18, 2024 6:55 pm
Rau4SkiUMah reacted
maroon and gold
(@maroon_and_gold)
Mayasich Level
Joined: 9 years ago
Posts: 4395
Rep Pts: 12998
 

Posted by: @iceburg
↑


GIF

Some transfers only a select few on here will remember just as a history lesson and not to make any points.

Tom Younghans (St. Mary’s)

Mike Greeder (Gustavus)

Mike Reilly Sr. (Colorado College)

Mike Knoke (Colorado College)

Butsy Erickson (Cornell)

Deano Williamson (Denver)

Tony Bianchi (St. Cloud)

I’m sure I’m forgetting several

Did Butsy Erickson seriously go to Cornell? He played 4 years in maroon and gold how does that make any sense?

 


 
Posted : Wed. Sep 18, 2024 6:56 pm
Iceburg
(@iceburg)
Brooks Level Golden
Joined: 23 years ago
Posts: 2181
Rep Pts: 4037
Post on old board: 7833
 

Posted by: @maroon_and_gold
↑
Did Butsy Erickson seriously go to Cornell? He played 4 years in maroon and gold how does that make any sense?

 

I believe the story went he went out there, started classes, got homesick almost immediately and left.

The only thing I can find to show that I’m not crazy is THIS.

 


 
Posted : Wed. Sep 18, 2024 9:34 pm
AlabamaGopher
(@alabamagopher)
Rookie
Joined: 3 years ago
Posts: 7
Rep Pts: 42
 

@maroon_and_gold Don't believe he played any games there, but he did go there to start...

Butsy Erickson in the Star Tribune in October of 1980: "I'd have come to Minnesota if they had asked me to walk on. But Herb Brooks offered me half a scholarship, right up until they signed Neal (Broten). As soon as Neal signed, I was told there was no more money left for me. I thought that was pretty weak and I felt like they were using me to get Neal. I thought I'd show 'em and I went to Cornell. I stayed there eight or nine weeks and it was a good experience. I was working out against 40 or 50 good players from Canada and I more than held my own. I got lots of confidence when I found out I could play without Neal and Aaron, but I also realized how much I wanted to be at Minnesota, so I transferred back."

Some transfers (definitely missing some and some didn't play any games for their first school) in order of points scored with the Gophers...
Butsy Erickson (Cornell), Bart Larson (Western Michigan), Mike Knoke (Colorado College), Tom Younghans (St. Mary's), Tony Bianchi (St. Cloud State), Jacob Cepis (Bowling Green), Bob Johnson (North Dakota), Dean Williamson (Denver), Mike Szmatula (Northeastern), Donald Bodin (Minnesota Duluth), Tyler Nanne (Ohio State), Brian Thoresen (St. Louis), Bob Nyhus (Minnesota Duluth), Jerrid Reinholz (Minnesota Duluth), Mike Greeder (Gustavus Adolphus), Jay Moser (St. Cloud State), Mike Harrer (Minnesota Duluth), Mike Reilly Sr. (Colorado College), Jake McCoy (St. John's), John Amatuzio (Minnesota Duluth), Grant Cruikshank (Colorado College), Paul Lundeen (Wisconsin), Nick Seeler (Omaha), Tom Mogush (North Dakota), Brad Timmons (Northern Michigan), Bill King (Northern Michigan), Sean Regan (Notre Dame), Colin Schmidt (Union), Clint Johnson (Minnesota Duluth), Glen Letourneau (Western Michigan), Mike Phippen (Alaska Methodist Pacific), Mitch Rogge (Sacred Heart), Chris Student (Northeastern)

Goaltenders: Jon Brekken (Michigan State), Doug Hastings (Michigan), Jack LaFontaine (Michigan), Mat Robson (Clarkson), Mike Shibrowski (Colorado College), Larry Thayer (Wisconsin), Mike Vacanti (Colorado College)


 
Posted : Wed. Sep 18, 2024 9:36 pm
Iceburg
(@iceburg)
Brooks Level Golden
Joined: 23 years ago
Posts: 2181
Rep Pts: 4037
Post on old board: 7833
 

@alabamagopher thanks for the fantastic research. Bart Larson was a really nice little defenseman. I believe his father was a long time Edina assistant coach under Ikola. But Bart played his high school hockey for the long forgotten Bloomington Lincoln.


 
Posted : Wed. Sep 18, 2024 9:50 pm



bearpaw28
(@bearpaw28)
Broten Level
Joined: 20 years ago
Posts: 1805
Rep Pts: 3555
Post on old board: 6912
 

Posted by: @boninthebear
↑

Posted by: @mg-since-forever
↑

@upnorthkid 

Yeah I guess I am a get off my lawn too since I do NOT care for the skating goldie as a logo.  Big M, gophers, the old tough looking gopher, just about anything else.  I wouldn't buy it but not trying to rain on the parade of buyers.  On a hockey note, now are we feeling about filling the big holes (size and leadership) of Nelson and Brodzinski?  A dynamic duo for the past couple years and Nelson pretty much carried the team through the playoff run.  Do we have that guy this year? Can Snuggy do that?

I think the team will have success for different reasons than replacing Nelson, Brodz, Pitlick.

They will have more production from the bottom 6, and a better Power Play.

 

Brodz & Nelson will be missed, let’s not forget who was doing the clutch scoring last year in the postseason. And so will Closer. The D core will be better, but tBob implying they might be better than in 22-23 is a real stretch. Woods will make an impact & 11 will be improve, although only his skating comes close to matching Cooleys skill set (at this point). And my misinterpreted point in an earlier post, is to not obsess about how many regular season games you win, but instead focus on gradual improvement & peaking during February - April…that’s what postseason title contending teams strive for (universally). 

 


 
Posted : Thu. Sep 19, 2024 4:40 am
maroon and gold
(@maroon_and_gold)
Mayasich Level
Joined: 9 years ago
Posts: 4395
Rep Pts: 12998
 

Nelson is still probably the biggest loss. He’s taken every big draw for the past 2 seasons. They need to emphasize faceoffs in these early season practices in my opinion.


 
Posted : Thu. Sep 19, 2024 6:24 am
Eric Vegoe reacted
YoungEagle
(@youngeagle)
Broten Level Golden
Joined: 14 years ago
Posts: 805
Rep Pts: 2236
 

Posted by: @maroon_and_gold
↑

Nelson is still probably the biggest loss. He’s taken every big draw for the past 2 seasons. They need to emphasize faceoffs in these early season practices in my opinion.

 

Agreed. I’m not sure what story advanced stats would tell you but we never seem to win important draws. Late in the game or on a power play or penalty kill, that kind of thing. I’m sure having relatively young centers is a factor in that. 

 


'29, '40, '74, '76, '79, '02, & '03
GPL's Resident Cabin Enthusiast & Cadets Hockey Fan

 
Posted : Thu. Sep 19, 2024 7:42 am
Norm
 Norm
(@norm)
Broten Level Golden
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 1383
Rep Pts: 3423
 

https://www.newspapers.com/article/star-tribune-79-3-16-hartman/35531117/

Newspaper mentions Butsy transfer from Cornell


 
Posted : Thu. Sep 19, 2024 9:13 am
Iceburg reacted
Iceburg
(@iceburg)
Brooks Level Golden
Joined: 23 years ago
Posts: 2181
Rep Pts: 4037
Post on old board: 7833
 

@norm  thanks for the clip. Scary to think that scanning Sid’s columns first thing every morning was the best hope to find any recruiting nuggets. What a different time it was. I’m still pissed John Donnelly wound up at Dartmouth. I’ve got to learn to let things go 🤪


 
Posted : Thu. Sep 19, 2024 10:43 am
Boats
(@boats)
Broten Level
Joined: 4 years ago
Posts: 809
Rep Pts: 3285
 

https://www.instagram.com/gophermhockey/p/DAG8RF_Sg-0/?hl=en&img_index=1

 

Koster with the C. Looks like Nevers has an A. I don't think we have had confirmation of either of those yet?


 
Posted : Thu. Sep 19, 2024 1:24 pm
Eric Vegoe reacted
maroon and gold
(@maroon_and_gold)
Mayasich Level
Joined: 9 years ago
Posts: 4395
Rep Pts: 12998
 

Posted by: @boats
↑

https://www.instagram.com/gophermhockey/p/DAG8RF_Sg-0/?hl=en&img_index=1

 

Koster with the C. Looks like Nevers has an A. I don't think we have had confirmation of either of those yet?

Dont put any weight into those pictures, they were just using last years jerseys for media day. Rinzel was still wearing #5.

 


 
Posted : Thu. Sep 19, 2024 1:55 pm
Boats reacted
Boats
(@boats)
Broten Level
Joined: 4 years ago
Posts: 809
Rep Pts: 3285
 

Posted by: @maroon_and_gold
↑

Dont put any weight into those pictures, they were just using last years jerseys for media day. Rinzel was still wearing #5.

 

 

Great catch. I did not see that

 


 
Posted : Thu. Sep 19, 2024 2:09 pm
upnorthkid
(@upnorthkid)
Mayasich Level Golden
Joined: 11 years ago
Posts: 4020
Rep Pts: 12311
 

preseason prediction is out and All Big Ten teams. Does this mean we can officially start the season thread?! Grin

PRESEASON POLL
1. Michigan State
2. Minnesota
3. Michigan
4. Wisconsin
5. Notre Dame
6. Penn State
7. Ohio State

 

PRESEASON ALL-BIG TEN, FIRST TEAM

NAME SCHOOL YR POSITION HOMETOWN
Karsen Dorwart Michigan State Jr. Forward Sherwood, Ore.
Isaac Howard Michigan State Jr. Forward Hudson, Wis.
Jimmy Snuggerud + Minnesota Jr. Forward Chaska, Minn.
Sam Rinzel Minnesota So. Defenseman Chanhassen, Minn.
Ben Dexheimer Wisconsin Jr. Defenseman Edina, Minn.
Trey Augustine + Michigan State So. Goaltender South Lyon, Mich.

+ unanimous selections

 

PRESEASON ALL-BIG TEN, SECOND TEAM

NAME SCHOOL YR POSITION HOMETOWN
T.J. Hughes Michigan Jr. Forward Hamilton, Ont.
Matthew Wood Minnesota Jr. Forward Nanaimo, B.C.
Aiden Fink Penn State So. Forward Calgary, Alberta
Jacob Truscott Michigan Gr. Defenseman Port Huron, Mich.
Mike Koster Minnesota Gr. Defenseman Chaska, Minn.
Tommy Scarfone Wisconsin Sr. Goaltender Montreal, Quebec

 
Posted : Fri. Sep 20, 2024 1:17 pm
Cowgirl
(@cowgirl)
Mayasich Level Golden
Joined: 22 years ago
Posts: 3774
Rep Pts: 11822
Post on old board: 10120
 

Posted by: @upnorthkid
↑

preseason prediction is out and All Big Ten teams. Does this mean we can officially start the season thread?! 

Yes! We need people to start focusing on this year’s team and stop worrying about the apparent impending failure of our future teams because the brand names didn’t commit here. 😂😬

 

Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet?!   Retro Goldy  

 


 
Posted : Fri. Sep 20, 2024 8:33 pm
Steve MN
(@steve-mn)
Mariucci Level Golden
Joined: 14 years ago
Posts: 3335
Rep Pts: 7550
Post on old board: 10695
 

Posted by: @cowgirl
↑

Posted by: @upnorthkid
↑

preseason prediction is out and All Big Ten teams. Does this mean we can officially start the season thread?! 

Yes! We need people to start focusing on this year’s team and stop worrying about the apparent impending failure of our future teams because the brand names didn’t commit here. 😂😬

 

Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet?!   Retro Goldy  

Two weeks from tomorrow, I'll be there.  Of course, the team will be several days behind me.

 


 
Posted : Fri. Sep 20, 2024 8:57 pm
maroon and gold
(@maroon_and_gold)
Mayasich Level
Joined: 9 years ago
Posts: 4395
Rep Pts: 12998
 

Posted by: @cowgirl
↑

Posted by: @upnorthkid
↑

preseason prediction is out and All Big Ten teams. Does this mean we can officially start the season thread?! 

Yes! We need people to start focusing on this year’s team and stop worrying about the apparent impending failure of our future teams because the brand names didn’t commit here. 😂😬

 

Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet?!   Retro Goldy  

 

Yes! As a wise man once said, don’t worry about teams 3 years from now when this years team is a wagon! Don’t know who said that but I agree😄

 


 
Posted : Fri. Sep 20, 2024 9:44 pm



Boats
(@boats)
Broten Level
Joined: 4 years ago
Posts: 809
Rep Pts: 3285
 

https://twitter.com/MinnStMHockey/status/1837511671595557034

 

I uh...


 
Posted : Sat. Sep 21, 2024 10:34 am
Norm
 Norm
(@norm)
Broten Level Golden
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 1383
Rep Pts: 3423
 

You gotta be sh*ttin me!


 
Posted : Sat. Sep 21, 2024 10:43 am
Page 28 / 30

Registered/Logged In users will not see this ad