Gophers 2024 off se...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Registered/Logged In users will not see this ad


[Closed] Gophers 2024 off season

1,461 Posts
109 Users
878 Reactions
84.7 K Views
streaky gopher
(@streakygopher)
Brooks Level Golden
Joined: 22 years ago
Posts: 1524
Rep Pts: 4704
Post on old board: 15478
 

I would think his pops is advising him. Maybe he thinks he needs a season of playing in a boring defensive system.


 
Posted : Mon. Sep 23, 2024 10:29 pm
trixR4kids
(@trixr4kids)
Brooks Level
Joined: 18 years ago
Posts: 2044
Rep Pts: 6154
Post on old board: 15139
 

Lol idk anything about Mankato’s coach or if the cows still play that style but that’d be funny if true.


 
Posted : Mon. Sep 23, 2024 10:43 pm
HandyNotDan
(@handyman)
Brooks Level Golden
Joined: 23 years ago
Posts: 1707
Rep Pts: 5054
Post on old board: 28736
 

Posted by: @jupiter
↑

Posted by: @handyman
↑

Posted by: @jupiter
↑

Posted by: @handyman
↑

Which again is the weird thing, he could have just entered the portal and then anyone could contact him.

Actually since it was so late, he could not enter the portal since it the last entry date for this offseason was I think July 10th or so. But graduating school makes him a free agent of sorts, there was some conflicting info on if he actually graduated. But I guess he must have in order to just enroll at Mankato.

Everything I have read and been told over the years is if he graduated there is no date that the Portal closes.  Grad Transfers can jump in any time.  I am an amateur on this stuff at best though.

 

That is the strange part... IF... We really don't know if her did or not. I have heard. Yes. No. I have heard he has just a few more credits to get it done. Who really knows?

 

Well for a lot of reasons I hope he did Smile

Wish him nothing but the best...I never begrudge a guy continuing his dream.  Unless he goes to Wisconsin. (or Iowa in other sports) 😉

 


 
Posted : Tue. Sep 24, 2024 9:47 am
g-manpuck reacted
HandyNotDan
(@handyman)
Brooks Level Golden
Joined: 23 years ago
Posts: 1707
Rep Pts: 5054
Post on old board: 28736
 

Posted by: @streakygopher
↑

I would think his pops is advising him. Maybe he thinks he needs a season of playing in a boring defensive system.

That is funny.

I have to think they know he doesn't have much of a pro future (he wouldn't be going to school if anyone wanted him) so its probably more "time to work on that backup plan son!" Smile

 


 
Posted : Tue. Sep 24, 2024 9:49 am
J22
 J22
(@j22)
Broten Level Golden
Joined: 11 years ago
Posts: 1263
Rep Pts: 3947
Post on old board: 5631
 

I think he's good enough to have a pro future, I just don't think he's an NHL player. 


 
Posted : Tue. Sep 24, 2024 12:06 pm
HandyNotDan
(@handyman)
Brooks Level Golden
Joined: 23 years ago
Posts: 1707
Rep Pts: 5054
Post on old board: 28736
 

That's fair...question is does he want to play in Europe or the AHL.  Smart to take another year to figure everything out.


 
Posted : Tue. Sep 24, 2024 3:35 pm
JoeGopher
(@joegopher)
Wooger Level
Joined: 22 years ago
Posts: 160
Rep Pts: 488
 

Posted by: @handyman
↑

That's fair...question is does he want to play in Europe or the AHL.  Smart to take another year to figure everything out.

It's also possible the only interest he got this year was from the ECHL and he decided to pass on the long bus trips and $50K salary.

 


 
Posted : Wed. Sep 25, 2024 8:50 am
HandyNotDan reacted
YoungEagle
(@youngeagle)
Broten Level Golden
Joined: 14 years ago
Posts: 805
Rep Pts: 2236
 

Posted by: @younggopherdiehard2
↑

If that’s the case I think it’s a poor decision to push out your leading scorer. Even if he struggled with the defensive side of the game. 

 

I'm sure if Bob didn't think he was 100% committed to playing at Minnesota this year, he encouraged Rhett to look at other options... which I think is absolutely the right call. 

 


'29, '40, '74, '76, '79, '02, & '03
GPL's Resident Cabin Enthusiast & Cadets Hockey Fan

 
Posted : Wed. Sep 25, 2024 11:06 am
Eric Vegoe reacted
HandyNotDan
(@handyman)
Brooks Level Golden
Joined: 23 years ago
Posts: 1707
Rep Pts: 5054
Post on old board: 28736
 

Posted by: @joegopher
↑

Posted by: @handyman
↑

That's fair...question is does he want to play in Europe or the AHL.  Smart to take another year to figure everything out.

It's also possible the only interest he got this year was from the ECHL and he decided to pass on the long bus trips and $50K salary.

 

That was kind of my guess too.  Very easy to wait on that.

 


 
Posted : Wed. Sep 25, 2024 11:37 am
Eric Vegoe
(@eric-vegoe)
Broten Level Golden
Joined: 11 years ago
Posts: 359
Rep Pts: 2013
 

Posted by: @handyman
↑

That's fair...question is does he want to play in Europe or the AHL.  Smart to take another year to figure everything out.

Personally... I'm surprised he didn't sign a deal to play in Europe. I'm wondering if the family thought they could get an AHL deal at least for this season and it was too late to find a Euro contract that was worthwhile when it didn't work out.

 


 
Posted : Wed. Sep 25, 2024 12:02 pm
Go4birdvowel
(@go4birdvowel)
Micheletti Level
Joined: 4 years ago
Posts: 185
Rep Pts: 685
 

Posted by: @boats
↑

Posted by: @go4birdvowel
↑

@maroon_and_gold 

For what we know as of know it would be Huglen. I don’t think he brings enough offense to crack the top 9 next year unless we see some unexpected transfers/signings. 

 

If Huglen is the 4th line center for the Gophers next year, I will donate $50 to a charity of your choice. 

 

Huglen is wearing a letter next year in my mind and centering the second line.

 

Can I pick a charity now?

 


 
Posted : Sat. Oct 19, 2024 10:41 pm
Boats, Slap Shot, trixR4kids and 1 people reacted
Page 30 / 30

Registered/Logged In users will not see this ad