46 Users
55 Reactions
upnorthkid
(@upnorthkid)
Broten Level
Rep Pts: 2725

Posted by: @eric-vegoe

Posted by: @maroon_and_gold

Based on Vegs insight from the podcast Motzko likes assigning forward “pairs” and then plug-n-play the rest. As of now it reads:

?-Moore-Snuggy

?-Huglen-Lamb

?-Clark-Kurth

Hendrickson-Pahlsson-?

If it were me I’d try Wood, Falloon, Ziemer, Nevers top to bottom in that order.

Moore-Snuggerud, I've seen Wood and Ziemer with them.
Huglen-Lamb, I've seen Falloon and Wood with them
Clark-Kurth, I've seen Ziemer and Falloon with them
Pahlsson-Hendrickson, I've seen Nevers and Ziemer with them.

I've also seen a Nevers-Huglen-Kurth group.

They've also had days where none of the drills had lines and they just divided up the forwards into two groups mixing guys all over.

i guess if anything means they should all have some degree of chemistry with each other up and down the lineup 

ReplyQuote
Boats
(@boats)
Stauber Level
Rep Pts: 850

Based on Vegs insight from the podcast Motzko likes assigning forward “pairs” and then plug-n-play the rest. As of now it reads:

?-Moore-Snuggy

?-Huglen-Lamb

?-Clark-Kurth

Hendrickson-Pahlsson-?

If it were me I’d try Wood, Falloon, Ziemer, Nevers top to bottom in that order.

They've also had days where none of the drills had lines and they just divided up the forwards into two groups mixing guys all over.

Has J Middlestadt been the odd man out? Unfortunate but not unexpected.

I am projecting a Jimmy Clark break out year playing some higher minutes than last year

ReplyQuote
maroon and gold
(@maroon_and_gold)
Mariucci Level
Rep Pts: 8193

Posted by: @boats

?-Moore-Snuggy

?-Huglen-Lamb

?-Clark-Kurth

Hendrickson-Pahlsson-?

Has J Middlestadt been the odd man out? Unfortunate but not unexpected.

I am projecting a Jimmy Clark break out year playing some higher minutes than last year

Agree, whenever he was elevated last year he produced. 2 goals filling in for injured Huglen at Yost. 3 on 3 OT goal vs MSU. Huge NCAA tourney goal vs Omaha in Pitlicks spot.

Boats reacted
ReplyQuote
maroon and gold
(@maroon_and_gold)
Mariucci Level
Rep Pts: 8193

I hope Rinzel skips the phase where he thinks he’s a magic man on ice and just plays hockey. You see it all the time with players in their second or third year when they gain a ton of confidence they start trying to make the extra play instead of the right play. I remember it vividly with LaCombe.

ReplyQuote
Bertogliat
(@bertogliat)
Brooks Level Golden
Rep Pts: 4697
Post on old board: 12555

Do we not have a TV schedule yet?

ReplyQuote
gopherfun83
(@gopherfun83)
Stauber Level Golden
Rep Pts: 760

It would have been nice to have Rhett for another year. He already has a goal. The best of luck to him on the purple cows. Just not too much luck if we end up facing them in the tourney this year.

ReplyQuote
Jupiter ♃
(@jupiter)
Brooks Level Admin
Rep Pts: 5704
Post on old board: 15786

https://twitter.com/brad_rempel/status/1844726126960160819

Do not like how this board is run?
Get your own board!

Cowgirl and Slap Shot reacted
ReplyQuote

MarkHockey
(@markhockey)
Rep Pts: 5

Any word of the lineup for tonight?

ReplyQuote
Jupiter ♃
(@jupiter)
Brooks Level Admin
Rep Pts: 5704
Post on old board: 15786

Posted by: @markhockey

Any word of the lineup for tonight?

Usually comes out 2 hours before puck drop for each game.

Do not like how this board is run?
Get your own board!

ReplyQuote
ex_goldy
(@ex_goldy)
Wooger Level Golden
Rep Pts: 202

Only seeing monthly and yearly subscription on Big10+.  Bummer. I liked getting only men’s hockey for a low monthly price.  Is it still there and I’m missing it? 

ReplyQuote
Bertogliat
(@bertogliat)
Brooks Level Golden
Rep Pts: 4697
Post on old board: 12555

Posted by: @ex_goldy

Only seeing monthly and yearly subscription on Big10+.  Bummer. I liked getting only men’s hockey for a low monthly price.  Is it still there and I’m missing it? 

All sports only.

I am considering the monthly option so long as I can cancel after tomorrow since the next streaming only game for me is January.

i think the women play OSU at 5 pm

trixR4kids reacted
ReplyQuote
BlueBandit24
(@bluebandit24)
Bonin Level Golden
Rep Pts: 1294

ReplyQuote
Slap Shot
(@slap-shot)
Mariucci Level Golden
Rep Pts: 8081
Post on old board: 18942

Interesting.

ReplyQuote
BIll
 BIll
(@bill)
Rep Pts: 7

we got the Minnesota radio call on the Big 10 Plus feed. So we get Wally Shaver on the call. nice.

ReplyQuote

sterfry9
(@sterfry9)
Lucia Level
Rep Pts: 51

KURTH 1-0 GOPHS

gopherfun83 reacted
ReplyQuote
BlueBandit24
(@bluebandit24)
Bonin Level Golden
Rep Pts: 1294

Connor Kurth...so hot right now.

ReplyQuote
gopheritall
(@gopheritall)
Micheletti Level Golden
Rep Pts: 645

Posted by: @bluebandit24

Connor Kurth...so hot right now.

On pace to set scoring records and skate away with the Hobey

ReplyQuote
D2D
 D2D
(@d2d)
Wooger Level Golden
Rep Pts: 487

Game highlights:

I expect tomorrow's opponent will put up a much tougher test. They will have several additional hours to rest up, which could be a factor in the outcome. 

ReplyQuote
00xtremeninja
(@00xtremeninja)
Wooger Level
Rep Pts: 443

that was a scoring clinic, AF defense played too soft and just couldn't keep up with the speed of the Gophers. Tonight as mentioned by others will be more of a test.

ReplyQuote
BoninTheBear
(@boninthebear)
Micheletti Level
Rep Pts: 594

Hard to understand how good we are as Air Force was outmatched.  Watched both games thus far:

-Gruba is very good, talented and very high hockey IQ.  

-Ziemer and Pahlsson also fit the part

-Hendrickson looked out of place against SCSU, different story last night

-Coming into the season I had Wood with Snuggy and Moore.  Doubtful this happens as the strengths and weaknesses of Snuggy annd Wood are similar.  

-Clark, Lamb, Kurth, and Rinzel have taken a big jump 

-Chelsey was always strong on D, but has looked much more aggressive on offense

-Mason Nevers and Jmitts, thank you for putting the M first.  Could have gone other places for a bigger role but clear they want the Natty.  

-Interested to see Airey get challenged more, but thus far looks smooth

ReplyQuote
upnorthkid
(@upnorthkid)
Broten Level

Posted by: @boninthebear

Hard to understand how good we are as Air Force was outmatched.  Watched both games thus far:

-Coming into the season I had Wood with Snuggy and Moore.  Doubtful this happens as the strengths and weaknesses of Snuggy annd Wood are similar.  

-Mason Nevers and Jmitts, thank you for putting the M first.  Could have gone other places for a bigger role but clear they want the Natty.  

I don't know if I quite agree. Wood seemed to have more puck hunger and retrieval than what we've seen out of Snuggy so far. Reminded me a lot of Knies in that sense. 

ReplyQuote

BoninTheBear
(@boninthebear)
Micheletti Level

Posted by: @upnorthkid

I don't know if I quite agree. Wood seemed to have more puck hunger and retrieval than what we've seen out of Snuggy so far. Reminded me a lot of Knies in that sense. 

Not as fast as Knies.  

ReplyQuote
College Hockey Addict
(@collegehockeyaddict)
Mariucci Level
Rep Pts: 8792

Wood 3 assists in one game

Last Season: Snuggy 13 assists in 39 games

Some people are sleeping on Wood and all the talents he has.

Snuggy was improved yesterday in his play without the puck as compared to last year. He also had 11 shot attempts 6 shots on goals.

They are both very good players.

ReplyQuote
HandyNotDan
(@handyman)
Brooks Level Golden
Rep Pts: 5056
Post on old board: 28736

Not as fast as Knies.  

But he wasn't saying anything about speed it was about ability to get to and take the puck...and 

ReplyQuote
BoninTheBear
(@boninthebear)
Micheletti Level

Posted by: @handyman

Not as fast as Knies.  

But he wasn't saying anything about speed it was about ability to get to and take the puck...and 

All I intended in my post was to say the best line combo’s split Snuggy and Wood now that I have seen 2 games.  Against top 10 teams it would be suboptimal.  

They are both tremendous players.  

ReplyQuote
frozen4champs
(@frozen4champs)
Mayasich Level Golden
Rep Pts: 13547
Post on old board: 9626
Topic starter  

Mike McMahon previews all 64 teams and has the Gophers at #3 for the year behind BC and Denver overall. He has the Gophers winning the B1G. 

I'm 50% factual and 50% sarcastic. When you get to know me, you will know which is which.

ReplyQuote
gopheritall
(@gopheritall)
Micheletti Level Golden

Posted by: @frozen4champs

Mike McMahon previews all 64 teams and has the Gophers at #3 for the year behind BC and Denver overall. He has the Gophers winning the B1G. 

Normally I wouldn't care what a washed up Bears quarterback has to say but I will take this. Hopefully we have a chance at the end of the season to take it all.

ReplyQuote
BoninTheBear
(@boninthebear)
Micheletti Level

Posted by: @bearpaw28

@slap-shot What does that have to do with anything? So does this mean U concur with Bonins prediction Slap Shot? At least Bonin deserves some credit for sticking his neck out on occasion, despite how misguided. lol The record is the record, 13 years for a blue blood program is 13 years, imagine the avalanche of crap falling your way if it was 13 years since winning at the Ralph? lol

What I see in the data is the Gophers are 2W, 1T, 1L at Amsoil when playing a full weekend there.  Not representative factoring in the home and homes.  That coupled with the rosters, clearly brooms.

This aged so well.  Gophers now 4-1-1 when playing both games at Amsoil.  

As I said, UMD will improve a lot by the end of the season.  The beat down this weekend will help our Pairwise a lot by year end.

What say you @bearpaw28?

ReplyQuote

Jankwi01
(@jankwi01)
Lucia Level
Rep Pts: 122

Was at the game live. Thought UMD has more skill then some of the previous scott Scanlin teams. Do not have the defensive structure I thought they'd have. I think they will be much better next year.

ReplyQuote
bearpaw28
(@bearpaw28)
Leopold Level
Rep Pts: 1663
Post on old board: 6912

@slap-shot What does that have to do with anything? So does this mean U concur with Bonins prediction Slap Shot? At least Bonin deserves some credit for sticking his neck out on occasion, despite how misguided. lol The record is the record, 13 years for a blue blood program is 13 years, imagine the avalanche of crap falling your way if it was 13 years since winning at the Ralph? lol

What I see in the data is the Gophers are 2W, 1T, 1L at Amsoil when playing a full weekend there.  Not representative factoring in the home and homes.  That coupled with the rosters, clearly brooms.

As I said, UMD will improve a lot by the end of the season.  The beat down this weekend will help our Pairwise a lot by year end.

What say you @bearpaw28?

Bonin, you get points from me for actually having the stones to predict a sweep (unlike some of your more timid brethren). The easy drought has been snapped (forcefully). Now on to the more difficult drought that requires 4 straight NCAA tournament wins. 😉 As far as the Dogs, playing air-tight shut down defense is a lot easier when you can trot out Anderson (Kings) Samberg (Jets) Perunovich (Blues) Wolfe, M. Anderson & L Roehl. It’s not so much the structure…it’s the players executing the structure. 

ReplyQuote
upnorthkid
(@upnorthkid)
Broten Level

What say you @bearpaw28?

Bonin, you get points from me for actually having the stones to predict a sweep (unlike some of your more timid brethren). The easy drought has been snapped (forcefully). Now on to the more difficult drought that requires 4 straight NCAA tournament wins. 😉 

stay healthy and this team looks just like the denver one that did it last year. Maybe a little lacking in physicality, but envision that’ll change as the games mean more. Like that Wood seems have a little bit of that fire in him. Hoping whipple gets his seasoning as he’s the only d man who looks a little slow at times with the puck. 

No reason to think they can’t do it

ReplyQuote
Boats
(@boats)
Stauber Level
Rep Pts: 850

@go4birdvowel Idk if this is the right place to put it, but yea, send a charity over. I will definitely hold to my word on that one lol. Was NOT expecting the freshman to come in and be so productive haha

Go4birdvowel reacted
ReplyQuote
bearpaw28
(@bearpaw28)
Leopold Level

@upnorthkid The Gophers clearly have a WAGON of a team in 24-25. One thing that’s encouraging is they appear to have strong chemistry on the ice, top to bottom. Now, I don’t see a Ziev Bieum, (Perunovich ) level D on the roster to stir the drink from the blue line, but that’s not always required. It will be a fun filled season for Gopher fans, but Final Exams will define it. 

ReplyQuote
BoninTheBear
(@boninthebear)
Micheletti Level

Extremely strong start to the season.  So much fun to watch this team play.

One concern is the power play setup with Wood in the D position.  This alignment has yielded 1 short handed goal and 2 additional odd man rushes out of 11 power plays.  No clue what the issue is, but teams will attack it all season.

Team is playing fast and connected.  Also think Snuggy has added some juice to his game.  Seems more agile and crisper on his edges.  That goal last night was ridiculous.

ReplyQuote
Go4birdvowel
(@go4birdvowel)
Wooger Level
Rep Pts: 289

Posted by: @boats

@go4birdvowel Idk if this is the right place to put it, but yea, send a charity over. I will definitely hold to my word on that one lol. Was NOT expecting the freshman to come in and be so productive haha

Yea it’s a deep team for sure and I’m sure lines will continue to be juggled and Huglen isn’t necessarily destined for the 4th line center role all year, I just remembered catching some flack for my take and needed to bring the receipts lol. I say buy yourself a shirt or something from Dinkytown Athletes 

trixR4kids and Boats reacted
ReplyQuote

upnorthkid
(@upnorthkid)
Broten Level

@bearpaw28 I dunno. Rinzel sure looks like that kind of player with the 2nd year jump he's taken so far.

Go4birdvowel reacted
ReplyQuote
upnorthkid
(@upnorthkid)
Broten Level

Some random thoughts a few weeks in now.

Moore certainly has taken a jump. Much stronger on the puck and the game looks so much slower for him now. Stand by my prediction that he's going to have a Cooley level stats year and looks well on the way to that 30A mark. Would like him to shoot a little more, but really I'm sure the Blackhawks are very excited with what they're seeing.

Really have liked what I've seen out of Wood so far. He reminds me a lot of Bjugstad with a great shot and really underrated playmaking. His stickhandling in space is far better than what I was expecting and he is really deceptive at making space/cutting around bodies. 

Random comments on the newbies, I've been extremely impressed with the poise of Zeimer and Hendrickson. Don't seem afraid of the moment and have been really hard on pucks. They will be great 4 year guys here. Gruba looks very calm with his decision making and has the look of adding some offensive pop despite not being on the scoresheet yet. I was impressed with Souliere last night. Has a little bit of that "flash" but seems pretty calm with it and plays the puck really well which helps the breakout a ton. I hear what those are saying that giving Airey time helps for later in the year and future, but this team is built to win it all this year and it's hard to say who's all coming back. Play to win every single night and if it ends up being Souliere, there's nothing wrong with that especially in the portal era when you're a destination school 

BC still looks like the team to beat, but the Gophers look like #2 right now. 

ReplyQuote
bearpaw28
(@bearpaw28)
Leopold Level

@upnorthkid Rinzel is a future NHL D who likely signs after 3 years. But offensively he’s not that guy (at least this season & thats with all due respect to Rinzel, who I really like) & while Ziev is better defensively than Perunovich & also talented offensively…Ziev will be stud NHLer…  Scotty offensively was “the” key cog in Dogs 3 year run (ended by season covid halted) & him winning Hobey. Just watch a tape of Perunovich last game played at Mariucci…he noticably controlled the pace of play. 

Jankwi01 reacted
ReplyQuote
Suffering Sota Fan
(@sufferingsotafan)
Wooger Level Golden
Rep Pts: 347

--Gophers have 4 games vs CCHA teams. These 2 Vs the Tommies and 2 vs Bemidji mid November. Win 3 of 4 and the pairwise will be looking fine for the CCHA comps.

--For NCHC we already got that finalized with the 2.33 wins out of 3, or .777%. (The OT Omaha loss counts as 1/3 of a win) 

-- Atlantic we have 3 games. 1 win in the books vs Airforce then 2 games vs Mercyhurst. Goal should be for 3/3 or but 2.33/3 probably wouldn't hurt too bad.  

I always find myself rooting for the Non-Conference teams The Gophers have played against, just to boost the gopher's strength of schedule/Pairwise. On that front it Wasn't great to see Augustana Sweep Omaha this weekend. 

ReplyQuote
gopheritall
(@gopheritall)
Micheletti Level Golden

Make no mistake, I want the Gophers to win every game. But if thus team is who we think they are we will win enough to get into the tournament regardless if this weekend's outcome. Once in (1 or 4 seed) you just need to win.

A lot can change over the year and I would rather not have a non-conference loss drag us down. I am already not happy about the Ohama game.

Regardless, it is so great to have the problems we have. This team is GREAT and a lot of fun to watch. I am really enjoying this this year (and the last few).

Steve MN reacted
ReplyQuote
frozen4champs
(@frozen4champs)
Mayasich Level Golden
Rep Pts: 13547
Post on old board: 9626
Topic starter  

https://twitter.com/LetsPlay_Hockey/status/1848504071059313101

I'm 50% factual and 50% sarcastic. When you get to know me, you will know which is which.

ReplyQuote
MikeEruzione11
(@mikeeruzione11)
Brooks Level Golden
Rep Pts: 4918

ReplyQuote

Page 3 / 3