746 Reactions
72 K Views
Bertogliat
(@bertogliat)
Brooks Level Golden
Rep Pts: 4510
Post on old board: 12555

Mark Johnson is an interesting name.

Some will say it won't happen, he's too close to retirement.

frozen4champs
(@frozen4champs)
Mayasich Level Golden
Rep Pts: 13274
Post on old board: 9626
Topic starter  

https://twitter.com/chnews/status/1633876327064543232

I'm 50% factual and 50% sarcastic. When you get to know me, you will know which is which.

JoeGopher
(@joegopher)
Wooger Level
Rep Pts: 336

Posted by: @frozen4champs

https://twitter.com/chnews/status/1633876327064543232

I don't necessarily have a problem with these three, but Levi is mostly in since he won it last year.  Close has a better GAA and is within .04 SV%.  He did make about 300 more saves than Close, so I suppose there is that...

College Hockey Addict
(@collegehockeyaddict)
Mariucci Level
Rep Pts: 8136

Western Michigan loses game one of their best of three quarterfinal series with Colorado College 3-1.

CC going into the game was winless in their last 13 games (11 loses and 2 ties).

Western Michigan was winning 1-0 with 6.5 minutes left in the game and then CC scored three goals in less than a minute.

College Hockey Addict
(@collegehockeyaddict)
Mariucci Level

RIT loses game one of their best of three semifinal series with Holy Cross 1-0 in OT.

Holy Cross winning the Atlantic auto bid and playing the Gophers in the first round of the NCAA tournament in Fargo, ND would be interesting. #Revenge

upnorthkid
(@upnorthkid)
Broten Level
Rep Pts: 2537

Posted by: @collegehockeyaddict

RIT loses game one of their best of three semifinal series with Holy Cross 1-0 in OT.

Holy Cross winning the Atlantic auto bid and playing the Gophers in the first round of the NCAA tournament in Fargo, ND would be interesting. #Revenge

Id be more than happy to see all the dumbass und fans there wearing their HC jerseys go home disappointed

upnorthkid
(@upnorthkid)
Broten Level

2-0 Omaha halfway through the 3rd. Gophs chances at being in Fargo honing in

Steve MN
(@steve-mn)
Brooks Level Golden
Rep Pts: 5062
Post on old board: 10695

2-1 Final, UNO over Whioux.  Nodak had an extra-attacker goal to close the gap a bit.

B1G refs... corrupt, or just incompetent?

Bertogliat
(@bertogliat)
Brooks Level Golden

Need Omaha to finish the series tomorrow.  I could really use a few days of vacation in Fargo.

College Hockey Addict
(@collegehockeyaddict)
Mariucci Level

Posted by: @bertogliat

Need Omaha to finish the series tomorrow.  I could really use a few days of vacation preferable any where other than North Dakota but since the Gophers will be playing in Fargo I will be there.

FYP

Steve MN reacted
frozen4champs
(@frozen4champs)
Mayasich Level Golden
Topic starter  

I know the Whioux are not as good as in years past, but I will not count them out until they take their last breath. I have seen them left for dead before, and like cockroaches, they somehow rise from the dead.

I'm 50% factual and 50% sarcastic. When you get to know me, you will know which is which.

College Hockey Addict
(@collegehockeyaddict)
Mariucci Level

I find the Sue's new jerseys interesting.

image.thumb.jpeg.7550e2b37c4e6ae92163f467eee42c76

MikeEruzione11
(@mikeeruzione11)
Brooks Level Golden
Rep Pts: 4808

Duluth loses to St. Cloud 3-1 (ENG) and they are also on the brink of elimination tomorrow.

what a shame. 

trixR4kids and Steve MN reacted
Bertogliat
(@bertogliat)
Brooks Level Golden

Holy Cross beat RIT.  Idiots all over North Dakota have chubbies over the possible match up.

The Rube
(@the-rube)
Mariucci Level Golden
Rep Pts: 8302
Post on old board: 35040

Yale had 5 shots vs. Quinnipiac in the ECAC Quarterfinal last night. Perets with a 5-save shutout…

When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the United States you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

thinkbui
(@thinkbui)
Stauber Level
Rep Pts: 933
Post on old board: 11106

According to CHN's probability matrix, last night's loss to UNO means UND is mathematically eliminated from getting an at-large bid and what we've been saying for weeks is now official: either UND or UMD are going to miss the Tournament, probably both as they still have to get past Denver.

Trigeminal Neuralgia Awareness
Not every disease is visible. Not every pain comes from an obvious wound. Some people you see day-to-day may be suffering in ways you or I may never understand and fighting just to live a normal life. Please consider contributing to the Facial Pain Association and together we can find a cure.

upnorthkid
(@upnorthkid)
Broten Level

Posted by: @thinkbui

According to CHN's probability matrix, last night's loss to UNO means UND is mathematically eliminated from getting an at-large bid and what we've been saying for weeks is now official: either UND or UMD are going to miss the Tournament, probably both as they still have to get past Denver.

i mean, they're both going to be lucky to get out of the first round. and if cc hangs on, und and umd would play each other in the semis. 

thinkbui
(@thinkbui)
Stauber Level
Rep Pts: 933
Post on old board: 11106

Posted by: @upnorthkid

Posted by: @thinkbui

i mean, they're both going to be lucky to get out of the first round. and if cc hangs on, und and umd would play each other in the semis. 

Yeah, they're each one loss away from the end of their seasons.  That's true every year, but how often do we say that about both of them before day 2 of the conference playoffs?

Trigeminal Neuralgia Awareness
Not every disease is visible. Not every pain comes from an obvious wound. Some people you see day-to-day may be suffering in ways you or I may never understand and fighting just to live a normal life. Please consider contributing to the Facial Pain Association and together we can find a cure.

MikeEruzione11
(@mikeeruzione11)
Brooks Level Golden

Northern Michigan up 2-0 early against Michigan Tech. Northern Michigan looking to spoil somebody on the bubble. They are 27th in the pairwise. 

MikeEruzione11
(@mikeeruzione11)
Brooks Level Golden

3-0 Northern Michigan. Wow. 

frozen4champs
(@frozen4champs)
Mayasich Level Golden
Topic starter  

3-0 Michigan half way period 1

Driftryder
(@driftryder)
Micheletti Level Golden
Rep Pts: 612

3-1 Michigan with 6 min left in the 2nd.

College Hockey Addict
(@collegehockeyaddict)
Mariucci Level

Northern Michigan wins at Michigan Tech 4-0 and is onto to the CCHA Championship game. The Fighting Grant Potulny's have now won 7 games in a row (9 of 10) and are one win away from getting the CCHA auto bid.

The Gophers vs. the Fighting Grant Potulny's would be an interesting first round NCAA tournament game.

Chill Kessel
(@chill-kessel)
Leopold Level
Rep Pts: 1999

CC just knocked off Western to advance.

Karlsson
(@karlsson)
Brooks Level
Rep Pts: 5568

Cloud taking a crap and then stepping and slipping in it against Duluth in their own barn again. 

College Hockey Addict
(@collegehockeyaddict)
Mariucci Level

Western Michigan getting swept at home is definitely a surprise. Colorado College came into the weekend on a 13 game winless streak (11 loses and 2 ties).

College Hockey Addict
(@collegehockeyaddict)
Mariucci Level

Providence scores in OT to beat Northeastern in a single elimination Hockey East quarter final (the Hockey East playoffs are single elimination all rounds). 

Nobody will have to face Devon Levi in the NCAA tournament. Northeastern's season is over.

Gopherguy05
(@gopherguy05)
Stauber Level
Rep Pts: 877
Post on old board: 5335

RIT wins in OT to force game 3 vs Holy Cross.

Gopherguy05
(@gopherguy05)
Stauber Level

BC and Merrimack tied at 0 in OT,  If BC wins, Merrimack is virtually eliminated as well.  

upnorthkid
(@upnorthkid)
Broten Level

Even if umd and und win, they play each other next. That would be a really fun game

Gopherguy05
(@gopherguy05)
Stauber Level

Both UMD/SCSU and UND/Omaha playing Game 3's tomorrow.  

Still scoreless between BC and Merrimack

College Hockey Addict
(@collegehockeyaddict)
Mariucci Level

Whoo, whoo…whoo, whoo… whoo, whoo
You buddy, you’re outta here, ya hack, you suck!!!
You Worthless Piece of S***

The Rube
(@the-rube)
Mariucci Level Golden
Rep Pts: 8302
Post on old board: 35040

Now you must siiiiiiiiiiiiit! 

Just kidding. 😉 

When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the United States you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

College Hockey Addict
(@collegehockeyaddict)
Mariucci Level

Well I am full of .........

Gopherguy05
(@gopherguy05)
Stauber Level

Merrimack wins in double OT to keep their season alive.  BC is done.  

Steve MN
(@steve-mn)
Brooks Level Golden
Rep Pts: 5062
Post on old board: 10695

I suppose I'll have to spend some time tomorrow night figuring out all the scenarios.  I'm still curious where the one-in-six chance of the fighting Qs getting the #1 overall seed comes from.

B1G refs... corrupt, or just incompetent?

maroon and gold
(@maroon_and_gold)
Mariucci Level
Rep Pts: 7906

One would think it involves us losing Q winning and Notre Dame dropping out of the top 20. Still don’t know how that happens with Northeastern and Connecticut getting knocked out tonight. 

Edit: ND dropping out of the top 20 would lose our quality win bonus for our 3 wins against them this season for clarification. 

Composer
(@composer)
Stauber Level Golden
Rep Pts: 771

Last night’s run by CHN put the Gophers at 100% to have the #1 in the pairwise.  (In fact, the top 4 are all at 100%.)

Bertogliat
(@bertogliat)
Brooks Level Golden

Let’s go Omaha!

upnorthkid
(@upnorthkid)
Broten Level

Now that the top seed is decided, will be interesting to see who it plays out to as the 16. AHA winner, Northern Michigan, Colgate, or even CC if they can keep up this little run. 

MikeEruzione11
(@mikeeruzione11)
Brooks Level Golden

Posted by: @bertogliat

Let’s go Omaha!

Yup… I might be purchasing the NCHC day pass for this one lol. 

JWG
 JWG
(@jwg)
Leopold Level Golden
Rep Pts: 1870
Post on old board: 8686

Playoffstatus has us at 85% and pairwise probability (CHN) has us at 100% for the #1 seed. Someone is wrong. 

If I’ve learned anything it’s that no matter how remote the chance, it could happen (UMD 2018). 

Composer
(@composer)
Stauber Level Golden
Rep Pts: 771

I'm pretty sure that CHN is correct.

The gophers beat state and the RPI went from 6041 to 6068--gain of 27 points.

Q won and RPI went from 5955 to 5962. 

Michigan beat Ohio St.  Michigan went from 5698 to 5723.  Ohio went from 5546 to 5514.

If the Gophers lose to Michigan (# 4 in pairwise) say they lose 32 points (what OSU did).  That would have the Gophers at 6036.

If Q wins their two games, (say, Colgate and Harvard) give them the 27(*2)=54 points the Gophers had.

That leaves MN at 6036, Q at 6009.

So Q would need 3 wins to tie MN at 6036.

Yes, this is a very rough estimate, but I think it clearly indicates that the 85% on Playoffstatus is not accurate.  (we'll see...)

Steve MN reacted
maroon and gold
(@maroon_and_gold)
Mariucci Level

https://twitter.com/evegoe/status/1634938429267140612?s=46&t=5swVv9McLbbDHZdWqTJj3Q

Vegs says it’s 100% lock I’ll trust him

maroon and gold
(@maroon_and_gold)
Mariucci Level

Now that the top seed is decided, will be interesting to see who it plays out to as the 16. AHA winner, Northern Michigan, Colgate, or even CC if they can keep up this little run. 

It’ll be super interesting to watch how conference tournaments shake out. They way hockey east is panning out, Providence or Lowell could win and still finish lower than RIT. If RIT loses tonight I believe we’re locked into an Atlantic team. 

College Hockey Addict
(@collegehockeyaddict)
Mariucci Level

Posted by: @maroon_and_gold

https://twitter.com/evegoe/status/1634938429267140612?s=46&t=5swVv9McLbbDHZdWqTJj3Q

Which would seem to mean that if the Gophers and Michigan both win their regionals they will face off for the 6th time this season in the Frozen Four semi finals. #1 and #4 are usually put on the same side of the bracket.

Eric Vegoe reacted
upnorthkid
(@upnorthkid)
Broten Level

It’ll be super interesting to watch how conference tournaments shake out. They way hockey east is panning out, Providence or Lowell could win and still finish lower than RIT. If RIT loses tonight I believe we’re locked into an Atlantic team. 

I don't know for sure, as both would have to pick up 2 likely ranked wins to get there where RIT is only going to get 2 unranked wins so I'd expect they both pass RIT if they win out. 

NMU and CC can't catch RIT. If RIT lose tonight, then yep you're absolutely right we get the AHA winner

maroon and gold
(@maroon_and_gold)
Mariucci Level

Which would seem to mean that if the Gophers and Michigan both win their regionals they will face off for the 6th time this season in the Frozen Four semi finals. #1 and #4 are usually put on the same side of the bracket.

If Michigan makes it out of their region…

Eric Vegoe
(@eric-vegoe)
Bonin Level
Rep Pts: 1392

The only rules on placing the teams after seeding is that the No. 1 seed regional winner will face the No. 4 seed regional winner in the Frozen Four and the No. 2 seed regional winner will face the No. 3 seed regional winner. The next step is to place the host school in their regional. Then the rest of the seeds are placed within their band, but the guidelines don't distinguish between No. 13, 14, 15 or 16... they're all the same in the book.

The selection committee usually has some turnover, but all six people are new this year. There's no history for how they'll decide to interperet competitive equity, financial success and playoff-type atmosphere while avoiding first round conference matchups.

I'll be surprised if bracket integrity is the primary factor this time around. I feel like CHN and USCHO bracketology have been seeing smoke all year that it won't be like that come selection sunday.

gopherfun83
(@gopherfun83)
Micheletti Level Golden
Rep Pts: 748

If Denver or St. Cloud doesn't win the NCHC tournament, it will make selection Sunday even more interesting. This would eliminate Merrimack, and maybe bounce St. Cloud out east. With that said I really hope St. Cloud wins today, UMD is playing their best hockey of the year. If UMD wins today they have as good of a chance as anyone of winning the NCHC tournament.

Page 31 / 44