174 Posts
22 Users
33 Reactions
HandyNotDan
(@handyman)
Brooks Level Golden
Rep Pts: 5056
Post on old board: 28736

They probably have more confidence in Akers than Chandler.  I mean the offense tanked when Chandler was in. 

ReplyQuote
Bertogliat
(@bertogliat)
Brooks Level Golden
Rep Pts: 4697
Post on old board: 12555

I think they’re more injured now than last week.

https://twitter.com/vikings/status/1846661633440878740?s=46&t=3T_aqyWV0c5WnrFBAyJLTg

ReplyQuote
Chris83
(@chris83)
Bonin Level Golden
Rep Pts: 1399
Post on old board: 5215

I have a feeling the Vikings may get whacked today. Just that Detroit is juggernauting; hopefully Jones can contribute, be effective and they can mix the run and pass. 

ReplyQuote
gopheritall
(@gopheritall)
Micheletti Level Golden
Rep Pts: 645

I am OK with the fake punt on the first series by the lions but it signals that they think they need to score a bunch today

ReplyQuote
Karlsson
(@karlsson)
Brooks Level
Rep Pts: 5696

Having Jones back sure is nice.

ReplyQuote
bearpaw28
(@bearpaw28)
Leopold Level
Rep Pts: 1663
Post on old board: 6912

57 yard FG…no problem. 10-0

ReplyQuote
Karlsson
(@karlsson)
Brooks Level

Not sure they have enough to overturn the down by contact ruling here. Not from the angle we’ve seen, anyway. 

ReplyQuote

gopher6
(@gopher6)
Bonin Level
Rep Pts: 1365
Post on old board: 5547
Topic starter  

Out of time outs in the 1st quarter, Outrageous!

Aloha!

ReplyQuote
Karlsson
(@karlsson)
Brooks Level

This crew appears to be a throw flag first, ask questions later group. 

ReplyQuote
Karlsson
(@karlsson)
Brooks Level

Aside from the first run by Jones, the offense is bad again. 

ReplyQuote
Karlsson
(@karlsson)
Brooks Level

And now the defense is porous too. This might get ugly. 

ReplyQuote
Karlsson
(@karlsson)
Brooks Level

I’m getting way too irritated by a game I figured they’d lose. Time to work on the lawn. 😊 

ReplyQuote
bearpaw28
(@bearpaw28)
Leopold Level

Lions turning Vikings into their BITCHES today. 10-21 WELP!

ReplyQuote
bearpaw28
(@bearpaw28)
Leopold Level

JJ! TD 17-21 ☝️

ReplyQuote

gopheritall
(@gopheritall)
Micheletti Level Golden
Rep Pts: 645

This Lions team is no joke. I like that the Vikes haven't completely fallen apart

ReplyQuote
Karlsson
(@karlsson)
Brooks Level

I’m glad I stopped when I did. Watching them come all the way back just to lose it at the end would have likely sent me over the edge. 😆 

ReplyQuote
J22
 J22
(@j22)
Broten Level Golden
Rep Pts: 2276
Post on old board: 5631

Entertaining game. Vikings appear to be good enough that it should be an exciting rest of the year.

Defense probably isn't as good as they're getting credit for, but they are solid and have a knack for making a big play.

O'Connell doesn't seem to know what to do at the end of games.

Darnold ain't it.

ReplyQuote
The Rube
(@the-rube)
Mariucci Level Golden
Rep Pts: 8493
Post on old board: 35040

This game was pretty much exactly what I expected (although I thought the Vikings would win at home). 3 points or less game, came down to the end, etc. 

All they needed was that first down at the end. Didn't like the play call, they should have run the ball to keep the clock moving (at the very minimum). 

And Darnold had a solid game. THIS game, the Vikings couldn't play the first half, but they definitely played the second half, reversing a trend this season. 

When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the United States you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

ReplyQuote
gopher6
(@gopher6)
Bonin Level
Rep Pts: 1365
Post on old board: 5547
Topic starter  

Posted by: @the-rube

This game was pretty much exactly what I expected (although I thought the Vikings would win at home). 3 points or less game, came down to the end, etc. 

All they needed was that first down at the end. Didn't like the play call, they should have run the ball to keep the clock moving (at the very minimum). 

And Darnold had a solid game. THIS game, the Vikings couldn't play the first half, but they definitely played the second half, reversing a trend this season. 

way to many penalties today

Aloha!

ReplyQuote
bearpaw28
(@bearpaw28)
Leopold Level

My take: Vikings led 10-0 allowed the Lions to score a TD on 4 consecutive drives. Not often do U win when that’s the case. Vikings got a fumble recovery return TD to take 1 point lead and later had the ball with 4 min to go up 1. KOC then got timid (like a few times last season, played not to lose ) and called run, run, 3rd & 4 pass and it was incomplete so we punted. Lions OC Ben Johnson was aggressive with pass calls (played to win) and got in FG range. Bottom Line - Vikings didn’t play well enough or coach well enough to win, but very nearly stole one! PS: Vikings weren’t going 20-0

ReplyQuote
dxmnkd316
(@dxmnkd316)
Bonin Level
Rep Pts: 1109
Post on old board: 29516

The absolute best were the chuckleheads on the whine line who suggested

• we trade for stafford
  • we take a shot at a 72-yd FG instead
  • that somehow Flores doesn't know what he's doing 

bearpaw28 and The Rube reacted
ReplyQuote

streakygopher
(@streakygopher)
Broten Level Golden
Rep Pts: 2758
Post on old board: 15478

Posted by: @bearpaw28

My take: Vikings led 10-0 allowed the Lions to score a TD on 4 consecutive drives. Not often do U win when that’s the case. Vikings got a fumble recovery return TD to take 1 point lead and later had the ball with 4 min to go up 1. KOC then got timid (like a few times last season, played not to lose ) and called run, run, 3rd & 4 pass and it was incomplete so we punted. Lions OC Ben Johnson was aggressive with pass calls (played to win) and got in FG range. Bottom Line - Vikings didn’t play well enough or coach well enough to win, but very nearly stole one! PS: Vikings weren’t going 20-0

Fair analysis. Can't give up 4 straight TD drives, and the offense had more than one chance to seal the game in the fourth. 

Vikings FG kicker is money and very unviking like.

Whatever margin Goff is better than Darnold was the difference in the game. 

Gotta give the Lions credit. After that stunning reversal of giving up the fumble return for a TD, their defense shut the Vikings down and their offense marched the ball down the field for the win. Most teams would have choked that away on the road.

ReplyQuote
The Rube
(@the-rube)
Mariucci Level Golden

There won't be undefeated teams. Vikes were gonna lose at some point. They lost today, but to a very good team. They didn't choke to someone like NE or JAX, etc. A home loss hurts, sure. It's not the end of the world. 

When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the United States you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

ReplyQuote
The Rube
(@the-rube)
Mariucci Level Golden

So, if MN loses on Thu, there is a CHANCE they are in last place in the division at 5-2 after the rest of the games are played. 

Think about that. 

ReplyQuote
Page 4 / 4