Wooger Level
Rep Pts: 455

I can't believe this clown gets 6m a year

Kelor
(@kelor)
Lucia Level Golden
Rep Pts: 148
Post on old board: 5863

He doesn't go for it on 4th and long and instead goes for a field goal, which means we still need 3 possessions.  Brilliant field goal as an incomplete pass would have meant we would need..........3 possessions.   

Cowgirl
(@cowgirl)
Mariucci Level Golden
Rep Pts: 7722
Post on old board: 10120

Left at halftime to go for a walk.  Just got back.  Looks like I made the right decision.  Go hockey!

Kelor
(@kelor)
Lucia Level Golden
Rep Pts: 148
Post on old board: 5863

Just think we could have had Kalen DeBoer for a song.  We would have had a winning team without all this self promoted  Row the Boat crap.  

Border Gopher
(@border-gopher)
Wooger Level

Posted by: @frozen4champs

Careful. When I suggested that Phil was over rated last week, I was told that they are happy with his progress and winning Floyd and the Ax was very important. Losing to teams like Bowling Green, Northwestern, Illinois was no big deal. One more win and they are off to the Blockbuster Bowl.... 

I'll get this out of the way...

Who do you want to replace him? Because if you can't answer that question then you can't log into GPL and criticize him.

This is the best that 6 million can buy

Border Gopher
(@border-gopher)
Wooger Level

Oh frozen, c'mon. Stand by your convictions!

frozen4champs
(@frozen4champs)
Mayasich Level Golden
Rep Pts: 13288
Post on old board: 9626

Posted by: @border-gopher

Oh frozen, c'mon. Stand by your convictions!

I had a spelling error. Reposting in a second

I'm 50% factual and 50% sarcastic. When you get to know me, you will know which is which.

frozen4champs
(@frozen4champs)
Mayasich Level Golden

Careful. Last week after I suggested Phil was overrated, they said that they were happy with the progress and that winning Floyd and the Ax was more important than beating Bowling Green, Northwestern, Illinois and Purdue. Great news, they are 1 win away from going to the Blockbuster Bowl. 

https://twitter.com/10k_Takes/status/1723486485645516823

I'm 50% factual and 50% sarcastic. When you get to know me, you will know which is which.

JWG
 JWG
(@jwg)
Leopold Level Golden
Rep Pts: 1870
Post on old board: 8686
Topic starter  

This is a bad and underachieving season. That’s going to happen here. We’re not MI, or OSU, or PSU. It’s just not reality to expect to win 8+ every season. It won’t happen. If you want that I suggest you save yourself the headache and don’t follow football. 

My expectation was 7 this year and we will hit the under. Maybe even finish below .500 for the first time in a full season since 2017. That’s not great but not bad for MN. 

I will be pissed and disappointed about this season. As we all will be. But Fleck is our best coach since Murry and he’s not getting nor should he be fired. 

gopherguy06
(@gopherguy06)
Wooger Level
Rep Pts: 433
Post on old board: 9527

Minnesota allows 604 yards of total offense, 353 yards rushing and nine plays of 20 yards or more.

Greyeagle
(@greyeagle)
Mayasich Level Moderator Golden
Rep Pts: 11350
Post on old board: 21741

49-30 could be close the the hoops score this year.  

If MN is lucky.

“When your best friend is the son of God, you get tired of losing every argument.”

― Christopher Moore, Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

frozen4champs
(@frozen4champs)
Mayasich Level Golden

This year "should" have been the year to at least have a deceivingly good record, with 8 or 9 wins against the sisters of the poor. It only gets uglier from next year on. 

streakygopher
(@streakygopher)
Broten Level Golden
Rep Pts: 2669
Post on old board: 15478

Posted by: @gopherguy06

Minnesota allows 604 yards of total offense, 353 yards rushing and nine plays of 20 yards or more.

This is the old doormat gopher football. Fleck gets paid an awful lot to field a team that gives up 49 points also-ran.

JWG
 JWG
(@jwg)
Leopold Level Golden
Topic starter  

We have one healthy RB, who’s not even a running back. Evans went out in Q2. Lindengerg goes out at safety again and his backup is hurt on the first drive. 

This team was playing a freshman in his first game at LB. 

Im not sure if depth is a coaching problem or if we’re just really unlucky but we’re not fielding a team of ready players because they’re not supposed to be. 

This season was a perfect storm to set up disappointment. I imagine you give up on OSU to get healthy for WI. 

gopherguy06
(@gopherguy06)
Wooger Level

Posted by: @jwg

We have one healthy RB, who’s not even a running back. Evans went out in Q2. Lindengerg goes out at safety again and his backup is hurt on the first drive. 

This team was playing a freshman in his first game at LB. 

Im not sure if depth is a coaching problem or if we’re just really unlucky but we’re not fielding a team of ready players because they’re not supposed to be. 

This season was a perfect storm to set up disappointment. I imagine you give up on OSU to get healthy for WI. 

Plus they had a walk-in at LB. The offense disappeared in the second half again and the D was atrocious 

Slap Shot
(@slap-shot)
Mariucci Level Golden
Rep Pts: 7905
Post on old board: 18942

Part of the depth issue is the portal and I've heard some grumblings that departures were not necessarily becasue of NLI.

dxmnkd316
(@dxmnkd316)
Bonin Level
Rep Pts: 1069
Post on old board: 29516

Posted by: @slap-shot

Part of the depth issue is the portal and I've heard some grumblings that departures were not necessarily becasue of NLI.

but enough about Lucius 

Look, not everyone is going to mesh with a coach. They are salesmen. You get sold a product and you're either happy or you're not. What matters is that people keep buying your product. If a couple people didn't like it, fine. Can't argue with that.

team2tank
(@team2tank)
Lucia Level
Rep Pts: 189

This program sucks and Fleck is not a good coach.

gopher6 reacted
HandyNotDan
(@handyman)
Brooks Level Golden
Rep Pts: 4878
Post on old board: 28736

Posted by: @team2tank

This opinion sucks and I am not a good evaluator.

FTFY

dxmnkd316 reacted
frozen4champs
(@frozen4champs)
Mayasich Level Golden

Phil again complaining about the lack of NIL money. How about donate 1 year of your salary to fund it? When you lose to OSU, Michigan or Penn St, I can understand it. But don't whine after losing to Illinois, Northwestern or Purdue...

https://twitter.com/BMTNSports/status/1724160924557209926

Beauner
(@beauner)
Broten Level Golden
Rep Pts: 3560
Post on old board: 30840

Phil again complaining about the lack of NIL money. How about donate 1 year of your salary to fund it? When you lose to OSU, Michigan or Penn St, I can understand it. But don't whine after losing to Illinois, Northwestern or Purdue...

Was he complaining? Or answering a question? 

Nothing I see in the article sounds as much like complaining as it does laying out an accurate picture of where we are currently, and college football is headed in the near future. The 10-15 teams with the most money will be able to see a star player on a team with less money and just take them off their roster with no reward for the college losing the player. Maybe once every 3-4 years a "lesser" program will catch lightning in a bottle and compete for a CFP spot. The rest will just be cannon fodder for the OSU, Michigan, Alabama, Texas, USCs etc.

Saban and Dabo Swinney, two of the "haves" of college football compared to Minnesota's "have nots" have also ripped the current system multiple times.

frozen4champs
(@frozen4champs)
Mayasich Level Golden

Posted by: @beauner

Was he complaining? Or answering a question? 

Nothing I see in the article sounds as much like complaining as it does laying out an accurate picture of where we are currently, and college football is headed in the near future. The 10-15 teams with the most money will be able to see a star player on a team with less money and just take them off their roster with no reward for the college losing the player. Maybe once every 3-4 years a "lesser" program will catch lightning in a bottle and compete for a CFP spot. The rest will just be cannon fodder for the OSU, Michigan, Alabama, Texas, USCs etc.

Saban and Dabo Swinney, two of the "haves" of college football compared to Minnesota's "have nots" have also ripped the current system multiple times.

This is his 2nd time this year that he has voiced his opinion on this. Can you guess when the 1st one was? After his team blew the Northwestern game. Coincidence? When he beat Louisiana, he didn't bring it up. He is the master at pointing the focus away from how badly HIS team lost to miserable teams. This is what irks me.  I agree that the NIL system is flawed and is a complete mess.

Slap Shot
(@slap-shot)
Mariucci Level Golden
Rep Pts: 7905
Post on old board: 18942

Who cares about the timing? Nothing he said was over the top, whiney nor wrong. 

trixR4kids
(@trixr4kids)
Broten Level
Rep Pts: 2199
Post on old board: 15139

All this stuff can be true, the team is disappointing this year for a lot of reasons and Fleck deserves some blame but this program has mainly ranged from mediocre to horrible for like five decades with some good outlier years being the exception under a lot of different coaches. To truly turn things around and make the team more consistently good the money and resources need to be there and they aren’t, we’ve seen how we stack up against other big ten teams in that area. I have no problem getting a better coach than Fleck if there was an obvious fit but that probably doesn’t exist and would only make the program marginally better at best. The same issue clearly exists in basketball, it’s pretty obvious where the problem lies. 

dxmnkd316 reacted
MikeEruzione11
(@mikeeruzione11)
Brooks Level Golden
Rep Pts: 4809

PJ isn't wrong when it comes to the NIL situation. He is at a massive disadvantage at this University. I don't blame him for complaining.

However, his in-game coaching and his lack of internal staff changes are where the heat is certainly warranted in my opinion.

dxmnkd316
(@dxmnkd316)
Bonin Level

Posted by: @trixr4kids

All this stuff can be true, the team is disappointing this year for a lot of reasons and Fleck deserves some blame but this program has mainly ranged from mediocre to horrible for like five decades with some good outlier years being the exception under a lot of different coaches. To truly turn things around and make the team more consistently good the money and resources need to be there and they aren’t, we’ve seen how we stack up against other big ten teams in that area. I have no problem getting a better coach than Fleck if there was an obvious fit but that probably doesn’t exist and would only make the program marginally better at best. The same issue clearly exists in basketball, it’s pretty obvious where the problem lies. 

At this point, I honestly hope we can just hold onto him. 

Bertogliat
(@bertogliat)
Brooks Level Golden
Rep Pts: 4510
Post on old board: 12555

Posted by: @dxmnkd316

Yes.  He is voicing his frustrations as to the University's inability to field a competitive team due to lack of NIL funding.  It should not be a surprise this frustration comes out after a bad loss.

It would certainly have been helpful if they were able to hold onto Mar'Keise Irving instead of losing him to Oregon.

Idontknow
(@idontknow)
Bonin Level Golden
Rep Pts: 1185

Posted by: @bertogliat

Posted by: @dxmnkd316

Yes.  He is voicing his frustrations as to the University's inability to field a competitive team due to lack of NIL funding.  It should not be a surprise this frustration comes out after a bad loss.

It would certainly have been helpful if they were able to hold onto Mar'Keise Irving instead of losing him to Oregon.

I actually think the defensive players we lost are affecting us more than Bucky. Our run game has been relatively fine even with Nubin playing.   Our LBs and secondary are in rough shape this year.

dxmnkd316
(@dxmnkd316)
Bonin Level

Well, this game certainly isn't helping PJ's reputation among the fire PJ crowd. 

gopherguy06 reacted
gopherguy06
(@gopherguy06)
Wooger Level

Playing conservative too much. Punting twice from the Ohio State 40 and 45. Need to be a little more aggressive. No one thinks you will win, why not be aggressive

dxmnkd316 reacted
gopherguy06
(@gopherguy06)
Wooger Level

Big to hold them to a FG there and down 13-0 now 

JWG
 JWG
(@jwg)
Leopold Level Golden
Topic starter  

I like PJ but F him. You get OSU into 3rd down twice and 4th down once inside their 20 and not one timeout. Timeout crazy doesn’t use one. 

Screw him. Playing to win the spread and not the game. 

Bigbeer
(@bigbeer)
Brooks Level Golden
Rep Pts: 4200
Post on old board: 9428

How is this game only 13-0? I have a feeling it’ll be more like 40-0 by the end 

MikeEruzione11
(@mikeeruzione11)
Brooks Level Golden
Rep Pts: 4809

At this point it’s almost like PJ is just there for his paycheck. What a joke. 

JWG
 JWG
(@jwg)
Leopold Level Golden
Topic starter  

NU is bowl eligible and MN is not. 
Let that resonate. 

Greyeagle
(@greyeagle)

Suboptimal start to half number two.

“When your best friend is the son of God, you get tired of losing every argument.”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

dxmnkd316
(@dxmnkd316)
Bonin Level

Lmao woof

Bigbeer
(@bigbeer)
Brooks Level Golden
Rep Pts: 4200
Post on old board: 9428

This is really the best QB PJ could come up with? No other options?

Greyeagle
(@greyeagle)

That escalated quickly.

Beauner
(@beauner)
Broten Level Golden

Our playcalling is so unimaginative sometimes.

JWG
 JWG
(@jwg)
Leopold Level Golden
Topic starter  

Posted by: @bigbeer

He was a 4 star. Recruited at 15 though. And, to keep him skipped a recruiting class at QB. So, we have no other options no. 

Beauner
(@beauner)
Broten Level Golden

Posted by: @bigbeer

Their playcalling doesn't do many favors to Athan. Either do they seemingly 10 drops/game.

Rau4SkiUMah
(@rau4skiumah)
Broten Level
Rep Pts: 2459

Turned it on to see they were down 30-0 and I immediately turned to BU vs Maine game. But hey, at least we didn’t get shutout. 

gopher6
(@gopher6)
Bonin Level
Rep Pts: 1332
Post on old board: 5547

If they beat Badddddgers next week they should decline any bowl game they get offered to

Aloha!

JWG
 JWG
(@jwg)
Leopold Level Golden
Topic starter  

Posted by: @gopher6

If they beat Badddddgers next week they should decline any bowl game they get offered to

No. This teams needs all the help they can get in practices and play. Fortunately they’re not losing much in the off season and these players covering injuries are coming in with more experience than expected next season. 

frozen4champs
(@frozen4champs)
Mayasich Level Golden

Glad Phil kicked the field goal. 37-3 looks a ton better than 37 donut. ? 

Rau4SkiUMah reacted
dxmnkd316
(@dxmnkd316)
Bonin Level

Posted by: @jwg

Posted by: @gopher6

No. This teams needs all the help they can get in practices and play. Fortunately they’re not losing much in the off season and these players covering injuries are coming in with more experience than expected next season. 

That and 80% of the reason you go to any bowl you're invited to is you're allowed to practice for another 6-8 weeks. 

trixR4kids
(@trixr4kids)
Broten Level
Rep Pts: 2199
Post on old board: 15139

Watching gopher legend Adam Wolitarski playing in the Grey Cup (Canada Super Bowl) for the Winnipeg Blue Bombers. They’re currently up by a FG ? 

Beauner
(@beauner)
Broten Level Golden

Watching gopher legend Adam Wolitarski playing in the Grey Cup (Canada Super Bowl) for the Winnipeg Blue Bombers. They’re currently up by a FG ? 

Drew?

Page 15 / 20