Rep Pts: 7876
Post on old board: 18942

Rehire Granato!

College Hockey Addict
(@collegehockeyaddict)
Mariucci Level
Rep Pts: 8128

Posted by: @mikeeruzione11

Quinnipiac is losing 2-1 to Dartmouth in the third period. Dartmouth is dead last (60th out of 60) in the pairwise!

Game is on ESPN+ for those that get it

Way to jinx it. ? Quinnipiac scores three times in the last 3 and half minutes to win 4-2.

If Quinnipiac finishes ahead of the Gophers in the final Pairwise it's on Eruzione. ? 

You scored a HUGE goal 43 years ago but what have you done since then? ?

Cowgirl reacted
MikeEruzione11
(@mikeeruzione11)
Brooks Level Golden
Rep Pts: 4807

Posted by: @collegehockeyaddict

Quinnipiac is losing 2-1 to Dartmouth in the third period. Dartmouth is dead last (60th out of 60) in the pairwise!

Way to jinx it. ? Quinnipiac scores three times in the last 3 and half minutes to win 4-2.

I wish I had that much power over sporting events! ? 

frozen4champs
(@frozen4champs)
Mayasich Level Golden
Rep Pts: 13268
Post on old board: 9626
Topic starter  

Posted by: @collegehockeyaddict

I wish I had that much power over sporting events! ? 

Celebrate In Love GIF by HBO Max

I'm 50% factual and 50% sarcastic. When you get to know me, you will know which is which.

maroon and gold
(@maroon_and_gold)
Mariucci Level
Rep Pts: 7899

For everyone saying the dawgs are back after last weekend. Yeah, no, they’re not. 

maroon and gold
(@maroon_and_gold)
Mariucci Level

Also what’s up with cloud tying Miami twice at home

College Hockey Addict
(@collegehockeyaddict)
Mariucci Level

Posted by: @viewforth

Cornell scored 4 goals in 54 seconds in a 10-1 win over Union. Wonder of that's some sort of record? 

Cornell's 6 goal first period included the first 5 being power play goals. A Union player got a penalty for contact to the head and Cornell scored 4 goals on the 5 minute major. The Union player didn't get kicked out of the game so he had to sit in the penalty box watching the 4 goals against. Definitely a case of going to the penalty box and feeling shame.

MikeEruzione11
(@mikeeruzione11)
Brooks Level Golden

Posted by: @maroon_and_gold

Also what’s up with cloud tying Miami twice at home

Definitely a rough couple weeks for them. Lost Dylan Anhorn for the season and fallen to 7 in the pairwise. 

College Hockey Addict
(@collegehockeyaddict)
Mariucci Level

For everyone saying the dawgs are back after last weekend. Yeah, no, they’re not. 

Duluth struggled again this weekend to score (3 goals total for the weekend). For the season they've scored 69 goals in 28 games which is less than 2.5 goals per game.

Having to win games 2-1 is not sustainable. No team can play that well defensively consistently.

For comparison the Gophers have scored 115 goals in 28 games which is 4.1 goals per game. 

Duluth's reduced home crowds are a direct result of fans getting tired of going to games and not seeing them score.

maroon and gold
(@maroon_and_gold)
Mariucci Level

Penn State’s fan base seems to be under the illusion that they’re in some sort of “second half slide”. Or maybe they just ran out of non conference opponents to play. Seriously, you don’t have to be Einstein to put that together. 

thinkbui
(@thinkbui)
Stauber Level
Rep Pts: 933
Post on old board: 11106

If they need the kind of caliber opponent they went 10-0 against just to make themselves feel better, they could always travel to 4-16 UAA during their bye.

Trigeminal Neuralgia Awareness
Not every disease is visible. Not every pain comes from an obvious wound. Some people you see day-to-day may be suffering in ways you or I may never understand and fighting just to live a normal life. Please consider contributing to the Facial Pain Association and together we can find a cure.

Slap Shot
(@slap-shot)
Mariucci Level Golden

Penn State’s fan base seems to be under the illusion that they’re in some sort of “second half slide”. Or maybe they just ran out of non conference opponents to play. Seriously, you don’t have to be Einstein to put that together. 

They're tied for 2nd in the conference. Are you saying the BTHC is weak?

maroon and gold
(@maroon_and_gold)
Mariucci Level

Posted by: @slap-shot

They're tied for 2nd in the conference. Are you saying the BTHC is weak?

Quite the opposite. Read what I said. 

YoungEagle
(@youngeagle)
Leopold Level Golden
Rep Pts: 1874

Great to see St. Thomas split with MSU-Mankato this weekend.  That’s a big early moment for their program.  

'29, '40, '74, '76, '79, '02, & '03
GPL's Resident Cabin Enthusiast & Cadets Hockey Fan

maroon and gold
(@maroon_and_gold)
Mariucci Level

Running through goofy scenarios in my head while looking at the Big 10 standings. Here’s a fun one: Penn State could be a 1 seed in the NCAA tourney (top 4 pairwise) but not have home ice in the Big 10 tourney. 

upnorthkid
(@upnorthkid)
Broten Level
Rep Pts: 2533

Posted by: @frozen4champs

https://twitter.com/ToddMilewski/status/1622060273585586176

yeesh

thinkbui
(@thinkbui)
Stauber Level

Judging by the box score, it looks like it was an awful night for Jared Moe.  Obviously stats don't always tell the whole story, but 5 GA versus only 12 saves and pulled after only 13:50 in goal.

Not every disease is visible. Not every pain comes from an obvious wound. Some people you see day-to-day may be suffering in ways you or I may never understand and fighting just to live a normal life. Please consider contributing to the Facial Pain Association and together we can find a cure.

Delafield Gopher
(@delafield-gopher)
Lucia Level
Rep Pts: 64

@thinkbui I don't know why (well, the Gophers were off but still-no one should watch that voluntarily) but I watched it all. 

It certainly wasn't his best night, but playing goalie behind that squad just isn't right.   It could have been worse.  Bucky is THAT bad.

Kelly Red
(@kelly-red)
Broten Level Golden
Rep Pts: 2402

Does anyone have video of the Cornell 4 goals in 54 seconds?  

Note: Due to inflation dirty deeds will no longer be done dirt cheap.

Iceburg
(@iceburg)
Broten Level Golden
Rep Pts: 2876
Post on old board: 7833

Posted by: @kelly-red

Didn’t watch this so not sure if it’s exactly what you are hoping for 

thinkbui
(@thinkbui)
Stauber Level

Posted by: @delafield-gopher

@thinkbui I don't know why (well, the Gophers were off but still-no one should watch that voluntarily) but I watched it all. 

It certainly wasn't his best night, but playing goalie behind that squad just isn't right.   It could have been worse.  Bucky is THAT bad.

They're certainly in the unenviable position where if Moe has a good night, they might have a shot albeit remote; if he has an off night, they're screwed.  Kind of reminds me when I was growing up and hearing my dad and uncles griping to each other about how the Vikings' punter was the only good player on the team at the time and dreading when he went down injured.

Bertogliat
(@bertogliat)
Brooks Level Golden
Rep Pts: 4508
Post on old board: 12555

Posted by: @iceburg

Looks like the first 5 goals were all on the PP with the 6th coming just after the PP expired and there were still  only four Union players in the play.

The first goal was a scored during minor penalty but the next essentially 5 PP goals all came off the last 3:30 a major.  OMG.  That's demoralizing.

frozen4champs
(@frozen4champs)
Mayasich Level Golden
Topic starter  

The top 4 stay the same. A few teams are shuffled around. 2 new teams enter the poll tied at #20

https://twitter.com/USCHO/status/1622649129712091165

I'm 50% factual and 50% sarcastic. When you get to know me, you will know which is which.

Bertogliat
(@bertogliat)
Brooks Level Golden

Now that they have everyone back, I'd say Michigan is probably the best team in the country right now.  Minnesota can obviously hang with Michigan and beat them on any night, but the only reason Michigan is sitting at number 5 in this poll is because they had a tough mid-season slump when they were hit with illness and some of their best players were out of the lineup.

As a Gopher Fan I fear Michigan more than any other team on this list.  Hopefully the Gophers play the Wolverines in the B1G tourney for a fierce pre-NCAA tourney tune up.

MikeEruzione11
(@mikeeruzione11)
Brooks Level Golden

Posted by: @bertogliat

Now that they have everyone back, I'd say Michigan is probably the best team in the country right now.  Minnesota can obviously hang with Michigan and beat them on any night, but the only reason Michigan is sitting at number 5 in this poll is because they had a tough mid-season slump when they were hit with illness and some of their best players were out of the lineup.

As a Gopher Fan I fear Michigan more than any other team on this list.  Hopefully the Gophers play the Wolverines in the B1G tourney for a fierce pre-NCAA tourney tune up.

I agree with Michigan being the scariest team to play.

I personally  think the Gophers are slightly better than Michigan just because of their depth defensively. A Big Ten championship rematch at Mariucci is very very exciting to think about. 

Slap Shot
(@slap-shot)
Mariucci Level Golden

In a one-and-done no team should be taken lightly, but Michigan and Denver would be the two teams I think are the scariest to play.

Kelly Red
(@kelly-red)
Broten Level Golden
Rep Pts: 2402

Posted by: @iceburg

I think that’s it.  That’s just sad.

Note: Due to inflation dirty deeds will no longer be done dirt cheap.

maroon and gold
(@maroon_and_gold)
Mariucci Level

Don’t think they’re as good as us. Our defense actually defend. But they are extremely dangerous. Definitely a top 4 team. 

thinkbui
(@thinkbui)
Stauber Level

I agree.  We'd still beat them most games, but can't look past them in March/April.  I still question how they'll do in the postseason largely because of the coaching situation, but they've managed to hang on to a top 10 spot in the PWR for much of the season despite all the adversity they've had to face, so the sky's the limit now that they're more or less full strength.

Bertogliat
(@bertogliat)
Brooks Level Golden

Michigan had the Gophers on the ropes both nights at Mariucci and the Gophers found a way to pop in a late 3rd period goal each night to top tie it up.

In that Friday game Michigan chose to sit back with the lead and play defense for the whole 3rd period.  It eventually backfired.  I don't know if the coach would make that same mistake against the Gophers come tourney time.  Don't get me wrong, I think the teams are very close in overall play.  But if I had to lay down a large wager on a one and done game on neutral ice, I would probably pick Michigan and pray for MN.

That said, I'd love for the Gophers to play Michigan on a Saturday in April.

maroon and gold
(@maroon_and_gold)
Mariucci Level

@bertogliat 

Thats why they play the full 60?. If you look at it from the other angle Michigan has trouble closing out games. 

Both are very good teams and both earned their 3 points in that series at Mariucci. Gophs were the better team Friday, Michigan the better team Saturday. They’re definitely a team that’s trending upward I’ll give them that. 

Suffering Sota Fan
(@sufferingsotafan)
Wooger Level Golden
Rep Pts: 344

Michigan had the Gophers on the ropes both nights at Mariucci and the Gophers found a way to pop in a late 3rd period goal each night to top tie it up.

In that Friday game Michigan chose to sit back with the lead and play defense for the whole 3rd period.  It eventually backfired.  I don't know if the coach would make that same mistake against the Gophers come tourney time.  Don't get me wrong, I think the teams are very close in overall play.  But if I had to lay down a large wager on a one and done game on neutral ice, I would probably pick Michigan and pray for MN.

If we get the Big Ten Championship game rematch vs Michigan I predict the beers at Mariucci will be thrown in the air in celebration, rather than in disgust at the refs like last year. 

Rau4SkiUMah reacted
Rau4SkiUMah
(@rau4skiumah)
Broten Level
Rep Pts: 2458

I think if both teams are on their A game we see a Minnesota victory. But that’s always a big “if”. 

Greyeagle
(@greyeagle)
Mayasich Level Moderator Golden
Rep Pts: 11346
Post on old board: 21741

MN is more disciplined and u-mi is......well MN is more disciplined.  

“When your best friend is the son of God, you get tired of losing every argument.”

― Christopher Moore, Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

grothm01
(@grothm01)
Wooger Level
Rep Pts: 255

Posted by: @sufferingsotafan

If we get the Big Ten Championship game rematch vs Michigan I predict the beers at Mariucci will be thrown in the air in celebration, rather than in disgust at the refs like last year. 

Or maybe a Pitlick stick into the crowd.

Rau4SkiUMah reacted

Greyeagle
(@greyeagle)

Crazy ending in the first semifinal of The Beanpot. 

https://twitter.com/TeamECH/status/1622761356473651200?s=20&t=6n1wFSBGmfVuXZXMJheTSg

“When your best friend is the son of God, you get tired of losing every argument.”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

gator reacted
gator
(@gator)
Brooks Level Golden
Rep Pts: 5940
Post on old board: 16243

Marek Hejduk, former NHL’er Milan Hejduk's son.

Keep your stick on the ice...

Snowcool08
(@snowcool08)
Bonin Level Golden
Rep Pts: 1226
Post on old board: 6069

I was hoping the Beanpot would be on ESPN+ or NHLN. It’s not on either. Bummer. 

Greyeagle
(@greyeagle)

Posted by: @snowcool08

I was hoping the Beanpot would be on ESPN+ or NHLN. It’s not on either. Bummer. 

So was I.

frozen4champs
(@frozen4champs)
Mayasich Level Golden
Topic starter  

Watching it now. Lane Hutson is the real deal for BU.

maroon and gold
(@maroon_and_gold)
Mariucci Level

Upset watch: #3 BU down 2-0 after 2

Greyeagle
(@greyeagle)

I saw something earlier today that NU and HU have either never faced each other for a Beanpot title or it's been decades since they have.

College Hockey Addict
(@collegehockeyaddict)
Mariucci Level

Oh no @greyeagle going to jinx it? ? 

Greyeagle
(@greyeagle)

If NU gacks it up because I bring up a wee bit of history they deserve to lose!

frozen4champs
(@frozen4champs)
Mayasich Level Golden
Topic starter  

No one playing in the Beanpot are Gopher rivals, so the GPL jinx is not in effect.  GE is in the clear. ? 

Greyeagle
(@greyeagle)

No one the Beanpot are Gopher rivals, so he is in the clear. ? 

Plus I don't buy into any of that crap.

SHUTOUT!

NO HITTER!!

College Hockey Addict
(@collegehockeyaddict)
Mariucci Level

No one playing in the Beanpot are Gopher rivals, so the GPL jinx is not in effect.  GE is in the clear. ? 

1970s/1980s Gophers think differently. Gophers/BU was definitely a rivalry back then (see Miracle on Ice).

BTW I am just being silly on the jinx comment.

This shows every Beanpot result. Harvard has won it 11 times and Northeastern has won it 7 times but  this appears to confirm that they have never played each other in the finals. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beanpot_(ice_hockey)

College Hockey Addict
(@collegehockeyaddict)
Mariucci Level

Posted by: @greyeagle

No one the Beanpot are Gopher rivals, so he is in the clear. ? 

Plus I don't buy into any of that crap.

SHUTOUT!

NO HITTER!!

Did you by any chance mention that Gary Anderson hasn't missed a kick all season with around 2 and half minutes to go in the 4th quarter of Vikings game against Atlanta in January 1999? ? 

Rau4SkiUMah reacted
kennyjsod
(@kennyjsod)
Lucia Level Golden
Rep Pts: 36

@greyeagle It seems mathemactially impossible that NE and Harvard have never played in the championship game when only four teams are in the tournament.  However, you are correct,  USCHO says that this is the first time in the 71 year history of the Beanpot that NE and Harvard are playing in the title game.

I was there in 1976, 1979 and 2002.

YoungEagle
(@youngeagle)
Leopold Level Golden
Rep Pts: 1874

Considering they’ve played this tournament 70 times it’s amazing this has never happened. Points to the dominance BU/BC have had in their histories. 

'29, '40, '74, '76, '79, '02, & '03
GPL's Resident Cabin Enthusiast & Cadets Hockey Fan

Page 18 / 44