88 Users
746 Reactions
72 K Views
College Hockey Addict
(@collegehockeyaddict)
Mariucci Level
Rep Pts: 8136

Posted by: @cowgirl

Don’t forget Brandon Bochenski who tried to give away his money…..er, his fake money…?

That year at the Final Five I brought a sign that said "Bochenski Bucks" with Monoplay money all over it. The Sue fans sitting around me looked at the sign shaking their heads at me basically saying damn why you got to do us like that but acknowledging yep you got us good.

That year they had letters that spelled out mediocre. They would put them up every time the rouser played and Gophers fans started spelling out Minnesota. I told them I hope you get a chance to use those letters many times when we are spelling out Minnesota after Gopher goals. The best part of this was when ever somebody in their group would leave to go get beer and/or use the rest room they would get out of order so multiple times they put the letters up out of order. I gave them crap for that every time they messed up. Spelling is difficult. ? #FunTimes

maroon and gold
(@maroon_and_gold)
Mariucci Level
Rep Pts: 7906

Posted by: @handyman

Posted by: @bigbeer

Posted by: @bertogliat

Duluth is awful this year.  Their fans deserve that.

Not to pile on you personally but let’s not revel in UMD having a down year. We should be better than that. Respect. 

Why?  I keep being told they are a rival...spit on rivals whenever possible. 

Not literally, Fantilli!

HandyNotDan
(@handyman)
Brooks Level Golden
Rep Pts: 4878
Post on old board: 28736

Posted by: @maroon_and_gold

Not to pile on you personally but let’s not revel in UMD having a down year. We should be better than that. Respect. 

Not literally, Fantilli!

Star Trek Applause GIF

Bigbeer
(@bigbeer)
Brooks Level Golden
Rep Pts: 4200
Post on old board: 9428

Let’s reserve that for NoDakers. 

bearpaw28 reacted
F Da Sue
(@f-da-sue)
Lucia Level Golden
Rep Pts: 105

Posted by: @karlsson

Posted by: @norm

Posted by: @collegehockeyaddict

Posted by: @gator

Posted by: @kelly-red

And the Hobey is supposed to be more than just numbers.  It’s class, community service, overall game.  I don’t think freshman have proven themselves just because they’re a good player, it’s being well rounded. 

Two freshmen have won the Hobey... Paul Kariya ('93) and Jack Eichel (2015). And if a % if it is based on class and community service, that alone should eliminate any UND player... lol!!!

Sue players are known for their giving such as tossing out dinner ware, a kitchen table, and a lawn mower for anybody to have. ? 

https://thehockeynews.com/news/canadian-hockey-player-matt-frattin-dismissed-from-university-of-north-dakota

And Danny Kristo sacrificed his toes for his community.

Don’t forget Brandon Bochenski who tried to give away his money…..er, his fake money…?

Hey, he’s the mayor now. That should check off the community box!

talking episode 11 GIF

And a convicted felon.

gator
(@gator)
Brooks Level Golden
Rep Pts: 5940
Post on old board: 16243

Posted by: @collegehockeyaddict

That year at the Final Five I brought a sign that said "Bochenski Bucks" with Monoplay money all over it. The Sue fans sitting around me looked at the sign shaking their heads at me basically saying damn why you got to do us like that but acknowledging yep you got us good.

I remember "Bochenski Bucks"... that was a good one!!! Also, the guys who would sit at the end UND would warmup and they would stick their feet on the dasher wearing black socks Kristo.

Keep your stick on the ice...

gator
(@gator)
Brooks Level Golden

I've shared this before... UND fans are complete trash. In all the Final 5's and Frozen Fours I worked. UND fans are the creme of crop when it comes to trash fan bases. Every tourney, security would kick out more UND fans then all other fans total. Plus, the destruction they have done to the "X" is crazy. Though they would go nuts if anyone or any fanbase would treat the nazi bunker like they treat other arenas. 

MinnesotaKnies218
(@minnesota_knies218)
Micheletti Level
Rep Pts: 675

Duluth 2 - whioux 1

ha ha simpsons GIF

maroon and gold
(@maroon_and_gold)
Mariucci Level

And in complete irony the toilet bowl series ends in a tie. No one wins. 

streakygopher
(@streakygopher)
Broten Level Golden
Rep Pts: 2669
Post on old board: 15478

Some big losses near the top. Denver and Q both toppled.

maroon and gold
(@maroon_and_gold)
Mariucci Level

Posted by: @streakygopher

Some big losses near the top. Denver and Q both toppled.

Either us or cloud in the craved #1 poll spot

The Rube
(@the-rube)
Mariucci Level Golden
Rep Pts: 8302
Post on old board: 35040

Bucci's poll:
1 St Cloud St 2 Minnesota 3 Quinnipiac 4 Boston University 5 Penn St 6 Michigan

When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the United States you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

MikeEruzione11
(@mikeeruzione11)
Brooks Level Golden
Rep Pts: 4808

Major props to Penn State this season, didn’t have them being 3rd in the pairwise on January 21st

frozen4champs
(@frozen4champs)
Mayasich Level Golden
Rep Pts: 13274
Post on old board: 9626
Topic starter  

Even Reusse thinks it is time for a coaching change in Madison.

https://twitter.com/Patrick_Reusse/status/1617226213495291904

I'm 50% factual and 50% sarcastic. When you get to know me, you will know which is which.

JWG
 JWG
(@jwg)
Leopold Level Golden
Rep Pts: 1870
Post on old board: 8686

I love Granato. Hope he stays forever. Not his fault, they’re a football school. 

Bertogliat
(@bertogliat)
Brooks Level Golden
Rep Pts: 4510
Post on old board: 12555

Reusse is a non hockey guy and a troll.  Don't read his tweets.  He needs to go away.

gopher6
(@gopher6)
Bonin Level
Rep Pts: 1332
Post on old board: 5547

frozen4champs
(@frozen4champs)
Mayasich Level Golden
Topic starter  

Reusse doesn't bother me. If I were a Gopher Football fan and an admirer of Phil Fleck, I'm sure his non stop trolling of the football team would be irritating as they seem to be his main target. On certain subjects, he is a fascinating storyteller and a pretty good columnist, but I can see where he can rub people the wrong way.  Plus, he could really get under Sid's skin, so I admire him for that.

I'm 50% factual and 50% sarcastic. When you get to know me, you will know which is which.

Steve MN
(@steve-mn)
Brooks Level Golden
Rep Pts: 5062
Post on old board: 10695

Posted by: @frozen4champs

Plus, he could really get under Sid's skin, so I admire him for that.

His greatest attribute.

B1G refs... corrupt, or just incompetent?

Slap Shot
(@slap-shot)
Mariucci Level Golden
Rep Pts: 7905
Post on old board: 18942

He has good stories to tell but often the execution was awful as in he started a story half-way through, it ended abruptly while seemingly missing some important context, and/or there were inconceivable twists and turns. It's as if half the time he began writing 30 minutes before deadline.

frozen4champs
(@frozen4champs)
Mayasich Level Golden
Topic starter  

Jan Brady's top point producing defenseman

https://twitter.com/MickHatten/status/1617682238036140032

Slap Shot
(@slap-shot)
Mariucci Level Golden

That sucks.

MikeEruzione11
(@mikeeruzione11)
Brooks Level Golden

Damn. That’s a huge blow to their team. 

Greyeagle
(@greyeagle)
Mayasich Level Moderator Golden
Rep Pts: 11348
Post on old board: 21741

Bummer, hate to see that happen to anyone.

“When your best friend is the son of God, you get tired of losing every argument.”

― Christopher Moore, Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

maroon and gold
(@maroon_and_gold)
Mariucci Level

That’s terrible. Gotta feel for him and the team. 

The Rube
(@the-rube)
Mariucci Level Golden

Per Buccigross:

Sports fact of the day: Minnesota produces 12% of all Division I men’s hockey players and 21% of all Division I women’s players. Minnesotans make up 19% of Americans playing Division I men’s hockey and 33% of Americans playing Division I women’s hockey.

That's kind of insane. 

When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the United States you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

MinnesotaKnies218
(@minnesota_knies218)
Micheletti Level
Rep Pts: 675

Posted by: @the-rube

Per Buccigross:

Sports fact of the day: Minnesota produces 12% of all Division I men’s hockey players and 21% of all Division I women’s players. Minnesotans make up 19% of Americans playing Division I men’s hockey and 33% of Americans playing Division I women’s hockey.

That's kind of insane. 

State of Hockey

Cowgirl reacted
Eric Vegoe
(@eric-vegoe)
Bonin Level
Rep Pts: 1392

Per Buccigross:

That's kind of insane. 

Weird... it's like the community model Minnesota prioritizes and protects works to keep kids playing the longest and produces the most players in the end. When you start telling people the top of the pyramid is established by the time they're in third grade, the people who aren't at the top get discouraged and quit.

coondog, SkiUMahLaw, Driftryder and 4 people reacted

Steve MN
(@steve-mn)
Brooks Level Golden

Posted by: @eric-vegoe

Per Buccigross:

That's kind of insane. 

Weird... it's like the community model Minnesota prioritizes and protects works to keep kids playing the longest and produces the most players in the end. When you start telling people the top of the pyramid is established by the time they're in third grade, the people who aren't at the top get discouraged and quit.

Next, you're going to tell me that a kid's skill level and physical ability haven't been fully developed and understood at age 11, aren't you?

gator reacted
gator
(@gator)
Brooks Level Golden

@eric-vegoe 

I'm old school when it comes to youth sports. When I first moved here to Minnesota nearly 30 years ago after high school for college. I thought it was crazy that all these youth levels were having State Tourneys and championships. I believe the youth levels until high school varsity are for teaching and developing.  Not worrying about winning or losing. Teaching the game and developing the game.  Everyone plays and no one gets cut.  I also believe it's possible that some of the best players for that sport sits in the stands, cause like you said they got discouraged and quit. Cause youth coaches were to worried, thinking they had the next great thing at the youth level and overlooked and didn't give time to the kid or kids who haven't quite developed yet. Even after 30 years, I still think having State Tourney's and ranking teams prior to high school varsity is nuts.

Eric Vegoe
(@eric-vegoe)
Bonin Level
Rep Pts: 1392

Even after 30 years, I still think having State Tourney's and ranking teams prior to high school varsity is nuts.

Norway gets it.

They don't allow regional championships before age 11 or national championships before age 13. FYI - Norway has about the exact same population as Minnesota.

“It’s impossible to say at 8 or 10 or 12 who is going to be talented in school or sport. That takes another 10 years. Our priority is the child becoming self-reflective about their bodies and minds.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/28/sports/norway-youth-sports-model.html

coondog, Steve MN, Cowgirl and 1 people reacted
Slap Shot
(@slap-shot)
Mariucci Level Golden

@eric-vegoe 

I'm old school when it comes to youth sports. When I first moved here to Minnesota nearly 30 years ago after high school for college. I thought it was crazy that all these youth levels were having State Tourneys and championships. I believe the youth levels until high school varsity are for teaching and developing.

Wasn't it already stated that MN puts more kids into college and the pros than anywhere else - now the youth model is in question?  Also I don't believe there is a state tournament in MN until 12U.  There's also a state tournament at that age for baseball including the LLWS. 

Upon checking MA has a state tournament for 10U as does WI. That's as far as I searched.  I mean  MN has twice as many youth participants per capita than MI and it's 52% higher than MA.

Also when you said this "I also believe it's possible that some of the best players for that sport sits in the stands, cause like you said they got discouraged and quit" it seems to be at odds with the below comment from Vegoe :

Weird... it's like the community model Minnesota prioritizes and protects works to keep kids playing the longest and produces the most players in the end. Whe"n you start telling people the top of the pyramid is established by the time they're in third grade, the people who aren't at the top get discouraged and quit.

MikeEruzione11
(@mikeeruzione11)
Brooks Level Golden

Hoping Duluth can beat St. Cloud @Amsoil this weekend and maybe give us some breathing room in the pairwise. 

Penn State travels to Yost to play Michigan this weekend.

Boston U and Boston College have a home and home series.

Should be a great weekend of hockey!

Rau4SkiUMah reacted
streakygopher
(@streakygopher)
Broten Level Golden
Rep Pts: 2669
Post on old board: 15478

Posted by: @slap-shot

@eric-vegoe 

I'm old school when it comes to youth sports. When I first moved here to Minnesota nearly 30 years ago after high school for college. I thought it was crazy that all these youth levels were having State Tourneys and championships. I believe the youth levels until high school varsity are for teaching and developing.

Wasn't it already stated that MN puts more kids into college and the pros than anywhere else - now the youth model is in question?  Also I don't believe there is a state tournament in MN until 12U.  There's also a state tournament at that age for baseball including the LLWS. 

Upon checking MA has a state tournament for 10U as does WI. That's as far as I searched.  I mean  MN has twice as many youth participants per capita than MI and it's 52% higher than MA.

Also when you said this "I also believe it's possible that some of the best players for that sport sits in the stands, cause like you said they got discouraged and quit" it seems to be at odds with the below comment from Vegoe :

Weird... it's like the community model Minnesota prioritizes and protects works to keep kids playing the longest and produces the most players in the end. Whe"n you start telling people the top of the pyramid is established by the time they're in third grade, the people who aren't at the top get discouraged and quit.

Penn State with a sour taste in their mouths versus a Michigan team coming off a solid weekend.

Does MI keep the momentum going, or is this a letdown series for them? Should be a good one.

gator
(@gator)
Brooks Level Golden

Lots of empty seats for SCSU @ UMD.  According to a grown man who bleaches his hair and wears a light on his head that's not true. It's only Mariucci that has empty seats.

The Rube
(@the-rube)
Mariucci Level Golden

Lots of empty seats for SCSU @ UMD.  According to a grown man who bleaches his hair and wears a light on his head that's not true. It's only Mariucci that has empty seats.

The game is on Fox9+ so people can tune in and judge for themselves. 

Greyeagle
(@greyeagle)

Boy is 15 from SCSU an ass. 

“When your best friend is the son of God, you get tired of losing every argument.”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gopherguy05
(@gopherguy05)
Stauber Level
Rep Pts: 877
Post on old board: 5335

Posted by: @greyeagle

No crap. Not one but two cheap shots and somehow the refs missed them both. 

Greyeagle
(@greyeagle)

The first one also took out a ref, could/should earn a phone call from the league.

gator
(@gator)
Brooks Level Golden

Posted by: @gopherguy05

Posted by: @greyeagle

No crap. Not one but two cheap shots and somehow the refs missed them both. 

I like his play (didn't see the cheap shots)... stood out at Grand Rapids whenever he was on the ice. 

MikeEruzione11
(@mikeeruzione11)
Brooks Level Golden

Thank you Duluth! Gophers get some breathing room in that #1 pairwise position. 

maroon and gold
(@maroon_and_gold)
Mariucci Level

Why the hell did a loss to the #1 team tank MSU’s pairwise so bad

Viking
(@viking)
Micheletti Level Golden
Rep Pts: 571

The four teams that passed them all won.

Steve MN reacted
Steve MN
(@steve-mn)
Brooks Level Golden

Posted by: @viking

The four teams that passed them all won.

Exactly this.  PWR is dominated by the RPI.  It's not only one of the comparisons itself, but is also the tiebreaker, and there's a band of very close RPIs in that range, so any loss by one of the teams in that grouping mixed with wins by other teams makes for a big shake-up.

Interestingly, CHN and USCHO have different RPI numbers for some of those teams, so right now, CHN has Sparty at 17 in the PWR, while USCHO has them at 15.  I wonder if they're implementing the OT win % differently.

The Rube
(@the-rube)
Mariucci Level Golden

tUMD is crushing SCSU, again, tonight. Wow. 

Cowgirl
(@cowgirl)
Mariucci Level Golden
Rep Pts: 7719
Post on old board: 10120

I feel gross wanting the ugly helmets to win but I turned on the game and they’ve scored three goals and are now on top.
??

gopheritall
(@gopheritall)
Micheletti Level Golden
Rep Pts: 606

I feel gross wanting the ugly helmets to win but I turned on the game and they’ve scored three goals and are now on top.
??

I don't understand wanting them to win. Seems like crazy talk to me.

Composer
(@composer)
Stauber Level Golden
Rep Pts: 771

??

I don’t want them to win.  I do prefer that they win, though…

Cowgirl reacted
The Rube
(@the-rube)
Mariucci Level Golden

I want any team that can help us in the PWR to win. So, I want tUMD to win to keep the #1 PWR, but I don't want SCSU to lose enough to drop and face some cupcake team in the tourney and advance. It's a delicate balance. 

Gopherguy05
(@gopherguy05)
Stauber Level
Rep Pts: 877
Post on old board: 5335

Luke Hughes with 4 tonight in the win for Michigan. 

PSU elimination in Big Ten now 3 points away..

Page 15 / 44