87 Users
699 Reactions
56.5 K Views
HandyNotDan
(@handyman)
Brooks Level Golden
Rep Pts: 4878
Post on old board: 28736

Bonin tries so hard on the football board to get his shtick to work and it fails so hard.  That place has real eyores not frauds like him.

trixR4kids reacted
frozen4champs
(@frozen4champs)
Mayasich Level Golden
Rep Pts: 13288
Post on old board: 9626

Banner #1 down...

https://twitter.com/GopherHockey/status/1626409443872366594

I'm 50% factual and 50% sarcastic. When you get to know me, you will know which is which.

MikeEruzione11, Steve MN, gator and 2 people reacted
Cowgirl
(@cowgirl)
Mariucci Level Golden
Rep Pts: 7722
Post on old board: 10120

the eye flames GIF

trixR4kids, Steve MN, Rau4SkiUMah and 1 people reacted
College Hockey Addict
(@collegehockeyaddict)
Mariucci Level
Rep Pts: 8136

It should be three straight and 7 of 10. The covid season (2020/2021) the Gophers got screwed due a stupid ruling on how the league handled the difference in amount of conference games played. 

The Gophers OWN the Big Ten!!!

trixR4kids and Steve MN reacted
Greyeagle
(@greyeagle)
Mayasich Level Moderator Golden
Rep Pts: 11350
Post on old board: 21741

College Sports Cape GIF by Minnesota Gophers

“When your best friend is the son of God, you get tired of losing every argument.”

― Christopher Moore, Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

gator reacted
JWG
 JWG
(@jwg)
Leopold Level Golden
Rep Pts: 1870
Post on old board: 8686

Such an anti-climatic championship. Not even playing today. 
OSU won in the shootout taking 2 points from Michigan. 

Cowgirl
(@cowgirl)
Mariucci Level Golden
Rep Pts: 7722
Post on old board: 10120

And you can already get a commemorative overpriced shirt! Be sure to secure yours today!  

https://goldcountry.com/mn-hky-23-b10-champs-lr-ss

frozen4champs
(@frozen4champs)
Mayasich Level Golden
Rep Pts: 13288
Post on old board: 9626

Posted by: @cowgirl

And you can already get a commemorative overpriced shirt! Be sure to secure yours today!  

They have a lot of other new Gopher hockey apparel as well.

I'm 50% factual and 50% sarcastic. When you get to know me, you will know which is which.

College Hockey Addict
(@collegehockeyaddict)
Mariucci Level

In related news, due to Faber and Chesley being unavailable to play the Gophers will have the Big Ten trophy sitting on their bench this weekend as their 13th forward/7th defensemen/extra skater. Being Minnesota nice we figured we would let Penn State get a chance to see it. ? 

trixR4kids reacted
gator
(@gator)
Brooks Level Golden
Rep Pts: 5940
Post on old board: 16243

To all the simple minded Gopher fans… this is a money grab, not shrinking the rink. 

Keep your stick on the ice...

HandyNotDan
(@handyman)
Brooks Level Golden

Will someone tell al the people who freaked out after the BADger series?

The Rube
(@the-rube)
Mariucci Level Golden
Rep Pts: 8306
Post on old board: 35040

I never understood division/conference title shirts/etc. National title? Sure. Other than that, just hang another banner. Whoopee. 

When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the United States you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

gator and Jupiter ♃ reacted
College Hockey Addict
(@collegehockeyaddict)
Mariucci Level

Posted by: @the-rube

I never understood division/conference title shirts/etc. National title? Sure. Other than that, just hang another banner. Whoopee. 

If this was the case I would never have anything to wear. ?  

As a life long Minnesota sports fan at times I feel the need to poke fun about this (the lack of championships) and in doing so try to keep a sense of humor about it.

gator
(@gator)
Brooks Level Golden

Just think, there are Twins fans out that bought shirts for just making the Wild Card game.

The Rube
(@the-rube)
Mariucci Level Golden

Posted by: @gator

Just think, there are Twins fans out that bought shirts for just making the Wild Card game.

That's just sad. I understand "Support the team" mentality, but c'mon, there's a line that you don't need to cross. 

When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the United States you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

trixR4kids
(@trixr4kids)
Broten Level
Rep Pts: 2199
Post on old board: 15139

Posted by: @collegehockeyaddict

In related news, due to Faber and Chesley being unavailable to play the Gophers will have the Big Ten trophy sitting on their bench this weekend as their 13th forward/7th defensemen/extra skater. Being Minnesota nice we figured we would let Penn State get a chance to see it. ? 

Can put it next to the lion with the maroon and gold scarf ? 

Posted by: @handyman

Will someone tell al the people who freaked out after the BADger series?

As already discussed he posts on a different forum now 😀

trixR4kids
(@trixr4kids)
Broten Level
Rep Pts: 2199
Post on old board: 15139

That's just sad. I understand "Support the team" mentality, but c'mon, there's a line that you don't need to cross. 

If the NCAA tourney format wasn’t so garbage and inconsistent with a sport that has more of a luck factor than any other team sport I can think of then I’d agree. But winning the hardest conference (not to mention the OOC play) is probably more impressive or at the very least a better measure of consistency and true talent level of a team. 

max27t, HandyNotDan, frozen4champs and 1 people reacted
Chris83
(@chris83)
Bonin Level Golden
Rep Pts: 1348
Post on old board: 5215

Just moments after the OSU-Michigan result posted, there were presentation shows of these on both QVC and HSN!!!  ? ? 

gator reacted
Greyeagle
(@greyeagle)

Posted by: @chris83
Just moments after the OSU-Michigan result posted, there were presentation shows of these on both QVC and HSN!!!  ? ? 

Dude...really?  You either need a hobby or a better TV provider! ? 

“When your best friend is the son of God, you get tired of losing every argument.”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chris83 and gator reacted
gator
(@gator)
Brooks Level Golden

Posted by: @chris83

there were presentation shows of these on both QVC and HSN!!!  ? ? 

Back in the 90's you could buy some good memorabilia and items of your favorite sports team on QVC. 

Chris83 reacted
HandyNotDan
(@handyman)
Brooks Level Golden

Yeah how dare they do something that makes them happy... 

It's their money and their choice so no offense but who are you to judge?

Edit to add: when I was younger one of my favorite shirts to wear was a Gopher Basketball NIT title shirt.  I guess I was just sad though...

Greyeagle reacted

College Hockey Addict
(@collegehockeyaddict)
Mariucci Level

Posted by: @trixr4kids

If the NCAA tourney format wasn’t so garbage and inconsistent with a sport that has more of a luck factor than any other team sport I can think of then I’d agree. But winning the hardest conference (not to mention the OOC play) is probably more impressive or at the very least a better measure of consistency and true talent level of a team. 

The NCAA should put this person in charge of the determining the playoff format.

https://twitter.com/barstoolsports/status/1626436285652152321

JoeGopher
(@joegopher)
Wooger Level
Rep Pts: 336

To all the simple minded Gopher fans… this is a money grab, not shrinking the rink. 

I assume you are referring to the change in seating and the new ice surface happening this year and not a t-shirt?  If so, you are off the mark a bit.  It has been well known for years that they were going to have to replace the refrigeration system for the ice due to a decreasing supply of the refrigerant type and changes in EPA regs.

Could they have replaced the ice plant and not made a change to he rink size?  Sure.  But why remain as one of the few teams that have Olympic ice when you have to dig up the whole floor to begin with?  Making the shift to a rink that's closer to NHL size only makes sense.  The added benefit of adding a couple hundred seats is a bonus, but surely won't cover the cost of replacing the refrigeration system.

Steve MN
(@steve-mn)
Brooks Level Golden
Rep Pts: 5066
Post on old board: 10695

Posted by: @joegopher

I assume you are referring to the change in seating and the new ice surface happening this year and not a t-shirt?  If so, you are off the mark a bit.  It has been well known for years that they were going to have to replace the refrigeration system for the ice due to a decreasing supply of the refrigerant type and changes in EPA regs.

Could they have replaced the ice plant and not made a change to he rink size?  Sure.  But why remain as one of the few teams that have Olympic ice when you have to dig up the whole floor to begin with?  Making the shift to a rink that's closer to NHL size only makes sense.  The added benefit of adding a couple hundred seats is a bonus, but surely won't cover the cost of replacing the refrigeration system.

Simpsons Thats The Joke GIF

B1G refs... corrupt, or just incompetent?

gator reacted
gator
(@gator)
Brooks Level Golden

@joegopher 

Not off the mark one bit. Like @steve-mn mentioned it’s a joke. A shot at the fans who post and reply on social media sites with no clue what they are talking about in regards of the ice sheet being downsized.

Steve MN reacted
Steve MN
(@steve-mn)
Brooks Level Golden

@joegopher 

Not off the mark one bit. Like @steve-mn mentioned it’s a joke. A shot at the fans who post and reply on social media sites with no clue what they are talking about in regards of the ice sheet being downsized.

I can understand maybe not wanting to shrink the ice because they like the Olympic sized sheet (you and I know one of those advocates, based on the FB comments), but I completely disagree with that viewpoint, we do need to shrink the ice.  This is, however, at least a defensible objection.

But, the additional seats (at least for now) are a side-effect of the ice shrinking, not the objective.  Plus, looking at the plans, they're going to be taking away more seats on the top of the end sections than are getting added now, so even the increased capacity is very temporary.

JoeGopher
(@joegopher)
Wooger Level
Rep Pts: 336

Posted by: @steve-mn

@joegopher 

I can understand maybe not wanting to shrink the ice because they like the Olympic sized sheet (you and I know one of those advocates, based on the FB comments), but I completely disagree with that viewpoint, we do need to shrink the ice.  This is, however, at least a defensible objection.

But, the additional seats (at least for now) is a side-effect of the ice shrinking, not the objective.  Plus, looking at the plans, they're going to be taking away more seats on the top of the end sections than are getting added now, so even the increased capacity is very temporary.

Once again, just another confirmation as to FakeBook being a complete cesspool and why I ditched it about 6 years ago.  Of course, that means I didn't get the joke, but I will survive!

Steve MN reacted
Steve MN
(@steve-mn)
Brooks Level Golden

I really don't watch FB that much.  Use messenger to keep in touch with some people more easily, scan for interesting memes/jokes/etc, but pretty much stay out of any comment, unless I'm looking for a good laugh like the bozos suggesting that shrinking the ice is a money-grab.

College Hockey Addict
(@collegehockeyaddict)
Mariucci Level

Posted by: @steve-mn

@joegopher 

But, the additional seats (at least for now) are a side-effect of the ice shrinking, not the objective.  Plus, looking at the plans, they're going to be taking away more seats on the top of the end sections than are getting added now, so even the increased capacity is very temporary.

Oh come on don't be fooled by the U of M they are purposely adding more lower seats by the ice because they want more expensive seats to sell to rich/corporate people and are removing higher seats by the concourse because they don't care about the true fans who sit in those seats. They are trying to kick us out. It all just a money grab to make more money and screw people who aren't rich. They don't care about us true fans.

Did I do this right? ? ? 

Steve MN
(@steve-mn)
Brooks Level Golden

Posted by: @collegehockeyaddict

Did I do this right? ? ? 

Yes, yes you did

Iceburg
(@iceburg)
Broten Level Golden
Rep Pts: 2900
Post on old board: 7833

If “Slap Shot, the Next Generation” ever comes to pass, Carl Fish is a lock.

https://www.therinklive.com/mens-division-1/big-10/playing-time-and-confidence-on-the-rise-carl-fish-is-bringing-east-side-excellence-to-the-gophers-blue-line

EDIT: What a dope I am, that story is a year old.

Season 3 Wtf GIF by The Simpsons

max27t reacted
Slap Shot
(@slap-shot)
Mariucci Level Golden
Rep Pts: 7905
Post on old board: 18942

There Is no next gen for yours truly.

Bertogliat
(@bertogliat)
Brooks Level Golden
Rep Pts: 4510
Post on old board: 12555

Yeah how dare they do something that makes them happy... 

It's their money and their choice so no offense but who are you to judge?

Edit to add: when I was younger one of my favorite shirts to wear was a Gopher Basketball NIT title shirt.  I guess I was just sad though...

Correct

ddillon22
(@ddillon22)
Wooger Level
Rep Pts: 203

It is hard to hold too high of a standard though.  I have shirts from roughly 20 and 21 years ago that are not looking good at all but I still have them because of my frozen four or more standard.  I need new T Shirts so that is my main goal for this season.

Steve MN
(@steve-mn)
Brooks Level Golden

I'm OK with Shirts/etc for regular season conference championships.  Those need to be earned.  National Championships are a no-brainer, of course. 

College Hockey Addict
(@collegehockeyaddict)
Mariucci Level

Posted by: @slap-shot

There Is no next gen for yours truly.

I've been waiting years for a new Slap Shot 2.0 to start posting on GPL. ? ? 

Slap Shot reacted
HandyNotDan
(@handyman)
Brooks Level Golden

Man this season is a disaster...

The Rube
(@the-rube)
Mariucci Level Golden

I know, I mean, we split with WI last week, and are only up 5-0 right now at PSU. Ugh. 

maroon and gold
(@maroon_and_gold)
Mariucci Level
Rep Pts: 7929

Man this season is a disaster...

Beat me to it. What has this program come to. 

Sunbone
(@sunbone)
Wooger Level Golden
Rep Pts: 244
Post on old board: 8761

@maroon_and_gold Has anyone here even come close to calling this season a disaster? ?‍♂️

gator reacted
maroon and gold
(@maroon_and_gold)
Mariucci Level
Rep Pts: 7929

No that’s the joke sunbone

trixR4kids reacted
Sunbone
(@sunbone)
Wooger Level Golden
Rep Pts: 244
Post on old board: 8761

@maroon_and_gold I should have replied to Handy because it isn’t a joke. He’s making fun of people for expressing concern about the play last weekend. And I just didn’t feel like any of the criticism for last weekend’s play was over the top.

HandyNotDan
(@handyman)
Brooks Level Golden

I'm poking fun at people who are going too far with it...especially people who have been around long enough to realize it.

trixR4kids and The Rube reacted
College Hockey Addict
(@collegehockeyaddict)
Mariucci Level

I'm poking fun at people who are going too far with it...especially people who have been around long enough to realize it.

The Gophers didn't even score in the 3rd and lost the period. They are clearly trending in the wrong direction.  

HandyNotDan reacted
Greyeagle
(@greyeagle)

I just looked up the definition of "fun" and kicking psu's arse was definition #2.  

HandyNotDan and Steve MN reacted
gator
(@gator)
Brooks Level Golden

Posted by: @sunbone

@maroon_and_gold Has anyone here even come close to calling this season a disaster? ?‍♂️

Maybe not on GPL, but other social media sites you would think this team is wisconSIN pitiful… lts such great late night reading!!!

HandyNotDan reacted
Greyeagle
(@greyeagle)

There is a certain element who would win the lottery and immediately complain about the taxes.

HandyNotDan reacted
HandyNotDan
(@handyman)
Brooks Level Golden

Posted by: @sunbone

Cardinal said last year after the Michigan loss in the Big Ten Championship the future was looking like a disaster or something similar.  That is why I chose that word. 

trixR4kids reacted
Greyeagle
(@greyeagle)

https://twitter.com/fakebobmotzko/status/1626774851569475585?s=20

Jerry Peters fka DAWoJ
(@don-adams-wheel-of-justice)
Wooger Level Golden
Rep Pts: 446

I think there's still a Twins "smell 'em" shirt from the Nick Punto years in the back of my closet.

Page 14 / 26