176 Reactions
Snowcool08
(@snowcool08)
Bonin Level Golden
Rep Pts: 1226
Post on old board: 6069

Posted by: @the-rube

Posted by: @rodentsrulejr

@bearpaw28 it’s really not even packed. And all the sue fans bitched about the “ lack “ of seating. When they played on Friday  there were so many empty seats so in all reality, it was the perfect venue. 
and also what would a game like state vs w mich look like at the Ralph? It would be a cave!

I would bet dollars to donuts that people bought tix to re-sell them, and the inflated prices kept some of those seats from being resold. 

And when you see prices at $800 a ticket, you don’t even bother making the trip. If they’re less, you can maybe stomach trying to get down there and get in for cheaper. 

The Rube
(@the-rube)
Mariucci Level Golden
Rep Pts: 8294
Post on old board: 35040

Gonna be cheaper for the F4, that's for sure. 

When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the United States you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

Boats
(@boats)
Stauber Level
Rep Pts: 771

Not exactly sure where to put this so I am going to put here. We bought tickets back at release date and were 100% planning on coming regardless of if the Gophs made it or not. But now with 4 teams that I don't see I can see myself rooting for at ALL, is it worth it to go? We have never been to a FF before, is the atmosphere worth it even though the teams are less than ideal? Any input appreciated haha

The Rube
(@the-rube)
Mariucci Level Golden

I've been to two (Denver, St Paul; and MN was not there either time). It is fun, it basically comes down to what you make it out to be. If you don't care about the games, dump the tix, and make it a general vacation. Go sight-see, tour the town, whatever. 

When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the United States you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

Boats reacted
streakygopher
(@streakygopher)
Broten Level Golden
Rep Pts: 2669
Post on old board: 15478

Michigan fans will travel and Boston fans will too x2. St. Paul is about as fun as it gets. 

Boats reacted
Karlsson
(@karlsson)
Brooks Level
Rep Pts: 5567

Ugh now I have to hear that damn song four thousand times in a couple Thursdays. 

mean girls movie GIF

The Rube reacted
The Rube
(@the-rube)
Mariucci Level Golden

Posted by: @karlsson

Ugh now I have to hear that damn song four thousand times in a couple Thursdays. 

mean girls movie GIF

Wrong reference:

upnorthkid
(@upnorthkid)
Broten Level
Rep Pts: 2524

I've been to two (Denver, St Paul; and MN was not there either time). It is fun, it basically comes down to what you make it out to be. If you don't care about the games, dump the tix, and make it a general vacation. Go sight-see, tour the town, whatever. 

yeah my debate is on dumping them for a bunch to make myself feel better given there should be pretty massive demand for the tickets

The Rube
(@the-rube)
Mariucci Level Golden

There is not going to be a massive demand, IMO. 

Karlsson
(@karlsson)
Brooks Level

Agreed. UND and Minnesota bowing out will make it tough to make a lot of money I’d think. 

The Rube
(@the-rube)
Mariucci Level Golden

MN, UND, tUMD, WI, MTU...the travelling team fanbases are all out. MI might help a little, but otherwise, all others are overall a non-factor. 

Before you chide me with MTU, they raised enough money to travel to the regional. Hardcore. 

upnorthkid
(@upnorthkid)
Broten Level

MN, UND, tUMD, WI, MTU...the travelling team fanbases are all out. MI might help a little, but otherwise, all others are overall a non-factor. 

Before you chide me with MTU, they raised enough money to travel to the regional. Hardcore. 

interesting. would’ve expected the Boston schools to come out but yeah I suppose you may be right

Gophs1
(@gophs1)
Rep Pts: 16

Not sure what’s worse, Michigan or UND fans.

Michigan

- the victors 100 times a period

- legit believe state of michigan hockey is superior to Minnesota 

- big egos

- pretend Gopher hockey program is beneath them 

UND fans 

- hooligans 

- weird chants that suggest a cult 

- no class and embrace cheap play 

- cheers against UMN as much as cheer for themselves 

I don’t even think Wisco comes close to these two fanbases in my hatred. 

The Rube
(@the-rube)
Mariucci Level Golden

To me, UND is worse. They have ONE D1 Dream. Let's kill it. 
WI, 2nd, just due to proximity and other sports options. 
MI, don't care. Yeah, hate 'em, but don't really register unless asked. 

Koho
 Koho
(@koho)
Wooger Level
Rep Pts: 370

I really like the Excel Center.  Now I hope it implodes in two weeks.  Can't stand any of the four teams.

Koho
 Koho
(@koho)
Wooger Level

Does anyone know when the last time none of the #1 seeds lost in the first round?  I know there was a long stretch of years with at least one upset.

Rau4SkiUMah
(@rau4skiumah)
Broten Level
Rep Pts: 2458

At this point my rooting interest is simple. Anyone but Michigan. 

gopheritall reacted
gopheritall
(@gopheritall)
Micheletti Level Golden
Rep Pts: 606

Posted by: @rau4skiumah

At this point my rooting interest is simple. Anyone but Michigan. 

Same

Rau4SkiUMah reacted
frozen4champs
(@frozen4champs)
Mayasich Level Golden
Rep Pts: 13267
Post on old board: 9626

Posted by: @koho

Does anyone know when the last time none of the #1 seeds lost in the first round?  I know there was a long stretch of years with at least one upset.

You are correct that it has been a while. Schlossman posted this. But no year when it last happened.

https://twitter.com/SchlossmanGF/status/1774608770292748662

I'm 50% factual and 50% sarcastic. When you get to know me, you will know which is which.

MNNavy
(@mnnavy)
Bonin Level Golden
Rep Pts: 1340

When you say first round, do you mean the regional semis or the regional finals? According to wikipedia, all the #1 seeds advanced to the region finals in 2022. Also, per Schlossman (quoted above), it hasn't happened since the NC$$ went to a 16 team tournament in 2002-2003.

The last time the top seeds from each region advanced to the Frozen Four was 1996, when it was a 12 team tournament with only two regions. Top seeds that year were BU (E1) and Vermont (E2) in the Eastern Region and CC (W1) and UMi (W2) in the West.

Tact is the ability to step on a man's toes without messing up the shine on his shoes - Harry S Truman

Koho
 Koho
(@koho)
Wooger Level

Posted by: @mnnavy

When you say first round, do you mean the regional semis or the regional finals? According to wikipedia, all the #1 seeds advanced to the region finals in 2022. Also, per Schlossman (quoted above), it hasn't happened since the NC$$ went to a 16 team tournament in 2002-2003.

The last time the top seeds from each region advanced to the Frozen Four was 1996, when it was a 12 team tournament with only two regions. Top seeds that year were BU (E1) and Vermont (E2) in the Eastern Region and CC (W1) and UMi (W2) in the West.

Wow.  Thanks.  This just confirms I have no memory.  Been running a work bracket since about 2006 and I used to include stats on how many 3 and 4 seeds make frozen Four and how many #1's get upset in first game since the bracket started.  Seemed like a first seed always lost in first game for a while back, and often two, but forgot about 2022.  Seems like last few years higher seeds are winning higher percentage of games than they were like 5-10 years ago.  (But that assumes my memory works.)

Norm
 Norm
(@norm)
Broten Level Golden
Rep Pts: 2112

Posted by: @gophs1

Not sure what’s worse, Michigan or UND fans.

If I went to a game at Michigan I would not expect someone to spit in my beer and push me down a flight of stairs.

Koho
 Koho
(@koho)
Wooger Level

We tend to talk about how important it is to have an older team and teams don't win with a bunch of blue chip youngsters. (Nice way to justify in our minds when the superstar decommits or we miss a potential first rounder.) I have also felt this way as we've seen those teams lose regularly, albeit in a one-and-done. I run an office bracket and for fun score brackets based on if the higher seed always wins, if the team picked by a coin flip wins and if the oldest team wins, just so people can see how they would have done if they used one of these methods. I searched on age and found a page on CHN that I think is from this year with mean age of teams. So far in the NCAA tourney (if I am looking at correct season) the only game in which the older team won was Quinnipiac over Wisconsin. The youngest team in the country is BC and second is Denver, with BU at 4th youngest.  Michigan is at 54th in age, with younger teams in tourney including MN, Cornell, Wisconsin and Mich State. RIT is oldest team in country.

upnorthkid
(@upnorthkid)
Broten Level

We tend to talk about how important it is to have an older team and teams don't win with a bunch of blue chip youngsters. (Nice way to justify in our minds when the superstar decommits or we miss a potential first rounder.) I have also felt this way as we've seen those teams lose regularly, albeit in a one-and-done. I run an office bracket and for fun score brackets based on if the higher seed always wins, if the team picked by a coin flip wins and if the oldest team wins, just so people can see how they would have done if they used one of these methods. I searched on age and found a page on CHN that I think is from this year with mean age of teams. So far in the NCAA tourney (if I am looking at correct season) the only game in which the older team won was Quinnipiac over Wisconsin. The youngest team in the country is BC and second is Denver, with BU at 4th youngest.  Michigan is at 54th in age, with younger teams in tourney including MN, Cornell, Wisconsin and Mich State. RIT is oldest team in country.

average age is probably not the best way to look at this anymore. Michigans top 6 scorers are all sophomores or older. Denver has 2 freshman in their top 11 scorers (and one is going to be a top ten pick this year). BU has Celibrini, but that roster is full of sophomores as well as upperclassmen who score plenty. BC is a generational team right now with friends who decided to go and play together. What I’m meaning by all of this is you need some high end guys, but you need contributing veterans. Years in college is a better thing to look at as average age is going to get skewed by teams who can’t/don’t get guys who come in before they play 3 years of juniors. In spite of how “old” we were this year, we were still tied for 7th youngest this year because of how young our players are when they enter college comparatively 

north45
(@north45)
Wooger Level
Rep Pts: 205

Off topic but whatever happened to UMD? What's going on up there? They suddenly dropped out of sight.    No NIL $$$ ?    Transfer portal?        Not enough fiber in their diet?

MikeEruzione11
(@mikeeruzione11)
Brooks Level Golden
Rep Pts: 4807

Not sure if this has been posted anywhere, but Seamus Casey will be back for the Frozen Four.

https://twitter.com/byazuniga/status/1775631812074918112?s=46&t=UtlPiq7Vt1Te97QT76L7LQ

MikeEruzione11
(@mikeeruzione11)
Brooks Level Golden

odds via Draftkings:

Boston U ML -166, Denver ML +130, Over/Under 7

BC ML -175, Michigan +135, Over/Under 7

Bert
 Bert
(@bert)
Bonin Level Moderator
Rep Pts: 1047
Post on old board: 8405

upnorthkid
(@upnorthkid)
Broten Level

anyone know if rizzo is going to be back for denver?

frozen4champs
(@frozen4champs)
Mayasich Level Golden

Team bars for the Frozen Four that I have found so far. 

BU-- Smorgie's

BC-- Tom Reids

Michigan-- McGoverns

DU -- McGoverns & Three Sixty (alumni) 

I'm 50% factual and 50% sarcastic. When you get to know me, you will know which is which.

Boats
(@boats)
Stauber Level
Rep Pts: 771

So stay away from McGoverns, got it.

JoeGopher
(@joegopher)
Wooger Level
Rep Pts: 336

Posted by: @boats

So stay away from McGoverns, got it.

In general, that's just sound advice...

frozen4champs
(@frozen4champs)
Mayasich Level Golden

The Frozen Fest will be inside at the RiverCentre.

https://twitter.com/HobeyBakerAward/status/1776973694482395366

https://www.ncaa.com/championships/icehockey-men/d1/frozen-fest

MikeEruzione11
(@mikeeruzione11)
Brooks Level Golden

Rizzo for Denver is going to play

trixR4kids
(@trixr4kids)
Broten Level
Rep Pts: 2162
Post on old board: 15139

Well at least the refs have called one penalty in this game, that’s one more than the entire gopher game vs BU. 

camo coat guy
(@camo-coat-guy)
Micheletti Level
Rep Pts: 740

Feels like a dozen icing calls on Denver already 

camo coat guy
(@camo-coat-guy)
Micheletti Level

@trixr4kids B1G officials

trixR4kids reacted
Gopherguy05
(@gopherguy05)
Stauber Level
Rep Pts: 877
Post on old board: 5335

It took 35 minutes but Denver finally woke up.  

bearpaw28
(@bearpaw28)
Bonin Level
Rep Pts: 1477
Post on old board: 6912

Posted by: @camo-coat-guy

@trixr4kids B1G officials

Prison Rules by these refs (when it comes to calling penalties). 

trixR4kids
(@trixr4kids)
Broten Level
Rep Pts: 2162
Post on old board: 15139

Yeah I saw that one dude get tackled in the corner for no call and just rolled my eyes.

camo coat guy
(@camo-coat-guy)
Micheletti Level

The dreaded blind pass behind the net by the defense bit BU. You almost wonder if the  Denver player called for the puck how it came right to him. Caron for mvp in this one

Goldy77
(@goldy77)
Wooger Level
Rep Pts: 448

These zebras don’t actually get paid do they?

trixR4kids reacted

Steve MN
(@steve-mn)
Brooks Level Golden
Rep Pts: 5054
Post on old board: 10695

Posted by: @goldy77

These zebras don’t actually get paid do they?

B1G Refs.  Corrupt, or just incompetent?

B1G refs... corrupt, or just incompetent?

Gopherguy05
(@gopherguy05)
Stauber Level
Rep Pts: 877
Post on old board: 5335

The arena sure did not like that boarding call was only 2. 

midevil bowievil
(@midevil-bowievil)
Wooger Level
Rep Pts: 266

That was a 5:00 penalty but again and over and over the game situation dictates the rule book. What a joke.

north45
(@north45)
Wooger Level
Rep Pts: 205

BU definitely should have gotten 5 !   If had been the Gophers it would have been 5. 

These announcer are sure Boston homers.

camo coat guy
(@camo-coat-guy)
Micheletti Level

That was really close to head first into the boards, scary hit, I was glad to see him get up and skate away from that one, he just got his head turned enough to save himself 

Goldy77
(@goldy77)
Wooger Level
Rep Pts: 448

Probably only gave him a 2 because they missed/didn’t call at least 3 prior penalties (in the last 10 min of the third) on DU.  

Karlsson
(@karlsson)
Brooks Level

Game. Management. 

Cowgirl
(@cowgirl)
Mariucci Level Golden
Rep Pts: 7719
Post on old board: 10120

Big ten refs!

Page 9 / 12