268 Posts
37 Users
59 Reactions
Slap Shot
(@slap-shot)
Brooks Level Golden
Rep Pts: 7439
Post on old board: 18942

The Brewers called and they want their color scheme back.  

bearpaw28 reacted
ReplyQuote
HandyNotDan
(@handyman)
Brooks Level Golden
Rep Pts: 4817
Post on old board: 28736

So first we rip off Miami now Milwaukee?

Cowgirl reacted
ReplyQuote
College Hockey Addict
(@collegehockeyaddict)
Mariucci Level
Rep Pts: 7801

ReplyQuote
College Hockey Addict
(@collegehockeyaddict)
Mariucci Level

ReplyQuote
College Hockey Addict
(@collegehockeyaddict)
Mariucci Level

ReplyQuote
Cowgirl
(@cowgirl)
Mariucci Level Golden
Rep Pts: 7507
Post on old board: 10120

Posted by: @boats

Posted by: @karlsson

The city connect uniforms are, um, interesting

https://www.mlb.com/twins/fans/city-connect?partnerId=it-20240610-10084239-min-1-A&utm_id=it-20240610-10084239-min-1-A

For reference.

I think I like the hats? I am not so sure about the rest of the uni

ew.  Looks like someone tried to make a golf shirt into a baseball jersey.  And then mismatched the pant color.  Yellow accents?  Why??
agreed that hat logo is kinda cool but otherwise blech.   

Steve MN reacted
ReplyQuote
J22
 J22
(@j22)
Broten Level Golden
Rep Pts: 2073
Post on old board: 5631

ReplyQuote

camo coat guy
(@camo-coat-guy)
Micheletti Level
Rep Pts: 664

ReplyQuote
Steve MN
(@steve-mn)
Brooks Level Golden
Rep Pts: 4884
Post on old board: 10695

MV5BNDIxNmEwM2YtMmU2ZS00NTE0LWJmZDItMWYxZTJmYjU0MTZmXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjUyNDk2ODc@. V1

B1G refs... corrupt, or just incompetent?

HandyNotDan reacted
ReplyQuote
Karlsson
(@karlsson)
Brooks Level
Rep Pts: 5325

Posted by: @j22

https://twitter.com/10k_Takes/status/1800173155136471459

Honestly, just go with white. Would look pretty damn clean. 

ReplyQuote
Slap Shot
(@slap-shot)
Brooks Level Golden

The one rips off the Brewers, the other the Blue Jays.  

HandyNotDan reacted
ReplyQuote
HandyNotDan
(@handyman)
Brooks Level Golden

What is the point of these jersies...is this part of some league-wide BS to get fans to buy more crap under the guise of some other promotion?

Greyeagle reacted
ReplyQuote
The Rube
(@the-rube)
Mariucci Level Golden
Rep Pts: 8000
Post on old board: 35040

Posted by: @handyman

What is the point of these jersies...is this part of some league-wide BS to get fans to buy more crap under the guise of some other promotion?

Bingo.

When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the United States you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

ReplyQuote
Greyeagle
(@greyeagle)
Mayasich Level Moderator Golden
Rep Pts: 10846
Post on old board: 21741

Posted by: @handyman

The point is probably something like "Hey, the NFL has been doing some color rush BS uniform combos and they are selling that crap.  We need to copy them!!"  

“When your best friend is the son of God, you get tired of losing every argument.”

― Christopher Moore, Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ReplyQuote

YoungEagle
(@youngeagle)
Leopold Level Golden
Rep Pts: 1789
Topic starter  

The could have done something really cool with the old Millers or Saints jerseys to celebrate and connect with the city, but no we got a yellow and blue mess. 

'29, '40, '74, '76, '79, '02, & '03
GPL's Resident Cabin Enthusiast & Cadets Hockey Fan

Greyeagle reacted
ReplyQuote
camo coat guy
(@camo-coat-guy)
Micheletti Level
Rep Pts: 664

St. Cloud cathedral nailed it right with their fighting saints logo they sported in the highschool hockey tournament. As the kids say, “those were sick”😁

ReplyQuote
SkiUMahLaw
(@skiumahlaw)
Micheletti Level Golden
Rep Pts: 673

@youngeagle 

The alternate logo with the M and SP flags is a great start.

https://twitter.com/Twins/status/1593664369463812096

Of course MLB/Fanatics would undoubtedly screw that up.

ReplyQuote
Greyeagle
(@greyeagle)
Mayasich Level Moderator Golden
Rep Pts: 10846
Post on old board: 21741

🤣

https://twitter.com/karleesuszan/status/1800327353098531283?s=46&t=UoTCikmOZyJ29kktoNzh-A

“When your best friend is the son of God, you get tired of losing every argument.”

― Christopher Moore, Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ReplyQuote
HandyNotDan
(@handyman)
Brooks Level Golden

Reaction Applause GIF

ReplyQuote
Cowgirl
(@cowgirl)
Mariucci Level Golden

IMG 1264

ReplyQuote
YoungEagle
(@youngeagle)
Leopold Level Golden
Rep Pts: 1789
Topic starter  

Posted by: @skiumahlaw

@youngeagle 

The alternate logo with the M and SP flags is a great start.

https://twitter.com/Twins/status/1593664369463812096

Of course MLB/Fanatics would undoubtedly screw that up.

I loved that piece in those Twin Cities Jerseys fantastic connection. Simple clean jersey too. 

'29, '40, '74, '76, '79, '02, & '03
GPL's Resident Cabin Enthusiast & Cadets Hockey Fan

ReplyQuote

Milhouse
(@milhouse)
Rep Pts: 18

Time to say good bye to Thielbar!

Bertogliat reacted
ReplyQuote
The Rube
(@the-rube)
Mariucci Level Golden

Posted by: @milhouse

Time to say good bye to Thielbar!

Don't tease me like that...

When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the United States you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

ReplyQuote
Bigbeer
(@bigbeer)
Brooks Level Golden
Rep Pts: 4147
Post on old board: 9428

Twins City Connect jersey

Red Sox: hold my beer

The Rube reacted
ReplyQuote
The Rube
(@the-rube)
Mariucci Level Golden

WTF is THAT?! That is horrible. 

ReplyQuote
Karlsson
(@karlsson)
Brooks Level

They aren’t pretty, but they at least have a purpose. They mimic the signage and logos for the Boston marathon. 

ReplyQuote
The Rube
(@the-rube)
Mariucci Level Golden

They are horrid. Hell, what would be awesome is somehow bring back a version of Pat The Patriot back. That'd be wicked. 😉 

(Seriously)

ReplyQuote
College Hockey Addict
(@collegehockeyaddict)
Mariucci Level

ReplyQuote

College Hockey Addict
(@collegehockeyaddict)
Mariucci Level

ReplyQuote
Cowgirl
(@cowgirl)
Mariucci Level Golden

Does the ball carry more in this humidity? Home runs all day by both teams.  

ReplyQuote
The Rube
(@the-rube)
Mariucci Level Golden

Posted by: @cowgirl

Does the ball carry more in this humidity? Home runs all day by both teams.  

Yes, is the short answer. The longer answer is the reason:

https://norcast.tv/the-humidity-factor-unraveling-baseballs-flight-mysteries/#:~:text=Thus%2C%20while%20the%20baseball%20does,composition%20and%20the%20impact%20dynamics.

ReplyQuote
College Hockey Addict
(@collegehockeyaddict)
Mariucci Level

I am not sure the exact reason (we need to ask Wren Clair - KSTP Channel 5 weather woman) but warmer weather does tend to lead to more home runs.

https://twitter.com/wrenclair5?lang=en

ReplyQuote
Cowgirl
(@cowgirl)
Mariucci Level Golden

Anyone else think of that Stephen King movie every time they hear the name Langeliers? 

ReplyQuote
gator
(@gator)
Brooks Level Golden
Rep Pts: 5823
Post on old board: 16243

I don’t watch much baseball. Pretty much watch college regionals and the College World Series and the Twins if I have nothing to do and that I’m channel surfing. I’ve really noticed this year catchers show their mitt, drop it as the pitcher is pitching and then catch the ball as it’s pitched. How new is this? Cause it wasn’t that way a couple years ago. 

Keep your stick on the ice...

ReplyQuote
Karlsson
(@karlsson)
Brooks Level

Miranda’s shot just landed in Centerville. 

ReplyQuote

College Hockey Addict
(@collegehockeyaddict)
Mariucci Level

The Twins sweep the double header extending their winning streak to 5 games and 7 of the last 8.

The Twins have the 9th best record overall out of 30 teams.

They are 40-32 winning 12 of their last 16 series while going 33-19.

They have struggled against teams that have top 5 records going 1-16 against #1 Yankees (0-6), tied for #2 Cleveland (0-5), #4 Baltimore (0-3) and #5 Dodgers (1-2). The Twins haven't played Philadelphia yet who is tied with Cleveland for the #2 best record overall.

The Twins are 39-16 against everybody else which is a winning percentage of 70.9

This includes going 13-6 (a 68.4 winning percentage) against teams with records #6 through #15.

#6 Milwaukee (1-1), #7 Seattle (3-1), #8 Kansas City (5-2), #11 Boston (2-1), and tied #14 Toronto (2-1)

The other teams in between are National League teams we haven't played yet.

ReplyQuote
The Rube
(@the-rube)
Mariucci Level Golden

Seeing those stats, same old Twins. Beat who we're supposed to beat, prob make playoffs, lose. Although now, maybe not in the first round. Whee. 

Slap Shot reacted
ReplyQuote
College Hockey Addict
(@collegehockeyaddict)
Mariucci Level

The Twins have the 20th highest payroll with the 9th best record overall (out of 30). People can certainly be pissed about the same old Twins (can't beat the top 5 teams) or choose to enjoy that the players, manager and GM are doing well with the limit assets that have been given to them.

The team has quite a few exciting players that I choose to enjoy knowing it likely wouldn't be enough to win in the end.

No team this low in payroll has won the World Series in the last 30 years. Kansas City (2015 - 17th in payroll) is the only team outside the top 12 in payroll that has won in the last 30 years. 

Yes I realize Cleveland and Baltimore are doing great this season with low payrolls but so has Tampa Bay other years. The Rays have lost 7 straight playoff games and 9 of their last 10 never winning a World Series while making the playoffs 5 straight years and 9 times in the last 16 years.

It would be fun to see a low payroll team win the World Series but unfortunately history says it is very unlikely so I don't base my enjoyment on the Twins winning in the playoffs yes people can say that is accepting mediocrity but I have no control over what the Pohlads choose to spend on payroll but I do have control over how much enjoyment I find in following the team.

ReplyQuote
The Rube
(@the-rube)
Mariucci Level Golden

Don't get me wrong. When I cheer for the Twins, I know what I'm getting into. I accept it. It's just frustrating hoping for that lottery ticket, so to speak. 

ReplyQuote
Slap Shot
(@slap-shot)
Brooks Level Golden

I'll cheer for them, but seeing the record against the Top 5 doesn't allow me to give the org a pass for wwht they've done with the payroll. If anything it is even more aggravating to think about what they could do with a top 10 payroll.

Bertogliat reacted
ReplyQuote
College Hockey Addict
(@collegehockeyaddict)
Mariucci Level

I totally understand the frustration with the ownership group (I am too) but I don't take that frustration out on the GM, manager and players who are doing a great job of playing above the assets they have been given (20th highest payroll - 9th best record overall). 

The Twins GM interviewed for the Philadelphia GM job but didn't get it. I have no doubt he wanted the job because the Phillies owner is willing to spend more money. He has no control over the cap on our payroll.

ReplyQuote
bearpaw28
(@bearpaw28)
Bonin Level
Rep Pts: 1404
Post on old board: 6912

Posted by: @slap-shot

I'll cheer for them, but seeing the record against the Top 5 doesn't allow me to give the org a pass for wwht they've done with the payroll. If anything it is even more aggravating to think about what they could do with a top 10 payroll.

Amen! The frugality of these rich bastards has gotten OLD, Old, old. I despise this ownership group & frankly it’s reached a point where it discourages me from wanting to attend games in person, and now I can’t even watch them on cable. So Screw Um is my attitude, at least for this season. To me, when factoring in the wealth of this ownership group, they’re greedy, manipulative AHoles who love bilking the public out of 💵 and view us as just Rubes who will take it where the sun don’t shine & smile. 

Slap Shot reacted
ReplyQuote

MikeEruzione11
(@mikeeruzione11)
Brooks Level Golden
Rep Pts: 4656

I heard on the radio (yes, this doesn't mean its exactly true) that only 10% of Minnesotans are able to watch Twins games live. If the Twins ownership isn't going to take the team seriously, I would argue fans shouldn't either.

It is a disgrace what they did with the team payroll year. Not to mention throwing a middle finger to the fans with the TV product this season. 

bearpaw28 reacted
ReplyQuote
upnorthkid
(@upnorthkid)
Broten Level
Rep Pts: 2401

Posted by: @mikeeruzione11

I heard on the radio (yes, this doesn't mean its exactly true) that only 10% of Minnesotans are able to watch Twins games live. If the Twins ownership isn't going to take the team seriously, I would argue fans shouldn't either.

It is a disgrace what they did with the team payroll year. Not to mention throwing a middle finger to the fans with the TV product this season. 

i mean yes the twins ownership is frustrating, but it's hard to blame them regarding the Bally shit and that that organization is completely inept. 

ReplyQuote
Beauner
(@beauner)
Broten Level Golden
Rep Pts: 3478
Post on old board: 30840

Posted by: @gator

I don’t watch much baseball. Pretty much watch college regionals and the College World Series and the Twins if I have nothing to do and that I’m channel surfing. I’ve really noticed this year catchers show their mitt, drop it as the pitcher is pitching and then catch the ball as it’s pitched. How new is this? Cause it wasn’t that way a couple years ago. 

New-ish, yes. They do it to try to get more calls on pitches low in the zone via framing.

The theory is basically: If you start with your glove low and are moving it up to catch the ball that maybe crosses just below the knees, the umpire will see your glove moving up and maybe think the ball crossed higher than it did. Rather than moving from the middle of the zone, down to the ball, and try to bring it back up into the zone. One fluid motion of going up will look more like a strike than going down and bringing it back up.

gator reacted
ReplyQuote
Beauner
(@beauner)
Broten Level Golden
Rep Pts: 3478
Post on old board: 30840

Posted by: @upnorthkid

i mean yes the twins ownership is frustrating, but it's hard to blame them regarding the Bally shit and that that organization is completely inept. 

It's not hard to blame them when you remember they had an out to not be on Bally's this season and could have sent their broadcast rights elsewhere. But they chose to re-up with them for $50ish million, then pocketed that 50million rather than investing it back into the lineup after telling the fans that the lack of TV contract was why they were going to cut salary.

Bertogliat, HandyNotDan, Steve MN and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
MikeEruzione11
(@mikeeruzione11)
Brooks Level Golden
Rep Pts: 4656

I am pretty sure they had the option this offseason to find a different TV avenue and didn't. I blame them. That is just my opinion though.

ReplyQuote
upnorthkid
(@upnorthkid)
Broten Level

Posted by: @beauner

It's not hard to blame them when you remember they had an out to not be on Bally's this season and could have sent their broadcast rights elsewhere. But they chose to re-up with them for $50ish million, then pocketed that 50million rather than investing it back into the lineup after telling the fans that the lack of TV contract was why they were going to cut salary.

I guess what other avenue? From what I’ve heard yes they could’ve gone elsewhere, but no one has really mentioned who/what elsewhere would’ve been

ReplyQuote
grothm01
(@grothm01)
Wooger Level
Rep Pts: 250

@upnorthkid I thought I read somewhere that MLB was prepared to provide streaming.

ReplyQuote

upnorthkid
(@upnorthkid)
Broten Level

Posted by: @grothm01

@upnorthkid I thought I read somewhere that MLB was prepared to provide streaming.

ah well if that's the case, then yeah that's on them. first i'd heard of an actual tangible other option

ReplyQuote
Page 5 / 6