44 Users
111 Reactions
14.4 K Views
Bertogliat
(@bertogliat)
Brooks Level Golden
Rep Pts: 4508
Post on old board: 12555

Ok.  Miranda is now in the game.  Why in the the F is he not playing today?

Our best hitter had a day off when Correa and Buxton are injured?  I’m not saying he has to be Cal Ripken Jr, but his bat is needed and he should be playing every game.

ReplyQuote
Snowcool08
(@snowcool08)
Bonin Level Golden
Rep Pts: 1226
Post on old board: 6069

Posted by: @bearpaw28

Wow, didn’t get a chance to watch Twins on tv for 3 months with BSN/Comcast fiasco. Can’t believe the regression by Duran…WTF? Looks like he’s lost all his swagger…

He lost a couple of mph on his fastball. Instead of 103-104 he’s throwing 99-100. That’s a huge difference in the big leagues. Plus they haven’t put him in a save situation as often recently because they haven’t had those situations. He’s a much better pitcher when he starts the inning clean and its a closing situation. 

ReplyQuote
Karlsson
(@karlsson)
Brooks Level
Rep Pts: 5567

I was at the fair and didn’t see a second of it. Can’t blame me. 😏

ReplyQuote
Cowgirl
(@cowgirl)
Mariucci Level Golden
Rep Pts: 7719
Post on old board: 10120

I didn’t get to see any of tonight’s game, so it ain’t me either that’s the bad luck. 😂

ReplyQuote
camo coat guy
(@camo-coat-guy)
Micheletti Level
Rep Pts: 740

Posted by: @snowcool08

Posted by: @bearpaw28

Wow, didn’t get a chance to watch Twins on tv for 3 months with BSN/Comcast fiasco. Can’t believe the regression by Duran…WTF? Looks like he’s lost all his swagger…

He lost a couple of mph on his fastball. Instead of 103-104 he’s throwing 99-100. That’s a huge difference in the big leagues. Plus they haven’t put him in a save situation as often recently because they haven’t had those situations. He’s a much better pitcher when he starts the inning clean and its a closing situation. 

when you have 2 pitches and can only throw one that’s easy math for a hitter. I heard that on twins radio a month ago when one of our relievers were getting lit up and it made me smile actually. So true and simply stated.

ReplyQuote
Karlsson
(@karlsson)
Brooks Level

I watched tonight and they won. Just for the record. 😃

ReplyQuote
Norm
 Norm
(@norm)
Broten Level Golden
Rep Pts: 2112

Mathews got roughed up a bit in the 1st inning tonight.

ReplyQuote

The Rube
(@the-rube)
Mariucci Level Golden
Rep Pts: 8294
Post on old board: 35040

Posted by: @norm

Mathews got roughed up a bit in the 1st inning tonight.

Tina Turner didn't even get beat that badly. 

Too soon? 

When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the United States you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

ReplyQuote
Karlsson
(@karlsson)
Brooks Level

Both the starting rotation and the bullpen has gone to shit at the same time. Ideal for the stretch run. Especially when the offense has done the same  

ReplyQuote
Bertogliat
(@bertogliat)
Brooks Level Golden

What is wrong with Buxton?  The guy barely hit the wall and is out for weeks.

I don’t get it.  Did he break some bones?  Let’s get that guy on a feeding tube with milk.

ReplyQuote
frozen4champs
(@frozen4champs)
Mayasich Level Golden
Rep Pts: 13267
Post on old board: 9626

Posted by: @bertogliat

I don’t get it.  Did he break some bones?  Let’s get that guy on a feeding tube with milk.

It is his hip again. I think he "injured" it during an at bat. After he made the out he walked directly to the clubhouse and hasn't been seen since...

I'm 50% factual and 50% sarcastic. When you get to know me, you will know which is which.

ReplyQuote
bearpaw28
(@bearpaw28)
Bonin Level
Rep Pts: 1477
Post on old board: 6912

Posted by: @bertogliat

Just an incredible waste of talent is the only way to summarize his ⚾️ career.  Has the durability of former Vikings RB Rick (the glass man) Fenney. All the injuries that seem to occur in baseball are hard to fathom! 

ReplyQuote
Milhouse
(@milhouse)
Rep Pts: 19

When can they DFA Kepler? Man he is brutal, should probably be coming out of the bullpen lol.

ReplyQuote
streakygopher
(@streakygopher)
Broten Level Golden
Rep Pts: 2669
Post on old board: 15478

Butt ugly home stand...even the wins. Injuries aside, as frustrating as they are, there are a lot of holes in this team.

I'm afraid that even if Buxton and Correa can make it back to finish the season, they'll be an early flame-out.

ReplyQuote

Bertogliat
(@bertogliat)
Brooks Level Golden

Jax gives up two runs and the lead in the 8th inning and comes out with a win.  😂 

ReplyQuote
Karlsson
(@karlsson)
Brooks Level

Always fun watching a professional baseball team that’s unable to catch the ball. 

ReplyQuote
Karlsson
(@karlsson)
Brooks Level

*click*

ReplyQuote
Chris83
(@chris83)
Bonin Level Golden
Rep Pts: 1336
Post on old board: 5215

Is there really any point in hoping this team makes the post-season?

ReplyQuote
Bertogliat
(@bertogliat)
Brooks Level Golden

Posted by: @chris83

At this point I don’t think so.  Even if they get Correa and Buxton to come back and bat well, the pitching seems to be failing them lately.

Something we all assumed would be an issue, is an issue.

ReplyQuote
YoungEagle
(@youngeagle)
Leopold Level Golden
Rep Pts: 1874
Topic starter  

Likely not... but you never know. 

'29, '40, '74, '76, '79, '02, & '03
GPL's Resident Cabin Enthusiast & Cadets Hockey Fan

ReplyQuote
mnpuckguy
(@mnpuckguy)
Lucia Level
Rep Pts: 79

The management did nothing at the trade deadline to improve this team.  The starting pitching & bullpen have be shaky for a long time!  They relied on players called up from St. Paul who had little or no major league experience & expected them to play like all stars.  The players expected management to give the lineup a boost at the trading deadline, but the management did nothing!  Feel sorry for the players with the lack of commitment from management & ownership!

ReplyQuote

frozen4champs
(@frozen4champs)
Mayasich Level Golden

insert shocked face...

https://twitter.com/nightengalejr/status/1831743313612869879

I'm 50% factual and 50% sarcastic. When you get to know me, you will know which is which.

ReplyQuote
Steve MN
(@steve-mn)
Brooks Level Golden
Rep Pts: 5054
Post on old board: 10695

Posted by: @frozen4champs

insert shocked face...

https://twitter.com/nightengalejr/status/1831743313612869879

So amazing when on the field.

So amazingly little time on the field to show it.

B1G refs... corrupt, or just incompetent?

ReplyQuote
Bertogliat
(@bertogliat)
Brooks Level Golden

Buxton and Sano were both top prospects at one time and both constantly injured.  It’s a shame.

ReplyQuote
Bigbeer
(@bigbeer)
Brooks Level Golden
Rep Pts: 4200
Post on old board: 9428

Did Duran just get demoted to set-up and then blow that?

ReplyQuote
Cowgirl
(@cowgirl)
Mariucci Level Golden

Sorry, it all went to sh!t when I turned on the game.  🤦‍♀️

ReplyQuote
The Rube
(@the-rube)
Mariucci Level Golden

Where's that fork...? I know I have it somewhere...

When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the United States you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

ReplyQuote
Border Gopher
(@border-gopher)
Wooger Level
Rep Pts: 455

Who in the hell hooks a pitcher after 83 pitches and retiring the last 15 in a row?

ReplyQuote

The Rube
(@the-rube)
Mariucci Level Golden

Posted by: @border-gopher

Who in the hell hooks a pitcher after 83 pitches and retiring the last 15 in a row?

Rocafella...Rocky...Bedrock...I dunno, but that guy. 😉 

ReplyQuote
Beauner
(@beauner)
Broten Level Golden
Rep Pts: 3553
Post on old board: 30840

Managers that are managing like a playoff game. Duran and Jax are supposed to be the two best relievers on the team. If this was a playoff game, every manager in baseball turns it over to their two best relievers and trusts them to do their job. 

This ain't on Rocco. Its on Duran (and to a lesser extent, Jax).

ReplyQuote
camo coat guy
(@camo-coat-guy)
Micheletti Level
Rep Pts: 740

When a pitcher has his stuff don’t ef with it. It’s not like Duran and Jax have been lights out consistent all summer to be that confident about it. There’s a time and a place to throw out the how to manage book. (Tom Kelly/ Jack Morris game 7 1991 inning 10)

The Rube reacted
ReplyQuote
The Rube
(@the-rube)
Mariucci Level Golden

Posted by: @camo-coat-guy

When a pitcher has his stuff don’t ef with it. It’s not like Duran and Jax have been lights out consistent all summer to be that confident about it. There’s a time and a place to throw out the how to manage book. (Tom Kelly/ Jack Morris game 7 1991 inning 10)

This. If it ain't broke, don't try and fix it. 

ReplyQuote
bearpaw28
(@bearpaw28)
Bonin Level
Rep Pts: 1477
Post on old board: 6912

• Posted by: @camo-coat-guy

Rocco has ZERO instinct regarding when to go to the bullpen when a starter is cruising along. He simply goes by the analytics. He’s proved to be far from the manager that TK was….

ReplyQuote
Chris83
(@chris83)
Bonin Level Golden

Posted by: @beauner

Managers that are managing like a playoff game. Duran and Jax are supposed to be the two best relievers on the team. If this was a playoff game, every manager in baseball turns it over to their two best relievers and trusts them to do their job. 

I'll respectfully disagree. There are times when you have to step outside the usual plan and go by feel. 7 innings, 83 pitches, retired 15 in a row, totally in control. Maybe in April, when the arms are still getting stretched out, you pull him. But in September, in a crucial game? Let him finish. 

ReplyQuote
Cowgirl
(@cowgirl)
Mariucci Level Golden

Who is helping on the radio broadcast today?

ReplyQuote

Composer
(@composer)
Stauber Level Golden
Rep Pts: 771

Denard

ReplyQuote
Beauner
(@beauner)
Broten Level Golden
Rep Pts: 3553
Post on old board: 30840

I'll respectfully disagree. There are times when you have to step outside the usual plan and go by feel. 7 innings, 83 pitches, retired 15 in a row, totally in control. Maybe in April, when the arms are still getting stretched out, you pull him. But in September, in a crucial game? Let him finish. 

How do we know he wasn't going by feel? Maybe Ober said he was running on fumes and felt like he was done? Maybe his stuff wasn't as sharp anymore (the peripheral stats would certainly point to this--the 3 batted balls he allowed in the 7th were the 3 highest exit velocities he'd allowed since Witt's flyout ended the inning. We aren't privy to conversations they have in the dugout, maybe Ober said he was running out of gas. Ober has already exceeded his career high in IP so its not impossible even though he "only threw 83 pitches". 

Twins relievers have allowed almost 50% of inherited runners to score, the bottom of the KC order coming up and Duran had allowed a total of 1 base runner over his previous 5 outings while looking more like the dominant guy we expected him to be, and the fact that Jax has allowed 2 runs total since mid-July... Acting like it doesn't make sense to turn it over to the bullpen there is laughable.

If it works, nobody bats an eye. That's how it is supposed to work. SP gives you 7, your setup and closer shut the door. Duran just didn't do his job. He hasn't been as dominant as he was last year but he still has dominant stuff and had been mostly electric his last 4-5 outings and was going to pitch to 7-8-9.

If they leave Ober in and he gives up a solo to start the inning and then another hit before bringing Duran in, there's an almost 50% chance that runner comes around to score this season based on the current Twins trend. 

ReplyQuote
Cowgirl
(@cowgirl)
Mariucci Level Golden

Posted by: @composer

Denard

It was not Denard, the person had a decidedly Minnesota accent.  Atteberry said thanks to Glen Perkins for joining him today.  He just sounded different than he does on tv. 🤷‍♀️

ReplyQuote
Chris83
(@chris83)
Bonin Level Golden

How do we know he wasn't going by feel? Maybe Ober said he was running on fumes and felt like he was done? Maybe his stuff wasn't as sharp anymore (the peripheral stats would certainly point to this--the 3 batted balls he allowed in the 7th were the 3 highest exit velocities he'd allowed since Witt's flyout ended the inning. We aren't privy to conversations they have in the dugout, maybe Ober said he was running out of gas. Ober has already exceeded his career high in IP so its not impossible even though he "only threw 83 pitches". 

Twins relievers have allowed almost 50% of inherited runners to score, the bottom of the KC order coming up and Duran had allowed a total of 1 base runner over his previous 5 outings while looking more like the dominant guy we expected him to be, and the fact that Jax has allowed 2 runs total since mid-July... Acting like it doesn't make sense to turn it over to the bullpen there is laughable.

If it works, nobody bats an eye. That's how it is supposed to work. SP gives you 7, your setup and closer shut the door. Duran just didn't do his job. He hasn't been as dominant as he was last year but he still has dominant stuff and had been mostly electric his last 4-5 outings and was going to pitch to 7-8-9.

If they leave Ober in and he gives up a solo to start the inning and then another hit before bringing Duran in, there's an almost 50% chance that runner comes around to score this season based on the current Twins trend. 

As I said, we'll disagree.

ReplyQuote
College Hockey Addict
(@collegehockeyaddict)
Mariucci Level
Rep Pts: 8128

Granny Lewis is back!!!!

https://twitter.com/TalkinBaseball_/status/1834037147982012563

ReplyQuote
Greyeagle
(@greyeagle)
Mayasich Level Moderator Golden
Rep Pts: 11345
Post on old board: 21741

Posted by: @collegehockeyaddict

Granny Lewis is back!!!!

https://twitter.com/TalkinBaseball_/status/1834037147982012563

Drat, correctly overturned and it became a two run double.  

6-3 Good Guys top 8.

“When your best friend is the son of God, you get tired of losing every argument.”

― Christopher Moore, Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ReplyQuote
College Hockey Addict
(@collegehockeyaddict)
Mariucci Level

The Twins are off tomorrow.

https://twitter.com/AaronGleeman/status/1834053777352958137

ReplyQuote

College Hockey Addict
(@collegehockeyaddict)
Mariucci Level

The Detroit Tigers who are the team closest to knocking the Twins out of the playoffs were ahead 2-1 today after 6 innings and then pulled their ace starter (Tarik Skubal) who is 16-4 with a 2.50 ERA. The Tiger bullpen gave up 3 runs losing 4-2. He got pulled after 84 pitches.

ReplyQuote
frozen4champs
(@frozen4champs)
Mayasich Level Golden

https://twitter.com/JeffPassan/status/1834397715851087917

ReplyQuote
Slap Shot
(@slap-shot)
Mariucci Level Golden
Rep Pts: 7876
Post on old board: 18942

wtf

ReplyQuote
Karlsson
(@karlsson)
Brooks Level

Thought maybe we had a Crash Davis on our hands, but no he just wanted the season to end. 

ReplyQuote
MNNavy
(@mnnavy)
Bonin Level Golden
Rep Pts: 1340

Posted by: @karlsson

Thought maybe we had a Crash Davis on our hands, but no he just wanted the season to end. 

It appears he got his wish - quite convincingly, I might add.

Tact is the ability to step on a man's toes without messing up the shine on his shoes - Harry S Truman

ReplyQuote
Greyeagle
(@greyeagle)
Mayasich Level Moderator Golden
Rep Pts: 11345
Post on old board: 21741

Released with extreme prejudice.  

“When your best friend is the son of God, you get tired of losing every argument.”

― Christopher Moore, Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ReplyQuote
Steve MN
(@steve-mn)
Brooks Level Golden
Rep Pts: 5054
Post on old board: 10695

Posted by: @greyeagle

Released with extreme prejudice.  

I hope he walked slowly so the door hit him on the way out.

B1G refs... corrupt, or just incompetent?

ReplyQuote

College Hockey Addict
(@collegehockeyaddict)
Mariucci Level

BUCK has returned!!!

https://twitter.com/dohyoungpark/status/1834760741615747178

ReplyQuote
Page 12 / 13