40.2 K Views
Bertogliat
(@bertogliat)
Brooks Level Golden
Rep Pts: 4509
Post on old board: 12555

Posted by: @alabamagopher

Nicolas Cloutier of TVA Sports tweeted (Google translated from French):
"The Montreal Canadiens confirm to me that Rhett Pitlick is no longer a hope for the organization. Rhett, brother of Rem, former CH forward, has just finished his best season in the NCAA, but it clearly didn't convince the staff given the number of prospects on offense. 5th round pick in 2019. When Timmins and Shane Churla drafted Rhett Pitlick, they were praying that, in the best-case scenario, the youngster would develop into a Jake Guentzel-like player."

A Shane Churla reference?  Yay!  He was my favorite player when I was 16-18.  He was fearless and would kick people's ass.  I had no idea he was still in the league.  

ReplyQuote
maroon and gold
(@maroon_and_gold)
Mariucci Level
Rep Pts: 7918

Seems to me if he’s dead set on becoming a free agent that signing is likely. The only question is if he doesn’t like his offers does that sway him to play his senior year and make a bigger impression on GMs.

ReplyQuote
upnorthkid
(@upnorthkid)
Broten Level
Rep Pts: 2537

Posted by: @maroon_and_gold

Seems to me if he’s dead set on becoming a free agent that signing is likely. The only question is if he doesn’t like his offers does that sway him to play his senior year and make a bigger impression on GMs.

yeah I don’t know if he needs to declare he’s done to get a full slate of realistically AHL offers or if this becomes automatic in August, but I’d envision it’s going to be a tough time for a large number of offers given it’s now this late in free agency so I could definitely see him coming back and playing here for his final to try push to make the NHL. Wouldn’t think money is really a consideration given a brother in the NHL (as well as his dads history) so think they’d try wait for the “right” situation more than anything

ReplyQuote
Jupiter ♃
(@jupiter)
Brooks Level Admin
Rep Pts: 5599
Post on old board: 15786

Keep an eye on Pulltab Sports social media. They are dropping a golfing bit with Snuggy, Moore, Rinzel and Chesley today. 

Do not like how this board is run?
Get your own board!

ReplyQuote
maroon and gold
(@maroon_and_gold)
Mariucci Level

Posted by: @upnorthkid

yeah I don’t know if he needs to declare he’s done to get a full slate of realistically AHL offers or if this becomes automatic in August, but I’d envision it’s going to be a tough time for a large number of offers given it’s now this late in free agency so I could definitely see him coming back and playing here for his final to try push to make the NHL. Wouldn’t think money is really a consideration given a brother in the NHL (as well as his dads history) so think they’d try wait for the “right” situation more than anything

True but I gotta think his agent has been talking to teams since the end of the Gophers season (assuming that’s allowed I don’t actually know the rules). He might have some idea of where his offers stand before August 15th actually arrives.

ReplyQuote
upnorthkid
(@upnorthkid)
Broten Level

Posted by: @upnorthkid

True but I gotta think his agent has been talking to teams since the end of the Gophers season (assuming that’s allowed I don’t actually know the rules). He might have some idea of where his offers stand before August 15th actually arrives.

fair. No idea how the contact/tampering roles sure for the nhl

ReplyQuote
frozen4champs
(@frozen4champs)
Mayasich Level Golden
Rep Pts: 13282
Post on old board: 9626
Topic starter  

Here is the video Jup talked about. A small note from this is Rinzel has appeared to change his number to #2.

https://twitter.com/PulltabSports/status/1821347176963813412

I'm 50% factual and 50% sarcastic. When you get to know me, you will know which is which.

ReplyQuote

Jupiter ♃
(@jupiter)
Brooks Level Admin

The full video...

Get your own board!

Greyeagle reacted
ReplyQuote
Rau4SkiUMah
(@rau4skiumah)
Broten Level
Rep Pts: 2459

We’ve talked about our different favorite Gopher players but what are some favorite Gopher teams of all time? Maybe they didn’t win it all, maybe they did. But what is everyone’s favorite Gopher team that they ever watched? Maybe it was a team that was unstoppable, maybe it was a team that was super fun to watch, or maybe it was the team that helped you fall in love with Gopher hockey in the first place. For me that 2022-2023 team takes the cake but I’ll always have a special place in my heart for the 2013-2014 team. That was my freshman year of college, great all around team with a lot of fun and likable players, and of course who can forget 0.6! 

ReplyQuote
GopherPete
(@gopherpete)
Wooger Level
Rep Pts: 441

The '11-'12 team that brought Gopher hockey back was one of my favorites. 2022-2023 is up there too. I loved the teams with Bonin, Crowley, Kraft, Checco, etc

ReplyQuote
ddillon22
(@ddillon22)
Wooger Level
Rep Pts: 203

I would say the mid 80s era is my favorite like 86 to 88.  John Blue stood on his head against Janney and Leetch at BC to get to final four where we got beat by a zamboni door.  Then the next year, everyone left for the Olympics I think and we basically abandoned Stauber defensively the next year but he was amazing to get Hobey and to get us to the final four again.  And then of course the next year when people came back and hit an untimely post. 

ReplyQuote
gopher6
(@gopher6)
Bonin Level
Rep Pts: 1332
Post on old board: 5547

1979 was my favorite team

Aloha!

ReplyQuote
Slap Shot
(@slap-shot)
Mariucci Level Golden
Rep Pts: 7905
Post on old board: 18942

Probably one of the years Pat The Rat was there, the same for Crowley, 2002 or 2003 (one title was magical the other clinical), and 2022-23.  

ReplyQuote
Koho
 Koho
(@koho)
Wooger Level
Rep Pts: 370

First is 1980-81.  The Roseau line is the most dominant I've seen in college hockey.  Older brother had student season tickets so first year I could see a lot of games.  Coming off 1980 Miracle at Lake Placid, the fans couldn't be more pumped for hockey.  Favorite college player of all-time wins the Hobey despite being like 4th on team in scoring with a mere 71 (?) pts.  Really the season that hooked me.

2001-2002 -  Remember towards end of 2001 season telling my Dad this team was going to be in the Frozen 4 the next year and felt they had great chance to win it all, so we bought tickets to the F4.  Top D1 points scorer (and guy you can cheer for) and 2nd highest goal scorer in D1 on team, plus the Hobey winner on D, with maybe a better D corp than team 2-years ago. Hard to beat the way the last game went, in hometown, no less.

ReplyQuote

maroon and gold
(@maroon_and_gold)
Mariucci Level

Posted by: @gopherpete

The '11-'12 team that brought Gopher hockey back was one of my favorites. 2022-2023 is up there too. I loved the teams with Bonin, Crowley, Kraft, Checco, etc

Dang I thought I’d be the only one to say 2011-12. Such a fun year. To me that was peak Rau, Haula, Bjugstad, Schmidt. Brought the MacNaughton back to Mariucci after some rough years. Played the sue 6 times with some absolute classic games. Return the Frozen Four after 7 years even if it was a Frozen Four to forget.

ReplyQuote
uofm86
(@uofm86)
Lucia Level
Rep Pts: 67

Three way tie, and two of them lost in the National Title game. The 1979 team was so much fun to watch. Then the 1981 team and the 1989 teams. The championship game against Harvard in 89 was one of the best hockey games I have ever seen, unfortunately it did not end the right way. 

ReplyQuote
Ski U Mantra
(@ski-u-mantra)
Lucia Level
Rep Pts: 26

FYI...FREE Big Ten Plus annual subscription with code UCLAEIGHTCLAP. It says you have to be first time subscriber, not sure if true or not but the code worked for a free year. Not sure how long it'll be live. Enjoy!

https://www.bigtenplus.com/en-int/page/welcome-ucla-fans

ReplyQuote
rowshkex
(@rowshkex)
Wooger Level
Rep Pts: 342
Post on old board: 5728

Posted by: @ski-u-mantra

FYI...FREE Big Ten Plus annual subscription with code UCLAEIGHTCLAP. It says you have to be first time subscriber, not sure if true or not but the code worked for a free year. Not sure how long it'll be live. Enjoy!

https://www.bigtenplus.com/en-int/page/welcome-ucla-fans

I subscribed LAST year on 10/4/24 with the 50% off GPL code.

I tried THIS code today and it did not work--I can add the promo code and it takes the price down to $0, but then when I try to finish the purchase it tells me, "You already have this product" even if I "unsubscribe" (which looks like it is just cancelling auto-renew).

I'll give it a shot on 10/4 to see if it get it free 😀

ReplyQuote
Ski U Mantra
(@ski-u-mantra)
Lucia Level
Rep Pts: 26

@rowshkex then I'm guessing you do in fact need a new account for the promo to work. I created one and it worked. Looks like they did USC last week, now the UCLA one is live.

ReplyQuote
g-manpuck
(@g-manpuck)
Broten Level Golden
Rep Pts: 2523
Post on old board: 6782

Nice!  Worked for me!

I am the official Iowa Hawkeye football fan of GPL!

ReplyQuote
Chris83
(@chris83)
Bonin Level Golden
Rep Pts: 1342
Post on old board: 5215

Not too familiar with the B1G+ packages. If I was able to redeem this promo, what would I have access to stream? Would it just be the UCLA events?

ReplyQuote

Cowgirl
(@cowgirl)
Mariucci Level Golden
Rep Pts: 7720
Post on old board: 10120

Posted by: @chris83

Not too familiar with the B1G+ packages. If I was able to redeem this promo, what would I have access to stream? Would it just be the UCLA events?

Here’s what it says if you click on the link…makes me a little wary that it sounds too good to be true…  Hoping we get another GPL code this year… @jupiter?

• As a first-time subscriber, you will gain access to all non-televised Big Ten events, including the season openers for both men's and women's soccer in addition to all non-televised UCLA events throughout the year.

ReplyQuote
Jupiter ♃
(@jupiter)
Brooks Level Admin

From what I know, all of the individual packages are gone. They did a big overhaul or something.

Get your own board!

ReplyQuote
Cowgirl
(@cowgirl)
Mariucci Level Golden
Rep Pts: 7720
Post on old board: 10120

Posted by: @jupiter

From what I know, all of the individual packages are gone. They did a big overhaul or something.

but of course - then you have to pay full price for the whole thing vs. a cheaper price to just watch your school! 😬

ReplyQuote
Boats
(@boats)
Stauber Level
Rep Pts: 773

ReplyQuote
Eric Vegoe
(@eric-vegoe)
Bonin Level
Rep Pts: 1392

Not sure why the graphic was posted today, but the ND-UMN agreement was finalized back in May.

https://twitter.com/SchlossmanGF/status/1788244487615000922

ReplyQuote
Steve MN
(@steve-mn)
Brooks Level Golden
Rep Pts: 5065
Post on old board: 10695

You can't really tell in that pic because my face is blocked by his arm/glove, but that's me that high-fiving Nelson against the glass.

B1G refs... corrupt, or just incompetent?

Rau4SkiUMah reacted
ReplyQuote
Rau4SkiUMah
(@rau4skiumah)
Broten Level

Jess just tweeted that based off the “gopher folks” that he’s talked to he fully expects Rhett Pitlick to sign a professional contract tomorrow. 

Dcboe reacted
ReplyQuote

Boats
(@boats)
Stauber Level

Best of luck to him. I think another year of college hockey could only help him. But if this is what he and his advisors thinks is best for him, I hope it works out.

Rau4SkiUMah reacted
ReplyQuote
Slap Shot
(@slap-shot)
Mariucci Level Golden

I swear I recently looked at the countdown clock and there was 66 days left, but upon looking just now it's at 58!

prance lol GIF by Challenger

ReplyQuote
Jankwi01
(@jankwi01)
Lucia Level
Rep Pts: 106

@boats 

Unlikely we make the Frozen Four now

ReplyQuote
Slap Shot
(@slap-shot)
Mariucci Level Golden

Posted by: @jankwi01

@boats 

Season's over.

Rau4SkiUMah reacted
ReplyQuote
upnorthkid
(@upnorthkid)
Broten Level

Might as well just shut down the program while we’re at it given bobs stopped recruiting players

ReplyQuote
BlueBandit24
(@bluebandit24)
Bonin Level Golden
Rep Pts: 1258

No Pitlick. No recruits. No hope. Put it on the wall like Notre Dame's "Play Like A Champion".

ReplyQuote
Jupiter ♃
(@jupiter)
Brooks Level Admin

Posted by: @slap-shot

I swear I recently looked at the countdown clock and there was 66 days left, but upon looking just now it's at 58!

I actually made a small tweak to the countdown clock yesterday when I found out the the Vegas game time will be 9:15pm Central. So the clock was extended a few hours longer.

Get your own board!

ReplyQuote

Slap Shot
(@slap-shot)
Mariucci Level Golden

I actually made a small tweak to the countdown clock yesterday when I found out the the Vegas game time will be 9:15pm Central. So the clock was extended a few hours longer.

Angry Shakes Fist GIF by Big Brother

ReplyQuote
Boats
(@boats)
Stauber Level

Posted by: @jankwi01

@boats 

I don't know if this is a joke and it is just going over my head, but this team can 100% handle the loss of Pitty. I think he would make the team better, but with the other guys I am not particularly worried. We will still have two of the better lines in college hockey. A mix of experience and talent on the third line. And an admittedly untested 4th line, but a 4th line full of players who have already proven they can produce in the USHL and on the USA teams. Mix that with a D core that should be very very good with returning players and some very good freshman. I think this will be a fun year

ReplyQuote
maroon and gold
(@maroon_and_gold)
Mariucci Level

I think everyone was just joking. This team will be just fine.

Boats reacted
ReplyQuote
Jupiter ♃
(@jupiter)
Brooks Level Admin

Angry Shakes Fist GIF by Big Brother

One day later and it moves out another 15m since the time is now 9:30pm

Laughing Out Loud

Get your own board!

Slap Shot reacted
ReplyQuote
mlhouse
(@mlhouse)
Wooger Level
Rep Pts: 388

Posted by: @boats

Best of luck to him. I think another year of college hockey could only help him. But if this is what he and his advisors thinks is best for him, I hope it works out.

Whatever they decide I guess but I think it would be a huge mistake for Rhett Pitlick to turn pro this season.  He simply is not ready for the NHL and I think he will just be another of the list of guys who turn professional, spend a bit of time at the AHL level, then drop to the lower minor hockey leagues and/or play in foreign leagues.  

I am not saying that isn't a worthwhile career.   But why rush to that?  AS a basic entry level player (not a top level draft pick/prospect) he can easily insure himself for injury and also get some NIL money to keep him here.  It is clear to me and it should be clear to him what areas of his game he needs to improve on and he should come in dedicated to that improvement.   He has improved every year offensive production wise (18 - 25 - 36 points) and lets see if he can produce a 20-20 year while playing much better defense. 

That will create a legacy for him that he cannot get as a professional hockey player and the fact is, this team can compete for the National Championship.  IF they win that, Pitlick would be a permanent part of Gopher Hockey history and people will want to see him at team reunions.  If he moves on, he will just be one of the good but not great players we have had.

ReplyQuote
BoninTheBear
(@boninthebear)
Micheletti Level
Rep Pts: 541

The real question becomes who do they bring in at Forward?

ReplyQuote
BlueBandit24
(@bluebandit24)
Bonin Level Golden

Of players officially committed, Townsend makes the most sense, though far from ideal. Unsure if any uncommitted players or anyone in the portal would be an option. 

ReplyQuote

Go4birdvowel
(@go4birdvowel)
Wooger Level
Rep Pts: 248

@boninthebear 

I think Nevers returning hinged on Pitlick’s decision not to come back and Bob has probably known since then. My guess is they just add a practice player. 

ReplyQuote
Jankwi01
(@jankwi01)
Lucia Level
Rep Pts: 106

@boninthebear 

I don't know. I will say if you believe USHL numbers matter then Pahlsson, Hendrickson and Ziemer are likely going to contribute as freshman.

ReplyQuote
maroon and gold
(@maroon_and_gold)
Mariucci Level

Wood-Moore-Snuggerud

Ziemer-Huglen-Lamb

Pahlsson-Clark-Kurth

Hendrickson-Mittelstadt-Nevers

Where exactly is the hole they need to fill?

ReplyQuote
Rau4SkiUMah
(@rau4skiumah)
Broten Level

Wood-Moore-Snuggerud

Ziemer-Huglen-Lamb

Pahlsson-Clark-Kurth

Not to mention a solid role player in Falloon who, it sounds like, was perfectly capable and comfortable playing in the USHL and is an older guy coming with that good level of compete and experience. Anyone in that forward group goes down or leaves for the WJC and he sounds like he’s more than capable of stepping into a bottom six spot. 

ReplyQuote
BlueBandit24
(@bluebandit24)
Bonin Level Golden

@maroon_and_gold It does look good on paper. Given this is a great opportunity to build a great team, you wonder if tBob wants to take no chances with injury, but admittedly the scholarship situation could be set and it is possible the staff planned for this possibility.

ReplyQuote
MikeEruzione11
(@mikeeruzione11)
Brooks Level Golden
Rep Pts: 4808

No news or rumors on Rhett?

ReplyQuote
BoninTheBear
(@boninthebear)
Micheletti Level
Rep Pts: 541

Wood-Moore-Snuggerud

Ziemer-Huglen-Lamb

Pahlsson-Clark-Kurth

You are 1 injury and WJC flight delay away from a difficult series at a critical time.

ReplyQuote

Hey_Sioux_Suck
(@hey_sioux_suck)
Wooger Level
Rep Pts: 272

Posted by: @boninthebear

Wood-Moore-Snuggerud

Ziemer-Huglen-Lamb

Pahlsson-Clark-Kurth

You are 1 injury and WJC flight delay away from a difficult series at a critical time.

Injuries happen and can kneecap any team.  The Gophers will already be without the WJC players for the Mercyhurst series.  Which is fine, considering the alternative would be conference games outdoors in Chicago.  

ReplyQuote
Page 24 / 28