33 Users
36 Reactions
frozen4champs
(@frozen4champs)
Mayasich Level Golden
Rep Pts: 13434
Post on old board: 9626
Topic starter  

https://twitter.com/GrubaLeo/status/1841103062724743254?t=0sR5uU3OoZ_JgKzsSRlcmw&s=19

I'm 50% factual and 50% sarcastic. When you get to know me, you will know which is which.

ReplyQuote
bearpaw28
(@bearpaw28)
Leopold Level
Rep Pts: 1533
Post on old board: 6912

Posted by: @boninthebear

Posted by: @slap-shot

This is the Gophers hockey season thread.

Anyway that's like when Gophers football recruiting is rated highly before the rest of the Big Ten teams fill in their recruits.  I wouldn't be too worried about a team that was (25th?) in the PWR last year and now has to rely upon 11 newbies.  

My point is we’ll get a road sweep and they’ll finish strong helping our PairWise.  

I luv U Bonin, you’re the gift that keeps on giving…predicting an early season road 🧹 playing at Amsoil Arena where the Gophers last won a game on October 15, 2011…PRICELESS! 

ReplyQuote
YoungEagle
(@youngeagle)
Leopold Level Golden
Rep Pts: 1902

Posted by: @bearpaw28

Anyway that's like when Gophers football recruiting is rated highly before the rest of the Big Ten teams fill in their recruits.  I wouldn't be too worried about a team that was (25th?) in the PWR last year and now has to rely upon 11 newbies.  

My point is we’ll get a road sweep and they’ll finish strong helping our PairWise.  

I luv U Bonin, you’re the gift that keeps on giving…predicting an early season road 🧹 playing in Amsoil Arena where the Gophers have yet to win a game since it opened in January 2011…Priceless! 

This statement is not correct.. Their record is not good, but they swept the puppy dogs in 2011-2012 in Duluth.

https://gophersports.com/sports/mens-ice-hockey/schedule/2011-12

'29, '40, '74, '76, '79, '02, & '03
GPL's Resident Cabin Enthusiast & Cadets Hockey Fan

ReplyQuote
bearpaw28
(@bearpaw28)
Leopold Level

Posted by: @youngeagle

I luv U Bonin, you’re the gift that keeps on giving…predicting an early season road 🧹 playing in Amsoil Arena where the Gophers have yet to win a game since it opened in January 2011…Priceless! 

This statement is not correct.. Their record is not good, but they swept the puppy dogs in 2011-2012 in Duluth.

https://gophersports.com/sports/mens-ice-hockey/schedule/2011-12

I stand corrected Young Eagle, it’s been so long it took awhile to look up…lol…it’s only been 13 years. 😉 Look, I have no idea how the Bulldogs will do this season, some of the freshmen have good track records playing junior hockey + Captain Dominic James return from a season long injury…but who knows, hoping for a bounce back season after two extremely disappointing seasons following a pretty nice decade (long) run. 

ReplyQuote
maroon and gold
(@maroon_and_gold)
Mariucci Level
Rep Pts: 8091

Anyone know where I can find a breakdown of how Duluth looks this year I’m really jonesing to know

MikeEruzione11, upnorthkid, trixR4kids and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Jupiter ♃
(@jupiter)
Brooks Level Admin
Rep Pts: 5644
Post on old board: 15786

Posted by: @maroon_and_gold

Anyone know where I can find a breakdown of how Duluth looks this year I’m really jonesing to know

http://umdpenaltybox.com

Do not like how this board is run?
Get your own board!

g-manpuck, YoungEagle, gopheritall and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Slap Shot
(@slap-shot)
Mariucci Level Golden
Rep Pts: 7965
Post on old board: 18942

Posted by: @jupiter

Happy Cracking Up GIF

ReplyQuote

upnorthkid
(@upnorthkid)
Broten Level
Rep Pts: 2598

i have it on good authority they’re looking possible title contenders according to one fan

ReplyQuote
Go4birdvowel
(@go4birdvowel)
Wooger Level
Rep Pts: 249

ReplyQuote
Jankwi01
(@jankwi01)
Lucia Level
Rep Pts: 113

@bearpaw28 who the **** are you?

ReplyQuote
Steve MN
(@steve-mn)
Brooks Level Golden
Rep Pts: 5196
Post on old board: 10695

Posted by: @jankwi01

The token Duluth fan.

B1G refs... corrupt, or just incompetent?

ReplyQuote
MikeEruzione11
(@mikeeruzione11)
Brooks Level Golden
Rep Pts: 4830

Don’t take him seriously. He doesn’t even watch the games.

Steve MN reacted
ReplyQuote
bearpaw28
(@bearpaw28)
Leopold Level

lmao…I’ve been posting on this message board a hell of a lot longer than U dufus! And all I insinuated was that BonintheBear talking smack predicting a road sweep against a team the Gophers haven’t won a game in their building in 13 years is a bit much. 

ReplyQuote
maroon and gold
(@maroon_and_gold)
Mariucci Level

We like you bearpaw just not Duluth 😉

ReplyQuote

mnrouser
(@mnrouser)
Lucia Level
Rep Pts: 58

@bearpaw28  yes, you have been posting on this message board for a while but what gets old is you taking pot shots at the Gopher program ON a Gopher hockey message board. Please, just post your UMD comments on the college hockey thread unless it's the week we play UMD.

Steve MN reacted
ReplyQuote
maroon and gold
(@maroon_and_gold)
Mariucci Level

lmao…I’ve been posting on this message board a hell of a lot longer than U dufus! And all I insinuated was that BonintheBear talking smack predicting a road sweep against a team the Gophers haven’t won a game in their building in 13 years is a bit much. 

Conveniently didn’t play in Duluth in 12-13, 13-14, 16-17, 20-21 and 22-23, most of our best teams over the past decade. But yes Amsoil has been a house of horrors for the Gophers can confirm unfortunately.

ReplyQuote
bearpaw28
(@bearpaw28)
Leopold Level

Posted by: @mikeeruzione11

Don’t take him seriously. He doesn’t even watch the games.

lol…I’ve lived in the Twin Cities since 1982 and had cable tv, I’ve probably watched or attended more Gopher hockey games than 90% of GPL. And I rooted hard for & celebrated when the Gopher went back back-to-back winning Nattys in 2002 & 2003. And a decent amount of GPLers were more than OK when little bro to the North won it in 2011. Since then it’s clearly been a different story as little bro has outshined big bro in the postseason. If pointing out it’s been 21 years is a pot shot, so be it, but also consider the competitive arrogance many GPLers exhibit over regular season achievements & then get back to me. 

ReplyQuote
Slap Shot
(@slap-shot)
Mariucci Level Golden

Going back to 2010. Not sure how many of those games UMD had 11 Fr and/or were against a Top 5 rated Gophers team. 😉 

ReplyQuote
bearpaw28
(@bearpaw28)
Leopold Level

@slap-shot What does that have to do with anything? So does this mean U concur with Bonins prediction Slap Shot? At least Bonin deserves some credit for sticking his neck out on occasion, despite how misguided. lol The record is the record, 13 years for a blue blood program is 13 years, imagine the avalanche of crap falling your way if it was 13 years since winning at the Ralph? lol

ReplyQuote
Cowgirl
(@cowgirl)
Mariucci Level Golden
Rep Pts: 7786
Post on old board: 10120

This is why we stopped supporting little bro after 2011. The fans quickly became arrogant jerks.  😁

Time to put the annoying little brother back in their place!  In the closet, tied up with a jump rope and underwear stuck on their head.  

(I may or may not have actually done this to my little brother). 😂

Rau4SkiUMah reacted
ReplyQuote
Kelly Red
(@kelly-red)
Broten Level Golden
Rep Pts: 2410

@cowgirl 🤣

Note: Due to inflation dirty deeds will no longer be done dirt cheap.

ReplyQuote

College Hockey Addict
(@collegehockeyaddict)
Mariucci Level
Rep Pts: 8274

The Bulldogs record the past two seasons 28-40-6. 

Last season they finished 7th place out of 8 teams in the conference. The two seasons before that they finished 5th place in the conference.

The past two seasons they had their season ended in the first round of conference playoffs.

The Gophers won the series against the Bulldog last season (a win and a tie).

The Gophers have 55 wins at Duluth. The Bulldogs have 45 wins at home against the Gophers.

The Gophers have 75 wins at home against the Bulldogs. The Bulldogs have 35 wins at the Gophers.

ReplyQuote
College Hockey Addict
(@collegehockeyaddict)
Mariucci Level
Rep Pts: 8274

Regarding the Gophers 24/25 season which is what this thread is about I am looking forward to seeing the new players which as a group are older and bring a lot of talent with that extra experience.

It will be interesting to see if coach spreads out the freshmen on all three of the 2-4 lines or if he goes with a second line made up of upper class men like he has the two previous seasons.

I don't think the goalie situation is a question mark especially when you factor in the experience we have on defense. I was a fan of Close but I think the goalies we have to take over will show what they can do quite well.

ReplyQuote
Slap Shot
(@slap-shot)
Mariucci Level Golden

@slap-shot What does that have to do with anything? So does this mean U concur with Bonins prediction Slap Shot? At least Bonin deserves some credit for sticking his neck out on occasion, despite how misguided. lol The record is the record, 13 years for a blue blood program is 13 years, imagine the avalanche of crap falling your way if it was 13 years since winning at the Ralph? lol

Good Lord - more than one person discussed recent results so I shared them.  Is that really a cryptic concept for you? I added a little bit at the end for snark because 1) This is a UM centric board and 2) It's a rivalry and rivalries are supposed to be fun.

Methinks you take this all a bit too seriously.  Maybe take a break for awhile. 

ReplyQuote
Boats
(@boats)
Stauber Level
Rep Pts: 815

https://twitter.com/gopherhockey/status/1841538967633559746?s=46&t=0KFTpzlvGvQO6weRJohPMg

six letters is wild. All deserved, but wow

ReplyQuote
upnorthkid
(@upnorthkid)
Broten Level
Rep Pts: 2598

@boats feels like an aggressive number but I’d assume players voted and this is how it shook out? Lot of guys to go talk to the ref when they inevitably make a bad call 😅

Boats reacted
ReplyQuote
Boats
(@boats)
Stauber Level
Rep Pts: 815

@upnorthkid 

https://twitter.com/mariuccimaniacs/status/1841540024124506196?s=46&t=0KFTpzlvGvQO6weRJohPMg

Right in line with what you said and had me laughing haha

Cowgirl, upnorthkid, Greyeagle and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
maroon and gold
(@maroon_and_gold)
Mariucci Level

6 seems a bit aggressive lmao we knew there’d be a lot to choose from but damn they just said screw choosing we’ll give one to everyone

ReplyQuote

Snowcool08
(@snowcool08)
Bonin Level Golden
Rep Pts: 1244
Post on old board: 6069

6 seems a bit aggressive lmao we knew there’d be a lot to choose from but damn they just said screw choosing we’ll give one to everyone

Football does it, why can't hockey.  Seriously everyone on the football team is a captain.  

ReplyQuote
Greyeagle
(@greyeagle)
Mayasich Level Moderator Golden
Rep Pts: 11469
Post on old board: 21741

I can't believe I was passed over for a captaincy.  

oh come on arrested development GIF

“When your best friend is the son of God, you get tired of losing every argument.”

― Christopher Moore, Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ReplyQuote
YoungEagle
(@youngeagle)
Leopold Level Golden
Rep Pts: 1902

Maybe this team just has some seriously good leadership and the coaches recognize that.  Nothing wrong with that. 

'29, '40, '74, '76, '79, '02, & '03
GPL's Resident Cabin Enthusiast & Cadets Hockey Fan

ReplyQuote
Bertogliat
(@bertogliat)
Brooks Level Golden
Rep Pts: 4566
Post on old board: 12555

Posted by: @snowcool08

Football does it, why can't hockey.  Seriously everyone on the football team is a captain.  

There are 100 players on the football team.

ReplyQuote
Bertogliat
(@bertogliat)
Brooks Level Golden
Rep Pts: 4566
Post on old board: 12555

Posted by: @youngeagle

Maybe this team just has some seriously good leadership and the coaches recognize that.  Nothing wrong with that. 

That's true, but there should never be too many cooks in the kitchen.  Which captain do players listen to?

one C, two A....that's plenty.

ReplyQuote
BoninTheBear
(@boninthebear)
Micheletti Level
Rep Pts: 578

What I see in the data is the Gophers are 2W, 1T, 1L at Amsoil when playing a full weekend there.  Not representative factoring in the home and homes.  That coupled with the rosters, clearly brooms.

Rau4SkiUMah reacted
ReplyQuote
frozen4champs
(@frozen4champs)
Mayasich Level Golden
Topic starter  

https://twitter.com/GopherHockey/status/1841521235072635231

I'm 50% factual and 50% sarcastic. When you get to know me, you will know which is which.

ReplyQuote

g-manpuck
(@g-manpuck)
Broten Level Golden
Rep Pts: 2584
Post on old board: 6782

I'm sorry but not sorry for saying this...Huglen deserved a C after the way he was put in front of the mic after losing the chipper.  He has been put in front of the mic plenty of times and has been phenomenal as a spokesperson for the team.  I don't think there has been a time where I can recall Koster, Chesley, or Snuggy being at a presser in a tough situation and shined like Huglen.  

I am the official Iowa Hawkeye football fan of GPL!

ReplyQuote
frozen4champs
(@frozen4champs)
Mayasich Level Golden
Topic starter  

https://twitter.com/StateOfHoppy/status/1841585109121806453

ReplyQuote
JWG
 JWG
(@jwg)
Leopold Level Golden
Rep Pts: 1912
Post on old board: 8686

Posted by: @jupiter

ReplyQuote
MarkHockey
(@markhockey)
Rep Pts: 4

Any line combo/D-pairing predictions?

Apologies if I missed a post on this already...!

ReplyQuote
bearpaw28
(@bearpaw28)
Leopold Level

Posted by: @collegehockeyaddict

The Bulldogs record the past two seasons 28-40-6. 

Last season they finished 7th place out of 8 teams in the conference. The two seasons before that they finished 5th place in the conference.

The past two seasons they had their season ended in the first round of conference playoffs.

The Gophers won the series against the Bulldog last season (a win and a tie).

The Gophers have 55 wins at Duluth. The Bulldogs have 45 wins at home against the Gophers.

The Gophers have 75 wins at home against the Bulldogs. The Bulldogs have 35 wins at the Gophers.

No shit the Bulldogs have SUCKED the past two seasons, especially being only 3-4 years removed from going back to back & arguably being the top contender in covid shortened 2020. This year with 11 freshmen will be a hard reset (I still don’t see them getting swept at home though vs a team their coach describes as the enemy) ALRIGHT…everyone can now return to speculating on line combinations for an exhibition game vs Jan Brady U…lol

ReplyQuote
bearpaw28
(@bearpaw28)
Leopold Level

Posted by: @boats

https://twitter.com/gopherhockey/status/1841538967633559746?s=46&t=0KFTpzlvGvQO6weRJohPMg

Maybe not getting a letter induced Rhett to ⚡️ ?             Too soon? 😉

Greyeagle reacted
ReplyQuote
gopher6
(@gopher6)
Bonin Level
Rep Pts: 1342
Post on old board: 5547

Posted by: @boats

Maybe not getting a letter induced Rhett to ⚡️ ?             Too soon? 😉

4 C I have never had seen this before

Aloha!

ReplyQuote

Steve MN
(@steve-mn)
Brooks Level Golden

95izwh

Cowgirl and bearpaw28 reacted
ReplyQuote
Cowgirl
(@cowgirl)
Mariucci Level Golden
Rep Pts: 7786
Post on old board: 10120

Posted by: @steve-mn

-- attachment is not available --

I thought this exact thing but don’t how to generate images. 😂 

ReplyQuote
Steve MN
(@steve-mn)
Brooks Level Golden

Posted by: @cowgirl

Posted by: @steve-mn

-- attachment is not available --

I thought this exact thing but don’t how to generate images. 😂 

I'm guessing at least half of GPL thought that exact thing when they read the listing.  I was just the first one to think to go to a meme generator site to get one to post.

ReplyQuote
frozen4champs
(@frozen4champs)
Mayasich Level Golden
Topic starter  

Do I think that 6 players wearing letters is a bit excessive?  Yes. But I'm not going to lose any sleep over it. I have seen it posted elsewhere that it means they don't have any real leaders or that Bob is letting the players do whatever they want by naming that many. Let's judge the team by the way they play on the ice and not by how many players are captains. Lets drop the puck so we can debate important issues like who is on the PP or who should be playing on the Snuggy-Moore line. Retro Goldy  

Steve MN reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2