13.5 K Views
Slap Shot
(@slap-shot)
Mariucci Level Golden
Rep Pts: 7800
Post on old board: 18942

This guy seems to think the Twins have "money issues":

https://twitter.com/TwinsCentral1/status/1815753055914389990

I said the only money issues they have are cheap owners.  

bearpaw28 reacted
ReplyQuote
camo coat guy
(@camo-coat-guy)
Micheletti Level
Rep Pts: 726

Big walk off win! Theilbar gave up a big 2 out 2 run hit but they battled back in the late innings down 4-1 to win it on Kepler’s 501’st rbi

ReplyQuote
College Hockey Addict
(@collegehockeyaddict)
Mariucci Level
Rep Pts: 8054

So Philadelphia (who has the best record by three games) has their three best pitchers each start a game while the Twins don't have Ryan or Lopez start in the series and don't have any of their three best hitters (Lewis, Correa, and Miranda) yet the Twins win the series.

The Twins are now 18-8 against Philadelphia (2-1), Kansas City (5-2), Boston (2-1), Houston (4-2) and Seattle (5-2) winning all eight series they've played against them. At least 3 (maybe more) of these teams are likely to make the playoffs.

ReplyQuote
frozen4champs
(@frozen4champs)
Mayasich Level Golden
Rep Pts: 13211
Post on old board: 9626

Posted by: @collegehockeyaddict

So Philadelphia (who has the best record by three games) has their three best pitchers each start a game while the Twins don't have Ryan or Lopez start in the series and don't have any of their three best hitters (Lewis, Correa, and Miranda) yet the Twins win the series.

The Twins are now 18-8 against Philadelphia (2-1), Kansas City (5-2), Boston (2-1), Houston (4-2) and Seattle (5-2) winning all eight series they've played against them. At least 3 (maybe more) of these teams are likely to make the playoffs.

Careful. Positivity may not be looked upon kindly in these parts. 😆 

I'm 50% factual and 50% sarcastic. When you get to know me, you will know which is which.

ReplyQuote
College Hockey Addict
(@collegehockeyaddict)
Mariucci Level

I roll into town.

The Town: We don't like your kind around here. 🤣 

ReplyQuote
College Hockey Addict
(@collegehockeyaddict)
Mariucci Level

On the morning of April 22nd the Twins were 7-13. They are 49-32 since which is a 98 win pace. Overall the Twins are 56-45 which is a 90 win pace.

ReplyQuote
Greyeagle
(@greyeagle)
Mayasich Level Moderator Golden
Rep Pts: 11259
Post on old board: 21741

On the morning of April 22nd the Twins were 7-13. They are 49-32 since which is a 98 win pace. Overall the Twins are 56-45 which is a 90 win pace.

Sir!  Please understand this is an optimistic free zone.

“When your best friend is the son of God, you get tired of losing every argument.”

― Christopher Moore, Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ReplyQuote

College Hockey Addict
(@collegehockeyaddict)
Mariucci Level

The Pohlads are cheapskates. Lewis and Buxton are always hurt. Correa's and Buxton's contracts are killing the team. They have no pitching. The team should have just been contracted when they had the chance after all they are never on TV anyway.

Did I do this right? 😉 

ReplyQuote
The Rube
(@the-rube)
Mariucci Level Golden
Rep Pts: 8234
Post on old board: 35040

Posted by: @greyeagle

Sir!  Please understand this is an optimistic free zone.

90 wins, whoopee! Still gonna lose in the first  second round of the playoffs. 

When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the United States you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

ReplyQuote
Slap Shot
(@slap-shot)
Mariucci Level Golden

It's possible to both be a fan and recognize some of the positives, while also recognizing the owners do not do enough overall to make the Twins a bona fide threat to go deep in the playoffs.

ReplyQuote
MikeEruzione11
(@mikeeruzione11)
Brooks Level Golden
Rep Pts: 4803

Posted by: @slap-shot

It's possible to both be a fan and recognize some of the positives, while also recognizing the owners do not do enough overall to make the Twins a bona fide threat to go deep in the playoffs.

Agreed. Especially when an organization doesn’t make it possible for their local market to easily watch their games. People are going to be frustrated. You reap what you sow. 

ReplyQuote
Bertogliat
(@bertogliat)
Brooks Level Golden
Rep Pts: 4458
Post on old board: 12555

Posted by: @mikeeruzione11

Posted by: @slap-shot

Agreed. Especially when an organization doesn’t make it possible for their local market to easily watch their games. People are going to be frustrated. You reap what you sow. 

I have seen reports that Bally's and Comcast are close to a deal and we may have games back on TV in two weeks, maybe one.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/40633273/diamond-makes-substantial-progress-comcast-deal-mlb

ReplyQuote
College Hockey Addict
(@collegehockeyaddict)
Mariucci Level

Detroit you have a problem!!! #RoyceIsBack

https://twitter.com/tlschwerz/status/1816608184674464049

ReplyQuote
College Hockey Addict
(@collegehockeyaddict)
Mariucci Level

ReplyQuote

College Hockey Addict
(@collegehockeyaddict)
Mariucci Level

For the 2nd straight game Brooks Lee is the starting SS. On Wednesday Willi Castro played 3B and today 2B. Normally when Correa is out it has been Castro at SS. 

I take this to be a case of the team initially due to Lee being new to the majors wanting him to play 3B and 2B which can be easier than SS and they were very comfortable with Willi at SS but after seeing Lee play really well defensively at 3B and 2B they recently decided there was no reason to not to let him play the position he played in college and in the minors SS. 

https://twitter.com/Twins/status/1816916655307661428

ReplyQuote
Cowgirl
(@cowgirl)
Mariucci Level Golden
Rep Pts: 7690
Post on old board: 10120

So the Tigers’ city connect jerseys are supposed to make it look like they got run over….?

🤭

ReplyQuote
Karlsson
(@karlsson)
Brooks Level
Rep Pts: 5506

Posted by: @cowgirl

So the Tigers’ city connect jerseys are supposed to make it look like they got run over….?

🤭

Like most of these, they aren’t pretty but have cool things on it. 

The modified M-1 sign as a shoulder patch is neat, and the font of the lettering and numbering being the same as a VIN is fun. 

Cowgirl reacted
ReplyQuote
Cowgirl
(@cowgirl)
Mariucci Level Golden

This has a nice run down of the city connects.  

https://www.mlb.com/stories/every-mlb-city-connect-jersey

ReplyQuote
College Hockey Addict
(@collegehockeyaddict)
Mariucci Level

There are only two teams in the AL (Cleveland & Baltimore) that have fewer loses than the Twins.

The Yankees and Twins both have 45 loses.

Tonight the Twins 7, 8, and 9 batters (Matt Wallner, Brooks Lee, and Christian Vazquez) reached base safely 11 times (7 hits and 4 walks). They had 2 home runs and 5 RBIs.

Is there anything Christian Vazquez can't do? 😉 

https://twitter.com/dohyoungpark/status/1816989202334253330

https://twitter.com/dohyoungpark/status/1817005804895011260

Matt Wallner has now hit home runs in back to back games. The home run he hits on Wednesday flew further than most Delta passenger have this week. 😉 The center fielder and the right fielder barely even move. They are like no need to. 🤣 

https://twitter.com/dohyoungpark/status/1816169036356448634

ReplyQuote
College Hockey Addict
(@collegehockeyaddict)
Mariucci Level

ReplyQuote
Bertogliat
(@bertogliat)
Brooks Level Golden

Tough match up today.  Could use Miranda’s bat.

ReplyQuote

College Hockey Addict
(@collegehockeyaddict)
Mariucci Level

The Twins shut out Detroit 5-0 out hitting the Tigers 12 to 1.

Bailey Ober throws 8 shut out innings giving up only one hit and striking out 11.

#TheBeardedNightmare

https://twitter.com/Audra_Martin/status/1817645425387528249

https://twitter.com/AaronGleeman/status/1817653435220803833

https://twitter.com/DanHayesMLB/status/1817654460627513705

https://twitter.com/AaronGleeman/status/1817655807561130406

ReplyQuote
Cowgirl
(@cowgirl)
Mariucci Level Golden

Dog GIF

@collegehockeyaddict is this what you had in mind? 😉

ReplyQuote
College Hockey Addict
(@collegehockeyaddict)
Mariucci Level

Philadelphia who has the best record overall lost back to back series against the Twins and Cleveland (at home) this week. They can't compete with the big boys of the AL Central. 😉 

Three of the top 5 records in the AL (3 of the top 8 records overall) are in the AL Central.

Cleveland has the best record in the AL and is only 2 games behind Philadelphia for the best record overall.

ReplyQuote
frozen4champs
(@frozen4champs)
Mayasich Level Golden

Philadelphia who has the best record overall lost back to back series against the Twins and Cleveland (at home) this week. They can't compete with the big boys of the AL Central. 😉 

Three of the top 5 records in the AL (3 of the top 8 records overall) are in the AL Central.

Cleveland has the best record in the AL and is only 2 games behind Philadelphia for the best record overall.

I bet the fans on "Phillies Baseball Live" site are going crazy and saying their season is over... 😉 

I'm 50% factual and 50% sarcastic. When you get to know me, you will know which is which.

ReplyQuote
Slap Shot
(@slap-shot)
Mariucci Level Golden

ReplyQuote
MikeEruzione11
(@mikeeruzione11)
Brooks Level Golden
Rep Pts: 4803

but @slap-shot according to other posters on here we are not allowed to criticize ownership or the team. 

ReplyQuote
bearpaw28
(@bearpaw28)
Bonin Level
Rep Pts: 1456
Post on old board: 6912

Posted by: @mikeeruzione11

but @slap-shot according to other posters on here we are not allowed to criticize ownership or the team. 

F—K that assertion. Love the Twins team, loathe the Twins owners is a prevalent theme…has been for roughly 30 years! 

ReplyQuote

College Hockey Addict
(@collegehockeyaddict)
Mariucci Level

I don't think I have ever said anything nice about the owners.

I just prefer to enjoy what the Twins GM, manager, and players are doing with the limited resources the owners give them. They are at a huge disadvantage as compared to other teams that have owners that give their GM, manager, players way more resources.

ReplyQuote
College Hockey Addict
(@collegehockeyaddict)
Mariucci Level

ReplyQuote
Karlsson
(@karlsson)
Brooks Level

I just prefer to enjoy what the Twins GM, manager, and players are doing with the limited resources the owners give them. They are at a huge disadvantage as compared to other teams that have owners that give their GM, manager, players way more resources.

No need to explain yourself. There are always going to be people that take you having a differing opinion as repression. 

ReplyQuote
Karlsson
(@karlsson)
Brooks Level

Tonight’s game is less than fun. 

ReplyQuote
College Hockey Addict
(@collegehockeyaddict)
Mariucci Level

Matt Wallner the Twins new ace reliever. 1 1/3 innings of shut out relief. Look out Duran he is coming for your job. 😆 

https://twitter.com/DanHayesMLB/status/1818101518190456988

ReplyQuote
Slap Shot
(@slap-shot)
Mariucci Level Golden

Posted by: @karlsson

No need to explain yourself. There are always going to be people that take you having a differing opinion as repression.

I don't think anyone is being repressed for their optimism anymore than anyone is for their skepticism. 

I've already said I will always be a fan of the org, I will watch games when I can (can't attend obviously) and I always wish them all the best. But along with that I have lowered expectations. 🙂 

ReplyQuote
Karlsson
(@karlsson)
Brooks Level

And now we can’t score against the Mets. 

ReplyQuote

Karlsson
(@karlsson)
Brooks Level

All of these seventh and eighth inning runs feel very good. 

ReplyQuote
Karlsson
(@karlsson)
Brooks Level

All of these seventh and eighth inning runs feel very good. 

For the record, I was referencing runs the Twins score. Not the ones they are giving the White Sox, keeping this a game. 

ReplyQuote
Bertogliat
(@bertogliat)
Brooks Level Golden

How long is Buxton out now?

If only there was a way to warn him that he’s close to hitting the wall.

ReplyQuote
Karlsson
(@karlsson)
Brooks Level

If he thinks he can catch the ball, nothing is going stop him from trying. Honestly I respect him for it, but clearly it is a blade with two edges. 

ReplyQuote
The Rube
(@the-rube)
Mariucci Level Golden
Rep Pts: 8234
Post on old board: 35040

If he thinks he can catch the ball, nothing is going stop him from trying. Honestly I respect him for it, but clearly it is a blade with two edges. 

It's like telling a 100mph fastball closer to take the edge off. That switch doesn't exist. 

That being said, already have read Buxton is medically cleared. 

When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the United States you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

ReplyQuote
Bertogliat
(@bertogliat)
Brooks Level Golden

Posted by: @the-rube

It's like telling a 100mph fastball closer to take the edge off. That switch doesn't exist. 

That being said, already have read Buxton is medically cleared. 

He didn’t hit the wall hard at all.  I was stunned he came up gimpy until I remembered it was Buxton.

Glad he won’t miss games.

The Rube reacted
ReplyQuote
frozen4champs
(@frozen4champs)
Mayasich Level Golden

So yesterday was a "scheduled" off day, so that is why Buxton didn't play. Now, Rocco says he will be back for sure on Friday... Ok

ReplyQuote

Bertogliat
(@bertogliat)
Brooks Level Golden

Posted by: @frozen4champs

So yesterday was a "scheduled" off day, so that is why Buxton didn't play. Now, Rocco says he will be back for sure on Friday... Ok

So Pusston is just getting the week off?  I’ll try to find a replay of the injury.  None of the fat bastards on this board, including me, would get hurt on that play.  This guy gives his all but he is a fragile ballerina.

Cal Ripken Jr is not amused.  

ReplyQuote
Karlsson
(@karlsson)
Brooks Level

He didn’t hit the wall very hard, but he didn’t hit it flush either. I’ve seen people hurt their shoulders with less. I’ll believe that you would be fine when I see it.

Edit to add: That said, of course I would prefer he was more durable. But, the team is better with him than without him, even with his higher number of days off. 

ReplyQuote
frozen4champs
(@frozen4champs)
Mayasich Level Golden

I wish they would have said he is "day to day" instead of trying to be cute. That is what annoys me about the whole situation. No doubt he is a talented player. 

ReplyQuote
Karlsson
(@karlsson)
Brooks Level

Posted by: @frozen4champs

I wish they would have said he is "day to day" instead of trying to be cute. That is what annoys me about the whole situation. No doubt he is a talented player. 

That’s fair. I hope he felt fine but overnight it stiffened up and it just hasn’t relaxed or something, but who knows. 

ReplyQuote
Greyeagle
(@greyeagle)
Mayasich Level Moderator Golden
Rep Pts: 11259
Post on old board: 21741

I like this.

A lot!

I hope the Twins continue to embrace their Washington Senator history.

https://twitter.com/MillerStrib/status/1822651949352702382

“When your best friend is the son of God, you get tired of losing every argument.”

― Christopher Moore, Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ReplyQuote
College Hockey Addict
(@collegehockeyaddict)
Mariucci Level

The Good ole Washington Senators 😀 

Year after year, the Senators were a laughingly bad team, prompting famed sportswriter Charley Dryden to joke: “Washington: First in war, first in peace, and last in the American League.” By the 1950s, no one was surprised when a hit Broadway musical featured a Senators fan as its desperate deal-maker.

ReplyQuote
Karlsson
(@karlsson)
Brooks Level

When do we give up on this Kyle Farmer thing?

ReplyQuote

Iceburg
(@iceburg)
Broten Level Golden
Rep Pts: 2865
Post on old board: 7833

The Good ole Washington Senators 😀 

…. By the 1950s, no one was surprised when a hit Broadway musical featured a Senators fan as its desperate deal-maker.

”Damn Yankees”, Not a bad movie (If you like musicals).

ReplyQuote
Page 10 / 12