Portal Forum General General Discussion Video Games

  • This topic has 1,198 replies, 84 voices, and was last updated Dec 5 at 7:20pm by BeaunerBeauner.
Viewing 74 posts - 1,126 through 1,199 (of 1,199 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #150267 Quote
    HandyNotDanHandyNotDan
    • Posts: 262
    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    Beauner wrote:


    Handyman wrote:


    I’m trying to play GTA V… driving is friggin hard to the point I get annoyed fast and either quit or go on killing sprees. I dont know if it will ever grab me like Red Dead did.

    This is precisely why I only made it through about half of that game (GTA V). I’d be driving along and then get in an accident and then get annoyed and go into a rampage. It was supremely frustrating. A slight twitch left or right and all of a sudden you’re flipping your car into oncoming traffic or rolling it into a building.

    The characters were great and all, but I didn’t have the patience to put up with all the people driving and stopping in the middle of the road, or the hypersensitive driving controls.

    I wonder if I would be able to now.

    I am going to try but it isnt as fun. Red Dead grabbed me as soon as we got off the mountain. The scenery and story were perfect to me to the point I want to go back and play Red Dead Redemption and Red Dead Revolver.

    #150268 Quote
    BeaunerBeauner
    • Posts: 1009
    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    Jane Fonda wrote:


    Beauner wrote:


    Jane Fonda wrote:


    Beauner wrote:


    Jane Fonda wrote:


    Getting close to giving up. It is f*** impossible to get a woodpecker. I have googled how to do it, and I can’t find one. The instructions all say to use dead eye, but I can’t get it to work. I never use dead eye, because it makes it even harder to kill something, IMO. It won’t auto-aim for me on dead eye, and I can’t keep a bead on a flying bird manually.


    Those and the robins were a massive pain in the ass.

    The woodpecker is found technically all over the map on the westside of new Hanover and all up and down Rhodes and annesburg. You gotta use binoculars to identify them before they take flight though.

    Fort Brennan is where I found a few of those little birds. That or by Downes Ranch.

    Go in the fort, walk up on the ramparts, use your binoculars to identify them. Then take out your small game arrow, deadeye, right bumper (or R1 if PS4) to tag it. Then shoot. If you tag them you automatically track it even if it’s in flight.


    What do you mean by “tag it?” When I do dead eye, I aim (left trigger), then press down on both joysticks to enter dead eye, then track to the highlighted kill area using the joystick, and when there, hit the right trigger to shoot. Is that not correct?

    If your sights are on/near an enemy or animal target in deadeye you can “tag” your target with the right bumper/R1. If the animal (or enemy) begins to move before your shot your aim will follow along with their movements. Makes getting a clean kill much easier. Especially with a bow and arrow.

    Ok. I didn’t know that this could be done. Helpful.

    Though, I have still never even seen a woodpecker and I’ve looked for about 8 hours, so I have other issues.

    Yep. I think I spent about 8 hours trying to find a freaking robin until I finally broke down and googled it. That’s where I found out about fort Brennan being a bird haven.

    Just make sure you use your binoculars to identify it first.

    The river going south from the far north of Annesburg is another good place to look for them. A bunch of small birds like to congregate on the rocks on the river banks or in the river.

    I ended up getting off my horse and standing still with the binoculars so you don’t scare them away. Just make sure you equip small game arrows if you need the perfect carcass.

    #150269 Quote
    BeaunerBeauner
    • Posts: 1009
    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    Handyman wrote:


    Beauner wrote:


    Handyman wrote:


    I’m trying to play GTA V… driving is friggin hard to the point I get annoyed fast and either quit or go on killing sprees. I dont know if it will ever grab me like Red Dead did.

    This is precisely why I only made it through about half of that game (GTA V). I’d be driving along and then get in an accident and then get annoyed and go into a rampage. It was supremely frustrating. A slight twitch left or right and all of a sudden you’re flipping your car into oncoming traffic or rolling it into a building.

    The characters were great and all, but I didn’t have the patience to put up with all the people driving and stopping in the middle of the road, or the hypersensitive driving controls.

    I wonder if I would be able to now.

    I am going to try but it isnt as fun. Red Dead grabbed me as soon as we got off the mountain. The scenery and story were perfect to me to the point I want to go back and play Red Dead Redemption and Red Dead Revolver.


    I bought the original Red Dead Redemption on my Xbox One a few weeks ago. Gonna give it a shot this week I think.

    I know the graphics won’t be as good but the story is supposed to be really good.

    #150270 Quote
    HandyNotDanHandyNotDan
    • Posts: 262
    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    Beauner wrote:


    Handyman wrote:


    Beauner wrote:


    Handyman wrote:


    I’m trying to play GTA V… driving is friggin hard to the point I get annoyed fast and either quit or go on killing sprees. I dont know if it will ever grab me like Red Dead did.

    This is precisely why I only made it through about half of that game (GTA V). I’d be driving along and then get in an accident and then get annoyed and go into a rampage. It was supremely frustrating. A slight twitch left or right and all of a sudden you’re flipping your car into oncoming traffic or rolling it into a building.

    The characters were great and all, but I didn’t have the patience to put up with all the people driving and stopping in the middle of the road, or the hypersensitive driving controls.

    I wonder if I would be able to now.

    I am going to try but it isnt as fun. Red Dead grabbed me as soon as we got off the mountain. The scenery and story were perfect to me to the point I want to go back and play Red Dead Redemption and Red Dead Revolver.


    I bought the original Red Dead Redemption on my Xbox One a few weeks ago. Gonna give it a shot this week I think.

    I know the graphics won’t be as good but the story is supposed to be really good.

    I have the Playstation subscription dealio so I can play it streaming on my PS4 :)

    #150271 Quote
    theskillztheskillz
    • Posts: 28
    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    Beauner wrote:


    Handyman wrote:


    Beauner wrote:


    Handyman wrote:


    I’m trying to play GTA V… driving is friggin hard to the point I get annoyed fast and either quit or go on killing sprees. I dont know if it will ever grab me like Red Dead did.

    This is precisely why I only made it through about half of that game (GTA V). I’d be driving along and then get in an accident and then get annoyed and go into a rampage. It was supremely frustrating. A slight twitch left or right and all of a sudden you’re flipping your car into oncoming traffic or rolling it into a building.

    The characters were great and all, but I didn’t have the patience to put up with all the people driving and stopping in the middle of the road, or the hypersensitive driving controls.

    I wonder if I would be able to now.

    I am going to try but it isnt as fun. Red Dead grabbed me as soon as we got off the mountain. The scenery and story were perfect to me to the point I want to go back and play Red Dead Redemption and Red Dead Revolver.


    I bought the original Red Dead Redemption on my Xbox One a few weeks ago. Gonna give it a shot this week I think.

    I know the graphics won’t be as good but the story is supposed to be really good.

    The original RDR is classic. I think I’m going to replay it.

    Easier to run into cougars in certain areas of the map :)

    #150272 Quote
    Jane FondaJane Fonda
    • Posts: 71
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    Just spent an hour shooting every bird I saw from the walls of the fort. Still haven’t seen a single woodpecker. I wonder if I did something wrong at some point so they’re not in my game.

    #150273 Quote
    CowgirlCowgirl
    • Posts: 1392
    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    Apparently Jane can’t find his pecker.

    :giggle:

    #150274 Quote
    BeaunerBeauner
    • Posts: 1009
    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    Jane Fonda wrote:


    Just spent an hour shooting every bird I saw from the walls of the fort. Still haven’t seen a single woodpecker. I wonder if I did something wrong at some point so they’re not in my game.

    Try going up north on the river in Annesburg.

    #150275 Quote
    BeaunerBeauner
    • Posts: 1009
    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    Finished the original RDR story line last week. Fun way to end it off. But after playing RDR2 I didn’t have the patience to deal with how much less smoothly the gameplay was to try to get to 100% on RDR.

    #150276 Quote
    gopherguy13gopherguy13
    • Posts: 947
    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    Beauner wrote:


    Finished the original RDR story line last week. Fun way to end it off. But after playing RDR2 I didn’t have the patience to deal with how much less smoothly the gameplay was to try to get to 100% on RDR.

    Oh god, yeah. That would feel like playing Atari, I imagine. :lol:

    RDR’s story was good.

    [hide]First thing I did in RDR2 at Marston’s ranch was go stand in that spot right in front of the barn. The feels! [/hide]

    #150277 Quote
    CowgirlCowgirl
    • Posts: 1392
    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    gopherguy13 wrote:


    Beauner wrote:


    Finished the original RDR story line last week. Fun way to end it off. But after playing RDR2 I didn’t have the patience to deal with how much less smoothly the gameplay was to try to get to 100% on RDR.

    Oh god, yeah. That would feel like playing Atari, I imagine. :lol:

    RDR’s story was good.

    [hide]First thing I did in RDR2 at Marston’s ranch was go stand in that spot right in front of the barn. The feels! [/hide]

    Hey, what’s wrong with Atari?!

    Speaking of, I should dig mine out.

    #150278 Quote
    BeaunerBeauner
    • Posts: 1009
    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    gopherguy13 wrote:


    Beauner wrote:


    Finished the original RDR story line last week. Fun way to end it off. But after playing RDR2 I didn’t have the patience to deal with how much less smoothly the gameplay was to try to get to 100% on RDR.

    Oh god, yeah. That would feel like playing Atari, I imagine. :lol:

    RDR’s story was good.

    [hide]First thing I did in RDR2 at Marston’s ranch was go stand in that spot right in front of the barn. The feels! [/hide]

    Legit almost quit because riding the horses was so freaking remedial. 🤣🤣

    #150279 Quote
    MNGophers29MNGophers29
    • Posts: 507
    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    Cowgirl wrote:


    gopherguy13 wrote:


    Beauner wrote:


    Finished the original RDR story line last week. Fun way to end it off. But after playing RDR2 I didn’t have the patience to deal with how much less smoothly the gameplay was to try to get to 100% on RDR.

    Oh god, yeah. That would feel like playing Atari, I imagine. :lol:

    RDR’s story was good.

    [hide]First thing I did in RDR2 at Marston’s ranch was go stand in that spot right in front of the barn. The feels! [/hide]

    Hey, what’s wrong with Atari?!

    Speaking of, I should dig mine out.


    My kid heard me talking about my Nintendo a few weeks ago. This pst weekend he asked me to hook it up. I am hesitant to do it because right now it is just mine and I don’t want to share it.

    #150280 Quote
    NYC Gopher fanNYC Gopher fan
    • Posts: 34
    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    This makes me very happy!! Nintendo drops trailer today for sequel to BOTW

    https://mashable.com/video/the-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-sequel

    #150281 Quote
    Bonin21Bonin21
    • Posts: 1565
    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    GTA6 to be in Vice City? In 4K (or 8K, but 4K should be plenty),,,

    Can this be now? I just want to drive around Miami for hours. Wonder who will have the more powerful next gen console.

    #150282 Quote
    BeaunerBeauner
    • Posts: 1009
    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    The Minnesota Rokkrs won their first ever Call of Duty league match tonight at the Armory.

    Those guys are so ridiculously good at that game its scary. Like some of my buddies are twice the player I am and they probably couldn’t touch these players.

    Apparently they won their 3-1 but one of their wins came via DQ because a player on the opposing team used a banned perk (Hardline). Oopsies.

    #150283 Quote
    gopherguy13gopherguy13
    • Posts: 947
    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    Beauner wrote:


    The Minnesota Rokkrs won their first ever Call of Duty league match tonight at the Armory.

    Those guys are so ridiculously good at that game its scary. Like some of my buddies are twice the player I am and they probably couldn’t touch these players.

    Apparently they won their 3-1 but one of their wins came via DQ because a player on the opposing team used a banned perk (Hardline). Oopsies.

    Yeah, watching those like pro Twitch streamers play CoD or Battlefield on Twitch is crazy. I don’t watch much FPS games on Twitch, only go on occasionally to watch a FIFA streamer. But I make my way over to those games when I’m bored. Man, they’re insane. Just the reaction speed and precision of their aiming is out of this world.

    #150284 Quote
    JupiterJupiter
    Admin
    • Posts: 770
    • Bringer of JollityOwner/Creator of Gopher Puck Live
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    Just saw something on the internet about the new Xbox coming out…. “Xbox Series X”

    Now I know these gaming systems are all excellent… But what is with the “X” obsession? Is this supposed to be “X” the letter or roman numeral X as in “ten” for the Xbox? Apple has been obsessed with the roman numeral for a very long time with their OSX. I don’t know…. I am just a little bored with X these days. And if it truly is “Xbox Series X” as the letter and not “Xbox Series Ten”… I just think that is stupid.

    :rantonoff:

    #150285 Quote
    ZwakZwak
    Moderator
    • Posts: 873
    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    Jupiter wrote:


    Just saw something on the internet about the new Xbox coming out…. “Xbox Series X”

    Now I know these gaming systems are all excellent… But what is with the “X” obsession? Is this supposed to be “X” the letter or roman numeral X as in “ten” for the Xbox? Apple has been obsessed with the roman numeral for a very long time with their OSX. I don’t know…. I am just a little bored with X these days. And if it truly is “Xbox Series X” as the letter and not “Xbox Series Ten”… I just think that is stupid.

    :rantonoff:

    I agree with you. All it does is confuse me as to which is a newer model when it comes to buying. Apple did the same thing when they came out with the iPhone X, XR or whatever they’re called :)

    #150286 Quote
    BeaunerBeauner
    • Posts: 1009
    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    Jupiter wrote:


    Just saw something on the internet about the new Xbox coming out…. “Xbox Series X”

    Now I know these gaming systems are all excellent… But what is with the “X” obsession? Is this supposed to be “X” the letter or roman numeral X as in “ten” for the Xbox? Apple has been obsessed with the roman numeral for a very long time with their OSX. I don’t know…. I am just a little bored with X these days. And if it truly is “Xbox Series X” as the letter and not “Xbox Series Ten”… I just think that is stupid.

    :rantonoff:

    Not really sure that the X is supposed to stand for 10 in this instance. They went from Xbox to Xbox 360 to Xbox One. Now the Xbox Series X. I dunno what their naming system is 🤣

    #150287 Quote
    Bonin21Bonin21
    • Posts: 1565
    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    I don’t care what it’s named just give me whichever one runs GTA6 the best and a big 4K TV to go along with it.

    #150288 Quote
    HandyNotDanHandyNotDan
    • Posts: 262
    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    Most likely that will be the next Playstation.

    #150289 Quote
    gopherguy13gopherguy13
    • Posts: 947
    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    Has anyone played Oxygen Not Included? It’s a PC game, and I’m hopelessly addicted to it.

    It’s a base building game. The premise is that you are part of a space exploration that has gone off course, and you are embedded in the middle of a far off planet/asteroid. You have some basic necessities like food and a small amount of oxygen. But from there you have to build a colony and survive.

    There are some actually semi-complicated systems involved in the game as you progress (for generating oxygen, food, power, etc, etc) and the game does NOT help you that much. I’ve spent a lot of hours reading up online tutorials and watching videos, but also trial and error as I’ve played it.

    It’s 25 bucks on Steam, and it’s helping me stay sane in this quarantine!

    #150290 Quote
    Bonin21Bonin21
    • Posts: 1565
    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    I assume at least one person on here has been playing AC.

    Spent some time making this tonight.
    [attachment=0]image.jpg[/attachment]

    gopherguy06gopherguy06
    • Posts: 226
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    Cleaning out my parent’s house as they downsize. Is there a market for any old systems? We have Atari 2600, NES, Super Nintendo, N64 and Playstation 2, with games, controllers, and all the neccessary cables? Thought I would check before just throwing or donating.

    #150292 Quote
    gopherguy13gopherguy13
    • Posts: 947
    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    gopherguy06 wrote:


    Cleaning out my parent’s house as they downsize. Is there a market for any old systems? We have Atari 2600, NES, Super Nintendo, N64 and Playstation 2, with games, controllers, and all the neccessary cables? Thought I would check before just throwing or donating.

    Some of the N64 games (and games from the older systems) might be worth something, but from what I understand, it can take a while to research and find out which games are valuable, find buyers, etc.

    Depending on what you have, how much of it you have, and what kind of condition it’s in, you could be sitting on several hundreds of dollars. But from what I understand, it’s not a quick buck.

    Sites like this can give you a general idea though, if you’re curious: https://www.pricecharting.com/console/nintendo-64

    #150293 Quote
    MNGophers29MNGophers29
    • Posts: 507
    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    I tried selling my PS2 a couple years ago when I got rid of my Wii and no one wanted it. So I still have that and my NES that my sister and I bought ourselves….it still works and I won’t be getting rid of it ever.

    #150294 Quote
    BeaunerBeauner
    • Posts: 1009
    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    gopherguy06 wrote:


    Cleaning out my parent’s house as they downsize. Is there a market for any old systems? We have Atari 2600, NES, Super Nintendo, N64 and Playstation 2, with games, controllers, and all the neccessary cables? Thought I would check before just throwing or donating.

    Short answer: yes they can be worth some decent money.

    As gg13 said, its probably worth doing research to find what all you’ve got and it’s value.

    #150295 Quote
    gopherguy13gopherguy13
    • Posts: 947
    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    MNGophers29 wrote:


    I tried selling my PS2 a couple years ago when I got rid of my Wii and no one wanted it. So I still have that and my NES that my sister and I bought ourselves….it still works and I won’t be getting rid of it ever.

    Yeah, the PS2 stuff is not worth much because there’s simply so much of it out there. I might be wrong but I think it’s still the best selling console in gaming history. Everyone has a PS2 in their basement, lol.

    Once you get to N64 and older, those are the ones people are nostalgic about, and are a little more rare.

    #150296 Quote
    HandyNotDanHandyNotDan
    • Posts: 262
    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    I wish I had my old NES…and Sega Genesis :(

    #150297 Quote
    fightclub30fightclub30
    • Posts: 223
    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    gopherguy06 wrote:


    Cleaning out my parent’s house as they downsize. Is there a market for any old systems? We have Atari 2600, NES, Super Nintendo, N64 and Playstation 2, with games, controllers, and all the neccessary cables? Thought I would check before just throwing or donating.

    My brother sold, without asking, some of my SNES games…

    I think he got $300 for Super Mario RPG: Legend of the 7 stars. This was a few years ago before it was ported to Wii: U. So not sure what the demand is for some of those games anymore, but it used to be fairly high.

    I think he got $100 for my NES version of Super Mario Bros. 2.

    #150298 Quote
    SkiUMahLawSkiUMahLaw
    • Posts: 86
    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    Anyone else have an Oculus Quest? My better half got me one for Christmas and have enjoyed it, though it isn’t hardcore gaming. Still trying to figure out the social thing though (I suppose it would help if I actually had friends…..).

    #150299 Quote
    HandyNotDanHandyNotDan
    • Posts: 262
    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    I do and LOVE IT! I use it every day no joke!

    #150300 Quote
    SkiUMahLawSkiUMahLaw
    • Posts: 86
    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    Handyman wrote:


    I do and LOVE IT! I use it every day no joke!

    Glad it isn’t just me!

    I do Rec Room’s paintball pretty often. I like the VR Football Unleashed also, but get pretty frustrated when you get to the upper levels. Vader Immortal is just plain cool, but once you do the story the whole way through it’s not much of a game to do over and over again. I have been doing Box somewhat regularly to vary my workout routine.

    What’s your go-to?

    #150301 Quote
    ThompsThomps
    • Posts: 21
    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    Handyman wrote:


    I wish I had my old NES…and Sega Genesis :(

    Go on amazon and get a Rasperry PI ($80) and a loaded SD card ($60). No more blowing on the cartridge! :) Old arcade games, Nintendo, SNES, Atari, Genesis, Playstation, Coleco, NeoGeo….all on one device. I built my own, but now they offer up packages to make it easier.

    #150302 Quote
    HandyNotDanHandyNotDan
    • Posts: 262
    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    SkiUMahLaw wrote:


    Handyman wrote:


    I do and LOVE IT! I use it every day no joke!

    Glad it isn’t just me!

    I do Rec Room’s paintball pretty often. I like the VR Football Unleashed also, but get pretty frustrated when you get to the upper levels. Vader Immortal is just plain cool, but once you do the story the whole way through it’s not much of a game to do over and over again. I have been doing Box somewhat regularly to vary my workout routine.

    What’s your go-to?

    I go in cycles so I dont get burned out. The only issue I have with the Oculus is there arent a ton of games yet.

    Saber Beats is an A+. Problem is I am to the upper levels (24 maybe?) so they are HARD.

    The Thrill of the Fight is a fun boxing game that wears me the [bleep] out. Make sure to tweak your gloves so you can hold the upper handles of the controllers instead of the base.

    I just started using Supernatural which is an exercise program. It is a monthly subscription so I am not sure how long I will stick but the workouts are fun with good music (60s-today) and awesome landscapes to focus on.

    Synth Riders is like Saber Beats but a different setup and music. I actually loke it a bit better but play it way less for some reason.

    BoxVR is a target based boxing game that is for more of a workout instead of fighting a person. (like a gym class)

    I have others like Mission ISS but I dont play them much. I just downloaded the beta for Echo VR and I have a feeling once I get used to it that could be a go to for sure! Sometimes I just like to go on YouTubeVR or the theater apps and swim with sharks or launch myself into space. It is amazing how much fun it is :) I keep meaning to try Vader Immortal but I know I will end up playing that most of all, finish it and be made I spent so much money. Maybe Oculus will send me a combo special they seem to do that every week or so for something ;)

    #150303 Quote
    MNGophers29MNGophers29
    • Posts: 507
    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    The only time I have ever been super into video games is the times in my life where I have lived alone. There was a year period my first year out of HS and then there was the year period between my ex-wife and I split up and and I moved in with my now-wife. I played a lot of video games during those times, but not much in between.

    #150304 Quote
    Slap ShotSlap Shot
    • Posts: 1544
    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    We have a PS3 and PS4 and before that I’ve had just about everything from a Genesis, PS2, Wii, etc. Heck I used to be into gaming enough that I was in a serious clan for Counter-Strike and would travel to Lan tournaments.

    I don’t know what it is now but I can’t get into anymore and it actually bums me out a bit. I started up a new campaign with Battlefield 4 last week for the first time in 3 years. I used to be able to sit down for 2-3 hours without thinking twice, but this time I turned it off after about 30 minutes. If I can’t play it even during a lockdown? Maybe someday I’ll get the itch again. No one that does game should take that as a putdown I make no judgments. Like I said I miss it but for whatever reason my head isn’t into it at the moment.

    #150305 Quote
    HandyNotDanHandyNotDan
    • Posts: 262
    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    I go in phases. I think the last time I got super into a game was last year playing Red Dead Redemption…and I am not sure I have ever been that hardcore for a game. I usually play a game for a few weeks and then sporadically (its why I suck at MMORPGS) but that one had me hooked. One of the best stories for a game ever. (Knights of the Old Republic was better)

    Oculus is different. The games I play I am literally engaging with. It isnt boring because your brain is actually firing on all cylinders. I sometimes get a better workout (and my muscles hurt more) from the games than I did in my black belt karate classes. It isnt just button mashing to knock the guy out in front of me I literally have to throw hundreds of punches. (that are scaled based on how hard you actually punch) So much more rewarding when they fall to the ground bloody and battered :D

    #150306 Quote
    gopherguy13gopherguy13
    • Posts: 947
    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    Any fans of the Sid Meier Civilization games?

    The Epic Games Store is giving away Civ VI completely free. Offer ends tomorrow at 10am.

    https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/product/sid-meiers-civilization-vi/home

    No strings attached, no form of payment info needed, just a free 60 dollar game!

    #150307 Quote
    gopherguy13gopherguy13
    • Posts: 947
    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    Anyone excited about the PS5 reveal today?

    I have had a 360 and an XB1, but I’m seriously thinking about switching over to Sony.

    The exclusives on Sony might draw me over. Horizon Zero Dawn was an amazing game. I’d definitely want to play the sequel.

    They certainly took a risk with the design. It will be polarizing. I like the risk, though. It’s not the greatest design I’ve ever seen, but I think I’d rather have something unique than the literal box that Xbox put out.

    https://preview.redd.it/p5xnjhtdmc451.jpg?width=1024&auto=webp&s=bbc0b5acda27457419e14347855d7407990080b8" />

    #150308 Quote
    BeaunerBeauner
    • Posts: 1009
    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    I have a PS4 and XBox 1. I’m probably going to end up buying the new Xbox first because most of my Call of Duty friends are on Xbox and crossplay has way too many issues with game chat between cross platforms for me to switch over.

    At some point I may get the PS5 too but the price point for these two systems is going to be astronomical.

    #150309 Quote
    gopherguy13gopherguy13
    • Posts: 947
    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    I’ve seen speculation about the PS5 being $700, but man I just can’t see that. Surely, that’s way too high? They may have a model that goes to that price point, but it can’t be the base console.

    $500-$600 is my guess.

    #150310 Quote
    BeaunerBeauner
    • Posts: 1009
    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    gopherguy13 wrote:


    I’ve seen speculation about the PS5 being $700, but man I just can’t see that. Surely, that’s way too high? They may have a model that goes to that price point, but it can’t be the base console.

    $500-$600 is my guess.

    Even $500-600 is a bit much but I’ll probably pay it anyways :lol:

    #150311 Quote
    MNGophers29MNGophers29
    • Posts: 507
    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    I was always a Sony guy (all electronics) but when it came time to get a system for my kids, and by “kids” I mean myself too, I went with Xbox due to the NHL games and my best friend works for Microsoft and get stuff for it dirt cheap. That being said, I would consider going back to Sony ONLY because there is not a single good baseball game on Xbox and there isn’t a really good selection of games for girls.

    #150312 Quote
    Slap ShotSlap Shot
    • Posts: 1544
    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    You can play NHL on Sony too.

    #150313 Quote
    CowgirlCowgirl
    • Posts: 1392
    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    MNGophers29 wrote:


    I was always a Sony guy (all electronics) but when it came time to get a system for my kids, and by “kids” I mean myself too, I went with Xbox due to the NHL games and my best friend works for Microsoft and get stuff for it dirt cheap. That being said, I would consider going back to Sony ONLY because there is not a single good baseball game on Xbox and there isn’t a really good selection of games for girls.

    Out of curiosity, what are “girls games?”

    :poke: :mrgreen:

    #150314 Quote
    ZwakZwak
    Moderator
    • Posts: 873
    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    Cowgirl wrote:


    MNGophers29 wrote:


    I was always a Sony guy (all electronics) but when it came time to get a system for my kids, and by “kids” I mean myself too, I went with Xbox due to the NHL games and my best friend works for Microsoft and get stuff for it dirt cheap. That being said, I would consider going back to Sony ONLY because there is not a single good baseball game on Xbox and there isn’t a really good selection of games for girls.

    Out of curiosity, what are “girls games?”

    :poke: :mrgreen:

    My Little Pony

    LEGO Barbie Dress Up

    LEGO Homemaker Edition

    :D :mrgreen:

    #150315 Quote
    MNGophers29MNGophers29
    • Posts: 507
    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    Slap Shot wrote:


    You can play NHL on Sony too.


    Yeah I should have expanded on that. ALL of his hockey buddies have Xbox.

    #150316 Quote
    BeaunerBeauner
    • Posts: 1009
    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    MNGophers29 wrote:


    I was always a Sony guy (all electronics) but when it came time to get a system for my kids, and by “kids” I mean myself too, I went with Xbox due to the NHL games and my best friend works for Microsoft and get stuff for it dirt cheap. That being said, I would consider going back to Sony ONLY because there is not a single good baseball game on Xbox and there isn’t a really good selection of games for girls.

    IIRC The Show is going to be available on Xbox from now on.

    #150317 Quote
    MNGophers29MNGophers29
    • Posts: 507
    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    Beauner wrote:


    MNGophers29 wrote:


    I was always a Sony guy (all electronics) but when it came time to get a system for my kids, and by “kids” I mean myself too, I went with Xbox due to the NHL games and my best friend works for Microsoft and get stuff for it dirt cheap. That being said, I would consider going back to Sony ONLY because there is not a single good baseball game on Xbox and there isn’t a really good selection of games for girls.

    IIRC The Show is going to be available on Xbox from now on.


    That would be awesome. RBI baseball is terrible. Even Triple Play ‘97 on regular PlayStation was better.

    #150318 Quote
    BeaunerBeauner
    • Posts: 1009
    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    MNGophers29 wrote:


    Beauner wrote:


    MNGophers29 wrote:


    I was always a Sony guy (all electronics) but when it came time to get a system for my kids, and by “kids” I mean myself too, I went with Xbox due to the NHL games and my best friend works for Microsoft and get stuff for it dirt cheap. That being said, I would consider going back to Sony ONLY because there is not a single good baseball game on Xbox and there isn’t a really good selection of games for girls.

    IIRC The Show is going to be available on Xbox from now on.


    That would be awesome. RBI baseball is terrible. Even Triple Play ‘97 on regular PlayStation was better.

    https://www.businessinsider.com/mlb-the-show-sony-game-coming-to-xbox-nintendo-switch-2019-12

    #150319 Quote
    Slap ShotSlap Shot
    • Posts: 1544
    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    Ice hockey, Pitfall or downhill skiing might have been my favorite.

    https://twitter.com/Super70sSports/status/1275972184754860033?s=20

    We were sadly saddled with an Odyssey 2 in my house. I’ve never met anyone else that had one. :anger: :lol:

    Intellivision baseball was also a damn fine game!

    #150320 Quote
    CowgirlCowgirl
    • Posts: 1392
    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    Slap Shot wrote:


    Ice hockey, Pitfall or downhill skiing might have been my favorite.

    https://twitter.com/Super70sSports/status/1275972184754860033?s=20

    We were sadly saddled with an Odyssey 2 in my house. I’ve never met anyone else that had one. :anger: :lol:

    Intellivision baseball was also a damn fine game!

    Pitfall is great! I have river raid, ice hockey, and I think Grand Prix from that list. Wonder how complicated it would be to get the Atari to work on a modern smart tv…..🤔

    #150321 Quote
    gopherguy13gopherguy13
    • Posts: 947
    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    Anyone manage to get a next gen system? I’m making the move from Microsoft to Sony this gen, going with PS5.

    Missed out on preorders and wasn’t able to snag one today. Hoping there will be a restock by Black Friday!

    #150322 Quote
    OrionOrion
    • Posts: 136
    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    gopherguy13 wrote:


    Anyone manage to get a next gen system? I’m making the move from Microsoft to Sony this gen, going with PS5.

    Missed out on preorders and wasn’t able to snag one today. Hoping there will be a restock by Black Friday!

    I’m struggling with this as well . What are your thoughts on why a PS5?

    #150323 Quote
    BeaunerBeauner
    • Posts: 1009
    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    I’ll be going with the Xbox Series X once I can get money and they get back in stock.

    I saw somebody posting that the major retailers will be getting 200 of each system on Friday every week through Black Friday but I am always hesitant to rush out and buy a brand new system anyways. Rather get their second or third production line once they’ve had time to see if they have any glitches they need to iron out.

    #150324 Quote
    gopherguy13gopherguy13
    • Posts: 947
    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    Orion wrote:


    gopherguy13 wrote:


    Anyone manage to get a next gen system? I’m making the move from Microsoft to Sony this gen, going with PS5.

    Missed out on preorders and wasn’t able to snag one today. Hoping there will be a restock by Black Friday!

    I’m struggling with this as well . What are your thoughts on why a PS5?


    The biggest reason for me is exclusives. There’s no Xbox exclusives that I really want to play, but Sony has several exclusives I want to play, most notably Horizon Zero Dawn, and The Last Of Us.

    Also, the new PS5 controller looks sick. I’ve seen reviews of the controller, and people say that between the haptic feedback and the adaptive triggers, it truly feels next gen. There’s a game that is pre-installed on the PS5 called Astro’s Playroom, which is basically meant to be a demo of what the controller can do.

    The review I saw said that the controller vibrates and gives feedback with almost everything, without being distracting. Walking on glass feels different than walking on sand. The adaptive triggers could be so cool for shooting games. The trigger can provide resistance and feel like a real trigger. If a gun jams, it could lock to where you aren’t able to pull the trigger until you fix the jam or switch guns, etc.

    If the game devs start using the abilities of that controller in their games, it could lead to some next level immersion.

    #150325 Quote
    gopherguy13gopherguy13
    • Posts: 947
    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    gopherguy13 wrote:


    Anyone manage to get a next gen system? I’m making the move from Microsoft to Sony this gen, going with PS5.

    Missed out on preorders and wasn’t able to snag one today. Hoping there will be a restock by Black Friday!

    Over a month later, I finally got one. Picking up the PS5 from Best Buy on Sunday.

    https://media2.giphy.com/media/3oEjHUf7j0aFDce0dG/giphy.gif" />

    #150326 Quote
    BeaunerBeauner
    • Posts: 1009
    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    Started playing Ghost of Tsushima a bit ago on my PS4 as a break from the inevitable aggravation that Black Ops Cold War has provided basically since launch (I expect I’ll be done with the multiplayer on BOCW altogether pretty soon and just play Zombies – first time I’ve ever enjoyed zombies more than MP, and stick primarily with warzone).

    Ghost of Tsushima is a freaking beautiful game. And it’s even better because I can play it in peace because all my online play is on Xbox.

    #150327 Quote
    gopherguy13gopherguy13
    • Posts: 947
    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    Beauner wrote:


    Started playing Ghost of Tsushima a bit ago on my PS4 as a break from the inevitable aggravation that Black Ops Cold War has provided basically since launch (I expect I’ll be done with the multiplayer on BOCW altogether pretty soon and just play Zombies – first time I’ve ever enjoyed zombies more than MP, and stick primarily with warzone).

    Ghost of Tsushima is a freaking beautiful game. And it’s even better because I can play it in peace because all my online play is on Xbox.

    That’s going to be the first game I play on the PS5! I’ve heard it’s an awesome game, really excited to give it a run.

    #150328 Quote
    gopherguy13gopherguy13
    • Posts: 947
    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    Finished Ghost of Tsushima tonight, what a damn game. Probably the most beautiful game I’ve ever played, and the story really had me compelled.

    Loved the combat system. The different stances for different event types really kept it fresh.

    #150329 Quote
    BeaunerBeauner
    • Posts: 1009
    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    gopherguy13 wrote:


    Finished Ghost of Tsushima tonight, what a damn game. Probably the most beautiful game I’ve ever played, and the story really had me compelled.

    Loved the combat system. The different stances for different event types really kept it fresh.

    I’m slowly working my way through it. I am about to storm Castle Kaneda.

    #150330 Quote
    MNGophers29MNGophers29
    • Posts: 507
    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    Anyone with feedback on MLB The Show on Xbox? I read one bad review, but a good baseball game on Xbox is so far overdue…

    My other dilemma is that I don’t really have time to sit and immerse myself in a game. I got RDR2 2 Christmases ago, played it for a couple months and haven’t played it again. I had bought my kid Forza Horizon 4 and tried playing through that and it’s boring to me. Basically I went a game I can pick up and play whenever I have some free time….like Nintendo was back in the day…

    #150331 Quote
    BeaunerBeauner
    • Posts: 1009
    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    MNGophers29 wrote:


    Anyone with feedback on MLB The Show on Xbox? I read one bad review, but a good baseball game on Xbox is so far overdue…

    My other dilemma is that I don’t really have time to sit and immerse myself in a game. I got RDR2 2 Christmases ago, played it for a couple months and haven’t played it again. I had bought my kid Forza Horizon 4 and tried playing through that and it’s boring to me. Basically I went a game I can pick up and play whenever I have some free time….like Nintendo was back in the day…


    Couple of my softball teammates play it a lot on Xbox. They love it. I haven’t purchased it yet but I probably will soon.

    It definitely isn’t easy if you play the way it comes (the standard settings) but you can change the settings back to the classic settings where it is just tapping A B X Y etc.

    #150332 Quote
    Slap ShotSlap Shot
    • Posts: 1544
    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    MNGophers29 wrote:


    Anyone with feedback on MLB The Show on Xbox? I read one bad review, but a good baseball game on Xbox is so far overdue…

    My other dilemma is that I don’t really have time to sit and immerse myself in a game. I got RDR2 2 Christmases ago, played it for a couple months and haven’t played it again. I had bought my kid Forza Horizon 4 and tried playing through that and it’s boring to me. Basically I went a game I can pick up and play whenever I have some free time….like Nintendo was back in the day…

    The only game I occasionally pick up is Battlefield 4 and that think must be nearly 8 years old. I still enjoy the campaign and there is a decent amount of online players still with full servers. I probably play no more than 5 hours total in a month.

    I would think a PGA game would be a decent one to play only sporadically.

    My younger son rotates between Battlefront II, Battlefield V, COD (not sure which one), Madden (’19?), NBA (’19?) and maybe a few others.

    #150333 Quote
    trixR4kidstrixR4kids
    • Posts: 353
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    Beauner wrote:


    Started playing Ghost of Tsushima a bit ago on my PS4 as a break from the inevitable aggravation that Black Ops Cold War has provided basically since launch (I expect I’ll be done with the multiplayer on BOCW altogether pretty soon and just play Zombies – first time I’ve ever enjoyed zombies more than MP, and stick primarily with warzone).

    Ghost of Tsushima is a freaking beautiful game. And it’s even better because I can play it in peace because all my online play is on Xbox.

    Cold War is kinda fun and I play with some friends occasionally but good lord it’s soooo annoying facing a team who thinks they’re playing a 100k tournament camping corners in the back of the map in TDM :lol:. Might as well be playing Search & Destroy in that case.

    #150334 Quote
    BeaunerBeauner
    • Posts: 1009
    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    trixR4kids wrote:


    Beauner wrote:


    Started playing Ghost of Tsushima a bit ago on my PS4 as a break from the inevitable aggravation that Black Ops Cold War has provided basically since launch (I expect I’ll be done with the multiplayer on BOCW altogether pretty soon and just play Zombies – first time I’ve ever enjoyed zombies more than MP, and stick primarily with warzone).

    Ghost of Tsushima is a freaking beautiful game. And it’s even better because I can play it in peace because all my online play is on Xbox.

    Cold War is kinda fun and I play with some friends occasionally but good lord it’s soooo annoying facing a team who thinks they’re playing a 100k tournament camping corners in the back of the map in TDM :lol:. Might as well be playing Search & Destroy in that case.

    Yeah I’ve basically abandoned BOCW multiplayer altogether. I play a few games with each new season to get the various operator missions done and then play warzone and zombies.

    #150335 Quote
    MNGophers29MNGophers29
    • Posts: 507
    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    Slap Shot wrote:


    MNGophers29 wrote:


    Anyone with feedback on MLB The Show on Xbox? I read one bad review, but a good baseball game on Xbox is so far overdue…

    My other dilemma is that I don’t really have time to sit and immerse myself in a game. I got RDR2 2 Christmases ago, played it for a couple months and haven’t played it again. I had bought my kid Forza Horizon 4 and tried playing through that and it’s boring to me. Basically I went a game I can pick up and play whenever I have some free time….like Nintendo was back in the day…

    The only game I occasionally pick up is Battlefield 4 and that think must be nearly 8 years old. I still enjoy the campaign and there is a decent amount of online players still with full servers. I probably play no more than 5 hours total in a month.

    I would think a PGA game would be a decent one to play only sporadically.

    My younger son rotates between Battlefront II, Battlefield V, COD (not sure which one), Madden (’19?), NBA (’19?) and maybe a few others.


    And I would probably feel the same way about a WW2 game because history doesn’t change. Rosters do. That’s why I struggled with NHL 17 when we bought it. He now has 20 which he bought himself and I am lost. I really miss playing baseball though and when I mentioned it to him that it was on Xbox now (he is PS4 at his mom’s) he got really excited.

    #150336 Quote
    MNGophers29MNGophers29
    • Posts: 507
    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    Downloaded it. Played my first game and won 7-1. 5 HRs and 12 Ks. Methinks I will need to play with the skill level a bit. But boy, it’s nice to have a good ballgame on Xbox!

    #150337 Quote
    BeaunerBeauner
    • Posts: 1009
    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    As an avid Call of Duty player/Warzone player, I’m excited to see CoD Vanguard. I mostly don’t like Black Ops Cold War (the engine it runs on is not my favorite). Vanguard going back to WWII times and on the Modern Warfare 2019 engine should be fun. Plus an entirely new Warzone map that looks fantastic from the still images I’ve seen.

    #150338 Quote
    gatorgator
    • Posts: 1012
    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    My 8 yr old and 3 yr old like when I start up the NES Mini. Super Mario Bros. 1, 2 & 3, Donkey Kong and Jr and Dr. Mario are their favs. They are not that good at it, but it’s so fun watching them get all excited, along with dance moves and cheers when they are playing… LoL!!!

    #150339 Quote
    KarlssonKarlsson
    • Posts: 818
    #150340 Quote
    BeaunerBeauner
    • Posts: 1009
    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    Karlsson wrote:


    https://twitter.com/gennabain/status/1466799996154564627?s=21

    :lol:

    I saw this the other day and was laughing so hard. That game eas so ridiculously fun.

Viewing 74 posts - 1,126 through 1,199 (of 1,199 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Portal Forum General General Discussion Video Games