Portal Forum General General Discussion Simple Pleasures…

  • This topic has 1,431 replies, 63 voices, and was last updated Aug 3 at 9:51pm by GreyeagleGreyeagle.
Viewing 75 posts - 451 through 525 (of 1,432 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #141998 Quote
    BladepullerBladepuller
    • Posts: 437
    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    Congratulations to both you and them.

    #141999 Quote
    Slap ShotSlap Shot
    • Posts: 1545
    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    Viking wrote:


    Cowgirl wrote:


    davescharf wrote:


    It is a good time for a wedding. My 16th is on Friday


    For sure. Our 17th is Saturday!


    My parents 55th is today.

    Just made me realize my parents (God willing) will reach 60 years in August 2022.

    My dad’s brother was married for 50+ at the time of his death, my dad’s sister 50+ at the time of her death, my mom’s sister 50+ at the time of my uncle’s death, my dad’s parents were 50+ at the time of his father’s death and my mom’s parents made it 60+ before her mother passed. :shock:

    My brother is nearing 30 and my wife and I will celebrate 24 in August. Time flies.

    #142000 Quote
    GreyeagleGreyeagle
    Moderator
    • Posts: 1212
    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    Just smoked a couple pounds Os salmon for the weekend and damn it’s food! One chunk was a causality of hunger. :good2: :trophy:

    #142001 Quote
    Snowcool08Snowcool08
    • Posts: 202
    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
    #142002 Quote
    ArmadilloArmadillo
    • Posts: 172
    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    I’m back, baby!!!

    #142003 Quote
    5 O.T.5 O.T.
    • Posts: 421
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    Snowcool08 wrote:


    It’s a little dusty in here…

    https://twitter.com/t_wes44/status/1395439504182239232?s=21

    His story…

    https://pascohh.com/tylers-story/

    #142004 Quote
    Slap ShotSlap Shot
    • Posts: 1545
    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
    #142005 Quote
    KarlssonKarlsson
    • Posts: 818
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    Went to that summer kickoff thing at the fairgrounds. I’m someone that loves the fair as-is, but dang last night was great. Mid 60s and 4% of the usual crowd? Yes please. Not as many options, but honestly it helped save the wallet. :mrgreen:

    #142006 Quote
    davescharfdavescharf
    • Posts: 1096
    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    Karlsson wrote:


    Went to that summer kickoff thing at the fairgrounds. I’m someone that loves the fair as-is, but dang last night was great. Mid 60s and 4% of the usual crowd? Yes please. Not as many options, but honestly it helped save the wallet. :mrgreen:

    I must have been under a rock because I never heard about this but it seems like a ton of people I know went.

    I’m not sure if you went Thursday that it would have been a lot of fun

    #142007 Quote
    frozen4champsfrozen4champs
    • Posts: 1815
    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    The local American Legion in the town I grew up near, ( population 200 ) always puts on an outstanding Memorial Day service at the local cemetery. My parents were active members of that Legion and Auxiliary, so it is always so special to attend. They have an avenue of flags, which were the ones that were presented to the fallen hero’s and past members of that Legion Post who have served and passed on. Today is always a great day to reflect on how lucky we are and thank the people who were courageous enough to fight for our freedom. God Bless America.

    #142008 Quote
    CowgirlCowgirl
    • Posts: 1392
    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    Thank you to all, past and present, who have served for our country to protect our freedom. 🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

    #142009 Quote
    gopher6gopher6
    • Posts: 373
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    Poolside Lifetime Plymouth MN 😎👌

    #142010 Quote
    davescharfdavescharf
    • Posts: 1096
    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    frozen4champs wrote:


    The local American Legion in the town I grew up near, ( population 200 ) always puts on an outstanding Memorial Day service at the local cemetery. My parents were active members of that Legion and Auxiliary, so it is always so special to attend. They have an avenue of flags, which were the ones that were presented to the fallen hero’s and past members of that Legion Post who have served and passed on. Today is always a great day to reflect on how lucky we are and thank the people who were courageous enough to fight for our freedom. God Bless America.

    An Avenue of Flags is cool anywhere you see it. I always love driving to New Ulm on the 4th of July and seeing the St Peter Veterans Park lined with flags

    My favorite however was see them around the entire parade field at Offutt AFB near Omaha. They did it for holidays and major events like a change of command. Seeing a nearly 1 mile rectangular perimeter of flags was something I’ll never forget.

    #142011 Quote
    BertogliatBertogliat
    • Posts: 1201
    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    We are interviewing people for a new position and have had three great candidates out of four interviews so far. I had a clear front runner until today’s candidate. She had to knock my socks off and did.

    I don’t know how many interviews I’ve done over the years. I usually dislike the process, but I think this is the first time I feel we have a win/win/win situation.

    #142012 Quote
    MNGophers29MNGophers29
    • Posts: 507
    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    Bertogliat wrote:


    We are interviewing people for a new position and have had three great candidates out of four interviews so far. I had a clear front runner until today’s candidate. She had to knock my socks off and did.

    I don’t know how many interviews I’ve done over the years. I usually dislike the process, but I think this is the first time I feel we have a win/win/win situation.


    That’s good! Can you find room for the other 2 somewhere else just to keep them in your fold and not someone else’s?

    #142013 Quote
    BertogliatBertogliat
    • Posts: 1201
    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    MNGophers29 wrote:


    Bertogliat wrote:


    We are interviewing people for a new position and have had three great candidates out of four interviews so far. I had a clear front runner until today’s candidate. She had to knock my socks off and did.

    I don’t know how many interviews I’ve done over the years. I usually dislike the process, but I think this is the first time I feel we have a win/win/win situation.


    That’s good! Can you find room for the other 2 somewhere else just to keep them in your fold and not someone else’s?

    Two of the three already work in other departments at our company. The front runner would be new to us. Hopefully we can come to terms with one of them.

    #142014 Quote
    J22J22
    • Posts: 230
    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    [media]https://twitter.com/BarstoolU/status/1401000137556639747[/media]

    Known this kid since U10″s

    #142015 Quote
    BeaunerBeauner
    • Posts: 1009
    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    J22 wrote:


    [media]https://twitter.com/BarstoolU/status/1401000137556639747[/media]

    Known this kid since U10″s

    Then you have people like the person in the tweet quoted here. God forbid a college kid hitting a walkoff grand slam get psyched as hell and express some emotion. Wonder if he feels the same about the Ole Miss pitcher’s screaming show last night?

    Edit to add clip of Doug Nikhazy referenced above (song in the background is from The Hangover and may be NSFW).

    https://twitter.com/HagemanParker/status/1401682502503342081?s=19

    https://twitter.com/PitchingNinja/status/1401386118130585602?s=19

    #142016 Quote
    BeaunerBeauner
    • Posts: 1009
    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    I love this time of year for sports viewing.

    Women’s College World Series is on (watching fastpitch is seriously underrated, those games are very entertaining IMO), the NCAA baseball tournament is underway, the NHL playoffs, MLB season in full swing, the PGA Championship a couple weeks ago and US Open in a couple weeks, and even the NBA playoffs (a distant last place for viewing for me among these options, but still light-years better than regular season).

    #142017 Quote
    The RubeThe Rube
    • Posts: 2390
    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    Women’s softball is amazing to watch for us small ball fans. Runs are a true treasure to get. I love it.

    #142018 Quote
    MNGophers29MNGophers29
    • Posts: 507
    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    Beauner wrote:


    I love this time of year for sports viewing.

    Women’s College World Series is on (watching fastpitch is seriously underrated, those games are very entertaining IMO), the NCAA baseball tournament is underway, the NHL playoffs, MLB season in full swing, the PGA Championship a couple weeks ago and US Open in a couple weeks, and even the NBA playoffs (a distant last place for viewing for me among these options, but still light-years better than regular season).


    My son’s baseball team is playing in the Battle of Omaha the end of June, same times as the CWS. I have been through Omaha in the summer when I was a kid with my Dad in his semi truck and the baseball fields lights were things of dreams for this Northern MN boy. Now in our first year of travel ball, we get to go down there and I am taking him to a game, don’t care about the cost of tickets. It won’t be the same as Rosenblatt would have been, but the CWS energy is so awesome!

    #142019 Quote
    BeaunerBeauner
    • Posts: 1009
    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    And I found a new favorite college baseball player. Both of these clips are amazing 🤣🤣🤣🤣

    https://twitter.com/AlexFarmartino/status/1401667594701225985?s=19

    #142020 Quote
    The RubeThe Rube
    • Posts: 2390
    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    Saw that…that is….something. “Down-home” comes to mind…..

    #142021 Quote
    MNGophers29MNGophers29
    • Posts: 507
    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    Beauner wrote:


    And I found a new favorite college baseball player. Both of these clips are amazing 🤣🤣🤣🤣

    https://twitter.com/AlexFarmartino/status/1401667594701225985?s=19


    You know, there are SO many kids or ball players out there like this than people probably realize. Its a fine line between how he talks and not being taken seriously or someone feeling like he is goofing off. We have a kid on our team, also talking about hitting dingers (like Big Al) and if you didn’t know the kid and just hear him talking, you would think he was cocky, but he is so well respected on the team, he gives a bigger effort than anyone else does and just plays the game the right way. I am better for having known this 12 year old kid. Reminds me a lot of these 2 clips.

    #142022 Quote
    The RubeThe Rube
    • Posts: 2390
    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    I didn’t find him cocky or goofing off, or whatever at all. Humble, and maybe a bit uncomfortable to the attention….

    #142023 Quote
    KarlssonKarlsson
    • Posts: 818
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    Reminds me a lot of Squirrelly Dan.

    #142024 Quote
    MNGophers29MNGophers29
    • Posts: 507
    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    The Rube wrote:


    I didn’t find him cocky or goofing off, or whatever at all. Humble, and maybe a bit uncomfortable to the attention….


    I agree with you 100% but there are going to be those out there that don’t see it that way.

    #142025 Quote
    davescharfdavescharf
    • Posts: 1096
    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    MNGophers29 wrote:


    Beauner wrote:


    I love this time of year for sports viewing.

    Women’s College World Series is on (watching fastpitch is seriously underrated, those games are very entertaining IMO), the NCAA baseball tournament is underway, the NHL playoffs, MLB season in full swing, the PGA Championship a couple weeks ago and US Open in a couple weeks, and even the NBA playoffs (a distant last place for viewing for me among these options, but still light-years better than regular season).


    My son’s baseball team is playing in the Battle of Omaha the end of June, same times as the CWS. I have been through Omaha in the summer when I was a kid with my Dad in his semi truck and the baseball fields lights were things of dreams for this Northern MN boy. Now in our first year of travel ball, we get to go down there and I am taking him to a game, don’t care about the cost of tickets. It won’t be the same as Rosenblatt would have been, but the CWS energy is so awesome!

    I have a ton of fond memories of watching the CWS as a kid. We could get 10 packs of bleacher seats good for any game for $30 and the atmosphere was electric. One year both Nebraska and Creighton made it too so the place went nuts only they both got eliminated very early on.

    #142026 Quote
    CowgirlCowgirl
    • Posts: 1392
    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    MNGophers29 wrote:


    The Rube wrote:


    I didn’t find him cocky or goofing off, or whatever at all. Humble, and maybe a bit uncomfortable to the attention….


    I agree with you 100% but there are going to be those out there that don’t see it that way.

    I’ve always enjoyed people who can have fun with an interview. Beats the ones who are just trying to get through it because they are disinterested in giving interviews and it shows.

    #142027 Quote
    ZwakZwak
    Moderator
    • Posts: 873
    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    davescharf wrote:


    MNGophers29 wrote:


    Beauner wrote:


    I love this time of year for sports viewing.

    Women’s College World Series is on (watching fastpitch is seriously underrated, those games are very entertaining IMO), the NCAA baseball tournament is underway, the NHL playoffs, MLB season in full swing, the PGA Championship a couple weeks ago and US Open in a couple weeks, and even the NBA playoffs (a distant last place for viewing for me among these options, but still light-years better than regular season).


    My son’s baseball team is playing in the Battle of Omaha the end of June, same times as the CWS. I have been through Omaha in the summer when I was a kid with my Dad in his semi truck and the baseball fields lights were things of dreams for this Northern MN boy. Now in our first year of travel ball, we get to go down there and I am taking him to a game, don’t care about the cost of tickets. It won’t be the same as Rosenblatt would have been, but the CWS energy is so awesome!

    I have a ton of fond memories of watching the CWS as a kid. We could get 10 packs of bleacher seats good for any game for $30 and the atmosphere was electric. One year both Nebraska and Creighton made it too so the place went nuts only they both got eliminated very early on.

    This is more of a “things that stick in your craw” but the main reason I don’t watch college baseball is the aluminum bats. I can’t stand the sound they make. #getoffmylawn

    #142028 Quote
    eHoeHo
    • Posts: 19
    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    MNGophers29 wrote:


    Beauner wrote:


    I love this time of year for sports viewing.

    Women’s College World Series is on (watching fastpitch is seriously underrated, those games are very entertaining IMO), the NCAA baseball tournament is underway, the NHL playoffs, MLB season in full swing, the PGA Championship a couple weeks ago and US Open in a couple weeks, and even the NBA playoffs (a distant last place for viewing for me among these options, but still light-years better than regular season).


    My son’s baseball team is playing in the Battle of Omaha the end of June, same times as the CWS. I have been through Omaha in the summer when I was a kid with my Dad in his semi truck and the baseball fields lights were things of dreams for this Northern MN boy. Now in our first year of travel ball, we get to go down there and I am taking him to a game, don’t care about the cost of tickets. It won’t be the same as Rosenblatt would have been, but the CWS energy is so awesome!

    My two older sons have played in the Omaha tournament that coincides with the CWS so I’ve been down there twice. The atmosphere is awesome! The fan fest outside the stadium is great with some baseball centric vendors (Baseballism, Routine, etc..).

    If you’re going the 2nd week of the CWS, you’ll have better luck getting Gen Admission tickets to the outfield since half the teams will be eliminated. Otherwise you would have better luck with assigned seats.

    #142029 Quote
    BeaunerBeauner
    • Posts: 1009
    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    Zwak wrote:


    davescharf wrote:


    MNGophers29 wrote:


    Beauner wrote:


    I love this time of year for sports viewing.

    Women’s College World Series is on (watching fastpitch is seriously underrated, those games are very entertaining IMO), the NCAA baseball tournament is underway, the NHL playoffs, MLB season in full swing, the PGA Championship a couple weeks ago and US Open in a couple weeks, and even the NBA playoffs (a distant last place for viewing for me among these options, but still light-years better than regular season).


    My son’s baseball team is playing in the Battle of Omaha the end of June, same times as the CWS. I have been through Omaha in the summer when I was a kid with my Dad in his semi truck and the baseball fields lights were things of dreams for this Northern MN boy. Now in our first year of travel ball, we get to go down there and I am taking him to a game, don’t care about the cost of tickets. It won’t be the same as Rosenblatt would have been, but the CWS energy is so awesome!

    I have a ton of fond memories of watching the CWS as a kid. We could get 10 packs of bleacher seats good for any game for $30 and the atmosphere was electric. One year both Nebraska and Creighton made it too so the place went nuts only they both got eliminated very early on.

    This is more of a “things that stick in your craw” but the main reason I don’t watch college baseball is the aluminum bats. I can’t stand the sound they make. #getoffmylawn

    The new BBCOR bats (well, not “new” anymore, they changed the rules back in 2012-2013ish) don’t have quite the obnoxious PING that the old aluminum ones had. All these bats are composite bats now so the sound is less high pitched (some makers have brought the ping back a bit but it’s less obnoxious than it used to be IMO).

    #142030 Quote
    MNGophers29MNGophers29
    • Posts: 507
    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    eHo wrote:


    MNGophers29 wrote:


    Beauner wrote:


    I love this time of year for sports viewing.

    Women’s College World Series is on (watching fastpitch is seriously underrated, those games are very entertaining IMO), the NCAA baseball tournament is underway, the NHL playoffs, MLB season in full swing, the PGA Championship a couple weeks ago and US Open in a couple weeks, and even the NBA playoffs (a distant last place for viewing for me among these options, but still light-years better than regular season).


    My son’s baseball team is playing in the Battle of Omaha the end of June, same times as the CWS. I have been through Omaha in the summer when I was a kid with my Dad in his semi truck and the baseball fields lights were things of dreams for this Northern MN boy. Now in our first year of travel ball, we get to go down there and I am taking him to a game, don’t care about the cost of tickets. It won’t be the same as Rosenblatt would have been, but the CWS energy is so awesome!

    My two older sons have played in the Omaha tournament that coincides with the CWS so I’ve been down there twice. The atmosphere is awesome! The fan fest outside the stadium is great with some baseball centric vendors (Baseballism, Routine, etc..).

    If you’re going the 2nd week of the CWS, you’ll have better luck getting Gen Admission tickets to the outfield since half the teams will be eliminated. Otherwise you would have better luck with assigned seats.


    Thanks for this tip. You are the 2nd person that has said the same thing so I am looking forward to it.

    Any tips on where to get group tickets?

    #142031 Quote
    MNGophers29MNGophers29
    • Posts: 507
    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    MNGophers29 wrote:


    eHo wrote:


    MNGophers29 wrote:


    Beauner wrote:


    I love this time of year for sports viewing.

    Women’s College World Series is on (watching fastpitch is seriously underrated, those games are very entertaining IMO), the NCAA baseball tournament is underway, the NHL playoffs, MLB season in full swing, the PGA Championship a couple weeks ago and US Open in a couple weeks, and even the NBA playoffs (a distant last place for viewing for me among these options, but still light-years better than regular season).


    My son’s baseball team is playing in the Battle of Omaha the end of June, same times as the CWS. I have been through Omaha in the summer when I was a kid with my Dad in his semi truck and the baseball fields lights were things of dreams for this Northern MN boy. Now in our first year of travel ball, we get to go down there and I am taking him to a game, don’t care about the cost of tickets. It won’t be the same as Rosenblatt would have been, but the CWS energy is so awesome!

    My two older sons have played in the Omaha tournament that coincides with the CWS so I’ve been down there twice. The atmosphere is awesome! The fan fest outside the stadium is great with some baseball centric vendors (Baseballism, Routine, etc..).

    If you’re going the 2nd week of the CWS, you’ll have better luck getting Gen Admission tickets to the outfield since half the teams will be eliminated. Otherwise you would have better luck with assigned seats.


    Thanks for this tip. You are the 2nd person that has said the same thing so I am looking forward to it.

    Any tips on where to get group tickets?


    Also, the last I heard the CWS is not doing GA tickets in the outfield, everything is going to be reserved.

    #142032 Quote
    The RubeThe Rube
    • Posts: 2390
    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    Just having some darn good wings, margaritas, and mojitos on a patio to “officially” start vacation time. Have already achieved the goal of “time doesn’t matter.” Perfect.

    #142033 Quote
    eHoeHo
    • Posts: 19
    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    MNGophers29 wrote:


    MNGophers29 wrote:


    eHo wrote:


    MNGophers29 wrote:


    Beauner wrote:


    I love this time of year for sports viewing.

    Women’s College World Series is on (watching fastpitch is seriously underrated, those games are very entertaining IMO), the NCAA baseball tournament is underway, the NHL playoffs, MLB season in full swing, the PGA Championship a couple weeks ago and US Open in a couple weeks, and even the NBA playoffs (a distant last place for viewing for me among these options, but still light-years better than regular season).


    My son’s baseball team is playing in the Battle of Omaha the end of June, same times as the CWS. I have been through Omaha in the summer when I was a kid with my Dad in his semi truck and the baseball fields lights were things of dreams for this Northern MN boy. Now in our first year of travel ball, we get to go down there and I am taking him to a game, don’t care about the cost of tickets. It won’t be the same as Rosenblatt would have been, but the CWS energy is so awesome!

    My two older sons have played in the Omaha tournament that coincides with the CWS so I’ve been down there twice. The atmosphere is awesome! The fan fest outside the stadium is great with some baseball centric vendors (Baseballism, Routine, etc..).

    If you’re going the 2nd week of the CWS, you’ll have better luck getting Gen Admission tickets to the outfield since half the teams will be eliminated. Otherwise you would have better luck with assigned seats.


    Thanks for this tip. You are the 2nd person that has said the same thing so I am looking forward to it.

    Any tips on where to get group tickets?


    Also, the last I heard the CWS is not doing GA tickets in the outfield, everything is going to be reserved.

    We got 20 GA tickets from the Slumpbuster Tournament we played in, but it doesn’t look like they are included this year, which makes sense with current situation.

    I did purchase extra games from https://www.ncaatickets.com/championship/college-world-series. I would try there for group tickets. As teams get knocked out, you may be able to find fans trying to offload their tickets too.

    #142034 Quote
    MNGophers29MNGophers29
    • Posts: 507
    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    eHo wrote:


    MNGophers29 wrote:


    MNGophers29 wrote:


    eHo wrote:


    MNGophers29 wrote:


    Beauner wrote:


    I love this time of year for sports viewing.

    Women’s College World Series is on (watching fastpitch is seriously underrated, those games are very entertaining IMO), the NCAA baseball tournament is underway, the NHL playoffs, MLB season in full swing, the PGA Championship a couple weeks ago and US Open in a couple weeks, and even the NBA playoffs (a distant last place for viewing for me among these options, but still light-years better than regular season).


    My son’s baseball team is playing in the Battle of Omaha the end of June, same times as the CWS. I have been through Omaha in the summer when I was a kid with my Dad in his semi truck and the baseball fields lights were things of dreams for this Northern MN boy. Now in our first year of travel ball, we get to go down there and I am taking him to a game, don’t care about the cost of tickets. It won’t be the same as Rosenblatt would have been, but the CWS energy is so awesome!

    My two older sons have played in the Omaha tournament that coincides with the CWS so I’ve been down there twice. The atmosphere is awesome! The fan fest outside the stadium is great with some baseball centric vendors (Baseballism, Routine, etc..).

    If you’re going the 2nd week of the CWS, you’ll have better luck getting Gen Admission tickets to the outfield since half the teams will be eliminated. Otherwise you would have better luck with assigned seats.


    Thanks for this tip. You are the 2nd person that has said the same thing so I am looking forward to it.

    Any tips on where to get group tickets?


    Also, the last I heard the CWS is not doing GA tickets in the outfield, everything is going to be reserved.

    We got 20 GA tickets from the Slumpbuster Tournament we played in, but it doesn’t look like they are included this year, which makes sense with current situation.

    I did purchase extra games from https://www.ncaatickets.com/championship/college-world-series. I would try there for group tickets. As teams get knocked out, you may be able to find fans trying to offload their tickets too.


    Was on the phone with the NCAA, Ticketmaster and CWS today. They will not do group seats this year nor lift the restriction so I can buy tickets for our team. But I found a pretty empty section and we all booking in the same area.

    #142035 Quote
    davescharfdavescharf
    • Posts: 1096
    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    Enjoy – like I said before it’s such a fun experience.

    #142036 Quote
    YoungEagleYoungEagle
    • Posts: 343
    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    State Fair officially announced they are back!!! Woooo

    #142037 Quote
    MNGophers29MNGophers29
    • Posts: 507
    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    YoungEagle wrote:


    State Fair officially announced they are back!!! Woooo


    Well shit. Now I have to work there.

    #142038 Quote
    The RubeThe Rube
    • Posts: 2390
    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    Currently up in Da UP (north of Houghton) on the lake. Last night a pretty big storm rolled through. MASSIVE lightning show for about 30-45 minutes before the rain hit. There were times the sky was lit up so bright, you could see a freighter on the horizon. It was awesome.

    #142039 Quote
    gopher6gopher6
    • Posts: 373
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    Plymouth Lifetime outdoor pool 😎

    #142040 Quote
    BladepullerBladepuller
    • Posts: 437
    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    The Rube wrote:


    Currently up in Da UP (north of Houghton) on the lake. Last night a pretty big storm rolled through. MASSIVE lightning show for about 30-45 minutes before the rain hit. There were times the sky was lit up so bright, you could see a freighter on the horizon. It was awesome.

    Think what it would have looked like up on top of Brockway Mountain. Then again it is not such a good idea to be at the top of the highest point around, in a hundred miles, give or take, in an electrical storm,

    #142041 Quote
    CowgirlCowgirl
    • Posts: 1392
    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    gopher6 wrote:


    Plymouth Lifetime outdoor pool 😎

    You really love that place. ;)

    #142042 Quote
    gopher6gopher6
    • Posts: 373
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    Cowgirl wrote:


    gopher6 wrote:


    Plymouth Lifetime outdoor pool 😎

    You really love that place. ;)


    I do not have a boat or cabin to go to so the outdoor pool flit’s for me :yes: :

    #142043 Quote
    bearpaw28bearpaw28
    • Posts: 543
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    gopher6 wrote:


    Plymouth Lifetime outdoor pool 😎

    I’ve been there, it’s a very nice outdoor pool & being a health club, very few unruly children…a peaceful summer chill 👍

    #142044 Quote
    KarlssonKarlsson
    • Posts: 818
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    Doesn’t hurt that it is in a great spot. Nestled in by the pond and the Hilde Amphitheater.

    #142045 Quote
    D2DD2D
    • Posts: 453
    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    Karlsson wrote:


    Doesn’t hurt that it is in a great spot. Nestled in by the pond and the Hilde Amphitheater.


    Back in the olden dark ages, when Jerry Noyce was coach of the men’s tennis team and then put in charge of all the Northwest health and fitness clubs in and around the Twin Cities, Jerry was kind enough to give my wife and I free and full memberships to all of their locations. It didn’t hurt that my wife worked closely with Jerry on the men’s program, plus we sat next together with his wife at all the Gopher men’s football games…again good memories from a long time ago,

    #142046 Quote
    NormNorm
    • Posts: 405
    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    Seeing the Lady’s Slippers at the Arboretum today.

    #142047 Quote
    Steve MNSteve MN
    • Posts: 812
    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    Going to Delta’s system to check prices to plan for a trip in October, and finding that what I thought was a 50% flight credit (cancelled 2020 Frozen 4) that I also thought had expired a month or so ago is actually a 100% credit, and doesn’t expire until the end of 2022.

    #142048 Quote
    Kelly RedKelly Red
    • Posts: 497
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    Steve MN wrote:


    Going to Delta’s system to check prices to plan for a trip in October, and finding that what I thought was a 50% flight credit (cancelled 2020 Frozen 4) that I also thought had expired a month or so ago is actually a 100% credit, and doesn’t expire until the end of 2022.


    Delta extended all credits by mid 2020 into 2022. They also rolled over SkyMiles if you’re a frequent flyer, but 2022 will start from scratch as usual.

    #142049 Quote
    Steve MNSteve MN
    • Posts: 812
    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    Kelly Red wrote:


    Steve MN wrote:


    Going to Delta’s system to check prices to plan for a trip in October, and finding that what I thought was a 50% flight credit (cancelled 2020 Frozen 4) that I also thought had expired a month or so ago is actually a 100% credit, and doesn’t expire until the end of 2022.


    Delta extended all credits by mid 2020 into 2022. They also rolled over SkyMiles if you’re a frequent flyer, but 2022 will start from scratch as usual.

    I wasn’t sure how much they re-did some of the earlier stuff, but was definitely a happy find today. Between a couple trips I have lined up this fall, I should burn through both the credits and the biggest chunk of my miles before the end of 2021 anyway.

    #142050 Quote
    davescharfdavescharf
    • Posts: 1096
    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    Steve MN wrote:


    Kelly Red wrote:


    Steve MN wrote:


    Going to Delta’s system to check prices to plan for a trip in October, and finding that what I thought was a 50% flight credit (cancelled 2020 Frozen 4) that I also thought had expired a month or so ago is actually a 100% credit, and doesn’t expire until the end of 2022.


    Delta extended all credits by mid 2020 into 2022. They also rolled over SkyMiles if you’re a frequent flyer, but 2022 will start from scratch as usual.

    I wasn’t sure how much they re-did some of the earlier stuff, but was definitely a happy find today. Between a couple trips I have lined up this fall, I should burn through both the credits and the biggest chunk of my miles before the end of 2021 anyway.

    I knew my vouchers were good until April of 2022 but I just looked and saw they now expire 12/31/22 as well. I hadn’t seen that and it’s kind of nice that we don’t feel compelled to use them for Spring Break next year.

    #142051 Quote
    Kelly RedKelly Red
    • Posts: 497
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    Sitting on our back deck, enjoying a cocktail and this absolutely glorious weather! Mr Cardinal and Mr Robin having a birdsong battle, a cool breeze, a house made Moscow Mule. Honestly I don’t need much to be very happy :good2:

    #142052 Quote
    GreyeagleGreyeagle
    Moderator
    • Posts: 1212
    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    Kelly Red wrote:


    Sitting on our back deck, enjoying a cocktail and this absolutely glorious weather! Mr Cardinal and Mr Robin having a birdsong battle, a cool breeze, a house made Moscow Mule. Honestly I don’t need much to be very happy :good2:

    Sounds perfect.

    Reading (with intermittent napping…. ;) ) on our front porch for a bit then a couple mile walk around the ‘hood with Mrs. GE. Was glorious this evening.

    #142053 Quote
    davescharfdavescharf
    • Posts: 1096
    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    Kelly Red wrote:


    Sitting on our back deck, enjoying a cocktail and this absolutely glorious weather! Mr Cardinal and Mr Robin having a birdsong battle, a cool breeze, a house made Moscow Mule. Honestly I don’t need much to be very happy :good2:

    For me it was being on the screened in porch with a Culver’s Concrete Mixer. I’m glad we are back to more normal June weather

    #142054 Quote
    Kelly RedKelly Red
    • Posts: 497
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    I’m writing two articles on Krampus, the sinister side character to St Nicholas, who is experiencing a resurgence in popularity. One is a general history article, plus will include items for the antique collectors interest. The other covers the special events, parades and religious celebrations in Europe that focus on Krampus. I’ve been lucky enough to attend several different ones and they are so unique.

    Let’s just say I enjoy my writing task a million times more when it’s not stinking’ hot as we have no full AC and my computer runs hot! But it’s very weird to be concentrating on Krampus, Advent season and winter festivals in June! Both articles will be published in a Christmas magazine in October.

    #142055 Quote
    GreyeagleGreyeagle
    Moderator
    • Posts: 1212
    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    Post a link when it’s published, sounds like a fun read.

    I love the Christmas markets in Europe! The past three times I’ve travelled to Europe have been over or near Christmas and it’s truly magical to see the magnificent cathedrals surrounded by markets. The Feuerzangenbowle I had in Luxembourg City was fantastic!

    #142056 Quote
    Kelly RedKelly Red
    • Posts: 497
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    Greyeagle wrote:


    Post a link when it’s published, sounds like a fun read.

    I love the Christmas markets in Europe! The past three times I’ve travelled to Europe have been over or near Christmas and it’s truly magical to see the magnificent cathedrals surrounded by markets. The Feuerzangenbowle I had in Luxembourg City was fantastic!


    It’s a private club magazine, it’s not online. But I’ll try and post a link to a Word doc when I’m done, no photos but the articles can be read.

    I’ve been to various Chriskindlmarts all over Europe. I love to try the local gluwine, sour cherry and blueberry are favorites.

    I’m obsessed with Krampus, belong to the MN Krampus Society. My favorite parade is in Switzerland, with these light headpieces called Ifflen.

    Google Klausjagen Kussnacht.

    #142057 Quote
    BertogliatBertogliat
    • Posts: 1201
    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    Kelly Red wrote:


    Greyeagle wrote:


    Post a link when it’s published, sounds like a fun read.

    I love the Christmas markets in Europe! The past three times I’ve travelled to Europe have been over or near Christmas and it’s truly magical to see the magnificent cathedrals surrounded by markets. The Feuerzangenbowle I had in Luxembourg City was fantastic!


    It’s a private club magazine, it’s not online. But I’ll try and post a link to a Word doc when I’m done, no photos but the articles can be read.

    I’ve been to various Chriskindlmarts all over Europe. I love to try the local gluwine, sour cherry and blueberry are favorites.

    I’m obsessed with Krampus, belong to the MN Krampus Society. My favorite parade is in Switzerland, with these light headpieces called Ifflen.

    Google Klausjagen Kussnacht.

    Now I have to know how many members make up the MN Krampus Society.

    #142058 Quote
    Kelly RedKelly Red
    • Posts: 497
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    Bertogliat wrote:


    Kelly Red wrote:


    Greyeagle wrote:


    Post a link when it’s published, sounds like a fun read.

    I love the Christmas markets in Europe! The past three times I’ve travelled to Europe have been over or near Christmas and it’s truly magical to see the magnificent cathedrals surrounded by markets. The Feuerzangenbowle I had in Luxembourg City was fantastic!


    It’s a private club magazine, it’s not online. But I’ll try and post a link to a Word doc when I’m done, no photos but the articles can be read.

    I’ve been to various Chriskindlmarts all over Europe. I love to try the local gluwine, sour cherry and blueberry are favorites.

    I’m obsessed with Krampus, belong to the MN Krampus Society. My favorite parade is in Switzerland, with these light headpieces called Ifflen.

    Google Klausjagen Kussnacht.

    Now I have to know how many members make up the MN Krampus Society.


    About 50. We’ll be at the Loring Park Christmas Market, and various Winter Carnival events this year. Plus brewery events! Check out the schedule on FB

    #142059 Quote
    BertogliatBertogliat
    • Posts: 1201
    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    Kelly Red wrote:


    Bertogliat wrote:


    Kelly Red wrote:


    Greyeagle wrote:


    Post a link when it’s published, sounds like a fun read.

    I love the Christmas markets in Europe! The past three times I’ve travelled to Europe have been over or near Christmas and it’s truly magical to see the magnificent cathedrals surrounded by markets. The Feuerzangenbowle I had in Luxembourg City was fantastic!


    It’s a private club magazine, it’s not online. But I’ll try and post a link to a Word doc when I’m done, no photos but the articles can be read.

    I’ve been to various Chriskindlmarts all over Europe. I love to try the local gluwine, sour cherry and blueberry are favorites.

    I’m obsessed with Krampus, belong to the MN Krampus Society. My favorite parade is in Switzerland, with these light headpieces called Ifflen.

    Google Klausjagen Kussnacht.

    Now I have to know how many members make up the MN Krampus Society.


    About 50. We’ll be at the Loring Park Christmas Market, and various Winter Carnival events this year. Plus brewery events! Check out the schedule on FB

    Say no to FB.

    #142060 Quote
    Kelly RedKelly Red
    • Posts: 497
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    Lol, you don’t have to be on FB to see the page. I’m not, I hate FB. And I should clarify, 50 local members, there are out of state and overseas members too.

    I’m not sure if this years events are official yet, but there’s been discussion.

    #142061 Quote
    Slap ShotSlap Shot
    • Posts: 1545
    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    Well it’s no Festivus anyway. :anger: :mrgreen:

    #142062 Quote
    CowgirlCowgirl
    • Posts: 1392
    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    Had to do a little google of this Krampus.

    “Krampus is a horned, anthropomorphic figure, in Alpine folklore, who during the Christmas season scares children who have misbehaved

    I like this guy already. :mrgreen:

    #142063 Quote
    Steve MNSteve MN
    • Posts: 812
    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    Cowgirl wrote:


    Had to do a little google of this Krampus.

    “Krampus is a horned, anthropomorphic figure, in Alpine folklore, who during the Christmas season scares children who have misbehaved

    I like this guy already. :mrgreen:

    So… at the malls… do the parents get to choose whether the kids see Santa or Krampus… or do their neighbors/teachers/members of the general public? I suspect that the results could be different. :mrgreen:

    #142064 Quote
    The RubeThe Rube
    • Posts: 2390
    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    Cowgirl wrote:


    Had to do a little google of this Krampus.

    “Krampus is a horned, anthropomorphic figure, in Alpine folklore, who during the Christmas season scares children who have misbehaved

    I like this guy already. :mrgreen:

    Really? He’s basically the evil Santa Claus.

    #142065 Quote
    CowgirlCowgirl
    • Posts: 1392
    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    The Rube wrote:


    Cowgirl wrote:


    Had to do a little google of this Krampus.

    “Krampus is a horned, anthropomorphic figure, in Alpine folklore, who during the Christmas season scares children who have misbehaved

    I like this guy already. :mrgreen:

    Really? He’s basically the evil Santa Claus.

    Well, then don’t be/raise shithead kids! ;)

    #142066 Quote
    The RubeThe Rube
    • Posts: 2390
    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    Cowgirl wrote:


    The Rube wrote:


    Cowgirl wrote:


    Had to do a little google of this Krampus.

    “Krampus is a horned, anthropomorphic figure, in Alpine folklore, who during the Christmas season scares children who have misbehaved

    I like this guy already. :mrgreen:

    Really? He’s basically the evil Santa Claus.

    Well, then don’t be/raise shithead kids! ;)

    I meant not knowing about Krampus… :lol:

    #142067 Quote
    CowgirlCowgirl
    • Posts: 1392
    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    The Rube wrote:


    Cowgirl wrote:


    The Rube wrote:


    Cowgirl wrote:


    Had to do a little google of this Krampus.

    “Krampus is a horned, anthropomorphic figure, in Alpine folklore, who during the Christmas season scares children who have misbehaved

    I like this guy already. :mrgreen:

    Really? He’s basically the evil Santa Claus.

    Well, then don’t be/raise shithead kids! ;)

    I meant not knowing about Krampus… :lol:

    I’ve heard the name in the past. But I’m old and have forgotten a lot of stuff over the years.

    #142068 Quote
    Slap ShotSlap Shot
    • Posts: 1545
    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    The Rube wrote:


    Cowgirl wrote:


    Had to do a little google of this Krampus.

    “Krampus is a horned, anthropomorphic figure, in Alpine folklore, who during the Christmas season scares children who have misbehaved

    I like this guy already. :mrgreen:

    Really? He’s basically the evil Santa Claus.

    I had no idea what Krampus was outside of hearing the name.

    #142069 Quote
    The RubeThe Rube
    • Posts: 2390
    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    Slap Shot wrote:


    The Rube wrote:


    Cowgirl wrote:


    Had to do a little google of this Krampus.

    “Krampus is a horned, anthropomorphic figure, in Alpine folklore, who during the Christmas season scares children who have misbehaved

    I like this guy already. :mrgreen:

    Really? He’s basically the evil Santa Claus.

    I had no idea what Krampus was outside of hearing the name.

    That honestly, truly, shocks me, given your world travels. No snark, no troll. I am truly surprised.

    #142070 Quote
    davescharfdavescharf
    • Posts: 1096
    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    Slap Shot wrote:


    The Rube wrote:


    Cowgirl wrote:


    Had to do a little google of this Krampus.

    “Krampus is a horned, anthropomorphic figure, in Alpine folklore, who during the Christmas season scares children who have misbehaved

    I like this guy already. :mrgreen:

    Really? He’s basically the evil Santa Claus.

    I had no idea what Krampus was outside of hearing the name.

    Same

    #142071 Quote
    Kelly RedKelly Red
    • Posts: 497
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    :lol: Don’t get me rolling on Krampus, you’ll beg me to stop. But Krampus predates Christ and was a Pagan character who helped usher in the Solstice.

    Christian religion co-opted him and made him a companion to St Nicholas. St Nicholas is NOT Santa. St Nic leaves candy and treats to good children on St Nicolas Eve (not Christmas) and Krampus dealt with the naughty ones. He would beat them with sticks, wrap them in chains and carry off the EXTRA naughty ones in a basket on his back.

    He is a very Germanic character and the German cultural issues today of raising proper well behaved children still use Krampus as a threat.

    #142072 Quote
    Chris83Chris83
    • Posts: 247
    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    TV series “Grimm” from several years ago had a terrific episode centered on Krampus

Viewing 75 posts - 451 through 525 (of 1,432 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Portal Forum General General Discussion Simple Pleasures…