Portal Forum Hockey Talk Gopher Recruiting Potential Future Recruits

  • This topic has 524 replies, 61 voices, and was last updated Jun 24 at 2:28am by maroon and goldmaroon and gold.
Viewing 75 posts - 376 through 450 (of 525 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #178214 Quote
    BertogliatBertogliat
    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    Chill Kessel wrote:


    If Vermont grants him the release

    I thought anyone can transfer now without sitting out a year.

    #178215 Quote
    young gopher diehardyoung gopher diehard
      Up
      0
      Down
      ::

      Bertogliat wrote:


      Chill Kessel wrote:


      If Vermont grants him the release

      I thought anyone can transfer now without sitting out a year.

      I would guess they would make the player spend one year at said school. Otherwise NLIs would seem to be pointless.

      #178216 Quote
      VegoeVegoe
        Up
        0
        Down
        ::

        Once that NLI is signed, then he’s headed there unless the terms of his entry to college change.

        If he wants to go straight from HS to NCAA, then it’s a great move for him. No way a school like Minnesota makes room for him to make that jump. There is always the portal if he wants to get a different experience down the line.

        #178217 Quote
        maroon and goldmaroon and gold
          Up
          0
          Down
          ::

          Vegoe wrote:


          Once that NLI is signed, then he’s headed there unless the terms of his entry to college change.

          If he wants to go straight from HS to NCAA, then it’s a great move for him. No way a school like Minnesota makes room for him to make that jump. There is always the portal if he wants to get a different experience down the line.

          We could use Vermont as juniors😂😂

          Play your freshman year there then transfer here with some NCAA experience

          #178218 Quote
          Northern Gopher 218Northern Gopher 218
            Up
            0
            Down
            ::

            maroon_and_gold wrote:


            younggopherdiehard wrote:


            maroon_and_gold wrote:


            SkiUMah wrote:


            Bump signed his NLI, assuming part of the draw to Vermont is that he will be there in the fall

            Are there ways to get out of that these days?

            The way I understand it, the school has to try to delay you or you have to ask for a release from the NLI.

            Ok so he could be like I wanna go to Minnesota I want out and that’s totally allowed


            http://www.nationalletter.org/frequentlyAskedQuestions/askingForARelease.html#:~:text=Yes.,with%20another%20NLI%20member%20institution..

            What happens if I change my mind about attending the institution with which I signed and I want to attend another NLI institution instead?

            -The NLI basic penalty is that you lose one year of competition in all sports and must serve one year in residence at your next NLI institution.

            Is a complete release from the NLI basic penalty the same as the NCAA One-Time Transfer Exception?

            -No. The NLI complete release and the NCAA One-Time Transfer Exception are two different policies. The fact that a student is eligible for the NCAA One-Time Transfer Exception does not mean a student-athlete has received a complete release pursuant to the NLI program, nor does being granted the NCAA One-Time Transfer Exception eliminate the penalty provisions of the NLI.

            #178219 Quote
            bearpaw28bearpaw28
              Up
              0
              Down
              ::

              maroon_and_gold wrote:


              younggopherdiehard wrote:


              maroon_and_gold wrote:


              SkiUMah wrote:


              Bump signed his NLI, assuming part of the draw to Vermont is that he will be there in the fall

              Are there ways to get out of that these days?

              The way I understand it, the school has to try to delay you or you have to ask for a release from the NLI.

              Ok so he could be like I wanna go to Minnesota I want out and that’s totally allowed

              lol…MN has so many top recruits in the pipeline (at forward) why would Bump want to flip, then play 2 years of juniors rather than going straight in to D1 hockey (even at Vermont) especially after already signing his NLI? lol

              #178220 Quote
              Bonin21Bonin21
              • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
              Up
              0
              Down
              ::

              If this is the conversation before the tournament even starts I can’t imagine next week.

              #178221 Quote
              juntijunti
                Up
                0
                Down
                ::

                Wondering if Harper Bentz from the Spuds will turn some heads next weekend. 37 and 27 for 64 so far as a Junior.

                #178222 Quote
                maroon and goldmaroon and gold
                  Up
                  0
                  Down
                  ::

                  bearpaw28 wrote:


                  maroon_and_gold wrote:


                  younggopherdiehard wrote:


                  maroon_and_gold wrote:


                  SkiUMah wrote:


                  Bump signed his NLI, assuming part of the draw to Vermont is that he will be there in the fall

                  Are there ways to get out of that these days?

                  The way I understand it, the school has to try to delay you or you have to ask for a release from the NLI.

                  Ok so he could be like I wanna go to Minnesota I want out and that’s totally allowed

                  lol…MN has so many top recruits in the pipeline (at forward) why would Bump want to flip, then play 2 years of juniors rather than going straight in to D1 hockey (even at Vermont) especially after already signing his NLI? lol

                  I dunno why would a metro kid wanna play for the gophers

                  #178223 Quote
                  maroon and goldmaroon and gold
                    #178224 Quote
                    glenhogan21glenhogan21
                      Up
                      0
                      Down
                      ::

                      Who are the candidates for Gopher fans to fall in love with ar State??

                      (Eligible to commit)

                      Landen Gunderson, Finn Brink, Simon Houge??

                      #178225 Quote
                      Bonin21Bonin21
                      • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
                      Up
                      0
                      Down
                      ::

                      Uncommitted

                      Fisher (CDH)

                      Nelson (MG)

                      Hensler (HM, will probably make it)

                      #178226 Quote
                      frozen4champsfrozen4champs
                      • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
                      Up
                      0
                      Down
                      ::

                      glenhogan21 wrote:


                      Who are the candidates for Gopher fans to fall in love with ar State??

                      (Eligible to commit)

                      Landen Gunderson, Finn Brink, Simon Houge??

                      Any player who scores a goal and is uncommitted :wink:

                      #178227 Quote
                      BlueBandit24BlueBandit24
                      • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
                      Up
                      0
                      Down
                      ::

                      Finn Brink is my pick. Elite hockey name, good skills, and I think MG goes far.

                      #178228 Quote
                      maroon and goldmaroon and gold
                        Up
                        0
                        Down
                        ::

                        glenhogan21 wrote:


                        Who are the candidates for Gopher fans to fall in love with ar State??

                        (Eligible to commit)

                        Landen Gunderson, Finn Brink, Simon Houge??

                        Nelson, Nelson and Nelson a third time

                        Not eligible to commit until August though

                        #178229 Quote
                        GopherPeteGopherPete
                          Up
                          0
                          Down
                          ::

                          frozen4champs wrote:


                          glenhogan21 wrote:


                          Who are the candidates for Gopher fans to fall in love with ar State??

                          (Eligible to commit)

                          Landen Gunderson, Finn Brink, Simon Houge??

                          Any player who scores a goal and is uncommitted :wink:

                          First player on Wed. class A tournament who scores 3+ goals.

                          #178230 Quote
                          Bonin21Bonin21
                          • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
                          Up
                          0
                          Down
                          ::

                          GopherPete wrote:


                          frozen4champs wrote:


                          glenhogan21 wrote:


                          Who are the candidates for Gopher fans to fall in love with ar State??

                          (Eligible to commit)

                          Landen Gunderson, Finn Brink, Simon Houge??

                          Any player who scores a goal and is uncommitted :wink:

                          First player on Wed. class A tournament who scores 3+ goals.

                          Except for the Hermantown kids as they’ll all go to UMD or Mankato

                          #178231 Quote
                          HammyHammy
                            Up
                            0
                            Down
                            ::

                            Ahh state tourney week… that time of the year where it is either “Why didn’t the Gophers recruit him?” or “That kid looked great… the Gophers should recruit him!”

                            It’s an annual tradition. :M:

                            #178232 Quote
                            Goldy77Goldy77
                              Up
                              0
                              Down
                              ::

                              Still remember wanting Michael Bitzer from Moorhead. Went to Bemidji and was pretty damn solid in net for them.

                              #178233 Quote
                              ShooterShooter
                                Up
                                0
                                Down
                                ::

                                maroon_and_gold wrote:


                                glenhogan21 wrote:


                                Who are the candidates for Gopher fans to fall in love with ar State??

                                (Eligible to commit)

                                Landen Gunderson, Finn Brink, Simon Houge??

                                Nelson, Nelson and Nelson a third time

                                Not eligible to commit until August though

                                Yep. Danny Nelson will be the one

                                #178234 Quote
                                LaxrefLaxref
                                • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
                                Up
                                0
                                Down
                                ::

                                Bonin’s kid plays for Hill Murray??

                                #178235 Quote
                                Bonin21Bonin21
                                • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
                                Up
                                0
                                Down
                                ::

                                Yup

                                #178236 Quote
                                gatorgator
                                • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
                                Up
                                0
                                Down
                                ::

                                Laxref wrote:


                                Bonin’s kid plays for Hill Murray??


                                Yep…

                                #178237 Quote
                                GopherPeteGopherPete
                                  Up
                                  0
                                  Down
                                  ::

                                  Is he any good?

                                  #178238 Quote
                                  young gopher diehardyoung gopher diehard
                                    Up
                                    0
                                    Down
                                    ::

                                    Guys I’m curious to watch live:

                                    Ashton Dahms (LS)

                                    Aidan Willis (LS)

                                    Jackson Anderson (PL)

                                    Simon Houge (CDH)

                                    Leo Gruba (HM)*

                                    Logan Hensler (HM)*

                                    Finn Brink (MG)

                                    Landon Gunderson (MG)

                                    Danny Nelson (MG)

                                    Eddie Revenig (Edina)

                                    Gavyn Thorseson (Andover)

                                    Westin Knox (Andover)

                                    Gavin Lindberg (Moorhead)

                                    Murray Marvin (Warroad)

                                    Carson Pilgrim (Warroad)

                                    #178239 Quote
                                    NormNorm
                                    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
                                    Up
                                    0
                                    Down
                                    ::

                                    Hammy wrote:


                                    Ahh state tourney week… that time of the year where it is either “Why didn’t the Gophers recruit him?” or “That kid looked great… the Gophers should recruit him!”

                                    It’s an annual tradition. :M:

                                    All part of the fun!

                                    #178240 Quote
                                    gatorgator
                                    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
                                    Up
                                    0
                                    Down
                                    ::

                                    younggopherdiehard wrote:


                                    Murray Marvin (Warroad)


                                    A Marvin playing for Warroad… shocking!!!

                                    #178241 Quote
                                    young gopher diehardyoung gopher diehard
                                      Up
                                      0
                                      Down
                                      ::

                                      GopherPete wrote:


                                      Is he any good?

                                      I think he’s an average hs player. May have a chance to play NAHL next year but my guess is not.

                                      #178242 Quote
                                      juntijunti
                                        Up
                                        0
                                        Down
                                        ::

                                        younggopherdiehard wrote:


                                        Guys I’m curious to watch live:

                                        Ashton Dahms (LS)

                                        Aidan Willis (LS)

                                        Jackson Anderson (PL)

                                        Simon Houge (CDH)

                                        Leo Gruba (HM)*

                                        Logan Hensler (HM)*

                                        Finn Brink (MG)

                                        Landon Gunderson (MG)

                                        Danny Nelson (MG)

                                        Eddie Revenig (Edina)

                                        Gavyn Thorseson (Andover)

                                        Westin Knox (Andover)

                                        Gavin Lindberg (Moorhead)

                                        Murray Marvin (Warroad)

                                        Carson Pilgrim (Warroad)

                                        Small D man for Warroad #2 Eric Comstock perhaps. Caught a game last week and liked his style.

                                        #178243 Quote
                                        hudr0004hudr0004
                                        • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
                                        Up
                                        0
                                        Down
                                        ::

                                        Shooter wrote:


                                        maroon_and_gold wrote:


                                        glenhogan21 wrote:


                                        Who are the candidates for Gopher fans to fall in love with ar State??

                                        (Eligible to commit)

                                        Landen Gunderson, Finn Brink, Simon Houge??

                                        Nelson, Nelson and Nelson a third time

                                        Not eligible to commit until August though

                                        Yep. Danny Nelson will be the one

                                        Will be shocked if he’s not bound for Notre Dame

                                        #178244 Quote
                                        maroon and goldmaroon and gold
                                          Up
                                          0
                                          Down
                                          ::

                                          junti wrote:


                                          younggopherdiehard wrote:


                                          Guys I’m curious to watch live:

                                          Ashton Dahms (LS)

                                          Aidan Willis (LS)

                                          Jackson Anderson (PL)

                                          Simon Houge (CDH)

                                          Leo Gruba (HM)*

                                          Logan Hensler (HM)*

                                          Finn Brink (MG)

                                          Landon Gunderson (MG)

                                          Danny Nelson (MG)

                                          Eddie Revenig (Edina)

                                          Gavyn Thorseson (Andover)

                                          Westin Knox (Andover)

                                          Gavin Lindberg (Moorhead)

                                          Murray Marvin (Warroad)

                                          Carson Pilgrim (Warroad)

                                          Small D man for Warroad #2 Eric Comstock perhaps. Caught a game last week and liked his style.

                                          Last Warroad Warrior to play for the gophers. Go

                                          #178245 Quote
                                          Chill KesselChill Kessel
                                            Up
                                            0
                                            Down
                                            ::

                                            Gigi Marvin

                                            #178246 Quote
                                            Chill KesselChill Kessel
                                              Up
                                              0
                                              Down
                                              ::

                                              Or Olimb for the men?

                                              #178247 Quote
                                              BladepullerBladepuller
                                              • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
                                              Up
                                              0
                                              Down
                                              ::

                                              Wyatt Smith was after Olimb

                                              #178248 Quote
                                              J22J22
                                              • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
                                              Up
                                              0
                                              Down
                                              ::

                                              Bladepuller wrote:


                                              Wyatt Smith was after Olimb

                                              Was Willie Marvin after Smith?

                                              #178249 Quote
                                              CowgirlCowgirl
                                              • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
                                              Up
                                              0
                                              Down
                                              ::

                                              J22 wrote:


                                              Bladepuller wrote:


                                              Wyatt Smith was after Olimb

                                              Was Willie Marvin after Smith?


                                              I think so

                                              #178250 Quote
                                              NormNorm
                                              • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
                                              Up
                                              0
                                              Down
                                              ::

                                              Cowgirl wrote:


                                              J22 wrote:


                                              Bladepuller wrote:


                                              Wyatt Smith was after Olimb

                                              Was Willie Marvin after Smith?


                                              I think so

                                              They were here at the same time.

                                              #178251 Quote
                                              CowgirlCowgirl
                                              • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
                                              Up
                                              0
                                              Down
                                              ::

                                              Norm wrote:


                                              Cowgirl wrote:


                                              J22 wrote:


                                              Bladepuller wrote:


                                              Wyatt Smith was after Olimb

                                              Was Willie Marvin after Smith?


                                              I think so

                                              They were here at the same time.

                                              I tried to look it up on the Minnesota hockey history site at vintage but it didn’t seem to be working. Starting to wonder if forehead is okay. I ordered a jersey and haven’t heard from him in months. 🤷‍♀️

                                              Edit: Willy was at the U from 96-97 to 98-99 seasons.

                                              Smith started a year earlier 95-96 and played four years. I forgot Marvin quit.

                                              So technically you are both right. Smith came first and they were also here at the same time. ;)

                                              #178252 Quote
                                              Davey J.Davey J.
                                                Up
                                                0
                                                Down
                                                ::

                                                Hammy wrote:


                                                Ahh state tourney week… that time of the year where it is either “Why didn’t the Gophers recruit him?” or “That kid looked great… the Gophers should recruit him!”

                                                It’s an annual tradition. :M:

                                                Much like your smugness on the matter… :D

                                                #178253 Quote
                                                BertBert
                                                Moderator
                                                  Up
                                                  0
                                                  Down
                                                  ::

                                                  Hammy wrote:


                                                  Ahh state tourney week… that time of the year where it is either “Why didn’t the Gophers recruit him?” or “That kid looked great… the Gophers should recruit him!”

                                                  It’s an annual tradition. :M:

                                                  Love it when a Goalie has a great tourney and people are jumping on saying get him on the team

                                                  #178254 Quote
                                                  maroon and goldmaroon and gold
                                                    Up
                                                    0
                                                    Down
                                                    ::

                                                    https://twitter.com/azcoyotespr/status/1501357003779842051?s=21

                                                    To continue the joke someone else started…

                                                    #178255 Quote
                                                    maroon and goldmaroon and gold
                                                      Up
                                                      0
                                                      Down
                                                      ::

                                                      Warroad is the one single A team I’m going to watch closely in terms of potential future gophers (I don’t even try with Hermantown).

                                                      #178256 Quote
                                                      Bonin21Bonin21
                                                      • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
                                                      Up
                                                      0
                                                      Down
                                                      ::

                                                      maroon_and_gold wrote:


                                                      Warroad is the one single A team I’m going to watch closely in terms of potential future gophers (I don’t even try with Hermantown).


                                                      Odds are probably not great with Warroad kids, either

                                                      #178257 Quote
                                                      bearpaw28bearpaw28
                                                        Up
                                                        0
                                                        Down
                                                        ::

                                                        maroon_and_gold wrote:


                                                        Warroad is the one single A team I’m going to watch closely in terms of potential future gophers (I don’t even try with Hermantown).

                                                        Ah…Warroad’s best player is committed to the school top

                                                        Hermantown boys go to 😉

                                                        #178258 Quote
                                                        Goldy77Goldy77
                                                          Up
                                                          0
                                                          Down
                                                          ::

                                                          bearpaw28 wrote:


                                                          maroon_and_gold wrote:


                                                          Warroad is the one single A team I’m going to watch closely in terms of potential future gophers (I don’t even try with Hermantown).

                                                          Ah…Warroad’s best player is committed to the school top

                                                          Hermantown boys go to 😉

                                                          Nah, he’s committed to Clarkson.👆

                                                          #178259 Quote
                                                          maroon and goldmaroon and gold
                                                            Up
                                                            0
                                                            Down
                                                            ::

                                                            2 can play but he’s tiny

                                                            #178260 Quote
                                                            MNNavyMNNavy
                                                            • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
                                                            Up
                                                            0
                                                            Down
                                                            ::

                                                            1-0 Monticello

                                                            #178261 Quote
                                                            maroon and goldmaroon and gold
                                                              Up
                                                              0
                                                              Down
                                                              ::

                                                              Wrong thread

                                                              #178262 Quote
                                                              MNNavyMNNavy
                                                              • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
                                                              Up
                                                              0
                                                              Down
                                                              ::

                                                              maroon_and_gold wrote:


                                                              Wrong thread

                                                              My bad. For some reason, I thought I was in the HS Hockey thread. :oops:

                                                              I will now show myself to the penalty box where I shall feel shame for two minutes.

                                                              #178263 Quote
                                                              Davey J.Davey J.
                                                                Up
                                                                0
                                                                Down
                                                                ::

                                                                It would be stupid…shame-worthy even – if you thought the fact that Mr. Bump played with an entirely different clock than every single future D-1 player on the ice…that maybe the Gophers might be interested in flipping this kid…

                                                                #178264 Quote
                                                                maroon and goldmaroon and gold
                                                                  Up
                                                                  0
                                                                  Down
                                                                  ::

                                                                  I think we’re well beyond interested at this point. The problem is that sticky NLI situation.

                                                                  #178265 Quote
                                                                  BlueBandit24BlueBandit24
                                                                  • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
                                                                  Up
                                                                  0
                                                                  Down
                                                                  ::

                                                                  Bump could likely go to Vermont this fall and transfer out after a year if it goes well. Excellent player; doubt he wants a year in USHL when he can be in Hockey East immediately.

                                                                  #178266 Quote
                                                                  maroon and goldmaroon and gold
                                                                    Up
                                                                    0
                                                                    Down
                                                                    ::

                                                                    The question is how in hell did Vermont get Thomas and Bump. They got somethin goin right over there.

                                                                    #178267 Quote
                                                                    maroon and goldmaroon and gold
                                                                      Up
                                                                      0
                                                                      Down
                                                                      ::

                                                                      Nelson looks like a Knies in the making

                                                                      #178268 Quote
                                                                      Bonin21Bonin21
                                                                      • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
                                                                      Up
                                                                      0
                                                                      Down
                                                                      ::

                                                                      Will he ever go back to F? I wouldn’t be so sure

                                                                      #178269 Quote
                                                                      SkiUMahSkiUMah
                                                                        Up
                                                                        0
                                                                        Down
                                                                        ::

                                                                        I know he is the #1 target for a lot of us on here but Nelson has been impressive, I see a lot of Faber in his game

                                                                        #178270 Quote
                                                                        Chill KesselChill Kessel
                                                                          Up
                                                                          0
                                                                          Down
                                                                          ::

                                                                          The Hensler kid is impressive. If he continues on his trajectory, he’s gonna be a really really good one.

                                                                          #178271 Quote
                                                                          gopherfun83gopherfun83
                                                                          • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
                                                                          Up
                                                                          0
                                                                          Down
                                                                          ::

                                                                          Jack Erickson Hill-Murray’s goalie is looking very good.

                                                                          #178272 Quote
                                                                          davescharfdavescharf
                                                                          • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
                                                                          Up
                                                                          0
                                                                          Down
                                                                          ::

                                                                          gator wrote:


                                                                          Laxref wrote:


                                                                          Bonin’s kid plays for Hill Murray??


                                                                          Yep…

                                                                          That seems like it should be treasonous

                                                                          #178273 Quote
                                                                          davescharfdavescharf
                                                                          • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
                                                                          Up
                                                                          0
                                                                          Down
                                                                          ::

                                                                          maroon_and_gold wrote:


                                                                          https://twitter.com/azcoyotespr/status/1501357003779842051?s=21

                                                                          To continue the joke someone else started…

                                                                          [mention]Iceburg[/mention] needs to bring back ‘As the Kessel Turns’. 18 years of that will drive us all crazy

                                                                          #178274 Quote
                                                                          IceburgIceburg
                                                                          • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
                                                                          Up
                                                                          0
                                                                          Down
                                                                          ::

                                                                          Has the blessed event occurred? Future home at Mariucci or Ridder?

                                                                          #178275 Quote
                                                                          Chill KesselChill Kessel
                                                                            Up
                                                                            0
                                                                            Down
                                                                            ::

                                                                            Not yet as far as i know

                                                                            #178276 Quote
                                                                            Gopherguy05Gopherguy05
                                                                              Up
                                                                              0
                                                                              Down
                                                                              ::

                                                                              Iceburg wrote:


                                                                              Has the blessed event occurred? Future home at Mariucci or Ridder?

                                                                              Ridder it is.

                                                                              https://twitter.com/markzwol/status/1502126984901582862?t=J6O5yfa-0YJ8o8cv8m3xsA&s=19

                                                                              #178277 Quote
                                                                              CowgirlCowgirl
                                                                              • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
                                                                              Up
                                                                              0
                                                                              Down
                                                                              ::

                                                                              Gopherguy05 wrote:


                                                                              Iceburg wrote:


                                                                              Has the blessed event occurred? Future home at Mariucci or Ridder?

                                                                              Ridder it is.

                                                                              https://twitter.com/markzwol/status/1502126984901582862?t=J6O5yfa-0YJ8o8cv8m3xsA&s=19

                                                                              I hope the middle name is sun. :mrgreen:

                                                                              #178278 Quote
                                                                              College Hockey AddictCollege Hockey Addict
                                                                                Up
                                                                                0
                                                                                Down
                                                                                ::

                                                                                How about a middle name of pants?

                                                                                #178279 Quote
                                                                                Slap ShotSlap Shot
                                                                                • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
                                                                                Up
                                                                                0
                                                                                Down
                                                                                ::

                                                                                A middle name of Cious.

                                                                                #178280 Quote
                                                                                CowgirlCowgirl
                                                                                • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
                                                                                Up
                                                                                0
                                                                                Down
                                                                                ::

                                                                                Zov?

                                                                                #178281 Quote
                                                                                WBL GophsFan09WBL GophsFan09
                                                                                  Up
                                                                                  0
                                                                                  Down
                                                                                  ::

                                                                                  FWIW – I saw a Twitter comment from Johnny Pohl saying that Alex Bump told him that he’s going to Minnesota. Could be completely BS but thought I’d share here to continue stoking the speculation 😉

                                                                                  #178282 Quote
                                                                                  frozen4champsfrozen4champs
                                                                                  • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
                                                                                  Up
                                                                                  0
                                                                                  Down
                                                                                  ::

                                                                                  WBL_GophsFan09 wrote:


                                                                                  FWIW – I saw a Twitter comment from Johnny Pohl saying that Alex Bump told him that he’s going to Minnesota. Could be completely BS but thought I’d share here to continue stoking the speculation 😉

                                                                                  You will get the GPLers in a frenzy by that comment. If it was said on the Johnny Pohl twitter account, it is a parody account. John Pohl is the real account.

                                                                                  #178283 Quote
                                                                                  WBL GophsFan09WBL GophsFan09
                                                                                    Up
                                                                                    0
                                                                                    Down
                                                                                    ::

                                                                                    frozen4champs wrote:


                                                                                    WBL_GophsFan09 wrote:


                                                                                    FWIW – I saw a Twitter comment from Johnny Pohl saying that Alex Bump told him that he’s going to Minnesota. Could be completely BS but thought I’d share here to continue stoking the speculation 😉

                                                                                    You will get the GPLers in a frenzy by that comment. If it was said on the Johnny Pohl twitter account, it is a parody account. John Pohl is the real account.

                                                                                    It was the Johnny Pohl account so this is just breaking gopher fan hearts all over again! 😂

                                                                                    #178284 Quote
                                                                                    young gopher diehardyoung gopher diehard
                                                                                      Up
                                                                                      0
                                                                                      Down
                                                                                      ::

                                                                                      I find it still very unlikely but talk amongst the PL hockey association is that Bump could try to get out of his NLI. I am skeptical but that is a rumor going around.

                                                                                      #178285 Quote
                                                                                      streakygopherstreakygopher
                                                                                      • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
                                                                                      Up
                                                                                      0
                                                                                      Down
                                                                                      ::

                                                                                      Can college teams “release” a recruit from their commitment?

                                                                                      If a player doesn’t want to come and I were the coach, I wouldn’t want him to.

                                                                                      #178286 Quote
                                                                                      BlueBandit24BlueBandit24
                                                                                      • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
                                                                                      Up
                                                                                      0
                                                                                      Down
                                                                                      ::

                                                                                      They can. They can also make it difficult for a player and potentially force them to miss a season if they want to. Most accommodate said player, though the NLI requires release from the school.

                                                                                      #178287 Quote
                                                                                      maroon and goldmaroon and gold
                                                                                        Up
                                                                                        0
                                                                                        Down
                                                                                        ::

                                                                                        My takeaway from the tourney:

                                                                                        1. Nelson

                                                                                        2. Bump

                                                                                        3. Thoreson

                                                                                        #178288 Quote
                                                                                        Chill KesselChill Kessel
                                                                                          Up
                                                                                          0
                                                                                          Down
                                                                                          ::

                                                                                          He plays a weird style and would need to be coached up, but Leo Gruba has some undeniable skills. Think with some time in a junior program he could be something.

                                                                                        Viewing 75 posts - 376 through 450 (of 525 total)
                                                                                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

                                                                                        Portal Forum Hockey Talk Gopher Recruiting Potential Future Recruits