Portal Forum Hockey Talk Gopher Recruiting Potential Future Recruits

  • This topic has 542 replies, 62 voices, and was last updated Aug 3 at 11:34pm by maroon and goldmaroon and gold.
Viewing 75 posts - 226 through 300 (of 543 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #178061 Quote
    Goldy77Goldy77
    • Posts: 104
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    Maybe Bob should try grabbing Logan Cooley off the U-18 roster for the second half. Wouldn’t that be nice.

    #178062 Quote
    Bonin21Bonin21
    • Posts: 1565
    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    Goldy77 wrote:


    Maybe Bob should try grabbing Logan Cooley off the U-18 roster for the second half. Wouldn’t that be nice.


    Just waiting for his commitment to Michigan

    #178063 Quote
    frozen4champsfrozen4champs
    • Posts: 1815
    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
    #178064 Quote
    Bonin21Bonin21
    • Posts: 1565
    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    Reporting on squirts :dope:

    Let the elementary school kids play hockey and not give out prizes

    #178065 Quote
    frozen4champsfrozen4champs
    • Posts: 1815
    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    Just think in 10 years we hope that he will be wearing Maroon and Gold.. :lol:

    #178068 Quote
    BertogliatBertogliat
    • Posts: 1201
    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    Bonin21 wrote:


    Reporting on squirts :dope:

    Let the elementary school kids play hockey and not give out prizes

    It’s part of all YHH tournaments. If you’re a youth hockey social media company you might as well make the tourneys fun by posting photos of kids who have good games.

    They also have a computerized ranking for each level based on scores reported to the site. As it turns out the rankings are fairly accurate. And it’s nice to know what to expect heading into tourney.

    #178069 Quote
    BertogliatBertogliat
    • Posts: 1201
    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    frozen4champs wrote:


    One of Mike’s kids?

    [media]https://twitter.com/YouthHockeyHub/status/1484223810089984007[/media]

    Eden Prairie has some of the ugliest unis in youth hockey…and for absolutely no reason.

    Chisago Lakes and Greenway still out in front though.

    #178075 Quote
    Chill KesselChill Kessel
    • Posts: 456
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    Anyone have any insight on Oliver Moore. Do we have a shot at him or any idea where he’s leaning?

    #178076 Quote
    midevil bowievilmidevil bowievil
    • Posts: 20
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    Bonin21 wrote:


    Reporting on squirts :dope:

    Let the elementary school kids play hockey and not give out prizes

    Ya, he looks a little small anyway.

    #178077 Quote
    GoldyShuffleGoldyShuffle
    • Posts: 23
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    Very big news coming soon. Potentially biggest coup since Kessel.

    #178078 Quote
    Chill KesselChill Kessel
    • Posts: 456
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    GoldyShuffle wrote:


    Very big news coming soon. Potentially biggest coup since Kessel.

    This would have to be Cooley

    #178079 Quote
    maroon and goldmaroon and gold
    • Posts: 554
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    No chance we get Cooley…right?

    #178080 Quote
    maroon and goldmaroon and gold
    • Posts: 554
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    Could be Moore…

    #178081 Quote
    Chill KesselChill Kessel
    • Posts: 456
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    He said Kessel level. Cooley is the only one that fits

    #178082 Quote
    maroon and goldmaroon and gold
    • Posts: 554
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    Gonna be skeptical up until the second he commits I had no clue we had any chance at him

    #178083 Quote
    maroon and goldmaroon and gold
    • Posts: 554
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    Keep in mind someone posted with complete confidence that Bobby Brink was committing here :mrgreen:

    #178084 Quote
    Chill KesselChill Kessel
    • Posts: 456
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    Maybe Dean Blais is gonna come coach

    #178085 Quote
    maroon and goldmaroon and gold
    • Posts: 554
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    Connor Bedard pulls NCAA eligibility out of his a$$ and commits here :ahhh: :ahhh: :ahhh:

    #178086 Quote
    DreamLossDreamLoss
    • Posts: 35
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    Yeah, my first thought upon reading that was us flipping Cooley somehow.

    Being a local kid, I would consider us as Moore frontrunners so I don’t think coup when I think of him.

    #178087 Quote
    Chill KesselChill Kessel
    • Posts: 456
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    Would flipping someone like Stramel fit? Doesn’t seem kessel level to me

    #178088 Quote
    Bonin21Bonin21
    • Posts: 1565
    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    Biggest coup SINCE Kessel. That wouldn’t necessarily mean Kessel level. You’d have to biggest coup after him which would be what, Ranta? If you’re talking about flipping someone. Many flips could be above Ranta level. Isaac Howard, etc. Some people would put Maddox Fleming above a Ranta level flip.

    Basically, could be one of like 25 players.

    #178089 Quote
    maroon and goldmaroon and gold
    • Posts: 554
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    Wouldn’t be Kessel level imo

    Once again assuming it’s all fake until it happens

    Edit: referring to Stramel

    #178090 Quote
    DreamLossDreamLoss
    • Posts: 35
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    Wait, I hadn’t heard this yet: “Cooley, who re-opened his NCAA recruiting this fall opting not to sign a Letter of Intent, no doubt raised some eyebrows when he earned a top-six center role on the US World Junior team.”

    Source: https://www.sbncollegehockey.com/2022/1/12/22880422/nhl-central-scouting-releases-2022-mid-term-rankings” class=”bbcode_url”>https://www.sbncollegehockey.com/2022/1/12/22880422/nhl-central-scouting-releases-2022-mid-term-rankings

    #178091 Quote
    maroon and goldmaroon and gold
    • Posts: 554
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    Yep he decommitted from Notre Dame awhile ago once he realized Jeff Jackson wants him to go high off the glass 14 times a night

    #178092 Quote
    OutofState OutofMindOutofState OutofMind
    • Posts: 117
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    Chill Kessel wrote:


    Would flipping someone like Stramel fit? Doesn’t seem kessel level to me

    NTDP U17 leading scorer Gabe Perreault?

    #178093 Quote
    Bonin21Bonin21
    • Posts: 1565
    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    maroon_and_gold wrote:


    Wouldn’t be Kessel level imo

    Once again assuming it’s all fake until it happens

    Edit: referring to Stramel

    Kessel level and since Kessel don’t mean the same thing

    #178094 Quote
    OutofState OutofMindOutofState OutofMind
    • Posts: 117
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    Bonin21 wrote:


    Biggest coup SINCE Kessel. That wouldn’t necessarily mean Kessel level. You’d have to biggest coup after him which would be what, Ranta? If you’re talking about flipping someone. Many flips could be above Ranta level. Isaac Howard, etc. Some people would put Maddox Fleming above a Ranta level flip.

    Basically, could be one of like 25 players.

    Howard, Fleming, and Stramel signed their NLIs. So did Adam Fantilli, who I also thought to check.

    #178095 Quote
    Chill KesselChill Kessel
    • Posts: 456
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    “biggest thing ever”

    easy to post it with no detail. think i got suckered

    #178096 Quote
    GoldyShuffleGoldyShuffle
    • Posts: 23
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    No you did not. Circle back to this soon.

    #178097 Quote
    Chill KesselChill Kessel
    • Posts: 456
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    Then say cooley, or howard, or dean blais or whatever. the cryptic stuff seems like you’re lying or taking a shot in the dark

    #178098 Quote
    maroon and goldmaroon and gold
    • Posts: 554
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    Chill Kessel wrote:


    “biggest thing ever”

    easy to post it with no detail. think i got suckered

    This is why I’m expecting nothing until it happens

    #178099 Quote
    frozen4champsfrozen4champs
    • Posts: 1815
    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    My guess is Bobby Brink :D

    #178100 Quote
    Bonin21Bonin21
    • Posts: 1565
    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    Not exactly a Hammy level source

    #178101 Quote
    Bonin21Bonin21
    • Posts: 1565
    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    Chill Kessel wrote:


    “biggest thing ever”

    easy to post it with no detail. think i got suckered


    You are the one that appears to have taken it from “biggest since Kessel” to “Kessel level” by repeating that

    #178102 Quote
    Chill KesselChill Kessel
    • Posts: 456
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    the point stands

    #178103 Quote
    maroon and goldmaroon and gold
    • Posts: 554
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    It’s apple and oranges man

    #178104 Quote
    GoldyShuffleGoldyShuffle
    • Posts: 23
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    If I’m being cryptic, it’s not to be coy. Don’t wanna jinx it or ruin news that is not mine to share. But I am extremely excited, hence my posting. But it’s 90% there, if not done all the way.

    #178105 Quote
    Chill KesselChill Kessel
    • Posts: 456
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    Big wet fart noise

    i’m people’s sexiest man of the year

    #178106 Quote
    Bonin21Bonin21
    • Posts: 1565
    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    GoldyShuffle wrote:


    If I’m being cryptic, it’s not to be coy. Don’t wanna jinx it or ruin news that is not mine to share. But I am extremely excited, hence my posting. But it’s 90% there, if not done all the way.


    Is the kid Minnesotan. You can say that much I’d say

    #178107 Quote
    GoldyShuffleGoldyShuffle
    • Posts: 23
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    No

    #178108 Quote
    maroon and goldmaroon and gold
    • Posts: 554
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    Yeah it’s Cooley

    Odds this guys yankin our chain? Solid 50/50 I’d say

    #178109 Quote
    DreamLossDreamLoss
    • Posts: 35
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    GoldyShuffle wrote:


    If I’m being cryptic, it’s not to be coy. Don’t wanna jinx it or ruin news that is not mine to share. But I am extremely excited, hence my posting. But it’s 90% there, if not done all the way.

    I definitely get it and am more than willing to wait. Let’s all hope it gets to 100% of the way there!

    #178110 Quote
    Bonin21Bonin21
    • Posts: 1565
    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    It could be anyone. It could even be a boat.

    #178111 Quote
    glenhogan21glenhogan21
    • Posts: 162
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    maroon_and_gold wrote:


    Yeah it’s Cooley

    Odds this guys yankin our chain? Solid 50/50 I’d say

    I heard we are a long shot, but in the mix. Would be epic to land him. I think Ohio State is most likely.

    #178112 Quote
    Bonin21Bonin21
    • Posts: 1565
    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    What a fool he would be to go to OSU for one year lol

    #178113 Quote
    glenhogan21glenhogan21
    • Posts: 162
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    Bonin21 wrote:


    What a fool he would be to go to OSU for one year lol

    His brother plays there, and closer to home.

    #178114 Quote
    frozen4champsfrozen4champs
    • Posts: 1815
    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    Anybody know anything about this kid? Any interest from Mn? Just broke Mike Brodzinski’s school record.

    [media]https://twitter.com/BHSBengalHockey/status/1485007154595643392[/media]

    #178115 Quote
    Bonin21Bonin21
    • Posts: 1565
    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    He did play one more season than Brodzinski

    #178116 Quote
    frozen4champsfrozen4champs
    • Posts: 1815
    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    But he has only played 6 more games…. But feel free to not give the kid any credit and not recognize him as the record holder…

    #178117 Quote
    Chill KesselChill Kessel
    • Posts: 456
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    Garrett Schifsky to Michigan

    #178118 Quote
    Bonin21Bonin21
    • Posts: 1565
    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    Cy Young stat line. If they want him he must be a good one. Pehrson looked like a really pure skater out there this weekend and Hallum is ripping it up. Becker never panned out for them.

    #178119 Quote
    CelsiorCelsior
    • Posts: 10
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    GoldyShuffle wrote:

    No


    Any updates? I need something to get excited about.

    #178120 Quote
    frozen4champsfrozen4champs
    • Posts: 1815
    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
    #178121 Quote
    Bonin21Bonin21
    • Posts: 1565
    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    I like that he’s 6’4″. Gopher goaltending almost always lacks NHL goalie level size. And yes, I would love to have Moe on the team still.

    #178122 Quote
    CelsiorCelsior
    • Posts: 10
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    maroon_and_gold wrote:


    Yeah it’s Cooley

    Odds this guys yankin our chain? Solid 50/50 I’d say

    Cooley is projected as the top draft pick now. Any updates on the chances he is wearing Maroon and Gold next year?

    #178123 Quote
    Rau4SkiUMahRau4SkiUMah
    • Posts: 133
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    GoldyShuffle wrote:


    Very big news coming soon. Potentially biggest coup since Kessel.

    *Judge Smails voice* Well? We’re waiting?

    #178124 Quote
    Sioux SuckSioux Suck
    • Posts: 19
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/551013/croix-kochendorfer

    Any info on Croix Kochendorfer? Not a “hockey insider”, but a 6’4″ unsigned NAHL goalie from St. Paul piques my interest

    #178125 Quote
    frozen4champsfrozen4champs
    • Posts: 1815
    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    Now that they got Moore, who is next on the wish list besides Cooley (which I don’t think will happen)?

    Hendrickson?

    Musser?

    Baer?

    #178126 Quote
    Bonin21Bonin21
    • Posts: 1565
    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    Sawchyn would be nice but he has UND written all over him

    Unless Hendrickson already accelerated he can’t commit until August of this year.

    #178127 Quote
    SkiUMahSkiUMah
    • Posts: 33
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    Gotta be a WHL kid, was like a top pick in the futures draft i believe

    #178128 Quote
    IceburgIceburg
    • Posts: 253
    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    frozen4champs wrote:


    Now that they got Moore, who is next on the wish list besides Cooley (which I don’t think will happen)?

    Hendrickson?

    Musser?

    Baer?

    I’m don’t follow the male recruiting as religiously as I used to. Who is Baer?

    #178129 Quote
    SkiUMahSkiUMah
    • Posts: 33
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    Nick Baer D man from Minnetonka

    #178130 Quote
    Goldy77Goldy77
    • Posts: 104
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    Might as well grab Oliver’s teammate, Gabe Perreault.

    #178131 Quote
    CardinalCardinal
    • Posts: 89
    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    At the risk of brining up an unpopular (or popular I guess) name, Finn Brink is another one that probably isn’t going to get the “first round pick” accolades but is going to be a hell of a college player.

    Harper Searles is another kid off the Blades 15U team to watch. He’s drafted by Chicago in the USHL which is usually a usually bodes well for the kid’s future.

    #178132 Quote
    BlueBandit24BlueBandit24
    • Posts: 100
    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    Logan Hensler from Hill-Murray seems like he is going to be a premier recruit, though he is a ways off from being able to commit anywhere as a freshman.

    #178135 Quote
    DreamLossDreamLoss
    • Posts: 35
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    BlueBandit24 wrote:


    Logan Hensler from Hill-Murray seems like he is going to be a premier recruit, though he is a ways off from being able to commit anywhere as a freshman.

    I’ve caught two or three HM games this season and have come away impressed with Hensler each time. He looked more like an upperclassmen to me with how patient he was with the puck in the d-zone with really strong reads and overall just has a very simple but effective play style. Another obvious plus is his size/build, where as a freshmen he doesn’t need to grow at all in the next four years and will be fine at the next level size-wise.

    I heard on a podcast that Coach Motzko was spotted at the Roseau vs. Warroad game last week, who do we think he was scouting? Max Strand? Noah Urness? Maybe Carson Reed?

    #178136 Quote
    young gopher diehardyoung gopher diehard
    • Posts: 87
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    https://twitter.com/jennstrand4/status/1489344637043154952?s=21

    Strand was a gopher fan at one point in his life

    Not able to commit for a couple years but Carson Pilgrim and Murray Marvin-Cordes are two names I’ve heard a lot for Warroad

    #178137 Quote
    young gopher diehardyoung gopher diehard
    • Posts: 87
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    DreamLoss wrote:


    BlueBandit24 wrote:


    Logan Hensler from Hill-Murray seems like he is going to be a premier recruit, though he is a ways off from being able to commit anywhere as a freshman.

    I’ve caught two or three HM games this season and have come away impressed with Hensler each time. He looked more like an upperclassmen to me with how patient he was with the puck in the d-zone with really strong reads and overall just has a very simple but effective play style. Another obvious plus is his size/build, where as a freshmen he doesn’t need to grow at all in the next four years and will be fine at the next level size-wise.

    The HS hockey podcast mentioned Hensler awhile back and Tony Scott said he could tell you where Hensler will go to school today. He obviously grew up a huge fan of some school, my guess would be MN or WI.

    #178138 Quote
    CardinalCardinal
    • Posts: 89
    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    younggopherdiehard wrote:


    DreamLoss wrote:


    BlueBandit24 wrote:


    Logan Hensler from Hill-Murray seems like he is going to be a premier recruit, though he is a ways off from being able to commit anywhere as a freshman.

    I’ve caught two or three HM games this season and have come away impressed with Hensler each time. He looked more like an upperclassmen to me with how patient he was with the puck in the d-zone with really strong reads and overall just has a very simple but effective play style. Another obvious plus is his size/build, where as a freshmen he doesn’t need to grow at all in the next four years and will be fine at the next level size-wise.

    The HS hockey podcast mentioned Hensler awhile back and Tony Scott said he could tell you where Hensler will go to school today. He obviously grew up a huge fan of some school, my guess would be MN or WI.

    It’s another Big 10 school that brings in a lot of talent that he’ll end up at.

    #178139 Quote
    young gopher diehardyoung gopher diehard
    • Posts: 87
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    Cardinal wrote:


    younggopherdiehard wrote:


    DreamLoss wrote:


    BlueBandit24 wrote:


    Logan Hensler from Hill-Murray seems like he is going to be a premier recruit, though he is a ways off from being able to commit anywhere as a freshman.

    I’ve caught two or three HM games this season and have come away impressed with Hensler each time. He looked more like an upperclassmen to me with how patient he was with the puck in the d-zone with really strong reads and overall just has a very simple but effective play style. Another obvious plus is his size/build, where as a freshmen he doesn’t need to grow at all in the next four years and will be fine at the next level size-wise.

    The HS hockey podcast mentioned Hensler awhile back and Tony Scott said he could tell you where Hensler will go to school today. He obviously grew up a huge fan of some school, my guess would be MN or WI.

    It’s another Big 10 school that brings in a lot of talent that he’ll end up at.

    Michigan connection? Or I guess Notre Dame makes sense from the private school aspect. That sucks

    Nvm it’ll be Michigan.

    #178140 Quote
    Davey J.Davey J.
    • Posts: 31
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    If Hensler continues on his current trajectory, he may never play college hockey.

    Conrad Fondrk is an ‘07 to keep in mind…although I don’t know if he plans to play college hockey. He has the best hands I’ve ever seen!

    https://www.worldhockeygroup.com/roster_players/47274663

    #178141 Quote
    CardinalCardinal
    • Posts: 89
    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    Cole Bumgarner is another name for way down the road … he’s an 8th grader playing varsity defense for Shakopee. 15 points in 20 games.

    https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/629360/cole-bumgarner

    #178142 Quote
    young gopher diehardyoung gopher diehard
    • Posts: 87
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    Shakopee is filled with young talent..

    F – Cooper Simpson (9th) 27 pts

    D -Carson Steinhoff (8th) 22 pts

    #178143 Quote
    Davey J.Davey J.
    • Posts: 31
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    younggopherdiehard wrote:


    Shakopee is filled with young talent..

    F – Cooper Simpson (9th) 27 pts

    D -Carson Steinhoff (8th) 22 pts

    Cooper Simpson played his youth hockey for MN Made Machine Orange. He’s a terrific player with a wicked shot and an even more wicked mean streak! (Borderline dirty player!)

    #178144 Quote
    Bonin21Bonin21
    • Posts: 1565
    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    Davey J. wrote:


    If Hensler continues on his current trajectory, he may never play college hockey.

    Conrad Fondrk is an ‘07 to keep in mind…although I don’t know if he plans to play college hockey. He has the best hands I’ve ever seen!

    https://www.worldhockeygroup.com/roster_players/47274663


    Two things. If you’re saying Hensler might be good enough to go straight to the show I’d say pump the brakes. Not even Eichel did that.

    As far as the other kid, why in the world did he head out to Rhode Island?

Viewing 75 posts - 226 through 300 (of 543 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Portal Forum Hockey Talk Gopher Recruiting Potential Future Recruits