Portal Forum Hockey Talk College Hockey Opponent Recruiting

  • This topic has 211 replies, 47 voices, and was last updated Jun 29 at 9:51pm by Chill KesselChill Kessel.
Viewing 75 posts - 76 through 150 (of 212 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #174685 Quote
    Jaykay3Jaykay3
      Up
      0
      Down
      ::

      Former Gopher commit Jack Jensen from Eden Prairie has committed to CC.

      #174686 Quote
      frozen4champsfrozen4champs
      • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
      #174687 Quote
      BaleBale
        #174688 Quote
        D2DD2D
        • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
        Up
        0
        Down
        ::

        Bale wrote:


        [Looks like another nice pickup from a non-traditional location for msu. And to get ahead of you a-holes, he’s not even 29-ysars-old. :D


        When’s his birthday? :D

        #174689 Quote
        gopherguy06gopherguy06
          Up
          0
          Down
          ::

          Saw this on GH: Saw a note in the District 196 Spotlight magazine that gets sent to families in the district that Ratzlaff will be playing both football and hockey for Wisconsin.

          I didnt realize he was going to play both.

          #174690 Quote
          Gopherguy05Gopherguy05
            Up
            0
            Down
            ::

            gopherguy06 wrote:


            Saw this on GH: Saw a note in the District 196 Spotlight magazine that gets sent to families in the district that Ratzlaff will be playing both football and hockey for Wisconsin.

            I didnt realize he was going to play both.

            He wont. Football isnt over until January and spring practice usually starts in March. No way that happens.

            #174691 Quote
            streakygopherstreakygopher
            • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
            Up
            0
            Down
            ::

            frozen4champs wrote:


            [media]https://twitter.com/bchor17/status/1359281937437884418[/media]

            Missed this earlier.

            I remember this kid in the tournament. Ungainly stride like a giraffe, but really good hands for a big kid. I hope he does well.

            #174692 Quote
            Bonin21Bonin21
            • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
            Up
            0
            Down
            ::

            Jaykay3 wrote:


            Former Gopher commit Jack Jensen from Eden Prairie has committed to CC.

            And now ASU

            #174693 Quote
            Bonin21Bonin21
            • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
            Up
            0
            Down
            ::

            Sean Farrell (Harvard) is going to break the USHL record for points in this millennium. He has 101 in 53 games and needs three more to tie Kevin Roy (104 in 59GP).

            Steel teammate Matthew Coronato (also Harvard) is trying to become the second this millennium to hit 50 goals. He has 48 in 51. Roy had 54 in 59.

            Two big reasons I have Harvard as a top 10 team this year.

            #174694 Quote
            Jaykay3Jaykay3
              Up
              0
              Down
              ::

              Bonin21 wrote:


              Sean Farrell (Harvard) is going to break the USHL record for points in this millennium. He has 101 in 53 games and needs three more to tie Kevin Roy (104 in 59GP).

              Steel teammate Matthew Coronato (also Harvard) is trying to become the second this millennium to hit 50 goals. He has 48 in 51. Roy had 54 in 59.

              Two big reasons I have Harvard as a top 10 team this year.

              Farrell 100% would have been playing college this year if Harvard had a season. Coronato is still just a high school senior so what he’s doing is super impressive and has gotten him into the first round conversation. That Chicago team and also Harvard next year should be fun to follow.

              #174695 Quote
              Bonin21Bonin21
              • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
              Up
              0
              Down
              ::

              UND gets their second goalie for next year, a Swede that has been playing third tier professional hockey there.

              https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/277264/jakob-hellsten

              I don’t know how he’s eligible.

              #174696 Quote
              D2DD2D
              • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
              Up
              0
              Down
              ::

              Bonin21 wrote:


              UND gets their second goalie for next year, a Swede that has been playing third tier professional hockey there.

              https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/277264/jakob-hellsten

              I don’t know how he’s eligible.


              I would think some kind of an investigation would be in order.

              #174697 Quote
              Bonin21Bonin21
              • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
              Up
              0
              Down
              ::

              Scott Morrow, potential first rounder, seems to be flipping from UND to the national champs because UND wanted to delay him a year. UND has likely prioritized Brent Johnson, whose stock has been climbing rapidly and could be drafted ahead of Morrow.

              #174698 Quote
              DreamLossDreamLoss
                Up
                0
                Down
                ::

                Bonin21 wrote:


                Scott Morrow, potential first rounder, seems to be flipping from UND to the national champs because UND wanted to delay him a year. UND has likely prioritized Brent Johnson, whose stock has been climbing rapidly and could be drafted ahead of Morrow.

                Now that’s good news. Did the Fighting Hawks potentially grab one too many defensemen from the transfer portal? If the risk was losing Morrow completely in asking him to defer a year, I’d much rather bring both him and Brent Johnson in instead of getting two final years of eligibility from either Chris Jandric or Brady Ferner.

                Unless they feel that Morrow isn’t ready after playing another year of hockey that is a step down from where he should be playing, that decision is a no brainer to me. I mean, we are talking about a potential first round talent vs. transfers from Alaska-Fairbanks and RPI, neither of whom played in a game the entire 2020-21 season.

                #174699 Quote
                glenhogan21glenhogan21
                  #174700 Quote
                  glenhogan21glenhogan21
                    Up
                    0
                    Down
                    ::

                    Assume this means Stramel accelerated school…

                    Judging by his Instagram seems Whitelaw will go to Wisconsin also.

                    #174701 Quote
                    maroon and goldmaroon and gold
                      Up
                      0
                      Down
                      ::

                      glenhogan21 wrote:


                      Assume this means Stramel accelerated school…

                      Judging by his Instagram seems Whitelaw will go to Wisconsin also.

                      Stramels high school teammate at Rosemount Luke Levandowski has been committed to wisco for awhile so not a ton of surprise.

                      Not too worried, we have a very skilled and very deep forward prospect pipeline.

                      #174702 Quote
                      Bonin21Bonin21
                      • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
                      Up
                      0
                      Down
                      ::

                      Fudge

                      #174703 Quote
                      BertogliatBertogliat
                      • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
                      Up
                      0
                      Down
                      ::

                      glenhogan21 wrote:


                      https://twitter.com/chrismpeters/status/1391457398842294273?s=21

                      Isn’t he too young to receive offers? :confused2:

                      Or was I in a coma and it’s now August 1st?

                      #174704 Quote
                      Bonin21Bonin21
                      • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
                      Up
                      0
                      Down
                      ::

                      He probably accelerated to catch up in grade with his teammates and not have to play a year in the USHL before going to college.

                      #174705 Quote
                      BertogliatBertogliat
                      • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
                      Up
                      0
                      Down
                      ::

                      Bonin21 wrote:


                      He probably accelerated to catch up in grade with his teammates and not have to play a year in the USHL before going to college.

                      This is sad. I feel bad for him having to play at Wisconsin. Wisconsin is going to screw him up. :crazy:

                      #174706 Quote
                      Bonin21Bonin21
                      • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
                      Up
                      0
                      Down
                      ::

                      After Ratzlaff going there too, Rosemount is dead to me.

                      #174707 Quote
                      bearpaw28bearpaw28
                        Up
                        0
                        Down
                        ::

                        Bonin21 wrote:


                        After Ratzlaff going there too, Rosemount is dead to me.

                        It appears the feeling in mutual…going the other way 😉

                        #174708 Quote
                        CowgirlCowgirl
                        • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
                        Up
                        0
                        Down
                        ::

                        My back yard borders said town. I can go throw some dog turds at it if it makes you feel better! :mrgreen:

                        Although the new neighbors back there have a beehive on their septic mound just across the line so I don’t want to get too close. 🐝

                        #174709 Quote
                        Bonin21Bonin21
                        • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
                        Up
                        0
                        Down
                        ::

                        Mason Wheeler committed to Mankato. Not sure for this season or next. He’s a D man, and not sure he was on the radar but we know we’ll need some replacements next summer. He went to Rosemount, though, so he was never really an option.

                        #174710 Quote
                        D2DD2D
                        • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
                        Up
                        0
                        Down
                        ::

                        Bonin21 wrote:


                        Mason Wheeler committed to Mankato. Not sure for this season or next.


                        Or the next after next, or the one after that, or ……..

                        #174711 Quote
                        NormNorm
                        • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
                        Up
                        0
                        Down
                        ::

                        D2D wrote:


                        Bonin21 wrote:


                        Mason Wheeler committed to Mankato. Not sure for this season or next.


                        Or the next after next, or the one after that, or ……..

                        He’ll be 20 when the season starts, so I would think a couple more years before he comes in.

                        #174712 Quote
                        maroon and goldmaroon and gold
                          Up
                          0
                          Down
                          ::

                          Zam Plante to UMD

                          #174713 Quote
                          frozen4champsfrozen4champs
                          • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
                          Up
                          0
                          Down
                          ::

                          The Whioux have picked up 3 players so far today. Defensemen Jake Livanavage, Andrew Strathmann and forward Jayden Perron.

                          #174714 Quote
                          young gopher diehardyoung gopher diehard
                            Up
                            0
                            Down
                            ::

                            Austin Burnevik to St. Cloud. Very good player from Totino and now with U17. I’d take his teammate Oliver Moore if I had to choose between the two.

                            #174715 Quote
                            BertogliatBertogliat
                            • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
                            Up
                            0
                            Down
                            ::

                            younggopherdiehard wrote:


                            Austin Burnevik to St. Cloud. Very good player from Totino and now with U17. I’d take his teammate Oliver Moore if I had to choose between the two.

                            I believe his parents are alumni.

                            #174716 Quote
                            young gopher diehardyoung gopher diehard
                              Up
                              0
                              Down
                              ::

                              Bertogliat wrote:


                              younggopherdiehard wrote:


                              Austin Burnevik to St. Cloud. Very good player from Totino and now with U17. I’d take his teammate Oliver Moore if I had to choose between the two.

                              I believe his parents are alumni.

                              You are saying Burnevik’s parents are St. Cloud alumni, correct?

                              #174717 Quote
                              BertogliatBertogliat
                              • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
                              Up
                              0
                              Down
                              ::

                              younggopherdiehard wrote:


                              Bertogliat wrote:


                              younggopherdiehard wrote:


                              Austin Burnevik to St. Cloud. Very good player from Totino and now with U17. I’d take his teammate Oliver Moore if I had to choose between the two.

                              I believe his parents are alumni.

                              You are saying Burnevik’s parents are St. Cloud alumni, correct?

                              That’s what I understand.

                              #174718 Quote
                              Gopherguy05Gopherguy05
                                #174719 Quote
                                bearpaw28bearpaw28
                                  Up
                                  0
                                  Down
                                  ::

                                  Gopherguy05 wrote:


                                  Shaugabay to UMD

                                  https://twitter.com/JessRMyers/status/1422192121478590464?s=19

                                  WOW…didn’t see this coming…the success Kobe Roth has experienced playing for tDogs likely played into this…👍

                                  #174720 Quote
                                  AHABulldogAHABulldog
                                    Up
                                    0
                                    Down
                                    ::

                                    bearpaw28 wrote:


                                    Gopherguy05 wrote:


                                    Shaugabay to UMD

                                    https://twitter.com/JessRMyers/status/1422192121478590464?s=19

                                    WOW…didn’t see this coming…the success Kobe Roth has experienced playing for tDogs likely played into this…👍

                                    Jay Hardwick starting to steer Warroad talent to his alma mater over UND. You love to see it.

                                    #174721 Quote
                                    Goldy77Goldy77
                                      Up
                                      0
                                      Down
                                      ::

                                      I’m guessing the kid meant Ferris St…

                                      #174722 Quote
                                      BertogliatBertogliat
                                      • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
                                      Up
                                      0
                                      Down
                                      ::

                                      Goldy77 wrote:


                                      I’m guessing the kid meant Ferris St…

                                      Yale?

                                      #174723 Quote
                                      bearpaw28bearpaw28
                                        Up
                                        0
                                        Down
                                        ::

                                        Bertogliat wrote:


                                        Goldy77 wrote:


                                        I’m guessing the kid meant Ferris St…

                                        Yale?

                                        funny, Funny, FUNNY… :mrgreen:

                                        #174724 Quote
                                        D2DD2D
                                        • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
                                        #174725 Quote
                                        bearpaw28bearpaw28
                                          Up
                                          0
                                          Down
                                          ::

                                          Another Hermantown Junior commits to tUMD.

                                          #174727 Quote
                                          bearpaw28bearpaw28
                                            #174726 Quote
                                            BladepullerBladepuller
                                            • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
                                            Up
                                            0
                                            Down
                                            ::

                                            Child abuse. 😉

                                            #174728 Quote
                                            frozen4champsfrozen4champs
                                            • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
                                            Up
                                            0
                                            Down
                                            ::

                                            Former Whioux commit and Arizona draft pick is heading back to the USHL.

                                            [media]https://twitter.com/JeffMarek/status/1430496159974498314[/media]

                                            #174729 Quote
                                            Gopherguy05Gopherguy05
                                              #174730 Quote
                                              VegoeVegoe
                                                Up
                                                0
                                                Down
                                                ::

                                                Gopherguy05 wrote:


                                                Whitelaw to Bucky,

                                                https://twitter.com/williammnbrick/status/1430535849741979651

                                                Plenty of 05s still out there — I think Oliver Moore, Beckett Hendrickson, Danny Nelson and Ted Townsend.

                                                If I were to wager a guess, an earlier arrival timeline for Whitelaw could be attractive to him as that seems to be one of Wisconsin’s talking points.

                                                #174731 Quote
                                                glenhogan21glenhogan21
                                                  Up
                                                  0
                                                  Down
                                                  ::

                                                  Nelson and Townsend are not eligible to commit until next August correct

                                                  Jimmy Clark as a late ‘04 would be same class…any thoughts on Simon Houge? Haven’t seen him play but has put up nice numbers. Wonder what kind of interest he is getting. Also Casy Laylin has had a real nice summer making Hlinka. Could be a nice addition after a couple USHL seasons.

                                                  #174732 Quote
                                                  BetterDeadThenRedBetterDeadThenRed
                                                    Up
                                                    0
                                                    Down
                                                    ::

                                                    Don’t be suprised if Casy and Luc Laylin weren’t package deals for the new UST Ass’t Coach.

                                                    #174733 Quote
                                                    GreyeagleGreyeagle
                                                    Moderator
                                                    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
                                                    #174734 Quote
                                                    Gopherguy05Gopherguy05
                                                      #174735 Quote
                                                      ZwakZwak
                                                      Moderator
                                                      • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
                                                      Up
                                                      0
                                                      Down
                                                      ::

                                                      Gopherguy05 wrote:


                                                      https://twitter.com/jonmorosi/status/1430610451088482305

                                                      It’s about time they caught a break in recruiting.

                                                      #174736 Quote
                                                      The Exiled OneThe Exiled One
                                                        Up
                                                        0
                                                        Down
                                                        ::

                                                        Vegoe wrote:

                                                        Plenty of 05s still out there — I think Oliver Moore, Beckett Hendrickson, Danny Nelson and Ted Townsend.


                                                        Moore’s dad went to St. Thomas. That’d be a crazy coup of a commitment!

                                                        #174737 Quote
                                                        maroon and goldmaroon and gold
                                                          Up
                                                          0
                                                          Down
                                                          ::

                                                          Luc Laylin to St. Thomas

                                                          #174738 Quote
                                                          maroon and goldmaroon and gold
                                                            Up
                                                            0
                                                            Down
                                                            ::

                                                            Defenseman Mason Reiners of Edina to SCSU

                                                            #174740 Quote
                                                            young gopher diehardyoung gopher diehard
                                                              Up
                                                              0
                                                              Down
                                                              ::

                                                              Gavin Brindley to Michigan. Another very highly rated commit.

                                                              #174741 Quote
                                                              BertogliatBertogliat
                                                              • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
                                                              Up
                                                              0
                                                              Down
                                                              ::

                                                              younggopherdiehard wrote:


                                                              Gavin Brindley to Michigan. Another very highly rated commit.

                                                              Bucci can celebrate with some chicken parm.

                                                              #174742 Quote
                                                              glenhogan21glenhogan21
                                                                Up
                                                                0
                                                                Down
                                                                ::

                                                                Hallum 4 goals tonight. He’s been very noticeable in USHL games I have seen. Ofcourse he’ll be at Michigan, unless the bump him for a top 5 pick.

                                                                https://www.instagram.com/p/CUykm7sNrkw/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

                                                                #174743 Quote
                                                                Bonin21Bonin21
                                                                • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
                                                                #174744 Quote
                                                                young gopher diehardyoung gopher diehard
                                                                  Up
                                                                  0
                                                                  Down
                                                                  ::

                                                                  Josh Eernisse of Eastview and Ryan O’Neill of STA committed to UST in the last week.

                                                                  Add Lucas Wahlin from Hill Murray as well. UST loading up on MN ‘01s.

                                                                  #174747 Quote
                                                                  DreamLossDreamLoss
                                                                    Up
                                                                    0
                                                                    Down
                                                                    ::

                                                                    Previously the #1 overall pick in the 2020 USHL Futures draft:

                                                                    https://twitter.com/QuinnFinley2/status/1453463065144537090

                                                                    #174746 Quote
                                                                    Bonin21Bonin21
                                                                    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
                                                                    Up
                                                                    0
                                                                    Down
                                                                    ::

                                                                    Needs a haircut

                                                                    #174745 Quote
                                                                    Bonin21Bonin21
                                                                    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
                                                                    Up
                                                                    0
                                                                    Down
                                                                    ::

                                                                    younggopherdiehard wrote:


                                                                    UST loading up on MN ‘01s.


                                                                    Mankato/SCSU strategy…

                                                                    01s are in their second or third juniors year post grad

                                                                    #174748 Quote
                                                                    young gopher diehardyoung gopher diehard
                                                                      Up
                                                                      0
                                                                      Down
                                                                      ::

                                                                      Bonin21 wrote:


                                                                      younggopherdiehard wrote:


                                                                      UST loading up on MN ‘01s.


                                                                      Mankato/SCSU strategy…

                                                                      01s are in their second or third juniors year post grad

                                                                      Yes I know. That was my point.

                                                                      #174749 Quote
                                                                      Bonin21Bonin21
                                                                      • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
                                                                      Up
                                                                      0
                                                                      Down
                                                                      ::

                                                                      younggopherdiehard wrote:


                                                                      Yes I know. That was my point.


                                                                      Some people don’t keep track of the birth years that closely.

                                                                      #174750 Quote
                                                                      ShooterShooter
                                                                        Up
                                                                        0
                                                                        Down
                                                                        ::

                                                                        Gavin O’Connell of Wayzata to UMD

                                                                        #174751 Quote
                                                                        OutofState OutofMindOutofState OutofMind
                                                                          Up
                                                                          0
                                                                          Down
                                                                          ::

                                                                          Joe Miller to Harvard.

                                                                          #174752 Quote
                                                                          frozen4champsfrozen4champs
                                                                          • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
                                                                          #174753 Quote
                                                                          D2DD2D
                                                                          • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
                                                                          Up
                                                                          0
                                                                          Down
                                                                          ::

                                                                          Younger brother, who played for Notre Dame years ago, sent me these two highlight videos showing some pretty goals and how they swept the BADgers – and for this past weekend the BADgers truly were BAD. (haha)

                                                                          https://youtu.be/8cNGE5wlDdk

                                                                          https://youtu.be/UoO9VtzcSt0

                                                                          #174754 Quote
                                                                          IceburgIceburg
                                                                          • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
                                                                          #174755 Quote
                                                                          frozen4champsfrozen4champs
                                                                          • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
                                                                          Up
                                                                          0
                                                                          Down
                                                                          ::

                                                                          Iceburg wrote:


                                                                          https://twitter.com/youthhockeyhub/status/1461486877358411776?s=21

                                                                          That is a interesting development.

                                                                          #174756 Quote
                                                                          young gopher diehardyoung gopher diehard
                                                                            Up
                                                                            0
                                                                            Down
                                                                            ::

                                                                            Former gopher commit, Jake Braccini, to UST.

                                                                            #174758 Quote
                                                                            frozen4champsfrozen4champs
                                                                            • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
                                                                            #174767 Quote
                                                                            maroon and goldmaroon and gold
                                                                              Up
                                                                              0
                                                                              Down
                                                                              ::

                                                                              Weston Knox of Andover to Air Force

                                                                              #174768 Quote
                                                                              Slap ShotSlap Shot
                                                                              • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
                                                                              Up
                                                                              0
                                                                              Down
                                                                              ::

                                                                              maroon_and_gold wrote:


                                                                              Weston Knox of Andover to Air Force

                                                                              Good for him. I imagine it’s a great fit for him and the best of luck.

                                                                              #174769 Quote
                                                                              Bonin21Bonin21
                                                                              • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
                                                                            Viewing 75 posts - 76 through 150 (of 212 total)
                                                                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

                                                                            Portal Forum Hockey Talk College Hockey Opponent Recruiting