Portal Forum Hockey Talk Gopher Recruiting Committed Recruits Update Thread

  • This topic has 1,175 replies, 75 voices, and was last updated Aug 8 at 7:59am by frozen4champsfrozen4champs.
Viewing 75 posts - 901 through 975 (of 1,176 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #180233 Quote
    BertogliatBertogliat
    • Posts: 1201
    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    maroon_and_gold wrote:


    Bonin21 wrote:


    maroon_and_gold wrote:


    Lucius back in the lineup and he scores!!

    With every passing week and the way the communication has been I think 0 Lucius Brothers is more likely than 2 Lucius Brothers on the roster next year.

    Very interesting… could still be a foot injury right??

    Was it reported he had a foot injury? Nobody seems to be talking about it which is weird considering he is a first round NHL draft pick. You’d think there would be plenty of updates as more than just Gopher fans should be concerned. Leads me to speculate it is not injury related.

    #180234 Quote
    Slap ShotSlap Shot
    • Posts: 1545
    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    What exactly is the smoke behind the speculation neither Lucius will be here next year?

    #180235 Quote
    Bonin21Bonin21
    • Posts: 1565
    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    maroon_and_gold wrote:


    Bonin21 wrote:


    If you lose both Knies and Lucius forward depth next year will not be as strong as this year (with Lucius).

    Knies/Lucius/Meyers/McLaughlin/Walker/Cruikshank >

    Cooley/Snuggerud/Kurth + a summer of development for the others

    Knies staying would basically even out the scales as I believe he is a Hobey contender for next year (not to get too far ahead of ourselves, Gophers still have hockey to play THIS year) and it’s kinda looking like he’s leaning towards staying.


    Agree Knies staying evens it out even if no Lucius

    #180236 Quote
    streakygopherstreakygopher
    • Posts: 370
    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    maroon_and_gold wrote:


    Bonin21 wrote:


    If you lose both Knies and Lucius forward depth next year will not be as strong as this year (with Lucius).

    Knies/Lucius/Meyers/McLaughlin/Walker/Cruikshank >

    Cooley/Snuggerud/Kurth + a summer of development for the others

    Knies staying would basically even out the scales as I believe he is a Hobey contender for next year (not to get too far ahead of ourselves, Gophers still have hockey to play THIS year) and it’s kinda looking like he’s leaning towards staying.

    An argument can be made that Knies and Faber could develop in their respective NHL affiliates, but I think they both could use another year in college. There are too many examples now of players who leave one or two years before they are truly ready (size, strength, maturity). It shouldn’t be dismissed that some kids just need more time to mature mentally and emotionally as well.

    #180237 Quote
    BertogliatBertogliat
    • Posts: 1201
    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    *cough* Danny Irmen *cough*

    #180238 Quote
    ddillon22ddillon22
    • Posts: 18
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    I would think Faber has four or less games less with the Gophers. The Kings have very few healthy defensemen right now so they might want him. Thanks goodness it is not Carolina that has his rights.

    #180239 Quote
    frozen4champsfrozen4champs
    • Posts: 1815
    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    Oliver Moore with 2 goals and an assist tonight.

    #180240 Quote
    mlhousemlhouse
    • Posts: 30
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    ddillon22 wrote:


    I would think Faber has four or less games less with the Gophers. The Kings have very few healthy defensemen right now so they might want him. Thanks goodness it is not Carolina that has his rights.

    I thin 95% that Faber leaves.

    I think 75% Knies leaves, although I think he can gain a lot by staying one more year.

    95% Meyers leaves.

    I think the real question mark is Ryan Johnson and Jackson LaCombe. I think both should come back for another year, but who knows what they are thinking.

    Lets win a National Championship and then worry about it later.

    #180241 Quote
    Chill KesselChill Kessel
    • Posts: 456
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    The percentage on Meyers is higher than you have listed

    #180242 Quote
    BertogliatBertogliat
    • Posts: 1201
    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    Since Meyers is undrafted, it has to be 100%

    #180243 Quote
    mlhousemlhouse
    • Posts: 30
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    Chill Kessel wrote:


    The percentage on Meyers is higher than you have listed

    95% seems right.

    #180244 Quote
    trixR4kidstrixR4kids
    • Posts: 353
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    Wouldn’t be surprised if Faber leaves, Knies wouldn’t be horribly shocking but he should stay another year. Meyers is gone after this tourney.

    #180245 Quote
    Rau4SkiUMahRau4SkiUMah
    • Posts: 133
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    The rumors seem to be that Knies is actually leaning towards staying. Faber I would expect to probably leave. Meyers is 100% gone and he more than deserves to go pro. But I agree, let’s just keep winning and the we’ll see.

    #180246 Quote
    BertogliatBertogliat
    • Posts: 1201
    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    trixR4kids wrote:


    Wouldn’t be surprised if Faber leaves, Knies wouldn’t be horribly shocking but he should stay another year. Meyers is gone after this tourney.

    I bet he signs within 3 days of the end of the tourney.

    Easton Brodzinski was all but signed before he hurt his knee in the FF.

    #180247 Quote
    Chill KesselChill Kessel
    • Posts: 456
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    Ben Meyers will play professional hockey this season unless he gets hurt. Thoughts of him returning for another year are just wishful thinking.

    #180248 Quote
    Bonin21Bonin21
    • Posts: 1565
    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    mlhouse wrote:


    Chill Kessel wrote:


    The percentage on Meyers is higher than you have listed

    95% seems right.


    It is 99.9%

    #180249 Quote
    frozen4champsfrozen4champs
    • Posts: 1815
    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
    #180250 Quote
    BlueBandit24BlueBandit24
    • Posts: 100
    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    Awesome to see many Cooley highlights start with “Snuggerud wins battle in the corner”.

    #180251 Quote
    frozen4champsfrozen4champs
    • Posts: 1815
    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    Lamb with a goal and Kurth with 2 so far tonight in the USHL

    #180252 Quote
    Chill KesselChill Kessel
    • Posts: 456
    #180253 Quote
    Slap ShotSlap Shot
    • Posts: 1545
    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    Meyers is 100% gone. With the way Knies looked like a man amongst boys vs UMASS, if he sustains that for the next 3 games I’d be very surprised to see him come back. Faber and LaCombe I’m up in the air – I don’t think either is more than 50%. For Johnson it sure feels to me that he hasn’t improved much this season. That to me smells like transfer or go pro and I hope I am wrong on that.

    #180254 Quote
    Rau4SkiUMahRau4SkiUMah
    • Posts: 133
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    Why would Johnson transfer? If he doesn’t turn pro and decides to stay in college why would he leave a program where he is currently one of the top defenseman and would be again next year?

    #180255 Quote
    streakygopherstreakygopher
    • Posts: 370
    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    Rau4SkiUMah wrote:


    Why would Johnson transfer? If he doesn’t turn pro and decides to stay in college why would he leave a program where he is currently one of the top defenseman and would be again next year?

    Yeah that makes zero sense.

    #180256 Quote
    IdontknowIdontknow
    • Posts: 130
    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    I don’t follow recruiting super closely. Cooley our best recruit (on paper) since???

    #180257 Quote
    maroon and goldmaroon and gold
    • Posts: 554
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    Kessel

    #180258 Quote
    frozen4champsfrozen4champs
    • Posts: 1815
    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    Kurth ended up with the hat trick. Now has 30 goals for the year.

    [media]https://twitter.com/fightingsaints/status/1507933160079777802/photo/1[/media]

    #180259 Quote
    mlhousemlhouse
    • Posts: 30
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    Idontknow wrote:


    I don’t follow recruiting super closely. Cooley our best recruit (on paper) since???

    Eric Johnson

    #180260 Quote
    mlhousemlhouse
    • Posts: 30
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    Chill Kessel wrote:


    Ben Meyers will play professional hockey this season unless he gets hurt. Thoughts of him returning for another year are just wishful thinking.

    WHen you put a 95% probability on something happening, you arent having thoughts of the opposite.

    #180261 Quote
    SkiUMahSkiUMah
    • Posts: 33
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    Slap Shot wrote:


    Meyers is 100% gone. With the way Knies looked like a man amongst boys vs UMASS, if he sustains that for the next 3 games I’d be very surprised to see him come back. Faber and LaCombe I’m up in the air – I don’t think either is more than 50%. For Johnson it sure feels to me that he hasn’t improved much this season. That to me smells like transfer or go pro and I hope I am wrong on that.

    Woof what an awful take. Johnson is so steady back there and was great today.

    #180262 Quote
    GreyeagleGreyeagle
    Moderator
    • Posts: 1212
    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    SkiUMah wrote:


    Slap Shot wrote:


    Meyers is 100% gone. With the way Knies looked like a man amongst boys vs UMASS, if he sustains that for the next 3 games I’d be very surprised to see him come back. Faber and LaCombe I’m up in the air – I don’t think either is more than 50%. For Johnson it sure feels to me that he hasn’t improved much this season. That to me smells like transfer or go pro and I hope I am wrong on that.

    Woof what an awful take. Johnson is so steady back there and was great today.

    Johnson is a little like Brinkman, they both do a lot really well without getting noticed and both allow their D partners a to of freedom.

    #180263 Quote
    Davey J.Davey J.
    • Posts: 31
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    Johnson gets better and better all the time!

    Brinkman…well there’s a reason he hasn’t played (much) in the 3rd period the last two games…

    #180264 Quote
    mlhousemlhouse
    • Posts: 30
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    Davey J. wrote:


    Johnson gets better and better all the time!

    Brinkman…well there’s a reason he hasn’t played (much) in the 3rd period the last two games…

    Brinkman has played well this season.

    #180265 Quote
    streakygopherstreakygopher
    • Posts: 370
    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    Brinkman has had a good year, but he doesn’t skate nearly as well as Johnson, and it’s not even close. He also doesn’t pass, handle the puck, or see the ice as well. Brinkman is a steady defenseman, but Johnson is an elite college hockey player.

    He’s a little small and doesn’t step into the offense much, but he’ll definitely get his chance at the next level.

    #180266 Quote
    Rau4SkiUMahRau4SkiUMah
    • Posts: 133
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    streakygopher wrote:


    Brinkman has had a good year, but he doesn’t skate nearly as well as Johnson, and it’s not even close. He also doesn’t pass, handle the puck, or see the ice as well. Brinkman is a steady defenseman, but Johnson is an elite college hockey player.

    He’s a little small and doesn’t step into the offense much, but he’ll definitely get his chance at the next level.

    What I like about Johnson is he is, for the most part, pretty steady Eddie. Knows his role and plays it well. It’s been a lot of fun to watch the pairing of him and Faber. This entire D corps has been great. Haven’t had one this solid in years.

    #180267 Quote
    Davey J.Davey J.
    • Posts: 31
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    streakygopher wrote:


    Brinkman has had a good year, but he doesn’t skate nearly as well as Johnson, and it’s not even close. He also doesn’t pass, handle the puck, or see the ice as well. Brinkman is a steady defenseman, but Johnson is an elite college hockey player.

    He’s a little small and doesn’t step into the offense much, but he’ll definitely get his chance at the next level.

    I disagree! Brinkman is BY FAR the worst regular d-man on the team! He’s a below average skater with below average hands and bottom of the barrel processor speed!

    He and Brodzinski (if he leaves) will be addition by subtraction!

    #180268 Quote
    Bonin21Bonin21
    • Posts: 1565
    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    Davey J. wrote:

    He and Brodzinski (if he leaves) will be addition by subtraction!


    I agree. Time for fresh blood.

    Subtract Denman/Rossini/Brinkman + plan on losing two of Lacombe/Johnson/Faber (-5 bodies)

    Add Mittelstadt/Thomas/Chesley and someone else but ideally only one of the above three should leave (Lacombe and Johnson are not NHL ready).

    #180269 Quote
    SunboneSunbone
    • Posts: 97
    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    Davey J. wrote:


    streakygopher wrote:


    Brinkman has had a good year, but he doesn’t skate nearly as well as Johnson, and it’s not even close. He also doesn’t pass, handle the puck, or see the ice as well. Brinkman is a steady defenseman, but Johnson is an elite college hockey player.

    He’s a little small and doesn’t step into the offense much, but he’ll definitely get his chance at the next level.

    I disagree! Brinkman is BY FAR the worst regular d-man on the team! He’s a below average skater with below average hands and bottom of the barrel processor speed!

    He and Brodzinski (if he leaves) will be addition by subtraction!


    Brinkman obviously isn’t as talented as the other D on this roster but he is an above average stay at home college D-man IMO. Generally you aren’t going to have 6 All American candidates on your blue line and guys like him have value. But whatever, even with the team headed to Boston some need to accentuate the negative.

    #180270 Quote
    Chill KesselChill Kessel
    • Posts: 456
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    I recall the ’02 team having some very high-end D men complimented nicely by some steady stay at home kind of guys

    #180271 Quote
    frozen4champsfrozen4champs
    • Posts: 1815
    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    Back to committed recruits–

    Kurth is 3rd in pts (72), 3rd in goals (30), 5th in assists (42),

    Mittelstadt is 2nd in pts for defensemen (48), 3rd in goals as a defenseman (17), 5th in PPG’s among all players (12)

    #180272 Quote
    maroon and goldmaroon and gold
    • Posts: 554
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    Bonin21 wrote:


    Davey J. wrote:

    He and Brodzinski (if he leaves) will be addition by subtraction!


    I agree. Time for fresh blood.

    Subtract Denman/Rossini/Brinkman + plan on losing two of Lacombe/Johnson/Faber (-5 bodies)

    Add Mittelstadt/Thomas/Chesley and someone else but ideally only one of the above three should leave (Lacombe and Johnson are not NHL ready).

    I think LaCombe is ready and will sign. This second half he’s had has been really impressive. No one gives me more confidence going back for a puck in our own end than #2, not even Faber.

    #180273 Quote
    FargoGopher7FargoGopher7
    • Posts: 8
    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    maroon_and_gold wrote:


    Bonin21 wrote:


    Davey J. wrote:

    He and Brodzinski (if he leaves) will be addition by subtraction!


    I agree. Time for fresh blood.

    Subtract Denman/Rossini/Brinkman + plan on losing two of Lacombe/Johnson/Faber (-5 bodies)

    Add Mittelstadt/Thomas/Chesley and someone else but ideally only one of the above three should leave (Lacombe and Johnson are not NHL ready).

    I think LaCombe is ready and will sign. This second half he’s had has been really impressive. No one gives me more confidence going back for a puck in our own end than #2, not even Faber.


    I don’t think I have ever trusted anyone more then Faber!

    #180274 Quote
    streakygopherstreakygopher
    • Posts: 370
    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    maroon_and_gold wrote:


    Bonin21 wrote:


    Davey J. wrote:

    He and Brodzinski (if he leaves) will be addition by subtraction!


    I agree. Time for fresh blood.

    Subtract Denman/Rossini/Brinkman + plan on losing two of Lacombe/Johnson/Faber (-5 bodies)

    Add Mittelstadt/Thomas/Chesley and someone else but ideally only one of the above three should leave (Lacombe and Johnson are not NHL ready).

    I think LaCombe is ready and will sign. This second half he’s had has been really impressive. No one gives me more confidence going back for a puck in our own end than #2, not even Faber.

    Lacombe reminds me of Suter. He doesn’t panic and usually makes the safe play. Unlike Suter, he likes to join the rush. He has had a terrific second half.

    Nobody ever said Brinkman was in the same class as the others, but I think he’s had a pretty solid season. He has Motzko’s confidence. He was out there with Faber at the end during the penalty kill in yesterday’s game when Minnesota needed to protect their lead.

    Brinkman is physical and plays his position well. Against really fast teams like Michigan he gets a little more exposed, but I have no problem at all with his performance this year.

    I suppose thw gophers could just recruit six johnson/faber/lacombe types but if you look around the league nobody has that.

    #180275 Quote
    Chill KesselChill Kessel
    • Posts: 456
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    Recruiting one particular type of player is exactly what lead many on here to say lucia was a bad coach. They want it both ways.

    #180276 Quote
    streakygopherstreakygopher
    • Posts: 370
    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    Chill Kessel wrote:


    Recruiting one particular type of player is exactly what lead many on here to say lucia was a bad coach. They want it both ways.

    ImMotzko seems to be one of these guys who has figured out how to mix a team of high end talent with players who others perhaps have overlooked. Lucia failed to adjust to the changing college hockey landscape. There’s myriad reasons why Lucia’s time was up.

    I also would speculate that maybe Lucia lost touch with the players and alumni. I have no evidence to support this other than hearing it from a few inside hockey people that I trust.

    #180277 Quote
    g-manpuckg-manpuck
    • Posts: 397
    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    Chill Kessel wrote:


    I recall the ’02 team having some very high-end D men complimented nicely by some steady stay at home kind of guys

    As Nick Angell said in the locker room at the GPL skate the other weekend; “When you have Leopold, Martin, and Ballard on your team you kind of have to stay home”…I’m paraphrasing but that was the gist.

    #180278 Quote
    5 O.T.5 O.T.
    • Posts: 421
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    g-manpuck wrote:


    Chill Kessel wrote:


    I recall the ’02 team having some very high-end D men complimented nicely by some steady stay at home kind of guys

    As Nick Angell said in the locker room at the GPL skate the other weekend; “When you have Leopold, Martin, and Ballard on your team you kind of have to stay home”…I’m paraphrasing but that was the gist.

    And leave the heavy lifting to DeMarchi. :club:

    https://i.imgur.com/SPs4dYr.jpg?1" />

    #180279 Quote
    frozen4champsfrozen4champs
    • Posts: 1815
    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
    #180280 Quote
    frozen4champsfrozen4champs
    • Posts: 1815
    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    Pronman’s updated draft rankings– Top 28 ranked.

    3. Cooley

    22. Snuggerud

    #180281 Quote
    maroon and goldmaroon and gold
    • Posts: 554
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    Most mock drafts I’ve seen have Cooley (duh), Snuggerud and Chesley going first round

    #180282 Quote
    BlueBandit24BlueBandit24
    • Posts: 100
    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    Chesley has slipped in a few but then you have reports like above indicating NHL teams are high on him and his production has spiked lately. I’d imagine he goes 1st. Just educated (by my standards) guesses:

    Cooley (Top 5)

    Snuggerud (1st)

    Chesley (1st)

    Rinzel (2nd)

    Lucius (3rd)

    Mittelstadt (5th)

    Kurth (6th)

    #180283 Quote
    mlhousemlhouse
    • Posts: 30
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    frozen4champs wrote:


    [media]https://twitter.com/THNRyanKennedy/status/1508856851269623814[/media]

    Is Thomas still projected as an incoming freshman for 2022-23?

    #180284 Quote
    BlueBandit24BlueBandit24
    • Posts: 100
    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    mlhouse wrote:


    frozen4champs wrote:


    [media]https://twitter.com/THNRyanKennedy/status/1508856851269623814[/media]

    Is Thomas still projected as an incoming freshman for 2022-23?

    Numbers make it seem likely, unless there are a few unexpected returners on defense.

    #180285 Quote
    frozen4champsfrozen4champs
    • Posts: 1815
    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    BlueBandit24 wrote:


    Chesley has slipped in a few but then you have reports like above indicating NHL teams are high on him and his production has spiked lately. I’d imagine he goes 1st. Just educated (by my standards) guesses:

    Cooley (Top 5)

    Snuggerud (1st)

    Chesley (1st)

    Rinzel (2nd)

    Lucius (3rd)

    Mittelstadt (5th)

    Kurth (6th)

    Your guesses look pretty good. As you have said, Chesley’s stock is all over the board. I have seem him anywhere from 20-45. Keep an eye out for Rinzel moving up. One draft “expert” on a NHL radio draft show had him as high as 17th. The guy said that he has shown so much growth in the past year it is unbelievable.

    #180286 Quote
    maroon and goldmaroon and gold
    • Posts: 554
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    frozen4champs wrote:


    BlueBandit24 wrote:


    Chesley has slipped in a few but then you have reports like above indicating NHL teams are high on him and his production has spiked lately. I’d imagine he goes 1st. Just educated (by my standards) guesses:

    Cooley (Top 5)

    Snuggerud (1st)

    Chesley (1st)

    Rinzel (2nd)

    Lucius (3rd)

    Mittelstadt (5th)

    Kurth (6th)

    Your guesses look pretty good. As you have said, Chesley’s stock is all over the board. I have seem him anywhere from 20-45. Keep an eye out for Rinzel moving up. One draft “expert” on a NHL radio draft show had him as high as 17th. The guy said that he has shown so much growth in the past year it is unbelievable.

    So potentially 4 first rounders. Even Cruz Lucius was seen as a late 1st round type guy at the beginning of this year before injury. Hope we don’t become Mich/BU. I think we all agree a mix of Sorenson and Cooley type players is ideal. 50/50 like an Arnie Palmer. Maybe 70/30 so you don’t gotta rebuild all the time.

    #180287 Quote
    Bonin21Bonin21
    • Posts: 1565
    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    The mix will be fine. You take as many first rounders as are willing to come.

    #180288 Quote
    maroon and goldmaroon and gold
    • Posts: 554
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    Comparing ours and Michigan’s incoming classes:

    (not everyone just key pieces)

    -Cooley

    -Snuggerud

    -Chesley

    -Lucius

    -Kurth

    vs

    -Fantilli

    -Nazar

    -McGroarty

    -Casey

    -Hallum

    Hard to pick a winner there. These two teams will be right back at the top of the conference duking it out next year, and this is why.

    #180289 Quote
    maroon and goldmaroon and gold
    • Posts: 554
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    BlueBandit24 wrote:


    Chesley has slipped in a few but then you have reports like above indicating NHL teams are high on him and his production has spiked lately. I’d imagine he goes 1st. Just educated (by my standards) guesses:

    Cooley (Top 5)

    Snuggerud (1st)

    Chesley (1st)

    Rinzel (2nd)

    Lucius (3rd)

    Mittelstadt (5th)

    Kurth (6th)

    I bet Lucius slips to around 5th based on how little he’s played. Basically apples and oranges though.

    #180290 Quote
    Rau4SkiUMahRau4SkiUMah
    • Posts: 133
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    maroon_and_gold wrote:


    Comparing ours and Michigan’s incoming classes:

    (not everyone just key pieces)

    -Cooley

    -Snuggerud

    -Chesley

    -Lucius

    -Kurth

    vs

    -Fantilli

    -Nazar

    -McGroarty

    -Casey

    -Hallum

    Hard to pick a winner there. These two teams will be right back at the top of the conference duking it out next year, and this is why.

    Totally fine with us and Michigan battling for the trophies at the top of the conference for years to come. The more that rivalry grows the better. Would like to see Wisconsin more in the mix as well but with the current state of affairs over in Madison I’m not holding my breath.

    #180291 Quote
    frozen4champsfrozen4champs
    • Posts: 1815
    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    Chris Peters had this note in his latest column on the draft.

    Quote:

    After that, there’s a host of other defensemen that at least have a chance to go in the first round. Minnesota high school star Sam Rinzel has moved up a lot of boards as a big, raw right-shot with legit skill. Two-way defenseman Ryan Chesley at the U.S. National Team Development Program has been a bit polarizing, but some teams view him as a legit first-rounder even though his numbers haven’t popped this year.


    [media]https://twitter.com/DailyFaceoff/status/1509234776913285120[/media]

    #180292 Quote
    maroon and goldmaroon and gold
    • Posts: 554
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    Is it RIN-zuhl or rin-ZELLE

    #180293 Quote
    Chill KesselChill Kessel
    • Posts: 456
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    I’ve been saying it the first way and it didn’t occur to me until now that it might be different. If anyone has a premium elite prospects account they have that on there.

    #180294 Quote
    Bonin21Bonin21
    • Posts: 1565
    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
    #179950 Quote
    Chill KesselChill Kessel
    • Posts: 456
    #179951 Quote
    FargoGopher7FargoGopher7
    • Posts: 8
    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    Chill Kessel wrote:


    [media]https://twitter.com/USAHockeyNTDP/status/1510031709756084224?s=20&t=gSMPqnvYDYhmPasH2CTk3A[/media]

    :M: :M: :M:

    Sure is nice to see the M on all the 1st line players!!

    #179948 Quote
    maroon and goldmaroon and gold
    • Posts: 554
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    https://twitter.com/usahockeyntdp/status/1510056455373836306?s=21

    Absolutely torches Lamb with that toe drag😬😄

    #179947 Quote
    frozen4champsfrozen4champs
    • Posts: 1815
    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
    #179945 Quote
    Chill KesselChill Kessel
    • Posts: 456
    #179946 Quote
    maroon and goldmaroon and gold
    • Posts: 554
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    Yeah turns out he’s decent

    #179944 Quote
    Chill KesselChill Kessel
    • Posts: 456
    #179942 Quote
    Slap ShotSlap Shot
    • Posts: 1545
    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    Chill Kessel wrote:


    [media]https://twitter.com/USAHockeyNTDP/status/1510031709756084224?s=20&t=gSMPqnvYDYhmPasH2CTk3A[/media]

    :M: :M: :M:

    Not a lot of representation for the greatest hockey conference ever assembled while half the team is from the Big Joke.

    #179941 Quote
    g-manpuckg-manpuck
    • Posts: 397
    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    It’s great to see Will Smith back to it after the whole Oscars fiasco… :mrgreen:

    #179940 Quote
    IceburgIceburg
    • Posts: 253
    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    g-manpuck wrote:


    It’s great to see Will Smith back to it after the whole Oscars fiasco… :mrgreen:

    Hopefully Chris Rock doesn’t play for the other team

    #179939 Quote
    bearpaw28bearpaw28
    • Posts: 543
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    Slap Shot wrote:


    Chill Kessel wrote:


    [media]https://twitter.com/USAHockeyNTDP/status/1510031709756084224?s=20&t=gSMPqnvYDYhmPasH2CTk3A[/media]

    :M: :M: :M:

    Not a lot of representation for the greatest hockey conference ever assembled while half the team is from the Big Joke.

    Except…the teams leading SCORER Isaac Howard 66>57 :wink: :biggrin2:

    #179938 Quote
    BlueBandit24BlueBandit24
    • Posts: 100
    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    bearpaw28 wrote:


    Slap Shot wrote:


    Chill Kessel wrote:


    [media]https://twitter.com/USAHockeyNTDP/status/1510031709756084224?s=20&t=gSMPqnvYDYhmPasH2CTk3A[/media]

    :M: :M: :M:

    Not a lot of representation for the greatest hockey conference ever assembled while half the team is from the Big Joke.

    Except…the teams leading SCORER Isaac Howard 66>57 :wink: :biggrin2:

    1.43 PPG>1.35 PPG.

    #179937 Quote
    MNNavyMNNavy
    • Posts: 257
    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
    Up
    0
    Down
    ::

    bearpaw28 wrote:


    Slap Shot wrote:


    Chill Kessel wrote:


    [media]https://twitter.com/USAHockeyNTDP/status/1510031709756084224?s=20&t=gSMPqnvYDYhmPasH2CTk3A[/media]

    :M: :M: :M:

    Not a lot of representation for the greatest hockey conference ever assembled while half the team is from the Big Joke.

    Except…the teams leading SCORER Isaac Howard 66>57 :wink: :biggrin2:

    In NINE more games than Logan Cooley…

    Isaac Howard: 66pts/49gp = 1.35 ppg

    Logan Cooley: 57pts/40gp = 1.43 ppg

Viewing 75 posts - 901 through 975 (of 1,176 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Portal Forum Hockey Talk Gopher Recruiting Committed Recruits Update Thread