Portal Forum Hockey Talk Gopher Hockey 2022-2023 Schedule

• This topic has 86 replies, 30 voices, and was last updated Aug 9 at 10:53am by Gopherguy05Gopherguy05.
Viewing 12 posts - 76 through 87 (of 87 total)
  • Author
    Sioux SuckSioux Suck
    Up
    Down
    ::
    Cowgirl wrote…

Anyone in the know, know if we are close to the schedule coming out – august is the rumor, so hoping early august rather than late.  My work is getting angry I have my Fridays blocked off til I know the schedule. 😬😂

Have to decide if I attend a conference in St. Louis 9-30 and 10-1.  Can be back for 5pm on Saturday 10-1.  But, do I bank on a traditional 7pm start?  Or do they plan an afternoon Sat-Sun series like last year with the cancelled Alaska series.  Whoever writes the hockey schedule is a master of suspense…

#212826 Quote
    gatorgator
    • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
    Up
    Down

I know part of the sch. hold up is with BIG Basketball sch. and tv times.  Though I think just posting a sch. w/o puck drop times could work for people.

#212827 Quote
    Rau4SkiUMahRau4SkiUMah
    Up
    Down
    Sioux Suck wrote…
    Cowgirl wrote…

Anyone in the know, know if we are close to the schedule coming out – august is the rumor, so hoping early august rather than late.  My work is getting angry I have my Fridays blocked off til I know the schedule. 😬😂

Have to decide if I attend a conference in St. Louis 9-30 and 10-1.  Can be back for 5pm on Saturday 10-1.  But, do I bank on a traditional 7pm start?  Or do they plan an afternoon Sat-Sun series like last year with the cancelled Alaska series.  Whoever writes the hockey schedule is a master of suspense…

Saturday the 1st of October is homecoming against Purdue with an 11am kickoff so I would think that you could probably feel pretty safe about a 7pm puck drop.

#212835 Quote
    Sioux SuckSioux Suck
    Up
    Down
    Rau4SkiUMah wrote…
    Sioux Suck wrote…
    Cowgirl wrote…

Saturday the 1st of October is homecoming against Purdue with an 11am kickoff so I would think that you could probably feel pretty safe about a 7pm puck drop.

Thank you!  That definitely helps

#212836 Quote
    gopher6gopher6
    Up
    Down
    Cowgirl wrote…

after the State fair as usual

#212837 Quote
    frozen4champsfrozen4champs
    Up
    Down
    Cowgirl wrote…

FWIW, last year they announced it on August 31st. My wife is in the same boat as you, wanting to block off her hockey Fridays ASAP.

#212884 Quote
    MikeEruzione11MikeEruzione11
    Up
    Down

Just bought season tickets for the upcoming season. Looking forward to it!

The assumption is we will have one more home non-conference series added, correct?

Right now we current sit at:

2 home against Lindenwood

2 home against UND

1 home against Mankato

1 home against St. Cloud

12 home BIG games

1 or 2 TBD? Hoping to see one more home series against a school like CC or MTU

#212919 Quote
    JWGJWG
    Up
    Down

It’s ridiculous how late the schedule comes out now.  We split our seats with family and are trying to plan so we can live the rest of our non-hocky lives.

#213024 Quote
    BertBert
    Up
    Down
    frozen4champs wrote…
    Cowgirl wrote…

FWIW, last year they announced it on August 31st. My wife is in the same boat as you, wanting to block off her hockey Fridays ASAP.

B1G has to figure out FB, MBB, WBB first.  Then Hockey

#213034 Quote
    maroon and goldmaroon and gold
    Up
    Down
    Bert wrote…
    frozen4champs wrote…
    Cowgirl wrote…

Ok not WBB. I refuse to believe that takes priority over men’s hockey

#213038 Quote
    Steve MNSteve MN
    Up
    Down
      <li class=”bsp-quote-title”>maroon and gold wrote…
    Bert wrote…
    frozen4champs wrote…
    Cowgirl wrote…

Well, you’d probably be wrong.  If you watch the scheduling process, and overall TV coverage, I’m sure WBB gets way more focus from the B1G than hockey.

• This reply was modified 4 days, 12 hours ago by Steve MNSteve MN.
    #213067 Quote
    Gopherguy05Gopherguy05
    Up
    Down
    Steve MN wrote…
      <li style=”list-style-type: none;”>
      <li class=”bsp-quote-title”>

maroon and gold

wrote…
    Bert wrote…
    frozen4champs wrote…
    Cowgirl wrote…

Well, you’d probably be wrong.  If you watch the scheduling process, and overall TV coverage, I’m sure WBB gets way more focus from the B1G than hockey.

They do in theory get better ratings, but the only time that WBB usurps  hockey is the weekend of the Big Ten Tournament.  Otherwise womens games are all weeknights or Sundays, times when hockey doesn’t interfere.

The sports that interfere with hockey are football and volleyball in October-November and MBB in November-march.

Viewing 12 posts - 76 through 87 (of 87 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Portal Forum Hockey Talk Gopher Hockey 2022-2023 Schedule