- GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
Answers to Wednesday, May 11, 2022
1. What quintessentially British product, which is a small sponge cake covered in orange jelly and chocolate, was the subject of a 1991 trial to demonstrate that it is, for tax purposes, a cake and not a biscuit?
(they proved it’s a cake because it gets stale and you can eat it with a fork, even though it’s the size of a cookie)
2. Pop group BTS got their band name from the phrase “Bangtan Sonyeondan,” which translates to “Bulletproof Boy Scouts” in their native language. What language is that?
3. Elihu Root, Philander Knox, and Madeleine Albright all served what role in the U.S. Presidential Cabinet?
Secretary of State
4. Is Times Square north or south of Central Park?
5. In 1992, John Singleton became the youngest person in history, and the first-ever Black director, to be nominated for the “Best Director” Academy Award. What movie got him that nomination?
“Boyz n the Hood”