Portal Forum General General Discussion Home Ownership Reply To: Home Ownership

#154104 Quote
  • GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL

fightclub30 wrote:

Orion wrote:

Most cities require solicitors to get a permit to go door to door. Ask them to show you the permit. If they don’t call the cops. If they do then call city Hall and complain.

I think many have been asked, because lots of them are wearing city “Authorized Solicitor” badges. Not sure on the exact wording, but something to that effect. I will call city hall and complain, it is getting ridiculous. We have always had a few, and we don’t mind the school-age kids with their school fundraisers, but this year has gotten out of hand.

In Plymouth they are required to wear them. We put our no soliciting sign right above the doorbell and have no problems. Prior to the sign it was terrible.

Some of the tree and siding guys will catch us in the driveway but for me they usually go away if I mention the sign. Totally different story when they catch my wife though