- GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
Does anyone own a newer Jeep Wrangler? My wife really wants to get one, but I’m less enthusiastic about the idea. I admit that they look cool and fun, but I just picture an uncomfortably rough ride, clunky steering, costly to maintain, etc… I’ve never driven one, so I could be completely wrong?
Just for context, this would be our secondary vehicle, which we use mostly to run errands around town. We would rarely drive it more than 30 miles from home. It would be replacing our Nissan Rogue.
Any insight would be appreciated.
My brother has a 2017, not sure how much they’ve changed since. It is fun but he’s complained about a few issues that would bug the
1) It’s a loud ride! Not very well insulated, so every road noise is heard.
2) It’s a cold ride in the winter! Same reason.
3) The whole thing sort of rattles.
4) He’s had maintenance issues, his local place takes forever to get parts. He had some sort of recall and waited almost a year to get it fixed.
He’s looking to get rid of it and just go with a sportier SUV.
I’ve heard a lot of former Jeep owners state that Jeep stands for ‘Just Empty Every Pocket’. Lots of them seem to have reliability issues.
I can’t speak to it myself but the number of people who own them that have told me that has kept me from seriously considering any Jeep