- GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
1. Quit While You’re Ahead: Setting aside Aurora’s alternate name Briar Rose, three of the official 14 Disney Princesses have names that derive from plants, in English or another language. Name as many of them as you can for one point each. Zero total if you get any wrong.
Jasmine, Rapunzel, Mulan (“magnolia” in Chinese)
2. In 1899, a congressman named Willard Vandiver delivered a famous speech in which he said, “Frothy eloquence neither convinces nor satisfies me. I’m from Missouri, and you have got to BLANK.” Fill in that blank.
(that’s why Missouri is called the “Show Me State”)
3. Dry ice is the solid form of what gas?
4. Before getting a sci-fi reboot in 1959, what superhero was originally written as a railroad engineer empowered by a magic lamp whose effects were useless against wooden objects?
5. Today is March 18. A politician named F.W. de Klerk was born on this day in 1936. In 1993, he jointly received the Nobel Peace Prize alongside what man?