- GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
1. Worldwide, what is the largest city (by population) that is named after a saint?
2. How about just in the U.S. – what is the most populous city in the United States named after a saint?
3. Pope Francis chose his papal name to honor Saint Francis of Assisi, the patron saint of animals. How many other popes have taken on the papal name Francis?
(That’s why he is called Pope Francis, not Pope Francis I, II, III, etc.)
4. Singer-songwriter Buffy Sainte-Marie is the only Native American person to win an Oscar, which she did for co-writing what song, performed by Joe Cocker and Jennifer Warnes, from the film “An Officer and A Gentleman”?
“Up Where We Belong”
5. Residents of Basseterre might know that what name is a nickname for Christopher, and not just the fancy cars from “Knight Rider”?
(St. Kitts and Nevis, or more formally The Federation of Saint Christopher and Nevis)