- GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
1. What Nepalese mountaineer was, along with Edmund Hillary, one of the first two individuals known to reach the summit of Mount Everest?
2. Wallace Shawn voices the principal, Joey Lawrence voices the bully, and Tevin Campbell voices famous singer Powerline in what 1995 Disney movie?
“A Goofy Movie”
3. Professional baseball’s first commissioner was a federal judge named Kenesaw Mountain Landis. His first action in that role was to permanently ban eight players from the game. All eight came from what team?
The Chicago White Sox
(for their roles in the “Black Sox Scandal,” in which they threw the World Series)
4. Which U.S. state gets its name from the Aleut language word meaning “mainland,” or more literally, “the object towards which the action of the sea is directed”?
5. Known for his “tenderness” as well as his tragic death in Madison, Wisconsin’s Lake Monona in 1967, what singer is regarded as “The King of Soul”?