- GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
Five questions to wake up your noodle. Answers in Monday’s email.
1. Quit While You’re Ahead: Viewed from Earth, Mars is, on average, the fifth-brightest object in the night sky. Name as many of the four brighter objects as you can for one point each. Zero points total if you get any wrong! And note: We’re talking about the night sky.
2. The mountain known as Pikes Peak, or Tavakiev in the indigenous Ute language, is a part of what mountain range?
3. What university, located in Waltham, Massachusetts, is named after the first Jewish Supreme Court justice, which explains why its athletics teams are called “the Judges”?
4. What two-word food additive and thickening agent, starting with an “X,” is secreted by the same bacteria that causes the plant disease known as “black rot”?
5. Today is February 17. Born on this day in 1942, what co-founder of the Black Panthers posthumously lends his name to one of the lead characters in Aaron McGruder’s “The Boondocks”?