- GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
Today’s theme is: The Dubbing Best. Five questions about dubbing, the practice of recording over a performer on film.
1. Marni Nixon dubbed many female singing parts in the 20th century, perhaps most famously Audrey Hepburn in what 1964, voice-focused musical?
2. What actor had all of his dialogue dubbed by an anonymous American in his debut film, “Hercules in New York,” where he was credited with the last name “Strong”?
3. During the ‘60s and ‘70s, voice actor Nikki van der Zyl provided the speaking voices for such characters as Vesper Lynd, Kissy Suzuki, and Honey Ryder in what film series?
4. Bill Lee dubbed Captain von Trapp’s singing voice in the 1965 film version of “The Sound of Music.” Captain von Trapp was portrayed by what recently-deceased actor?
5. What genre of music, which first emerged in South London in the late ‘90s, is generally characterized by sparse, syncopated rhythmic patterns with bass lines that contain prominent sub-bass frequencies?