- GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
Five questions to wake up your noodle. Answers in tomorrow’s email.
1. After its introduction in 1982, Diet Coke quickly replaced what soft drink as the Coca-Cola Company’s most popular diet cola?
2. In 1958, a British artist named Gerald Holtom combined the semaphore signals for “N” and “D”—for “Nuclear Disarmament”—and combined them to create… what?
3. Which state gets its name from the plural of the Algonquin word for “at the great hill”?
4. The Museum of Comparative Zoology at Harvard contains a cabinet of butterfly genitalia collected by what Russian, who, in addition to being one of the most celebrated writers of the 20th century, was also an accomplished lepidopterist, or butterfly collector?
5. Donald Duck’s voice is very specific, but in a 2018 episode of the “DuckTales” revival series, his familiar vocal affect is missing. What actor, known for his atrocious English accent in “Ocean’s Eleven,” voices Donald Duck in this episode?