- GoldenHas donated $ to the upkeep of GPL
1. Who is the only Deaf person to win any acting Oscar, for 1986’s “Children of a Lesser God”?
(love the Oscars? Join us in March for Oscars trivia)
2. The term “Chinese cabbage” can refer to two leafy vegetables often used in Chinese cuisine. Name one of them.
NAPA CABBAGE, BOK CHOY
3. Alaska’s flag shows the Big Dipper plus the North Star, which means it has how many total stars?
4. The first Nobel Peace Prize was given in 1901 to Henry Dunant for helping to found the International Committee of the Red Cross. Under what symbol, officially adopted in 1929, do Islamic members of this committee work?
5. Shipping magnate Cornelius Vanderbilt provided the initial $1 million endowment to create Vanderbilt University, despite never having set foot in what state capital where it is located?