#1 Gophers @ #12 BADgers (Jan 9 - 10)

Talk about the current Gopher Hockey team....
Jupiter
Bringer of Jollity
Bringer of Jollity
Has liked: 138 times
Been liked: 516 times

#1 Gophers @ #12 BADgers (Jan 9 - 10)

Post by Jupiter » Tue Jan 05 12:50 pm

Steve MN
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 430 times
Been liked: 161 times

Re: #1 Gophers @ #12 BADgers (Jan 9 - 10)

Post by Steve MN » Tue Jan 05 1:03 pm

I suppose it's time to pull up some of the standards and get in the right mood:

"My battery is low and it's getting dark"

"Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but, the Bible says 'love your enemy'" - Frank Sinatra

"Remember, there is no I in team"
"No, but there are six in 'Asinine Platitude Quoting Idiot'"

gopherguy06
Veteran
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 37 times

Post by gopherguy06 » Tue Jan 05 3:54 pm

Happy to say I was at all three of those games. The Kessel goal in Madison was awesome, but that Schmidt goal was my favorite!

thinkbui
Veteran
Been liked: 46 times

Post by thinkbui » Tue Jan 05 4:18 pm

gopherguy06 wrote:
Tue Jan 05 3:54 pm
Happy to say I was at all three of those games. The Kessel goal in Madison was awesome, but that Schmidt goal was my favorite!
The video doesn't do justice to how loud it got after Schmidt's goal. I wasn't there for Irmen's goal, but I've been told that it blew the roof off too.

"Are you the LEGO guy?"
--Gopher Hockey Cheer Chicks, 27 April 2006

If Wisconsin-Madison is the state's most prestigious university and the state itself is known as The Dairy State, does that mean UW is Bovine University?

davescharf
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 105 times
Been liked: 191 times

Post by davescharf » Tue Jan 05 4:24 pm

thinkbui wrote:
Tue Jan 05 4:18 pm
gopherguy06 wrote:
The video doesn't do justice to how loud it got after Schmidt's goal. I wasn't there for Irmen's goal, but I've been told that it blew the roof off too.
I’m not sure if I had ever seen a penalty shot in person until that game. It was nearly as loud as the 2002 win against Maine
Member of the "Never used the 'ahh' smiley" in a post since September 2010.
GPL's official hater of Surly Eight since September 2014

Untappd user ID: Davescharf

Slap Shot
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 448 times
Been liked: 404 times

Post by Slap Shot » Tue Jan 05 4:41 pm

The loudest game I saw at Mecca was a regular season game vs. Denver when the Pios were storming through the WCHA not long after their back to back NCs. Not for a single moment but for overall fan noise from start to finish.
Currently under construction.

Rau4SkiUMah
Rookie
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 35 times

Post by Rau4SkiUMah » Tue Jan 05 7:28 pm

I unfortunately wasn't there for the Schmidt goal but one of my favorite games in person was when the defending national champs the Nodak Fighting Hawks came to town for the first time post WCHA in Nov of 2016. I grew up a very casual gopher fan and my freshman year was the first season of the B1G so my WCHA experience is limited. The energy in the building was so much fun and lasted the entire game. I hope both the gophers and the BADgers can get back to the top so we can have a solid, top ten rivalry in conference again

gopherguy13
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 54 times

Post by gopherguy13 » Tue Jan 05 9:22 pm

thinkbui wrote:
gopherguy06 wrote:
I'll never forget being in the student section when that Schmidt goal hit the net. What a moment!
Ease your mind, have a banana or two.

GopherPete
Veteran
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 10 times

Post by GopherPete » Wed Jan 06 7:18 am

thinkbui wrote:
gopherguy06 wrote:
Agreed on the Schmidt goal. Earlier that same season Rau scored a late goal to take the lead in the Saturday game against ND and the place went nuts.

gopherguy06
Veteran
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 37 times

Post by gopherguy06 » Wed Jan 06 8:56 am

The Schmidt goal was the loudest I had seen in Mariucci in a long time. The Irmen Penalty Shot was awesome to see too. I almost swapped games that weekend with someone, but was so glad I went to that one.

Lee Hazlewood
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 4 times

Post by Lee Hazlewood » Wed Jan 06 9:34 am

Steve MN wrote:
Tue Jan 05 1:03 pm

You made my day.
Hey Garland, I dig your tweed coat.

Jaykay3
Veteran
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 17 times

Post by Jaykay3 » Wed Jan 06 9:45 am

Hate to say it, but I think this might be where it ends. Expecting a split.

gopherguy13
Golden
Golden

Post by gopherguy13 » Wed Jan 06 10:43 am

Any word on TV, FSN or BTN?

frozen4champs
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 331 times
Been liked: 449 times

Post by frozen4champs » Wed Jan 06 10:48 am

gopherguy13 wrote:
Wed Jan 06 10:43 am
Any word on TV, FSN or BTN?
A writer from Madison said FSN Wisconsin, so I would assume FSN North as well. No "official" word yet

Steve MN
Golden
Golden

Post by Steve MN » Wed Jan 06 12:03 pm

Lee Hazlewood wrote:
Wed Jan 06 9:34 am
Steve MN wrote:
Tue Jan 05 1:03 pm

SNIP - YouTube vids
You made my day.
Glad to help :M: :M2:

"Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but, the Bible says 'love your enemy'" - Frank Sinatra

Butters Stotch
Rookie
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 16 times

Post by Butters Stotch » Wed Jan 06 2:18 pm

gopherguy06 wrote:
Wed Jan 06 8:56 am
The Schmidt goal was the loudest I had seen in Mariucci in a long time. The Irmen Penalty Shot was awesome to see too. I almost swapped games that weekend with someone, but was so glad I went to that one.
Was at both games and thought the Irmen penalty shot was the loudest I've heard Mariucci.

Snowcool08
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 27 times
Been liked: 107 times

Post by Snowcool08 » Thu Jan 07 8:01 am

I checked my Xfinity guide this morning. Both games are showing up at 4pm on FSN.

D2D
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 455 times
Been liked: 165 times

Post by D2D » Thu Jan 07 8:50 am

Snowcool08 wrote:
Thu Jan 07 8:01 am
I checked my Xfinity guide this morning. Both games are showing up at 4pm on FSN.
Yeah! I checked mine late yesterday and still nothing, so this is great news!
D2D - Longtime GMH season ticket holder

MedinaGopher

Post by MedinaGopher » Thu Jan 07 11:22 am

As a YouTube TV subscriber, I noticed Vegoe’s tweet that the games would be viewable on BTN+ with a subscription. I also noticed comments that some see the games listed on the FCS channel(s), which are available as a premium package from YouTube TV.

From others’ experience, would you recommend going the YouTube TV route with FCS, or go to BTN+? Since it looks like ten remaining games are on Fox, I need to figure out something that is not going back to cable.

Thanks in advance.....

gopherguy13
Golden
Golden

Post by gopherguy13 » Thu Jan 07 11:36 am

MedinaGopher wrote:
Thu Jan 07 11:22 am
As a YouTube TV subscriber, I noticed Vegoe’s tweet that the games would be viewable on BTN+ with a subscription. I also noticed comments that some see the games listed on the FCS channel(s), which are available as a premium package from YouTube TV.

From others’ experience, would you recommend going the YouTube TV route with FCS, or go to BTN+? Since it looks like ten remaining games are on Fox, I need to figure out something that is not going back to cable.

Thanks in advance.....
Last week both games were on that FCS channel, which I was able to watch on YouTube TV. Hoping that's the case with all the Fox games moving forward. I just checked on YTTV and see the Saturday game on FCS Pacific, and the Sunday game on FCS Midwest.

junti
Rookie
Been liked: 9 times

Post by junti » Thu Jan 07 12:15 pm

MedinaGopher wrote:

Thanks in advance.....
I haven't tried youtube tv yet. I did download the BTN+ app on my phone last weekend and watched the games there. Good quality and in my opinion worth the $9.99 a month to watch this team.

OkComputer
Rookie
Has liked: 3 times

Post by OkComputer » Thu Jan 07 12:41 pm

junti wrote:
Thu Jan 07 12:15 pm
MedinaGopher wrote:

Thanks in advance.....
I haven't tried youtube tv yet. I did download the BTN+ app on my phone last weekend and watched the games there. Good quality and in my opinion worth the $9.99 a month to watch this team.
Price is comparable so I’d look at:
-does either have content you’d also watch?
-how will you stream it (YouTubetv has an app on smart TVs, Roku, Apple TV etc., btn+ you might have “cast” if you want to watch on a tv instead of a phone/tablet)

Bill the Dog

Post by Bill the Dog » Thu Jan 07 1:32 pm

It's ironic for me. I can watch my sons Wisconsin High School JV games and my Daughters Wisconsin High School hockey games easily by streaming. Some even have play by play announcers. All for free. I can't get FSN here in Wisconsin unless I have a Satellite. I am willing to pay for FSN, but no one will sell it to me. It's more ironic that I am about 3 hours drive from Minneapolis and can't get FSN, but my family in NW Minn (about a 6 hour drive to Minneapolis) get it no problem. I have tried Hulu and used a Minnesota based VPN. Worked for a few days then No Joy. I have used relatives TV login information via Fox Sports App and Fox Sports Go. No Joy. I just want to watch my Gopher Hockey like I've been doing for over 30 years.
Thanks for letting me vent.

Bill the Dog

Gopher Fan 26
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 3 times

Post by Gopher Fan 26 » Thu Jan 07 1:50 pm

OkComputer wrote:
Thu Jan 07 12:41 pm
junti wrote:
MedinaGopher wrote:

Thanks in advance.....
-how will you stream it (YouTubetv has an app on smart TVs, Roku, Apple TV etc., btn+ you might have “cast” if you want to watch on a tv instead of a phone/tablet)
Am I missing something? Isn’t YouTuve TV $70/month?

JDUBBS1280
Veteran
Has liked: 222 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by JDUBBS1280 » Thu Jan 07 3:11 pm

MedinaGopher wrote:

Thanks in advance.....
I’ve lived in Milwaukee for the past 20 years and can tell you from experience that many, but not all, games carried by FSN are shown on FCS. I would guess roughly 3/4. Depends on whether there are other college hockey games they broadcast instead. I use Youtube TV as well and purchased BTN+ for this month, but will probably upgrade to the Youtube TV sports tier next month instead as it will save me a little $$.
Lifelong Gopher and MNHS Hockey Fan. Very Provincial. Epic Homer. No Apologies.

JDUBBS1280
Veteran
Has liked: 222 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by JDUBBS1280 » Thu Jan 07 3:11 pm

Gopher Fan 26 wrote:
Thu Jan 07 1:50 pm
OkComputer wrote:
junti wrote:
MedinaGopher wrote:

Thanks in advance.....
It’s $64.99 for the base package.
Lifelong Gopher and MNHS Hockey Fan. Very Provincial. Epic Homer. No Apologies.

Rau4SkiUMah
Rookie

Post by Rau4SkiUMah » Thu Jan 07 3:18 pm

Setting the TV conversation aside for a brief moment. What are people's predictions for how this weekend plays out? Both teams obviously getting some serious talent back from the WJC. Wisconsin looks decent from the very little I've seen of them. Unfortunately I think this weekend might be where the streak comes to an end and we see a split. It would suck if the BADgers were the ones to break our win streak but it's bound to end sooner or later.

frozen4champs
Golden
Golden

Post by frozen4champs » Thu Jan 07 4:43 pm

From GPL insider Vegoe

gopherfun83
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 102 times
Been liked: 29 times

Post by gopherfun83 » Thu Jan 07 5:46 pm

Rau4SkiUMah wrote:
Thu Jan 07 3:18 pm
Setting the TV conversation aside for a brief moment. What are people's predictions for how this weekend plays out? Both teams obviously getting some serious talent back from the WJC. Wisconsin looks decent from the very little I've seen of them. Unfortunately I think this weekend might be where the streak comes to an end and we see a split. It would suck if the BADgers were the ones to break our win streak but it's bound to end sooner or later.
Last year I would say sweep at home, split on the road. This year it's sweep at home and sweep on the road :mrgreen:

Bertogliat
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 204 times
Been liked: 428 times

Post by Bertogliat » Thu Jan 07 7:16 pm

Bill the Dog wrote:
Thu Jan 07 1:32 pm
It's ironic for me. I can watch my sons Wisconsin High School JV games and my Daughters Wisconsin High School hockey games easily by streaming. Some even have play by play announcers. All for free. I can't get FSN here in Wisconsin unless I have a Satellite. I am willing to pay for FSN, but no one will sell it to me. It's more ironic that I am about 3 hours drive from Minneapolis and can't get FSN, but my family in NW Minn (about a 6 hour drive to Minneapolis) get it no problem. I have tried Hulu and used a Minnesota based VPN. Worked for a few days then No Joy. I have used relatives TV login information via Fox Sports App and Fox Sports Go. No Joy. I just want to watch my Gopher Hockey like I've been doing for over 30 years.
Thanks for letting me vent.

Bill the Dog
I highly recommend moving.

Jupiter
Bringer of Jollity
Bringer of Jollity

Post by Jupiter » Thu Jan 07 7:21 pm

Media Availability - 1/7/21: Motzko, Brinkman and Brodzinski

OkComputer
Rookie
Has liked: 3 times

Post by OkComputer » Thu Jan 07 8:15 pm

Gopher Fan 26 wrote:
OkComputer wrote:
junti wrote:
MedinaGopher wrote:

Thanks in advance.....
That comparable price comment was for the first comment quoted or anyone else with a streaming service (no contracts so easy to switch). The sports pack which has FCS is $11/month and comes with a few other channels.

D2D
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 455 times
Been liked: 165 times

Post by D2D » Thu Jan 07 8:33 pm

Jupiter wrote:
Thu Jan 07 7:21 pm
Media Availability - 1/7/21: Motzko, Brinkman and Brodzinski
Fun interviews, thanks for posting Jup!
D2D - Longtime GMH season ticket holder

Rau4SkiUMah
Rookie

Post by Rau4SkiUMah » Fri Jan 08 10:31 am

gopherfun83 wrote:
Thu Jan 07 5:46 pm
Rau4SkiUMah wrote:
Thu Jan 07 3:18 pm
Last year I would say sweep at home, split on the road. This year it's sweep at home and sweep on the road :mrgreen:
After the podcast last night where all three of them (well, kind of Todd) predicted a gopher sweep I might agree with you. But I guess we'll see. Todd did make a good point that we haven't really seen a complete version of this Wisconsin team so it'll be interesting to see how this weekend plays out

gopher6
Veteran
Has liked: 68 times
Been liked: 32 times

Post by gopher6 » Fri Jan 08 10:38 am

Badddgers are 2-4 at this season make that 2-6 after this weekend 🧹

MNGophers29
Golden
Golden
Location: Fargo via Grand Rapids, Bemidji, Madison WI, East Grand Forks.
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 150 times

Post by MNGophers29 » Fri Jan 08 1:10 pm

Boy, the swagger in Gopher hockey is back....I will admit, I was cautiously optimistic given the B1G history of sucking, but the feel of this team is something we haven't seen in a LONG time. There are no superstars right now either which probably helps in the locker room as well.
"Hard work will beat talent, if talent doesn't work hard"
Doug Woog - 1990

This quote was written on the chalkboard in a lockeroom in the old Ralph Engelstad arena my Squirt team used the day after the Gophers used it and came into the game ranked #1 in the nation and lost 6-1 to a second rate Whioux team.

Overhead on SiouxSports.com - Why does every thread always turn into a "Gopher" thread? Is there a secret infatuation with them?

frozen4champs
Golden
Golden

Post by frozen4champs » Fri Jan 08 1:28 pm

Another great Podcast last night. Todd Milewski is the best guest from the opponents point of view. I always enjoy his perspective, and if I ever ask him a question on twitter, he always responds. Class act. OT was fabulous, and seemed like you guys could talk for hours. I encourage anyone who can, to tune in to the podcast live, and OT is well worth it.

Iceburg
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Iceburg » Fri Jan 08 1:42 pm

Retired Thread Police

Rau4SkiUMah
Rookie

Post by Rau4SkiUMah » Fri Jan 08 1:49 pm

Love getting to this point in the week, even during these uncertain times. The anticipation of the rivalry series being just a day away. I obviously love that we're doing well and glad (for rivalry sake) that Wisconsin is looking better. I thought Todd Milewski's story last night of the badger player saying "well they haven't played us" is great! That's what this rivalry needs and that's what this conference needs. Minnesota vs Wisconsin, it doesn't get much bigger than this. Let's go! Bring it on!

JC65
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 59 times

Post by JC65 » Fri Jan 08 1:51 pm

I saw the great minds at USCHO predict the series and one of them thinks Wisconsin will win the first game despite having not played since what... November?

I expect a lot of rust for Wisconsin tomorrow. If they win it'll be Sunday.

Jupiter
Bringer of Jollity
Bringer of Jollity

Post by Jupiter » Fri Jan 08 2:11 pm

frozen4champs wrote:
Fri Jan 08 1:28 pm
Another great Podcast last night. Todd Milewski is the best guest from the opponents point of view. I always enjoy his perspective, and if I ever ask him a question on twitter, he always responds. Class act. OT was fabulous, and seemed like you guys could talk for hours. I encourage anyone who can, to tune in to the podcast live, and OT is well worth it.
I think that "overtime" was about 40 minutes last night... That is still available on the live feed from last night on our YouTube channel. (For a limited time)

Steve MN
Golden
Golden

Post by Steve MN » Fri Jan 08 4:26 pm

Jupiter wrote:
Fri Jan 08 2:11 pm
frozen4champs wrote:
I think that "overtime" was about 40 minutes last night... That is still available on the live feed from last night on our YouTube channel. (For a limited time)
Very limited it appears? Just over an hour I'm seeing currently.

EDIT: Nevermind, I see last night's up there too still. Plus the 1:03 somewhat shorter version.

thinkbui
Veteran

Post by thinkbui » Fri Jan 08 5:45 pm

gopher6 wrote:
Fri Jan 08 10:38 am
I think you misread the box score of their last game. Wisco is 5-3 (5-5 overall) and in second place in the standings right now. It was OSU who fell to 2-4 that game.

Huge advantage for us tomorrow though since they will have been off for 1 day longer than we were going into the series against ASU and they get to face the only undefeated team in the country who has played 10+ games. Holloway and C. Caufield will be fresh (assuming they pass COVID checks and join the lineup), but that's about it, especially considering Holloway only played 2 games this season before leaving to join Team Canada.

"Are you the LEGO guy?"

If Wisconsin-Madison is the state's most prestigious university and the state itself is known as The Dairy State, does that mean UW is Bovine University?

gopher6
Veteran
Has liked: 68 times
Been liked: 32 times

Post by gopher6 » Fri Jan 08 6:22 pm

thinkbui wrote:
Fri Jan 08 5:45 pm
gopher6 wrote:
Fri Jan 08 10:38 am
I think you misread the box score of their last game. Wisco is 5-3 (5-5 overall) and in second place in the standings right now. It was OSU who fell to 2-4 that game.

Huge advantage for us tomorrow though since they will have been off for 1 day longer than we were going into the series against ASU and they get to face the only undefeated team in the country who has played 10+ games. Holloway and C. Caufield will be fresh (assuming they pass COVID checks and join the lineup), but that's about it, especially considering Holloway only played 2 games this season before leaving to join Team Canada.
I did not miss read anything got my info from USCHO
Men's Hockey, BADgers

NCAA Division I Overall Record: 5-5-0 (.500)
Conference Record, Big Ten: 5-3-0-0, 10 points
Home: 2-4-0 / Away: 3-1-0 / Neutral: 0-0-0
Current USCHO Poll: No. 12

Steve MN
Golden
Golden

Post by Steve MN » Fri Jan 08 6:25 pm

Not so much that you mis-read... you mis-copied or mis-typed and missed the "home" part of your original statement"

And... they're 5 wins, 2 Reg losses, 1 OT loss for 16 pts. Looks like relying on USCHO is a bad idea these days.

Edit - Checking USCHO, they do have the standings correct... 5 - 3 - 0 - 0 - 0 - 1 (the way they're reported is funny, but matches how the B1G site displays it) and 16 pts, so that is correct. That 1 at the end is important... because it's an Overtime/Shootout loss, so they get a point from it.

Jupiter
Bringer of Jollity
Bringer of Jollity

Post by Jupiter » Fri Jan 08 6:42 pm

I keep it simple on GPL...

Since overtime wins and shootout wins are worth exactly the same... and the flip side, OTL and SOL worth the same... I combined those fields when it came to displaying the league standings. So I use 4 fields instead of 6.

https://gopherpucklive.com/standings/

Steve MN
Golden
Golden

Post by Steve MN » Fri Jan 08 6:58 pm

Jupiter wrote:
Fri Jan 08 6:42 pm
I keep it simple on GPL...

Since overtime wins and shootout wins are worth exactly the same... and the flip side, OTL and SOL worth the same... I combined those fields when it came to displaying the league standings. So I use 4 fields instead of 6.

https://gopherpucklive.com/standings/
I actually just posted about how this Sticks in my Craw, using your sane version as the counterpoint. :dup:

thinkbui
Veteran

Post by thinkbui » Fri Jan 08 7:41 pm

Whatever the format, I only wish there was uniformity with how records with 3x3 OT and SO are shown. When BTHC started, it was confusing as eff when one site showed W-L-OT (SOW), another site showed W-L-SOL-SOW, another showed W-SOW-SOL-L, etc. I pretty much settled on only reading College Hockey Stats as a result.

"Are you the LEGO guy?"

Cowgirl
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 420 times
Been liked: 573 times

Post by Cowgirl » Fri Jan 08 8:09 pm

No, they haven’t played US yet!!

:BDTR:

Bring on the border battle! :M: :M2: :M: :M2: :M: :M2:

meggiesota
Golden
Golden
Been liked: 1 time

Post by meggiesota » Fri Jan 08 8:53 pm

Does anyone know if there's any video footage of the Gopher vs Badger game during the 2007 Final Five? Wheeler scored two goals getting the empty netter, winning 4-2 to get to the Championship. If there is any footage of this game, I thought that it would be a fun one to watch before this series. Go Gophs!

Steve MN
Golden
Golden

Post by Steve MN » Fri Jan 08 9:24 pm

meggiesota wrote:
Fri Jan 08 8:53 pm
Does anyone know if there's any video footage of the Gopher vs Badger game during the 2007 Final Five? Wheeler scored two goals getting the empty netter, winning 4-2 to get to the Championship. If there is any footage of this game, I thought that it would be a fun one to watch before this series. Go Gophs!
Not that I know of, but the full game with Nate Schmidt's goal is on YouTube:

The Rube
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 275 times
Been liked: 321 times

Post by The Rube » Fri Jan 08 10:13 pm

frozen4champs wrote:
Todd does post game video wrap ups soon after WI games on FB (I think on Twitter also). If you follow him/like his page, you have access. He answers questions when possible, etc. I really like hearing his takes on the games.
MNGophers29 wrote:When the wife asks, I will just tell her "Rube said it was ok"!! LOL!

When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the country you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

Lee Hazlewood
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 4 times

Post by Lee Hazlewood » Sat Jan 09 9:39 am

I bit the bullet last night ( a rather small one, but just the same ) and got the BTN+ app on Hulu or Roku or some such thing. I'm pretty excited to have access to FSN for the second half of this season! Go Gophers! :chainsaw: :D
Hey Garland, I dig your tweed coat.

Bigbeer
Veteran
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 102 times

Post by Bigbeer » Sat Jan 09 9:42 am

OkComputer wrote:
Thu Jan 07 8:15 pm
Gopher Fan 26 wrote:
OkComputer wrote:
junti wrote:
MedinaGopher wrote:

Thanks in advance.....
That comparable price comment was for the first comment quoted or anyone else with a streaming service (no contracts so easy to switch). The sports pack which has FCS is $11/month and comes with a few other channels.
Plus the first week is free so the first month is really like $7. Jumped in today and we’ll se how it goes.
"My God, what is this salty discharge? Is this crying? This is terrible -- I care!"

"If only life was as simple as GPL" - Golden FE Ranger

The Rube
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 275 times
Been liked: 321 times

Post by The Rube » Sat Jan 09 10:37 am

Chat will be going, as usual.
MNGophers29 wrote:When the wife asks, I will just tell her "Rube said it was ok"!! LOL!

When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the country you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

Goldy77
Veteran
Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 14 times

Post by Goldy77 » Sat Jan 09 12:53 pm

Rau4SkiUMah wrote:
Fri Jan 08 1:49 pm
Love getting to this point in the week, even during these uncertain times. The anticipation of the rivalry series being just a day away. I obviously love that we're doing well and glad (for rivalry sake) that Wisconsin is looking better. I thought Todd Milewski's story last night of the badger player saying "well they haven't played us" is great! That's what this rivalry needs and that's what this conference needs. Minnesota vs Wisconsin, it doesn't get much bigger than this. Let's go! Bring it on!
That’s cute, must’ve taken that from Zegras saying.

frozen4champs
Golden
Golden

Post by frozen4champs » Sat Jan 09 2:01 pm

gopheritall
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 47 times

Post by gopheritall » Sat Jan 09 3:54 pm

Game time! Let's go Gophers!

thinkbui
Veteran

Post by thinkbui » Sat Jan 09 4:03 pm

Somewhere I have a picture of the clearance bins in the X's Hockey Lodge during the WCHA Final Five from a decade or so ago. It was full of Wisco pucks.

"Are you the LEGO guy?"

MNGophers29
Golden
Golden

Post by MNGophers29 » Sat Jan 09 4:15 pm

Boy this camera angle sucks.
Doug Woog - 1990

This quote was written on the chalkboard in a lockeroom in the old Ralph Engelstad arena my Squirt team used the day after the Gophers used it and came into the game ranked #1 in the nation and lost 6-1 to a second rate Whioux team.

Overhead on SiouxSports.com - Why does every thread always turn into a "Gopher" thread? Is there a secret infatuation with them?

north45
Rookie
Been liked: 5 times

Post by north45 » Sat Jan 09 4:21 pm

MNGophers29 wrote:
Sat Jan 09 4:15 pm
Only one camera that looks like its up in the concession stand.
" It's difficult to win an argument with an intelligent person. It's impossible to win an argument with a stupid person! " -Bill Murray

Butters Stotch
Rookie
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 16 times

Post by Butters Stotch » Sat Jan 09 4:21 pm

Mmmmm.......Piper Shaw. Yummy.

MNNavy
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 52 times

Post by MNNavy » Sat Jan 09 4:22 pm

north45 wrote:
Sat Jan 09 4:21 pm
MNGophers29 wrote:
Only one camera that looks like its up in the concession stand Goodyear blimp.
FYP
"It takes considerable knowledge just to realize the extent of your own ignorance." - Thomas Sowell
"Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip." - Sir Winston Churchill

MNGophers29
Golden
Golden

Post by MNGophers29 » Sat Jan 09 4:29 pm

MNNavy wrote:
Sat Jan 09 4:22 pm
north45 wrote:
MNGophers29 wrote:
FYP
Yes! Watching the play in the far corners are fine but anything on the near boards and I get dizzy.
Doug Woog - 1990

thinkbui
Veteran

Post by thinkbui » Sat Jan 09 4:33 pm

End of 1, tied at 0.

"Are you the LEGO guy?"

Goldy77
Veteran
Has liked: 38 times

Post by Goldy77 » Sat Jan 09 4:34 pm

Rough period for the stripes.

north45
Rookie
Been liked: 5 times

Post by north45 » Sat Jan 09 4:39 pm

MNGophers29 wrote:
Sat Jan 09 4:29 pm
MNNavy wrote:
north45 wrote:
MNGophers29 wrote:
FYP
Yes! Watching the play in the far corners are fine but anything on the near boards and I get dizzy.
They are playing in the woman's arena which i assume is why the camera coverage is so bad. Why aren't they playing at the Kohl Center?
" It's difficult to win an argument with an intelligent person. It's impossible to win an argument with a stupid person! " -Bill Murray

thinkbui
Veteran

Post by thinkbui » Sat Jan 09 4:43 pm

north45 wrote:
Sat Jan 09 4:39 pm
MNGophers29 wrote:
Sat Jan 09 4:29 pm
MNNavy wrote:
north45 wrote:
MNGophers29 wrote:
FYP
They are playing in the woman's arena which i assume is why the camera coverage is so bad. Why aren't they playing at the Kohl Center?
Probably so they don't have to pay crews to change the floors and shuffle other equipment around.

"Are you the LEGO guy?"

thinkbui
Veteran

Post by thinkbui » Sat Jan 09 4:57 pm

Weissbach 1-0.

"Are you the LEGO guy?"

Composer
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 88 times

Post by Composer » Sat Jan 09 5:01 pm

So much for Wisconsin being rusty...

thinkbui
Veteran

Post by thinkbui » Sat Jan 09 5:19 pm

End of 2, Gophs trail 0-1.

"Are you the LEGO guy?"

Slap Shot
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 448 times
Been liked: 404 times

Post by Slap Shot » Sat Jan 09 5:24 pm

I missed the 1st period, but the Gophers didn't look great in the 2nf period. They had spurts and chances but lost a lot of pucks off the end of their sticks and couldn't put it all together to keep sustained possession in Wisconsin's end.
Currently under construction.

Beauner
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 111 times
Been liked: 256 times

Post by Beauner » Sat Jan 09 5:24 pm

Time to wake up in the intermission boys.
Formerly "Speedmerchant16"

Cowgirl
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 420 times
Been liked: 573 times

Post by Cowgirl » Sat Jan 09 5:25 pm

FIRE UP GOPHERS!! Let’s do that hockey in the third period!

:M: :M2: :M: :M2: :M: :M2: :M: :M2: :M: :M2: :M: :M2: :M: :M2: :M: