122 Users
1539 Likes
56.2 K Views
Boosker
(@boosker14)
Lucia Level
Rep Pts: 188

Posted by: @any-road

Glad to see RJ sign a deal with the Sabres. Other than the Wild, the Sabres are my 2nd NHL team that I cheer for. Simply bc Thomas Vanek (my favorite gopher of all time) played there.

Buffalo has really liked Gophers in the last decade+ lol.

Vanek, Okposo, Casey, Fasching, RJ, etc. 

upnorthkid
(@upnorthkid)
Broten Level
Rep Pts: 2197

For season ticket holders, the ticket office just sent out an email about the credit up offer. wondering people’s thoughts? Seems like a nice move from the office

MikeEruzione11
(@mikeeruzione11)
Brooks Level Golden
Rep Pts: 4331

Looks like a win-win to me. More butts in seats/less no shows, and a “reward” for season ticket holders that can’t make every game. 

upnorthkid reacted
frozen4champs
(@frozen4champs)
Mayasich Level Golden
Rep Pts: 12432
Post on old board: 9626
Topic starter  

Posted by: @upnorthkid

For season ticket holders, the ticket office just sent out an email about the credit up offer. wondering people’s thoughts? Seems like a nice move from the office

I think it shows that the demand for tickets is increasing because of the success of the program. I hope I will never have to use it, as getting rid of any games that I can't attend lately has not been an issue. The U does seem to be moving in the right direction in regards to being better towards season ticket holders. Now, if they would just set aside all of the promotional giveaways for us as a benefit.  

I'm 50% factual and 50% sarcastic. When you get to know me, you will know which is which.

KinPer
(@kinper)
Rep Pts: 3

Posted by: @mikeeruzione11

Looks like a win-win to me. More butts in seats/less no shows, and a “reward” for season ticket holders that can’t make every game. 

Of course, full stands are always a good thing. Does the ticket office give some kind of reward for that? Or what is the point of the offer? I haven't received such a letter, but I'm curious. Maybe it's possible to apply this marketing move in another area.
If you don't mind.
Hi all.

Gopher Fan 26
(@gopher-fan-26)
Lucia Level Golden
Rep Pts: 84

Idontknow
(@idontknow)
Bonin Level Golden
Rep Pts: 1135

Posted by: @gopher-fan-26

More info on the program here https://twitter.com/gopherhockey/status/1663671482239549440?s=42&t=_FXhp6Mi9lofBnwrVs-s0g

Smart.  Should reduce empty seats.

HandyNotDan
(@handyman)
Brooks Level Golden
Rep Pts: 4534
Post on old board: 28736

That is a great idea!

MikeEruzione11
(@mikeeruzione11)
Brooks Level Golden

https://www.usahockey.com/news_article/show/1275065

stupid summer hypothetical… Over/under 70 points for Cooley next season?

Idontknow
(@idontknow)
Bonin Level Golden
Rep Pts: 1135

Who was the last Gopher to go over 70?

frozen4champs
(@frozen4champs)
Mayasich Level Golden
Topic starter  

@mikeeruzione11  I will take the under. I will be completely satisfied if he makes 60 points again. I just see the B1G teams being better this upcoming year, and the heater Cooley was on at the end of the season ( almost a 2 point per game average) will be tough to duplicate. He had around 18 points alone vs Sparty and the BADgers last year. I see them a bit better defensively this year.

I'm 50% factual and 50% sarcastic. When you get to know me, you will know which is which.

Chill Kessel
(@chill-kessel)
Leopold Level
Rep Pts: 1998

Johnny Pohl in 01-02

frozen4champs
(@frozen4champs)
Mayasich Level Golden
Topic starter  

@idontknow 

This guy in 2001-02

https://gophersports.com/sports/2018/5/21/sports-m-hockey-spec-rel-yearly-scoring-leaders-html

Iceburg reacted
MikeEruzione11
(@mikeeruzione11)
Brooks Level Golden

Posted by: @frozen4champs

@mikeeruzione11  I will take the under. I will be completely satisfied if he makes 60 points again. I just see the B1G teams being better this upcoming year, and the heater Cooley was on at the end of the season ( almost a 2 point per game average) will be tough to duplicate. He had around 18 points alone vs Sparty and the BADgers last year. I see them a bit better defensively this year.

I will take the under also, but not by much. Still so pumped he is coming back.

upnorthkid
(@upnorthkid)
Broten Level
Rep Pts: 2197

Given 40 games max (guess we could add a potential 1st round BTT series adding 2 games so 42) that's about 1.67-1.75 ppg. Fantilli was the only one who got there this year. Caufield got there his season, but in way less games as the Badgers sucked so missed the postseason stuff where games can be tighter. Otherwise no one over the last 5-6 years. So give me the under though I think he'll be every bit as dynamic this year. It's just a ton of points

Go4birdvowel
(@go4birdvowel)
Wooger Level
Rep Pts: 224

I’d take the over, especially if Moore ends up as the LW on that line. I don’t think him putting up 2 ppg in the second half of the year was a fluke and him and Snuggerud being a year older, I think that line would put up more total points than last year’s. 

maroon and gold
(@maroon_and_gold)
Brooks Level
Rep Pts: 7365

Well now that the D is finalized for next season just need 1-2 more forwards

Bertogliat
(@bertogliat)
Broten Level Golden
Rep Pts: 3902
Post on old board: 12555

Remember he started last season slowly in points.  At one point I thought Snuggy was the much better player as he was scoring out of the chute.  It took some time for Cooley to find his groove.

Cooley may clean up in the non-conference games in his sophomore season.

Bertogliat
(@bertogliat)
Broten Level Golden

Given 40 games max (guess we could add a potential 1st round BTT series adding 2 games so 42) that's about 1.67-1.75 ppg. Fantilli was the only one who got there this year. Caufield got there his season, but in way less games as the Badgers sucked so missed the postseason stuff where games can be tighter. Otherwise no one over the last 5-6 years. So give me the under though I think he'll be every bit as dynamic this year. It's just a ton of points

He may miss games for WJC.

Hey_Sioux_Suck
(@hey_sioux_suck)
Wooger Level
Rep Pts: 260

Posted by: @bertogliat

He may miss games for WJC.

Cooley, Snuggerud, Moore, Mittelstadt, Chesley, and possibly Rinzel could be out for the World Juniors.  I'm sure Motzko will take this into consideration when making the schedule.

F Da Sue
(@f-da-sue)
Lucia Level Golden
Rep Pts: 91

@sioux-suck Mittelstadt is too old this year.

JDPuck04
(@jdpuck04)
Lucia Level

@go4birdvowel - Have the Gophers had a line of three first round picks in the last few decades? I really can't think of one.

Not that draft status is everything - seeing as Knies was a 2nd and was an absolute stud (let's be honest - Johnny Pohl was a 9th round pick and one of the most fun Gopher forwards of the last two decades to watch). But impressive nonetheless! I kind of hope Motzko does line them up together with the whole record setting NTDP top line going to BC next year...

JDPuck04
(@jdpuck04)
Lucia Level

@maroon_and_gold I'm so curious about how the freshmen class will round out...

With Motzo bringing Begley in to (assumedly) compete for the 7th/scratch D with Max Rud, I'd assume that means Brady Yakesh (who I'm pulling for) will get another full USHL year and come in next year with Whipple. Decent staggering of D commits. I'm relying on what I've read from other GPLers regarding Carl Fish being a guy that can really anchor a 3rd pairing and be an elder asset to the young back end. 

The forwards are much more interesting with the returners. They likely lose 5+ quality forwards between Super Seniors/Seniors and Cools/Snuggy following next season.  If they go too light on 2023 freshmen commits - filling the roster will rely a TON on the (albeit already uber talented) 2024 freshmen class. The 2023 fourth line is my biggest curiosity now - Kurth vs. Lamb, Mittelstadt vs. Pino vs. Strobel, does Motzko bring in Hendrickson or Clark or let them marinade another year? Will there be a surprise forward offer letter like Begley? I feel like they NEED more freshmen forwards!

Is there any kind of offer or commit deadlines that will make the 2023 roster more concrete?

maroon and gold
(@maroon_and_gold)
Brooks Level

@jdpuck04 

Fish will surprise many Gopher fans this year, even some on this board!

Hendrickson and Clark are both going back to juniors based on what I’m hearing. Ziemer, Clark, Hendrickson, Eiserman is a helluva recruiting class that will have to replace some scoring. James Hagens may even be added to that list come August. 

GopherPete reacted
frozen4champs
(@frozen4champs)
Mayasich Level Golden
Topic starter  

Miller is back as an assistant on the World Junior team.

https://twitter.com/GopherHockey/status/1664696169811922965

maroon and gold
(@maroon_and_gold)
Brooks Level

Cooley, Snuggerud, Moore, Chesley, Rinzel and Miller. Yeesh. 

mlhouse
(@mlhouse)
Wooger Level
Rep Pts: 342

@idontknow 

This guy in 2001-02

https://gophersports.com/sports/2018/5/21/sports-m-hockey-spec-rel-yearly-scoring-leaders-html

I will say it again, the Minnesota State Legislature should pass a law that requires Johnny and Krissy to keep procreating until they have at least one son who should be given a hockey scholarship commitment at birth.

Bertogliat
(@bertogliat)
Broten Level Golden

Maybe he could take over for Frost since he must have recruiting down and certainly has the legacy recruits lined up!

MikeEruzione11
(@mikeeruzione11)
Brooks Level Golden

YoungEagle
(@youngeagle)
Leopold Level Golden
Rep Pts: 1684

That’s impressive. Mariucci is going to be so fun this year. You love to see it ?

'29, '40, '74, '76, '79, '02, & '03
GPL's Resident Cabin Enthusiast & Cadets Hockey Fan

Slap Shot
(@slap-shot)
Brooks Level Golden
Rep Pts: 6891
Post on old board: 18942

My eldest son said he bought one. I asked who he's going to go with and he said "I don't know someone I know will get one too".  I said buy one for your brother and I'll pay for it, then you can share with friends if you don't want to go to every game. I don't think he it in time. ? 

Gopherguy05
(@gopherguy05)
Stauber Level
Rep Pts: 830
Post on old board: 5335

https://twitter.com/JessRMyers/status/1665794701356593152

Jess has Barto headed back to juniors for a season and potentially returning next year to share the net with Airey.

He has Hendrickson coming in for sure and lists Clark as a maybe if Bob thinks he needs one more forward.

Slap Shot
(@slap-shot)
Brooks Level Golden

Only 4 months? 

Happy Napoleon Dynamite GIF

trixR4kids
(@trixr4kids)
Broten Level
Rep Pts: 2137
Post on old board: 15139

Posted by: @slap-shot

My eldest son said he bought one. I asked who he's going to go with and he said "I don't know someone I know will get one too".  I said buy one for your brother and I'll pay for it, then you can share with friends if you don't want to go to every game. I don't think he it in time. ? 

It helps that it’s GA, they finally did that my junior and senior year but before that they had assigned seats and it kinda sucked. I had to sit next to these snobby annoying girls from one of my ppl rival high schools and needless to say I just found some friends and hoped they had a seat open by them. GA means you just buy a ticket and don’t have to coordinate a whole group etc. at least when buying the tickets.

Slap Shot
(@slap-shot)
Brooks Level Golden

Posted by: @trixr4kids

Posted by: @slap-shot

It helps that it’s GA, they finally did that my junior and senior year but before that they had assigned seats and it kinda sucked. I had to sit next to these snobby annoying girls from one of my ppl rival high schools and needless to say I just found some friends and hoped they had a seat open by them. GA means you just buy a ticket and don’t have to coordinate a whole group etc. at least when buying the tickets.

Yes the GA part of it makes a big difference.  I also said if they have to buy a regular seat season ticket I will pay for it, and that typically you can find a seat in the student section or close enough that it won't matter most games. They both have grown slightly more aware of how cool being a student can be at a sporting event, but they both missed out last year on ST so they haven't yet realized the full potential.  I implored upon them if there was ever going to be a season to do it, this would be one of them. 

trixR4kids reacted

maroon and gold
(@maroon_and_gold)
Brooks Level

Posted by: @gopherguy05

https://twitter.com/JessRMyers/status/1665794701356593152

Jess has Barto headed back to juniors for a season and potentially returning next year to share the net with Airey.

He has Hendrickson coming in for sure and lists Clark as a maybe if Bob thinks he needs one more forward.

I’ve heard Hendrickson to Sioux Falls this year

frozen4champs
(@frozen4champs)
Mayasich Level Golden
Topic starter  

Hendrickson was taken #3 overall in this years USHL Phase II draft. "Normally" teams do their homework when they take players that high in the draft and have a pretty good idea on what is up with the players future. I looked at last years phase II draft and the top 5 players selected played for the teams that drafted them. The #6 pick played in the BCHL. The rest of the top 10 picks mostly played in the USHL, with a couple in the NAHL. That is as far as I looked. Also, remember the coach at SF is Eric Rud, so he should have some inside info. But of course, things can change.  

Gopherguy05
(@gopherguy05)
Stauber Level
Rep Pts: 830
Post on old board: 5335

Interesting feature on the redesign of the ice sheet at Mariucci.

Of note which makes sense but didn't realize is they are swapping out the lighting in Mariucci as well for LED sports lighting, which should make a HUGE difference in there as well.

Greyeagle reacted
Jupiter ♃
(@jupiter)
Brooks Level Admin
Rep Pts: 5262
Post on old board: 15786

Of note which makes sense but didn't realize is they are swapping out the lighting in Mariucci as well for LED sports lighting, which should make a HUGE difference in there as well.

We have a podcast that we recorded from Mariucci about all the changes coming. Hope to publish it soon. Just waiting on some graphics and final approval from the U. 

Do not like how this board is run?
Get your own board!

maroon and gold
(@maroon_and_gold)
Brooks Level

So is it going to be 92 or 89 feet? I’ve seen both floated out there and need someone to settle it once and for all. (The article link doesn’t work for me)

Bertogliat
(@bertogliat)
Broten Level Golden

Posted by: @maroon_and_gold

So is it going to be 92 or 89 feet? I’ve seen both floated out there and need someone to settle it once and for all. (The article link doesn’t work for me)

The article says 89'.  But it also say the radius of the corners will be increased form 20' to 22', rather than the NHL standard of 28'.  That sucks they couldn't get around that.  It's still going to have cavernous corners and look weird.

Bertogliat
(@bertogliat)
Broten Level Golden

Posted by: @jupiter

We have a podcast that we recorded from Mariucci about all the changes coming. Hope to publish it soon. Just waiting on some graphics and final approval from the U. 

Jup, does the podcast cover whether or not they are changing the netting?  Nobody wants more netting and I am afraid they'll go overboard.

Jupiter ♃
(@jupiter)
Brooks Level Admin

Posted by: @bertogliat

Jup, does the podcast cover whether or not they are changing the netting?  Nobody wants more netting and I am afraid they'll go overboard.

I do not believe anything is changing with that. 

Get your own board!

MikeEruzione11
(@mikeeruzione11)
Brooks Level Golden

Looking forward to seeing the LED sports lighting.

Jupiter ♃
(@jupiter)
Brooks Level Admin

There will be 5 banks of lights on each side of the rink. Here is what the preliminary documents showed. (Click for full size)

Screenshot 2023 06 08 at 12.08.26 PM

Get your own board!

JoeGopher
(@joegopher)
Wooger Level
Rep Pts: 323

I may have misread it, but it appears that are replacing the glass with acrylic, like in most NHL arenas, as well.  I get that it is probably safer for fans and players (see Cooley hit last year), but those panels tend to get scuffed and scratched really easy and make the place sound like the walls are coming down after a big hit...

Bertogliat
(@bertogliat)
Broten Level Golden

Posted by: @joegopher

I may have misread it, but it appears that are replacing the glass with acrylic, like in most NHL arenas, as well.  I get that it is probably safer for fans and players (see Cooley hit last year), but those panels tend to get scuffed and scratched really easy and make the place sound like the walls are coming down after a big hit...

This is what the NHL uses so I am going to guess they have the scuffing mess figured out.  Either via elbow grease or improved product.  At local youth rinks you can definitely tell the difference so I am hoping the product has improved.

This company claims the acrylic shields offer fans "an improved viewing experience."  Hopefully that's not just because of the fewer stanchions. 

https://beckerarena.com/portfolio/acrylic-shielding/

frozen4champs
(@frozen4champs)
Mayasich Level Golden
Topic starter  

Congrats to Cooley and the rest of the team.  ? 

https://twitter.com/GopherHockey/status/1666897888192913415

gator
(@gator)
Brooks Level Golden
Rep Pts: 5582
Post on old board: 16243

What’s the o/u on Cooley being on the high side of the 3.22?

Keep your stick on the ice...

trixR4kids
(@trixr4kids)
Broten Level
Rep Pts: 2137
Post on old board: 15139

Posted by: @gator

What’s the o/u on Cooley being on the high side of the 3.22?

Long as he isn’t academically ineligible next year I don’t really care ? 

Rau4SkiUMah reacted
Page 20 / 40