684 Likes
49.6 K Views
frozen4champs
(@frozen4champs)
Mayasich Level Golden
Rep Pts: 11957
Post on old board: 9626

Posted by: @jwg

is the Blue Line Club not a thing anymore?  I was looking at Goal Line Club stuff and then was trying to find Blue Line Club Info. And nothing since 2017 I could find. 

They disbanded around then I would guess. I donated to them for years. IIRC, one of the leaders of it retired and it was just too much work to keep it going. It's a shame that no one would step in to take it over. They were in charge of some of the stuff around the arena like engraving the display that had the award winners on it. Updating those has not been a priority for the U and it seems like the U updates that stuff when they get around to it. The Olympic Banner needs updating as well.

I'm 50% factual and 50% sarcastic. When you get to know me, you will know which is which.

frozen4champs
(@frozen4champs)
Mayasich Level Golden

Just looked at the bidding on the 100 year jerseys. Highest bid so far--- $1025 for the Farm Kids jersey, which is almost double the bid of the 2nd highest-- Meyers at $550. Knies and Faber are still in the $400's. With 2 days left, I'm sure that will change.

I'm 50% factual and 50% sarcastic. When you get to know me, you will know which is which.

mlhouse
(@mlhouse)
Wooger Level
Rep Pts: 298

Does Justen Close have any potential eligibility left?   I am not clear on who can and cannot take that 5th year of eligibility.

Are there any NHL teams interested in him?  If there isn't any great offers, then why not come back for an extra year of eligibility.  

maroon and gold
(@maroon_and_gold)
Brooks Level
Rep Pts: 7130

Anyone rostered in the 2020-21 season gets an extra year. He will have one year remaining after this year. 

frozen4champs
(@frozen4champs)
Mayasich Level Golden

Posted by: @mlhouse

Does Justen Close have any potential eligibility left?   I am not clear on who can and cannot take that 5th year of eligibility.

Are there any NHL teams interested in him?  If there isn't any great offers, then why not come back for an extra year of eligibility.  

Yes, he has the extra covid year if he wants to use it.

Chill Kessel
(@chill-kessel)
Leopold Level
Rep Pts: 1992

As good as he has been I don't think he's going to have a bunch of offers. NHL teams just aren't usually interested in 5'10" goalies unless they have a really elite skill of some kind. Close doesn't really do anything at an elite level.

mlhouse
(@mlhouse)
Wooger Level
Rep Pts: 298

@frozen4champs 

If he doesn't have any professional offers, why not?  Having Close back could really create some continuity into next season.

frozen4champs
(@frozen4champs)
Mayasich Level Golden

@frozen4champs 

If he doesn't have any professional offers, why not?  Having Close back could really create some continuity into next season.

I think it will depend on if Bob lands another goalie for next year. Bob also hasn't really had very many players stay here for the extra year. Laffer stayed, and Rossini came back mid season out of desperation. At some point the Gophers need to see what they have in Barto as well. Again, I'm not against Close coming back, but it will need to be under the right circumstances.

maroon and gold
(@maroon_and_gold)
Brooks Level

I think Bob is more likely to give a goalie a 5th year because it’s pretty hard to overrecruit the position. 

Like I’ve said before I think they’re tossing all their apples at Carsen Musser to come in next year if not then it could be interesting. I do want Bartoskziewicz to get a look but Close has been too damn good to take out. Good problem to have. 

bearpaw28
(@bearpaw28)
Bonin Level
Rep Pts: 1083
Post on old board: 6912

The two goals Brodzinski scored Saturday night are the exact type of goals he scores. Needs someone to get him the puck in a shooting spot (which Nelson did). He can’t create plays (like Cooley or several others) but he can shoot from the near perimeter & finish in close. That line with Nevers & the farm kid has been effective. 

maroon and gold
(@maroon_and_gold)
Brooks Level

It feels like only one line is allowed to click per weekend. Imagine if that line clicked and the top line was firing too. 

Although Bob seems to be a little mad at Rhett, I hope we see Pitlick back with Huglen this weekend (hopefully with Kurth) they have some undeniable chemistry together. 

Rau4SkiUMah
(@rau4skiumah)
Broten Level
Rep Pts: 2175

Totally agree on the Pitlick-Huglen-Kurth line. The amount they started shooting more in the dying minutes of Thursday’s game seemed significant once Kurth was thrown on that line. But then where does that leave Lamb? 

maroon and gold
(@maroon_and_gold)
Brooks Level

Posted by: @rau4skiumah

Totally agree on the Pitlick-Huglen-Kurth line. The amount they started shooting more in the dying minutes of Thursday’s game seemed significant once Kurth was thrown on that line. But then where does that leave Lamb? 

27-13-17 or 19-13-17. I still think Pinoniemi will become a bit more of an offensive presence by the second half. Also as much as I loved Strobel early on, I’ve liked J Mittelstadt’s game even more as of late. He’s an energy guy that can make a skill play if he has time and space. 

Rau4SkiUMah reacted
Rau4SkiUMah
(@rau4skiumah)
Broten Level

Posted by: @maroon_and_gold

Posted by: @rau4skiumah

27-13-17 or 19-13-17. I still think Pinoniemi will become a bit more of an offensive presence by the second half. Also as much as I loved Strobel early on, I’ve liked J Mittelstadt’s game even more as of late. He’s an energy guy that can make a skill play if he has time and space. 

I will echo what others have said. I think both Strobel and J. Mittlestadt will be great four year college players and fan favorites. They play the right away and give 100% every shift. Strobel is a wrecking ball out there and Mittlestadt is a total rink rat. His ability to back check, be a nuisance and pick the pocket of an opposing player is a lot of fun to watch. 

maroon and gold
(@maroon_and_gold)
Brooks Level

Greyeagle reacted
Cowgirl
(@cowgirl)
Brooks Level Golden
Rep Pts: 6793
Post on old board: 10120

Posted by: @frozen4champs

Just looked at the bidding on the 100 year jerseys. Highest bid so far--- $1025 for the Farm Kids jersey, which is almost double the bid of the 2nd highest-- Meyers at $550. Knies and Faber are still in the $400's. With 2 days left, I'm sure that will change.

I tried to bid on one but with 7 seconds left I placed a bid and it immediately said the auction was over. Wtf.  Disappointed but I saved a lot of money. ?
Sadly I bet we see a few of these on eBay soon.  I would have worn one with pride. 

D2D
 D2D
(@d2d)
Wooger Level Golden
Rep Pts: 476

@frozen4champs 

I remember the last Blueline Club meeting was held upstairs at Surly's. Always enjoyed going to the luncheons where you could hear from both the opposing and our Gopher coach. Lots of laughs and good food, priced right.

The Rube
(@the-rube)
Brooks Level Golden
Rep Pts: 7381
Post on old board: 35040

Posted by: @d2d

@frozen4champs 

I remember the last Blueline Club meeting was held upstairs at Surly's. Always enjoyed going to the luncheons where you could hear from both the opposing and our Gopher coach. Lots of laughs and good food, priced right.

I only went to the MN @ MTU Bluelines, and they were indeed a good time, and obv reasonably priced. Laid back, could ask anything, very fun.

When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the United States you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

thinkbui
(@thinkbui)
Stauber Level
Rep Pts: 863
Post on old board: 11106

I meant to ask this in the series thread for this weekend, but was Cooley's suspension contingent on whether Ciccolini dressed Friday?  I thought I heard a couple of times that the ruling came late making me wonder if they made the decision based on that.

Trigeminal Neuralgia Awareness
Not every disease is visible. Not every pain comes from an obvious wound. Some people you see day-to-day may be suffering in ways you or I may never understand and fighting just to live a normal life. Please consider contributing to the Facial Pain Association and together we can find a cure.

Cowgirl
(@cowgirl)
Brooks Level Golden
Rep Pts: 6793
Post on old board: 10120

Posted by: @thinkbui

I meant to ask this in the series thread for this weekend, but was Cooley's suspension contingent on whether Ciccolini dressed Friday?  I thought I heard a couple of times that the ruling came late making me wonder if they made the decision based on that.

i asked that question too - if they based that decision because the other guy was hurt.  Although it may have been good Cooley didn’t play Friday as I bet he would have been targeted a lot.  

MikeEruzione11
(@mikeeruzione11)
Brooks Level Golden
Rep Pts: 4009

Posted by: @cowgirl

Posted by: @thinkbui

i asked that question too - if they based that decision because the other guy was hurt.  Although it may have been good Cooley didn’t play Friday as I bet he would have been targeted a lot.  

I had the same exact thought that it might have been a factor in the decision, and they waited to see if he was going to play. Regardless, he earned the suspension. That was a cheap play. 

thinkbui
(@thinkbui)
Stauber Level
Rep Pts: 863
Post on old board: 11106

Well, I don't know if that would have been a suspension on a normal weekend, but he should have expected that the depleted Michigan lineup was going to get the benefit of the doubt.  I don't want to rail on him to hard since he was probably given marching orders to wear them down, but he should have been more careful.

Trigeminal Neuralgia Awareness
Not every disease is visible. Not every pain comes from an obvious wound. Some people you see day-to-day may be suffering in ways you or I may never understand and fighting just to live a normal life. Please consider contributing to the Facial Pain Association and together we can find a cure.

Idontknow
(@idontknow)
Stauber Level Golden
Rep Pts: 994

Am I reading the gophersports.com schedule right that we have a one-off game vs Bemidji Dec. 31 and it's an exhibition?

Both parts of that seem weird.

maroon and gold
(@maroon_and_gold)
Brooks Level

Posted by: @idontknow

Am I reading the gophersports.com schedule right that we have a one-off game vs Bemidji Dec. 31 and it's an exhibition?

They allow exhibitions against NCAA competition now so Bob went ahead and made it happen. We’ll be missing a handful of players for the WJC so I don’t mind that it’s an exhibition. 

maroon and gold
(@maroon_and_gold)
Brooks Level

Gophers ranked #2 in every poll imaginable including pairwise. Seems like a year where the Gophers and DU are destined to meet at some point. 

Rau4SkiUMah
(@rau4skiumah)
Broten Level

Gophers ranked #2 in every poll imaginable including pairwise. Seems like a year where the Gophers and DU are destined to meet at some point. 

If those two teams were to meet in the final that would be quite the National Championship game. 

MikeEruzione11
(@mikeeruzione11)
Brooks Level Golden

They allow exhibitions against NCAA competition now so Bob went ahead and made it happen. We’ll be missing a handful of players for the WJC so I don’t mind that it’s an exhibition. 

Cooley, Snuggy, and Chesley? Am I missing anyone? 

JWG
 JWG
(@jwg)
Leopold Level Golden
Rep Pts: 1760
Post on old board: 8686

That lines up with the Gopher women playing a non-conference (but not exhibition) game against SCSU in their conference a week ago.

Rau4SkiUMah
(@rau4skiumah)
Broten Level

Posted by: @mikeeruzione11

Cooley, Snuggy, and Chesley? Am I missing anyone? 

Is Luke Mittlestadt eligible? 

Chill Kessel
(@chill-kessel)
Leopold Level

I think L. Mittelstadt, Cal Thomas, Kurth, and Lamb are eligible, but don't know if they are under serious consideration.

maroon and gold
(@maroon_and_gold)
Brooks Level

Posted by: @chill-kessel

I think L. Mittelstadt, Cal Thomas, Kurth, and Lamb are eligible, but don't know if they are under serious consideration.

Mittelstadt should be imo

Rau4SkiUMah
(@rau4skiumah)
Broten Level

Way too early Hobey Baker question but if LaCombe keeps playing the way he has could he be in the running? I know he had a rough weekend against Penn State but I think for the most part he’s been great so far this season. 

Greyeagle reacted
maroon and gold
(@maroon_and_gold)
Brooks Level

He’s been dominant every game except Friday PSU. Currently on pace for 40 something points. If his point production picks up in the second half like it typically does and he gets into the 50’s he could definitely be in consideration. 

YoungEagle
(@youngeagle)
Leopold Level Golden
Rep Pts: 1625

Perunovich had something close to that IIRC. He would need to be in that conversation. 

'29, '40, '74, '76, '79, '02, & '03
GPL's Resident Cabin Enthusiast & Cadets Hockey Fan

frozen4champs
(@frozen4champs)
Mayasich Level Golden

https://twitter.com/B1GHockey/status/1595092288279134216

frozen4champs
(@frozen4champs)
Mayasich Level Golden

https://twitter.com/GopherHockey/status/1595082319345422336

Bertogliat
(@bertogliat)
Broten Level Golden
Rep Pts: 3824
Post on old board: 12555

We need to get the band to play Brass Bonanza during one of the intermissions for every home series.

Who can make this happen?

trixR4kids reacted
Eric Vegoe
(@eric-vegoe)
Bonin Level
Rep Pts: 1184

Interesting Average TOI data so far for the Gophers -- basically confirms the eye test of what I'd expect.

LaCombe 20:44

Faber 19:48

Knies 18:29

Nelson 18:29

Johnson 18:12

Cooley 17:58

Brodzinski 17:39

Snuggerud 17:16

Huglen 16:35

Chesley 16:34

Nevers 16:05

Pitlick 15:01

Koster 15:01

L. Mittelstadt 14:43

Thomas 12:20

Lamb 11:48

J.Mittelstadt 11:23

Kurth 10:57

Strobel 8:47

frozen4champs
(@frozen4champs)
Mayasich Level Golden

They interviewed Cooley. A couple of gems--

Asked about the biggest difference between USTDP program and this year.

Cooley-- Going to class, it was something we didn't have to do much at the USTDP. Maybe I shouldn't have said that.

Cooley-- I am lucky to have easy classes this year.  

When asked about when he expects to play for the Coyotes--

Cooley-- I hope to be there at the end of the year. It will depend on how my development goes. We will have to talk to everyone about it when the time comes.

That may just be an answer to codify the fans. But it just seems he is not a fan of going to school, but likes the facilities at the U and how they are helping him become bigger, faster, and stronger.

The hosts talk about him leaving the U after he left the show. They all prefer the college model over the OHL. They also seem to think it would not be bad for him stay in school for another year.  They were very complementary of college hockey.

Eric Vegoe reacted
Jerry Peters fka DAWoJ
(@don-adams-wheel-of-justice)
Wooger Level Golden
Rep Pts: 446

Sounds like Cooley has one skate out the door already.

frozen4champs
(@frozen4champs)
Mayasich Level Golden

Posted by: @don-adams-wheel-of-justice

Sounds like Cooley has one skate out the door already.

He made it clear that he wasn't a fan of going to classes. The comment about the end of the year may be just a standard one from his advisors telling him what to say when talking to anyone from the Arizona media. Maybe First Class Mortgage can put him on the payroll for his NIL and he can for sure stay another year. ?  Like I've said before, I will enjoy the ride and see what happens after April 10th. 

MikeEruzione11
(@mikeeruzione11)
Brooks Level Golden

Just listened to the podcast myself. I thought he answered the question about when he will play in Arizona pretty well. That's a tough question to answer on a random podcast and you know everyone will clip your answer.

I would assume he is gone after the season, but who knows. I would have expected the same with Knies after last season. Win your last game this season and he can leave the day after lol

max27t
(@max27t)
Lucia Level Golden
Rep Pts: 160

I believe I heard Kessel didn't attend class at all after the second semester started. So Cooley just has to tolerate classes for a few more weeks.

Rau4SkiUMah
(@rau4skiumah)
Broten Level

Kessel just not attending class is the least surprising thing I’ve ever heard in my entire life. 

Chill Kessel
(@chill-kessel)
Leopold Level

Chris Peters has Cooley and Snuggerud as locks for world juniors. Has Chesley listed as likely and Mittelstadt as a bubble guy. His ultimate roster projection does not include Mittelstadt.

2023 World Juniors: Predicting Team USA's Roster - FloHockey

frozen4champs
(@frozen4champs)
Mayasich Level Golden

https://twitter.com/DylanLoucks4/status/1598095656924893185

frozen4champs
(@frozen4champs)
Mayasich Level Golden

The Gophers are trying out valet parking for hockey games.

GOPHERS INTRODUCE VALET PARKING FOR SINGLE GAMES!

Say goodbye to freezing cold cars and long walks to the parking lot. Leave that  puffy winter jacket at home and consider using our new valet system!

For the remainder of the hockey season we have a limited amount of valet passes that can be purchased on a single game basis.  Next year, these will be restricted to full-season passes, however we would like to offer you the option to test it out.  Ticket holders who purchase a valet parking pass will be able to drop their vehicles off directly next to 3M Arena at Mariucci.  We are partnering with Metropolitan Valet, who has vast experience in this industry, working with the Twins and Timberwolves.

Please see below for more details:

Cost: $50 per game - available on a first come first serve basis

Reservation: Please contact Jake Gilbertson, Director of Premium Seating at 612-247-6380 or @ gilbertj@umn.edu

Begins: 1.5 hours prior to puck drop

Location: Cars will be dropped off in the Valet Zone on 4th street

Entrance: Fans will go in the stadium via the Sundet Lobby

Exiting:  Fans will call their vehicle from the hospitality room in the Sundet Lobby

Greyeagle
(@greyeagle)
Mariucci Level Moderator Golden
Rep Pts: 9842
Post on old board: 21741

Can you say post game clusterf*ck?

“When your best friend is the son of God, you get tired of losing every argument.”

― Christopher Moore, Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

frozen4champs
(@frozen4champs)
Mayasich Level Golden

People already complain about the ticket prices, so who other than Lou Nanne is going to use this? 

streakygopher
(@streakygopher)
Broten Level Golden
Rep Pts: 2480
Post on old board: 15478

Posted by: @frozen4champs

People already complain about the ticket prices, so who other than Lou Nanne is going to use this? 

People with money, especially elderly people who don't want to hoof it to the game from their cars.

Page 3 / 26